• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Caught Helioptile but realised I got to remove either Inkray or Helioptile for my preferred remaining three pokemon Slyveon the Ice fossil and the poison/dragon one I have someone to trade with once I get the rod for fishing. So either Inkray or Helioptile are to go very torn between them.

I currently have
Qualiden/Fletchling's first evo/Inkray and Helioptile (and the only one without a name). Anyone give any suggests if allowed please.

Andy2134

Dark & Fire Trainer
I jsut beat the 2nd gym and so far my team is:

Frogadier - Lvl29
Pidgeotto - Lvl29
Lucario - Lvl29
CHarmeleon - Lvl 29
Pikachu - Lvl29
Combusken - Lvl30

I'm planning on taking pikachu out for a pokemon with high special attack that can use thunderbolt, like Gengar and I'm also planning on taking away Pidgeotto since I'll have Charizard as a flying type so I'm thinking of either putting in Tyranitar or Tyrantrum, I absolutely love Tyranitar but I like Tyrantrum too.

Any thoguhts on what I should do or any suggestions?

BugPokemonMaster316

I jsut beat the 2nd gym and so far my team is:

Frogadier - Lvl29
Pidgeotto - Lvl29
Lucario - Lvl29
CHarmeleon - Lvl 29
Pikachu - Lvl29
Combusken - Lvl30

I'm planning on taking pikachu out for a pokemon with high special attack that can use thunderbolt, like Gengar and I'm also planning on taking away Pidgeotto since I'll have Charizard as a flying type so I'm thinking of either putting in Tyranitar or Tyrantrum, I absolutely love Tyranitar but I like Tyrantrum too.

Any thoguhts on what I should do or any suggestions?

I'd recommend replacing Pikachu with Helioptile. It has high special attack and learns a good variety of moves. As for Tyranitar or Tyrantrum, I'd go with the latter. Strong Jaw serves him well, and Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail are useful early game.

I plan on getting Pokemon X tomorrow and I have made a team I plan on using. Any suggestions are more than welcome.
Delphox
Blastoise
Pangoro
Heliolisk
Trevenant
Noviern

AquilaTempestas

Galactic Fan
My team after 7th gym:

Garchomp lvl 49
Haxorus lvl 48
Salamence lvl 50
Charizard lvl 53
Crobat lvl 50
Delphox lvl 50

I am thinking of taking a full dragon team through to the elite 4 for a challenge run.

Where can I find a Goomy and Deino?

Storm07

PkmnTCG07
My team after 7th gym:

Garchomp lvl 49
Haxorus lvl 48
Salamence lvl 50
Charizard lvl 53
Crobat lvl 50
Delphox lvl 50

I am thinking of taking a full dragon team through to the elite 4 for a challenge run.

Where can I find a Goomy and Deino?

Goomy rt 14 (Sliggoo rt 19). I caught a wild Hydreigon which dropped from the sky outside Victory Roads cave, you can find Deino inside

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Team is Greninja (Bushidoad), Charizard (Ignis), Gogoat (Molly), Doublade (Shanks), Goomy (Lord Goo), and Cubone (Marrow).

Jostru

Okay, so I just beat Clemont in Lumiose and currently my team consists of Greninja, Charizard, Lucario, Pikachu, Talonflame and Skiddo.

I'm in progress to evolve Skiddo, but I'm not sure anymore that I'm going to keep it on my team... I still have my Blaziken sitting in my box, too... Not to mention I'd like to have a Sylveon as well...

What do you guys think? Skiddo/Gogoat, Sylveon or Blaziken?

And does anyone know if Lucario learns any powerful Steel-type moves? I'm thinking about making him my Fairy-slayer in stead of going after a Poison-type.

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
I think I may have to end up rotating Pokemon.

I'll definitely keep Delphox, Gardevoir, and Mawile on at all times. I currently have Pidgeotto, Wartortle, and Aurorus with me as well. I also want to use Mienshao, Ampharos, the Goomy line, Leafeon, and maybe another couple I haven't picked yet.

When I get Y, it should be easier as I plan to start with Froakie and probably won't use my Kanto starter. I'll probably repeat Mawile though. sorrynotsorry, he's a beast now

Last edited:

thetamale

Who should I face the league with, I've been rotating so I'm a little spoilt for choice.

My main three are Greninja lv 85, Talonflame lv 75 and Heliolisk lv 67.

But I also have Florges, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Malamar and Trevenant all lv 56.

There's also Aurorus, Goodra and Noivern at lv 50 waiting in the wings.

⊙ᴗ⊙
Currently, as of the 4th gym, my team consists of:
658.png
006-my.png
697.png
142-m.png
690.png

Genocider - (F) Greninja lv. 47
Cayenne - (M) Charizard lv. 44
Sinclair - (M) Tyrantrum lv. 43
Aeonaxx - (M) Aerodactyl lv. 37
and
Octorok - (M) Skrelp lv. 39

The last member of my team will be a Phantump/Trevenant, whom I will obtain once I get a little bit farther. Hopefully soon since it's already painfully obvious I'm quite over-levelled for Clemont's gym and I really should get a move on.

Maateus79

I've reset my game to grab a new starter (Fennekin ftw?) and I'm thinking about running:

Delphox
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Nidoking
Garchomp

Any recommendations on a 6th? I'm tempted to try Sylveon or Florges, but I haven't seen much in the way of move sets or EV spreads for either of these.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Entering the league in Y

Current team:

Delphox lvl 70
Staraptor lvl 78
Blastoise lvl 71
Glaceon lvl 69
Ampharos lvl 70
Hydreigon lvl 68

I'm going to try to sweep the champion with Staraptor ^^

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I've reset my game to grab a new starter (Fennekin ftw?) and I'm thinking about running:

Delphox
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Nidoking
Garchomp

Any recommendations on a 6th? I'm tempted to try Sylveon or Florges, but I haven't seen much in the way of move sets or EV spreads for either of these.

Wigglytuff!

slowdude

After beating the 8th gym my team consists of

Dragagle L73
Gengar L70
Magneton L65
Lucario L67
Chesnaught L68
Charizard L68

Astrint

Breeding Star
So, i have been breeding a few starters for specific natures and i've almost filled my team up.

Chesnaught Lvl 39
Brave Nature

252 atk ev and a mixture of def/sp. def/hp(i'll reset them and be more careful on my count after smogon releases metagame info on X&Y)

Payback
Leechseed
Power-up Punch
Seed Bomb

Blaziken Lvl44

Jolly Nature

252 Spe 252 Atk

Peck
Double Kick
Shadow Claw
Blaze Kick

Tyrunt Lvl 1

Adamant Nature

252 Spe 252 Atk

Tail Whip
Tackle

Hawlucha Lvl 33

Nature Jolly

Ability Unburden

252 Spe 252 Atk

Flying Press
Roost
Aerial Ace
Bounce

Squirtle Lvl 1

Timid Nature

mixture of hp/sp. atk/sp. def/def

Tackle
Bite
Protect
Water Pulse

I am at a loss for who to place in that last slot. I like Amuara's refrigerate ability but a fairy type seems like it would be useful. I just don't know what kind of moves to put on a fairy type. Help? opinions? ratings? all would be appreciated.

LizardonX

Banned
Who should I face the league with, I've been rotating so I'm a little spoilt for choice.

My main three are Greninja lv 85, Talonflame lv 75 and Heliolisk lv 67.

But I also have Florges, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Malamar and Trevenant all lv 56.

There's also Aurorus, Goodra and Noivern at lv 50 waiting in the wings.

You are way too overleveled. Greininja alone could sweep.

Greekboy

Ah... Finally finished my team! :)
Team is in siggy.

From this generation forward (if mega evolution still exists from gen VII) I'll have one mega evolution in my team, and I guess the rest of the team will consist of new pokemon.
My mega evolution would've been Banette, but I realized I needed something to counter my 3 pokemon weakness to Fairy... Fairy type is OP type

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Ok, I just finished the 4th gym and my team is like this
Greninja lv 41
Tyrantrum lv 40
Doublade lv 39
Floette lv 39
Charizard lv 40

What else should i have for my 6th slot, I have an absol at the moment only because I needed someone that could learn Strengh, Cut and Rock Smash, what should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.