• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
I won't get the game until this weekend, mayhaps. My intended team reside within my signature.

It appears that Froakie and Fletchling are the mons I will have for a while, or do the others appear earlier in the game? If not, Greninja and Talonflame will form the dynamic due of fire and water, flying and dark for a while unless I get my friend to give me a Trenevant pre-evo, Skrelp, and Honedge not long after I start off ;P

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Tee

Ice Pokemon Fan
I have 5 badges as of now and my current team is...

Delphox
Hawlucha
Shelgon
Lapras
Lucario

I have an extra space for now. Currently looking for a 6th member.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Chesnaught
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm
- Spiky Shield
- Dragon Claw

Aegislash
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Charizard
- Flare Blitz
- Fly
- Shadow Claw
- Dragon Claw

Malamar
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Hypnosis
- Superpower

Gardevoir
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Ice

Kingdra
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

Any advice on what I can improve?

D!3g0

I need some help!

Greninja lvl 74
-Surf
-Extrassensory
-Night Slash
- ???

Pyroar lvl 74
-Incinerate
-Hyper Voice
-Work Up
- ???

Talonflame lvl 74
-Fly
-Steel Wing
-Flame Charge
-Agility

Florges lvl 75
-Moonblast
-Petal Blizzard
-Facade
-Lucky Chant

*I didn't change Petal Blizzard over Petal Dance as I'm not really into my pokemon getting confused after using it.

Dragalge lvl 74
-Waterfall
-Thunderbolt
-Sludge Bomb
-Draco Meteor

Aurorus lvl 74
Hail
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Ancient Power

My team Is pretty much special based with the exeption of Talonflame.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I need some help!

Greninja lvl 74
-Surf
-Extrassensory
-Night Slash
- ???

Pyroar lvl 74
-Incinerate
-Hyper Voice
-Work Up
- ???

Talonflame lvl 74
-Fly
-Steel Wing
-Flame Charge
-Agility

Florges lvl 75
-Moonblast
-Petal Blizzard
-Facade
-Lucky Chant

*I didn't change Petal Blizzard over Petal Dance as I'm not really into my pokemon getting confused after using it.

Dragalge lvl 74
-Waterfall
-Thunderbolt
-Sludge Bomb
-Draco Meteor

Aurorus lvl 74
Hail
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Ancient Power

My team Is pretty much special based with the exeption of Talonflame.

Two things I'll mention.

First, Aurorus has an ability of Snow Warning when it is swapped by Ability Change item confirmed by Serebii. In that case, %100 accuracy of Blizzard would deal a huge damage and I'd recommend you to remove Hail.

Second, Talonflame can learn Brave Bird and Flare Blitz from move relearner. In that case, add Flare Blitz and Brave Bird and remove Flame Charge and Agility. Talonflame's a pretty fast pokemon. It doesn't need a move such like Agility.

carnevore

while I'm unable to obtain the game, I'm still hung up over the fact that 2 of my favourite pokemon aren't in the Kalos dex...

BtmnPenguin2

I need some assistance.

As a grass lover, my team is going to be filled with them. Most are dual types, which helps in some way. My main three are:

Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
Trevenant (Grass/Ghost)
Venusaur (Grass/Poison)

I'm also fond of

Gogoat (Grass) - He can be bumped out if necessary (which it seems it will be).

My assistance comes here. I want to put Inkay/Malamar on my team to cover Psychic and Dark, but I'm unsure of his move set. I mainly want to be able to have at least 1 type of water move. My assumption would be that a squid qould learn water type moves, but I'm not sure if he does. Anyone know the details of Inkay/Malamar's moves and if it's a smart idea to have him on my team?

I might use Lapras to cover the water and also have ice, but if I was able to kill 3 birds with 1 stone, I'd rather go with Malamar.

My final 2 slots are also up for discussion if anyone has suggestions.

GeoFerocious

Super Effective
Don't really know if my team is shaping up well. Any opinions are welcome! Going to swap Blastoise for Clauncher (to test him) once he is found. Maybe add Ninjask and/or Manetric as reserves.

Chesnaught (Overgrow) - level 41
Spiky Shield
Seed Bomb
Leech Seed
Rollout

Meowstic (Keen Eye) - Level 39
Extrasensory
Charge Beam
Shadow Ball
Disarming Voice

Tyrantrum (Strong Jaws) - Level 39
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Rock Smash
Stealth Rock

Pangoro (Iron Fist) - Level 38
Karate Chop
Vital Throw
Aerial Ace
Work Up

Blastoise (Torrent) - Level 38
Water Pulse
Strength
Rapid Spin
Protect

Litleo (Rivalry) - Level 25
Ember
Noble Roar
Two other moves I can't remember

Rhonder

I have some other questions though

1. Do you know where to get the TMs for thunderbolt and energy ball?
2. Do you get any of the above late in the game?
3. Any recommendations, since I don't have my copy of X yet?
4. Thinking of a houndoom, gogoat, furfrow, vivillion, and aegislash as well. How are they?

Energy ball, no clue, Thunderbolt 5th gym prize.
not sure
Vivillon and Furfrou are awesome 8D
As I said, despite furfrou not having an evolution, and vivillon being an early butterfly pokemon, they're both holding up extremely well, at least on my team. I've been suing them since the first routes you can get them, and they're still on my team, not only pulling their weight, but also some of my best pokemon xD

Now for my team, just after badge 5:

Chesnaught Lv 43
Blaziken (w mega stone) Lv 45
Furfrou Lv 41
Vivillon Lv 40
and 2 rotatable spots filled usually by Amaura, Skiddo, Honedge, and Crobat. Amaura and Crobat are more useful at this point though than Skiddo and Honedge.

Sillybeans

Guys i need some help. According to smogen

#697 - Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Base 95/125/120/80/60/75

I currently have a max Atk EV'd one and was in midle of doing speed but his speed is extremely low and I'm not sure if EV's will help. Basically should I change the Nature to Jolly or keep adamant?

New to competetive pokes but he seems like a decent Stealth rocker aswell

Moves
Crunch/Rock Polish
Dragon Claw
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge/Head Smash/Earthquake

Last edited:

Aurath8

Guys i need some help. According to smogen

#697 - Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Base 95/125/120/80/60/75

I currently have a max Atk EV'd one and was in midle of doing speed but his speed is extremely low and I'm not sure if EV's will help. Basically should I change the Nature to Jolly or keep adamant?

Because of Tyrantrum's high Defence, I wouldn't worry too much about not having enough speed. Still, keep Super Training in speed.

Sillybeans

Because of Tyrantrum's high Defence, I wouldn't worry too much about not having enough speed. Still, keep Super Training in speed.

How about abilitys? feels like a waste to not use Crunch. it could go:

Rock Polish
Stone Edge (STAB)
Dragon Tail (STAB force Switch)
Stealth Rocks (or replace crunch... but then theres no reason to use him over tranitar)

Rock polish and a force switch with some hazards (Spikes beforehand?) then setup rock polish on a good switch is where I'm aiming. My other partner is crime might be Mega Vensuaur with Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Roar and Sluge Wave (hello fairys).

Sillybeans

Any1 know agood entry hazar poke from gen 6?

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
So I’m about to face the electric gym and I realized that I have no ground type Pokemon and known of my Pokemon know any decent ground type moves. I’ve got Greninja, Raichu, Lucario, and Charizard. Lucario knows Bone Rush, but it’s pretty weak if you don’t hit 4 or 5 times. My kingdom for an Earthquake TM. Any suggestions? I do need two more Pokemon for my team after all. I was thinking of having a fairy type on my team, but I haven’t seen any that I really like…so far, unless I missed them.

AquaPikachu

This is the team i used to beat the Elite Four and Champion

Tyranturm
Heliolisk
Delphox
Pangoro
Aegislash
Slyveon

Is it any good?

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Hey guys, so I just beat the 6th gym. Right now my team is

Azumarill
Delphox
Tyrantrum
Pangoro
Lucario w/ Mega Stone
Ducklett- HM buddy for Fly and Surf

I'm pretty sure I am gonna keep Tyrantrum, Azumarill and Delphox. They are all awesome. I really like Lucario and Pangoro but two fighting types is redundant. Also Ducklett obviously is not permanent.
Anyone know a good pokemon for surf and fly that won't give me a repeat type? Everything I can think of is a dragon. I'd rather not have two dragons or drop Tyrantrum. I was thinking about Dragalgae, but again thats the two dragons problem. Same goes for Noivern. I could probably give Azumarill surf, but she is wrecking faces with physical attacks and I'd rather her stick with Aqua Tail/ Waterfall.

Also I need a decent Mega as I'm not too crazy about Lucario's. I was thinking about Scizor, but I dunno where Scyther is. I picked Charizard for my kanto starter but I don't really want to use two fire types.

Any suggestions? TL;DR. I want a pokemon to replace Ducklet for Surf and Fly. I also want a better mega pokemon than Lucario. I don't mind dropping Pangoro, Lucario and Ducklett but everyone else has to stay. I don't want repeated types if possible.
Thanks for the help.

Eh so I thought about it on my own and I'm replacing Lucario and Ducklett with Aerodactyl with a Mega Stone and Heliolisk for now.
My main question is when to evolve Helioptile? Does anyone know if he learns anything good at high levels? I tried to get the guide today but it isn't out until tomorrow the earliest and Serebii's dex is still compiling data.

Hilary

Hey there! I'm completely new on the forums but I've played pokemon since gen 1 and I'm reaaaalllllyyy excited for gen 6.

Haven't got my copy of X yet but this is what I'm thinking for my team:

(Mega) Charizard X
(Mega) Gengar
Heliolisk
Pangoro
Dragalge
HM Slave

I love both pandas & leafy sea dragons so I'm excited to see that they look pretty good ingame.
Do you guys know how hard it would be to get a Skrelp with a specific nature in X? I've never done any trading before so I don't really have a sense of how rare/difficult things are to get.. haha

Last edited:

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
I just beat the 7th Gym and i'm currently at Lysandre Labs. I have to be honest, they made it EXTREMELY obvious that he was the Team Flare leader, just look at that hair!

Anyway, this is the team so far:

Sliggoo lv. 46
Helioptile lv. 47
Pangoro lv. 48
Talonflame lv. 50
Blastoise lv. 52
Chesnaught lv. 52

BTW, this isn't exactly relevant, but where do you find those images of the X/Y Pokémon that look like they're straight from the game? And how do you put them in your signature?

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
About to take on the League (bear in mind, no grinding or Exp Shares are being used), final team:

Aegislash Lv64
Quick Claw

Shadow Claw
Iron Head
Sacred Sword
King's Shield

Roserade Lv64
Black Sludge

Sludge Bomb
Dazzling Gleam
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball