• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
Which Psychic type do you think would be better to go with Espurr or Solosis? I'm having trouble deciding on the two. And is Honedge any good? I think it's a pretty cool Pokemon, but not sure how useful it'll be. I'm not sure how much I need a ghost type on my team and as for Steel, Lucario's kinda got that covered.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I have beaten the Pokemon League. My team?
Greninja
Charizard
Gogoat
Heliolisk
Lucario
Gengar

I'm thinking of restarting, but I don't know what my team should be. I don't know about my starter either. Fennekin and Chespin are cool, but Froakie is awesome. But I already used him. Can someone tell me what the best starter is stat wise? Kind of how Samurott was the best in Unova.

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
Which is considered better: Trevenant or Gourgeist? I want to fit one on my team , but dont know their dufferences

jazzyjeff

So with the drop of X and Y i decided to get back into pokemon. Haven't played since yellow so safe to say its been a long time. Was looking to see if i could get some help with a post game team for online battles and such. I don't mind going out and catching anything new and grinding it up. just looking for a solid team because like i said i haven't played a pokemon game in over 10 years feeling kind of lost in these new gens. Current team used to beat Ellie four.

Mr Mime-50
psywave
psybeam
psychic
refelct

Aegislash-63
sacred sword
iron head
false swipe- just to go back and catch low lvls
Kings Sheild

Venusaur-68
sleep
petal blizz
vineship
solar beam

Greninja-73
water pulse
waterfall
surf
hydro pump

blaziken-74
sky uppercut
rocksmash
blaze kick
ember

Xerneas-61
horn leech
geomancy
moonblast
megahorn

Also have a 64 gengar i took out just didn't seem like i did any damage with him. Thanks in advance for all tips and help.

Bluemage21

So with the drop of X and Y i decided to get back into pokemon. Haven't played since yellow so safe to say its been a long time. Was looking to see if i could get some help with a post game team for online battles and such. I don't mind going out and catching anything new and grinding it up. just looking for a solid team because like i said i haven't played a pokemon game in over 10 years feeling kind of lost in these new gens. Current team used to beat Ellie four.

Mr Mime-50
psywave
psybeam
psychic
refelct

Aegislash-63
sacred sword
iron head
Kings Sheild

Venusaur-68
sleep
petal blizz
vineship
solar beam

Greninja-73
water pulse
waterfall
surf
hydro pump

blaziken-74
sky uppercut
rocksmash
blaze kick
ember

Xerneas-61
horn leech
geomancy
moonblast
megahorn

Also have a 64 gengar i took out just didn't seem like i did any damage with him. Thanks in advance for all tips and help.

Do you know about evs, ivs, natures, etc? if not go to Smogon and look at their articles.

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina

Mr Mime-50
psywave
psybeam
psychic
refelct

Aegislash-63
sacred sword
iron head
Kings Sheild

Venusaur-68
sleep
petal blizz
vineship
solar beam

Greninja-73
water pulse
waterfall
surf
hydro pump

blaziken-74
sky uppercut
rocksmash
blaze kick
ember

Xerneas-61
horn leech
geomancy
moonblast
megahorn

You need to give your pokemon moves of different types. All water moves on Greninjq is pretty bac. I didnt choose him, so i have no suggestions. Blaziken needs to lose ember.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I just took on Clemont and my team is currently:
Chesnaught
Blastoise
Talonflame
Doublade
Krookodile
Tyrantrum

After I finish this playthrough I'm gonna Nuzlocke it with my bros Froakie and Charmander

Codyksp

I just beat the Elite Four and my current team is as follows:

Heliolisk Lv.57
Hardy - Dry Skin - Magnet

Surf
Thunderbolt
Electrify
Bulldoze

Malamar Lv.62
Bashful - Suction Cups - Twisted Spoon

Superpower
Night Slash
Light Screen
Psycho Cut

Goodra Lv.67
Brave - Sap Sipper - Dragon Fang

Outrage
Aqua Tail
Ice Beam
Flamethrower

Florges Lv.69
Lonely - Flower Veil - Miracle Seed

Calm Mind
Energy Ball
Moonblast
Wish

Dragalge Lv.69
Serious - Poison Touch - Poison Barb

Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse
Surf

Aegislash Lv.73
Serious - Stance Change - Quick Claw

Iron Head
Swords Dance
Shadow Claw
Sacred Sword

Does anyone have any suggestions for my abilities, items or even the pokémon themselves? (IVs and Nature's are not important for me right now).

I am kind of unhappy with Heliolisk and Malamar, they seem to perform badly. However I only want to use Kalos pokémon and ofc no legendaries. I also have a Talonflame (Lv.59) and Noibat (Lv.58) but I'm not sure about them (3 dragon types is a lot).

Also my last question is that I've never used EVs and I want to know how to choose which one to max for each pokémon, I have some reset bags in super training so that I can start over.

All help is appreciated.

AoJones

Hello new here, wondering if I could get some opinions on my future team. Not sure what roles or IVS to shoot for so opinions on that would be great.
Here it is (note golurk is posted twice bc not sure to keep it or not):
Golurk (stealth rock/physical sweeper) or Carbink (stealth rock/ rapid spin if possible. This is to help with ice pokes) or Dragalge (two of these pokemon need to be chosen)
Dedenne (lead)
Kelfkie (status or special sweeper)
Noivern (physical sweeper?)
Goodra
so any help would be great! thanks!

rng

60+ eggs and I still can't get a Timid staryu. ;120;

Status
Not open for further replies.