• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Beat the Elite 4!!!!!

The Team:
Greninja level 71 (M)- Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse
Mega Charizardd X level 69 (M)- Blast Burn, Fire Fang, Dragon Claw, Fly
Heliolisk level 69 (M)- Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Parabolic Charge, Surf
Talonflame level 68 (M)- Steel Wing, Fly, Flare Blitz, Acrobatics
Noivern level 67 (M)- Dragon Pulse, Hurricane, Shadow Ball, Boomburst
Xerneas level 65 (M)- Moonblast, Thunderbolt, Geomancy, Horn Leech

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Hey guys, so I just beat the 6th gym. Right now my team is

Azumarill
Delphox
Tyrantrum
Pangoro
Lucario w/ Mega Stone
Ducklett- HM buddy for Fly and Surf

I'm pretty sure I am gonna keep Tyrantrum, Azumarill and Delphox. They are all awesome. I really like Lucario and Pangoro but two fighting types is redundant. Also Ducklett obviously is not permanent.
Anyone know a good pokemon for surf and fly that won't give me a repeat type? Everything I can think of is a dragon. I'd rather not have two dragons or drop Tyrantrum. I was thinking about Dragalgae, but again thats the two dragons problem. Same goes for Noivern. I could probably give Azumarill surf, but she is wrecking faces with physical attacks and I'd rather her stick with Aqua Tail/ Waterfall.

Also I need a decent Mega as I'm not too crazy about Lucario's. I was thinking about Scizor, but I dunno where Scyther is. I picked Charizard for my kanto starter but I don't really want to use two fire types.

Any suggestions? TL;DR. I want a pokemon to replace Ducklet for Surf and Fly. I also want a better mega pokemon than Lucario. I don't mind dropping Pangoro, Lucario and Ducklett but everyone else has to stay. I don't want repeated types if possible.
Thanks for the help.

Considering this aswell, since normal type only weakness was fighting and fur coat basically gives this pokemon no weakness (haven't used a normal only vs fairy). Any1 know if this baby has decent defensive stats?

Edit: had a quick nosy and its Sdef is it's highest stat, this looks like it will definitely work but level 8 makes it hard to tell still cause it's base total could be low.
I have one never used a normal type except as ahm slave but i'm really impressed i have 2 attaking moves and sand attack and cute charm using cute charm to lower attack and sand attack to make the pokemon miss is what saved me at one of the gyms

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Chesnaught, slyveon,malamar,charizard(with mega stone) ,toixcrock and Lapras majority is high lvl 60's/low 70's except slyveon who is lvl 76 :D already beat the elite four how did my team look?

AceTrainerPaul

Unova Champion
Greninja, Charizard (Mega Stone X), Lucario & Sylveon are in my team any recommendations for my other two team members? I'm about to challenge the 8th Gym and they are all around lvl 60 - 64

My main three are Greninja lv 85, Talonflame lv 75 and Heliolisk lv 67.

But I also have Florges, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Malamar and Trevenant all lv 56.
I've reset my game to grab a new starter (Fennekin ftw?) and I'm thinking about running:

Delphox
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Nidoking
Garchomp
Hawlucha users… What are your opinions on it? I'm considering having one for my Fly-user spot. I understand there's no evolution involved in it, right? Does it have much in the ways of type coverage and stats?

Been playing since release now. It is hard for me to get too much time invested with the job I work, but here is what I have so far. I'm through the seventh gym and the Team Flare climax. Please let me know if there are any good moves I am missing for my Pokemon. I did not EV yet, nor cared about nature. I wait until after the main game is complete and then breed my own for competitive.

Barbaracle (Knuckles)

Lv 55
153/150/147/77/106/95
Hardy
Sniper

Cross Chop
Razor Shell
Rock Tomb
Shadow Claw

Aegislash (Nyquil)

Lv 62
160/89/202/87/238/100
Sassy
Stance Change

Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Shadow Claw
Iron Head

Chesnaught (Fedor)

Lv 61
188/170/177/110/114/120
Adamant
Overgrow

Leech Seed
Hammer Arm
Seed Bomb
Shadow Claw

Dragalge (Auganja)

Lv 55
149/112/114/123/170/69
Sassy
Poison Point

Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse
Surf

Sliggoo (Drooze)

Lv 50
133/92/76/102/132/78
Sassy
Hydration

Body Slam
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water
Thunderbolt

Charizard (Drogon)

Lv 62
192/139/115/182/127/163
Mild
Blaze

Fire Fang
Dragon Rage
Flamethrower
Shadow Claw

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
as of the defeat of team flare my team consist of
noibat: lv 44(just caught he is in need of some major training now)
gogoat: lv 56
lapras: lv 56
snorlax: lv 56
lucario(has its mega stone): lv 56
delphox: lv 56
and this shall be my main in game team that I shall use to destroy the pokemon league.

Shraeder

It's Lit
as of the defeat of team flare my team consist of
noibat: lv 44(just caught he is in need of some major training now)
gogoat: lv 56
lapras: lv 56
snorlax: lv 56
lucario(has its mega stone): lv 56
delphox: lv 56
and this shall be my main in game team that I shall use to destroy the pokemon league.

If you have a Lucky Egg it will level up in no time :) Also, make sure you visit the move re-learner once Noibat evolves, you'll need about 3-4 Heart Scales.

momopeach

I think I finally can create my ideal wonder pokemon team! Well maybe, don't know when you get some of these pokemon.

-Lapras
-Ampharos
-Altaria or maybe Flygon
-Gallade
-Reuniclus or Umbreon
-Florgess

This way I'll maybe have a team of a pokemon from each generation, which I've been wanting for years. Lapras is my all-time favorite, so I have to have her. Loved Gardevoir in Sapphire, but always wanted to try out a gallade. Love Altaria too, but Flygon is cool as well.
I can't decide between Umbreon or Reuniclus. If i choose the latter I can have 1 of each generation.

I have some other questions though

1. Do you know where to get the TMs for thunderbolt and energy ball?
2. Do you get any of the above late in the game?
3. Any recommendations, since I don't have my copy of X yet?
4. Thinking of a houndoom, gogoat, furfrow, vivillion, and aegislash as well. How are they?

I think I finally can create my ideal wonder pokemon team! Well maybe, don't know when you get some of these pokemon.

-Lapras
-Ampharos
-Altaria or maybe Flygon
-Gallade
-Reuniclus or Umbreon
-Florgess

This way I'll maybe have a team of a pokemon from each generation, which I've been wanting for years. Lapras is my all-time favorite, so I have to have her. Loved Gardevoir in Sapphire, but always wanted to try out a gallade. Love Altaria too, but Flygon is cool as well.
I can't decide between Umbreon or Reuniclus. If i choose the latter I can have 1 of each generation.

I have some other questions though

1. Do you know where to get the TMs for thunderbolt and energy ball?
2. Do you get any of the above late in the game?
3. Any recommendations, since I don't have my copy of X yet?
4. Thinking of a houndoom, gogoat, furfrow, vivillion, and aegislash as well. How are they?

lapras you get rather early the others i dont know about as i didnt use them. I just finished the elite four and my lapras just cleaned the champion right out!

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
K here goes:

Arianna(Female Delphox) Lvl 73
Spencer(Male Sylveon) Lvl 60
Dusk (Yveltal) lvl 65 any suggestions on a good flying type, I want something that will complement my team well :D (fyi I dislike using legendaries, yveltal's cool and all but meh.)
Luna (Female Furfrou) Lvl 71 How do you unlock more trims? I have the 3 basic, and then the pharaoh/kabuki/(forgot this ones name) unlocked. But I really want dandy trim :3
Angelica (Female Goodra) Lvl 69
Arthur (Male Aegislash) Lvl 70

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Currently at the last gym (haven't used the Exp. Share and not grinding though) but my team is:

Talonflame Lv57
No item

Flame Charge
Fly
Acrobatics
Aerial Ace

Sliggoo Lv58
Lucky Egg (takes forever to level up otherwise)

Rain Dance
Muddy Water
Dragon Pulse
Body Slam

Roserade Lv57
Big Root

Venoshock
Giga Drain
Toxic Spikes
Cut

Blaziken Lv58
Blazikenite

Brick Break
Strength
Brave Bird
Blaze Kick

Aegislash Lv57
Quick Claw

Shadow Claw
Iron Head
Sacred Sword
Night Slash

Greninja Lv61
Miracle Water

Night Slash
Extrasensory
Surf
Hydro Pump

Bear in mind I'll remove HMs and finalize movesets at the Pokemon League.

Odin VI

having such a tough time trying to choose a team.... all i know is i want my team to be built around Aegislash, Dragalge & Sylveon..

any ideas of what i should be looking to get next just to point me in the right direction?

Ninfia-Fan

Hey. I'm almost up to battling Grant, my team is something like this, give or take a few levels after training. (Will be edited after Grant's defeat.)

Amaura, Female, level 22
Moves: Icy Wind, Take Down, Mist, Aurora Beam

Honedge, Female, level 19
Moves: Tackle, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter, Pursuit

Vivillon, Male, level 21
Moves: Tackle, Struggle Bug, Stun Spore, Psybeam

Braixen, Female, level 23
Scratch, Flame Charge, Ember, Psybeam

Floette, Female, level 19.
Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind, Razor Leaf.

Absol, Female, level 15 (to be trained)
Feint, Leer, Quick Attack, Pursuit.

I'm considering replacing Floette with another pokemon because it has such bad defense. And poor attack/sp. Attack.

Last edited:

GirlsILikeThem

For Korrina's gym, my team is:

Amaura Level 38 (hits Mianfoo with Avalanche but usually gets taken out by Hawlucha's Power-Up Punch. I've battled Korrina several times already and it seems that Amaura is best used as starting POkemon)

Zangoose LV 28 (can lower Hawlucha's defense with Crush Claw. )

Miltank LV 29 Amazing with Zen Headbutt. She can also heal herself with Milk Drink, and Body Slam might caught paralysis. She's easily the star of the team against Korrina, just as Illumise was the star against the team I used versus Grant, though Amaura served his purposes in both Gyms. Amaura will be Perma's Pc'd after this gym though, given that the Steel user is in the Elite Four.)

Houndoom LV 29 (fhoping to inflict burns before she faints. I try to run only female Pokemon if possible, unless the POkemon has a mustache or is named Mr. Mime, though I'm not sure I'll be using either of those. Amaura is male but that's just because it's not possible to select the gender of your fossil Pokemon).

Roggenrolla (Sturdy allows me to switch her in and heal a Pokemon with a Super or Hyper Potion for more intense fighting.) She's holdin g an Everstone and I don't want to take it from her.

Azurill Lv 25 (She can use Charm is it lands. Usually I would ot allow such a Pokemon, because her Fairy typing prevents her from taking Super-Effective damage from Fighting-type moves. However, she is a baby and I will need a team of Fairies to go against the Elite Four, so I will want her to evolve into Marill at some point. Of course, once she's a Marill she will be ineligible for use in Korrina's gym, since as that point she will not have a type that is weak to Fighting, and in fact will resist Fighting-type moves then.)

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
My current Y team, 6 gyms in:

Gardevoir
Garchomp
Chesnaught
Dragalge
Charizard
Blaziken

Judge away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.