• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gipauchii

Elite Trainer
I am thinking that my team will be either of the two:

Team #1
Delphox
Blastoise/Clawitzer
Pangoro
Aurorus
Mawile
Noivern

Team #2
Chesnaught
Talonflame/Charizard
Aurorus
Mawile
Mamalar
Dragalge

I am having a difficult time deciding which team I want to use. Though I may lean more towards team 1 since I prefer Delphox over the other two starters and that I usually pick the mage in medieval RPGs. However, team 2 seems more balanced and can cover more types offensively. Although I usually only pick new Pokemon to use during each region, I wanted to try out both mega evolutions and the Fairy type. Not to mention Mawile's Steel/Fairy typing matched with an amazing mega evolution makes it too great to pass up for me.

Last edited:

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
X Team

- Greninja (Water/Dark)

- Pangoro (Fighting/Dark)

- Talonflame (Fire/Flying)

- Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)

- Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)

Unfortunately can't think of something for the last slot in my team >_> Grass or electric, perhaps? Any suggestions? :)

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
X Team

- Greninja (Water/Dark)

- Pangoro (Fighting/Dark)

- Talonflame (Fire/Flying)

- Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)

- Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)

Unfortunately can't think of something for the last slot in my team >_> Grass or electric, perhaps? Any suggestions? :)

How about Gogoat or Heliolisk?

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
How about Gogoat or Heliolisk?

Yeah, I've been considering Gogoat for sure, but still not sure at the moment.

PsychoIncarnate

I'm not sure who to pick for X or Y but it's going to look something like this:

Greninja
Chesnaught
Furfrou (Pink Form)
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
Aurorus
Goodra
Trevenant
Blastoise
Venusaur

Finding myself really disappointed with the lack of Bug-types in Kalos, but here's my proposed Y team so far.

Greninja
Dragalge (The whole reason I've decided Y)
Trevenant - The Ghost/Grass type seemed like a good fit.
Talonflame - More or less I wasn't a fan of other flying or fire type Pokemon, but wanted both types on my team.
Aromatisse - I like a good healer ability.
Aurorus - It's refrigerate ability looks really good.

I'm also planning on rotating Mega Venusaur and Mega Blaziken in my team, but the Mega Evo thing hasn't completely won me over yet so I don't want to rely on it.

zimmerwald1915

I'm feeling like building a sunny-day team lead by Mega Charizard Y. I'm also thinking of using up to 10 Pokemon, 6 at a time. With so much Pokemon, I'm stuck with quicksandbox syndrome until decided to make a theme.

Firstly, among the Kalos starters:
-Chestnaught will get fried by boosted fires. Since its attack seems to be hjigher, Solarbeam may not be good on him.
-Delphox can take advantage of the sun, but mono-typing with Charizard will make the team more vulnerable to fire's weakness.
-Greninja's water STAB compensates sun's burden on its water moves. Vurnerable to solarbeams though. Maybe I'll see if it has a water move that ignores the sun lowering its power.

If I were to choose Deplox, I have to get around the rock-type gym. Pancham could work, since it's right after the kanto starters.

Final Team
  • Either Deplox or Greninja
  • Mega Charizard Y
  • Pangoro
Represent Sunny Day!

Event-combusken can get you through the rock gym if you want something that can both do that and benefit from Sunny Day. A chlorophyll-user could do that too, but there don't seem to be any good ones in the Kalos 'dex.

So far my team is: Chestnaught, Talonflame, Lapras, Malamar, Vivillon and Floette, looking for Skrelp but it's hard to find >.<

CaveBeast

Zubat Hoarder
Chesnaught
Charizard Y
Dragalge
Malamar
Aegislash

The last one I'm not sure about. It is between Aurorus, Hawlucha and Goodra. Any recommendations?

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
This will be the hardest gen for me to pick a team. I could well see myself using over 6, rotating a couple periodically.

Only ones I know for sure right now:
Greninja
Blastoise
Aegislash
Aurorus

Other possibles:
Blaziken
Haxorus
Aggron
Heliolisk
Tyrantrum
Nidoking
Talonflame
Vivillion
Pyroar
Goodra
Gengar
Megnezone
Scizor

So many of my favs here x_X Going to be tough lol.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Well I finally decided one my 1st in-game team, I'm sure people will have similar teams but these are some of the Pokemon I just liked the most. Plus I'm actually nicknaming Pokemon this go around, so finding the right nicknames took a little time

-Chestnaught/Ares: the clear underdog this Gen, and I'm always one for the underdog

-TalonFlame/Xerxes: See. Family Guy

-Tyrantrum/Caligula: the angry, blood thirsty king.... yes

-Blastoise/Neptune: Poseidon seemed too obvious

-Aeigslash/Damocles: Part of me still wants to use Excalibur as a nickname, but this reference fits better

-Sylveon/Aphrodite: Kalos is all about Beauty, Sylveon is all about beauty, why not?

post game I plan on switching out Team members for Noivern and Mega Aggron as well

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
(Mega)Gardevoir / Uzume
Dragalge / Saphira
Golurk / Pacifista
Azumarill / Otohime
Skarmory / Dyna Blade
Umbreon / Nisshoku

Not a flaw to be seen

-Nator-

Late last night, I finally made a final decision for my team, and here are the results:

Chesnaught (for Attack and Defense)
Helioisk (for Sp. Att and Speed)
Tyrantrum (for Att, Def, decent Speed plus Strength if it's in the game)
Meowstic (Sp. Att and Speed)
Klefki (though it has no good stats in particular, I plan on using it as a wall)
Charizard (as a mixed attacker, plus Speed, and to Fly around places)

On top of that, there's only one Mega on my team so I won't be too overpowered.

Helium Paperweight

I'm having trouble deciding between a few pokemon. In Y, I'll either be getting Pangoro or Malamar, but I can't decide which one.

Helium Paperweight

Malamar gets Contrary with Superpower the choice is simple, Malamar.

True, and I like Malamar's design more. Plus, Pangoro would be harder to evo.

B. Thunder Tiger

The same here too. I had been experimenting myself with the two starters to see which one was better to start with. Delphox and Chesnaught look great, but in terms of type coverage with the team I selected carefully for Chesnaught, the latter wins with full type coverage. If there were only more Flying-type Kalos Pokémon, I would have gone with Delphox and Bulbasaur, and aqquire Chespin later after the PKMN league.

Sadly, there aren't much Flying-type PKMN native to Kalos to start with, as Noibat is Victory Road native, Talonflame is a second Fire-type, and I really don't like that Bug/Flying type that much (unless its stats and move pool were good enough for in-game) That, and because my first run will be Kalos-only Pokémon, my choice goes to Chespin. I will aqquire Fennekin through trade i already established a agreement on with someone.

Here's my team so far (minus rotations):

• Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
• Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
• Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
• Aurorus (Rock/Ice) or Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
• Meowstic (Dark/Psychic) or Malamar (Dark/Psychic)
• Clawitzer (Water)

B. Thunder Tiger

I am thinking that my team will be either of the two:

Team #1
Delphox
Blastoise/Clawitzer
Pangoro
Aurorus
Mawile
Noivern

Team #2
Chesnaught
Talonflame/Charizard
Aurorus
Mawile
Mamalar
Dragalge

I am having a difficult time deciding which team I want to use. Though I may lean more towards team 1 since I prefer Delphox over the other two starters and that I usually pick the mage in medieval RPGs. However, team 2 seems more balanced and can cover more types offensively. Although I usually only pick new Pokemon to use during each region, I wanted to try out both mega evolutions and the Fairy type. Not to mention Mawile's Steel/Fairy typing matched with an amazing mega evolution makes it too great to pass up for me.

The same here too. I had been experimenting myself with the two starters to see which one was better to start with. Delphox and Chesnaught look great, but in terms of type coverage with the team I selected carefully for Chesnaught, the latter wins with full type coverage. If there were only more Flying-type Kalos Pokémon, I would have gone with Delphox and Bulbasaur, and aqquire Chespin later after the PKMN league.

Sadly, there aren't much Flying-type PKMN native to Kalos to start with, as Noibat is Victory Road native, Talonflame is a second Fire-type, and I really don't like that Bug/Flying type that much (unless its stats and move pool were good enough for in-game) That, and because my first run will be Kalos-only Pokémon, my choice goes to Chespin. I will aqquire Fennekin through trade i already established a agreement on with someone.

Here's my team so far (minus rotations):

• Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
• Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
• Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
• Aurorus (Rock/Ice) or Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
• Meowstic (Dark/Psychic) or Malamar (Dark/Psychic)
• Clawitzer (Water)

Status
Not open for further replies.