• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jostru

Y-team:
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Gogoat
Pidgeot/Talonflame/Noivern
Sylveon/Dragalge/Heliolisk

Drummerdude

I've officially decided on my X team for tomorrow.

Chesnaught
Talonflame
Malamar
Sylveon
Clawitzer
Tyrantrum

I understand that this team is weak to Fairy, but oh well. I'm sure someone on my team can learn a Poison or Steel type move.

TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury
Finally decided on the 6 main members of my team
Chesnaught (grass/Fighting)
Charizard (fire/flying)
Lapras (water/ice)
Helioisk (electric/normal)
Aegislash (steel/ghost)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

I think its pretty well balanced. I will probably end up rotating in a dragon and/or ground type

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
So I'm thinking of challenging myself and running a REALLY heavily fire based team. delphox charizard blaziken and houdoom. Then swap the last two slots accordingly.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Right now, here's what I'm thinking for my main team in Pokémon X:
  1. Chesnaught
  2. Heliolish/Pyroar
  3. Meowstic
  4. Frogadier
  5. Aegislash
  6. Goodra

While these are the pokémon I'm considering for my reserves (though I only want to have 2-5 of them):
  • Tyrantrum
  • Carbink
  • Clawitzer
  • 1 mega evolution (still undecided)
  • Sylveon
  • Diggersby
  • Pumpkaboo
  • Phantump
  • Avalugg

PokeAJ

Alright, so after much careful deliberation I think I finally have my Y team planned:

Chesnaught
Tyrantrum
Aegislash
Charizard (Mega Charizard Y)
Dragalge
Heliolisk

Feedback is always welcome. :)

Streetlight

Anyone have any ideas for a final team member? I'm thinking something along the lines of physical based Bug or Dark type as I already have a ton of special attackers.

Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Venusaur (Grass/Poison)
Clawitzer (Water)
Noivern (Flying/Dragon)
Mamoswine (Ground/Ice)

PokeAJ

Anyone have any ideas for a final team member? I'm thinking something along the lines of physical based Bug or Dark type as I already have a ton of special attackers.

Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Venusaur (Grass/Poison)
Clawitzer (Water)
Noivern (Flying/Dragon)
Mamoswine (Ground/Ice)

How about Pangoro? He's physical based and is fighting/dark, neither of which are on your team.

~tommylicious~

Water Master
My planned X team (as of now):

Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Slurpuff (Fairy)
Mega Blastoise (Water)
Vivillon (Bug/Flying)
Noivern (Flying/Dragon)
Gourgeist (Ghost/Grass)

And this is very liable to change still. Delphox, Slurpuff, and Vivillon are certainly in my first play-through team though x)

Last edited:

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
Will most likely be:

Greninja
Hawlucha
Trevenant
Pyroar
Malamar
Tyrantrum
Florges
Gourgeist

I really just plan on cycling between these 8, just because I'd want to finish without using older Pokes.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Not certain on my entire team currently;

Definites:
Chesnaught
Aegislash
Heliolisk

Possible:
Hawlucha
Blastoise
Clawitzer
Malamar
Barbaracle
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
Mawile
Goodra
Xerneas
Weavile
Cloyster
Garbodor

Very tough to pare it down to only six with so many available in the Regional Dex. Maybe I'll cycle the last three slots between the possibles list...?

ReddShope

Arc Lord
I'll probably go:

Greninja
Mega Charizard-X/Mega Blaziken
Aegislash
Gardevoir
Aurorus
Pangoro/Talonflame/Noveirn

Due to the crazy awesome new fire types, I'd go with a fire team too:
Delphox
Talonflame
Pyroar
Mega Charizard-X
Mega Blaziken
Mega Houndoom

Henraye

Toon Leader
My team will probably consist some of these pokemon:

Greninja
Aggron
Venusaur
Salamence
Zangoose
Snorlax
Sandslash
Meowstic
Pangoro
6 of these pokemon will be on my team, depending how fast I can get them or how rare they are (I'm not spending eternity slathering honey on a tree hoping to get Munchlax)

JChaosW

Master Trader
My team (unless something extreme changes my mind) Will be the followng.

Chesnaught- going with the grass starter cause I'm not fond of Fennekin's evolved forms that much.

Mega Charizard Y- One of my favorite starters ever and it has served me well in the past.

Tyrantrum- Its a T rex dragon type what more is there to say?

Lapris- I've been meaning to try one out on my team for a while now and now is as good a time as any.

Aegislash- One of two pokemon I might change I just though it might fit well.

Mega Lucario- The other maybe on my list I've used it to great results before but I'm not !00% on how it will fit in.

Well thats my team what do you all think?

Navarch

Greninja M Water/Dark Timid Torrent
Florges F Fairy Calm Sweet Veil
Blaziken F Fire/Fighting Jolly Blaze (Breeding Event with a Ditto)
Avalugg M Ice Impish Ice Body
Noivern M Flying/Dragon Modest Infilitrator
Furfrou F Normal Adamant Fur Coat

I have a 3X Fighting Weakness, but I don't rally care. I don't want Speed Boost Blaziken all the time, so that is why I'm gonna breed my Torchic. This is my final team! I'm so happy I finally got this all figured out! And, I'm just in time for X and Y's Release for tomorrow! I'm a bit sad I couldn't fit Heliolisk in this team, but I can use him after I finish the Main Game. I'll probably end up making a Mono Normal Team after the Main Game. I'm ready for you, X Version! Bring it on!

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
So far, I want to have:

Delphox
Venusaur
Mienshao
Weavile (Due to having 6 weaknesses, might not go with this.)
Dragonite

I still haven't decided who will be in my 6th slot. I don't want another Pokemon that's weak to Fairy though.

I have no idea what my first playthrough team will be yet, but I want to eventually make an all ghost team (it's my favorite type and gen 6 introduces a few really awesome ghosts.) That party will most likely consist of:
Gengar (mega), aigislash, trevenant, jellicent (male), mismagius, and chandelure.

Status
Not open for further replies.