• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTrainerPaul

Unova Champion
A grass pokemon, or at least a pokemon with a grass attack

Kalos seems to be lacking any Grass type that interests me for my team... which one would you recommened? Gogoat?

http://i43.*******.com/2ntwshw.jpg
The team I beat the champion with. (Around level 50-60 without EXP share)

Sillybeans

Not Sure if im unlucky or lucky... got bulba with 27 HP IV, 29 Satk IV, 31SDef IV then 2... yes 2 Speed IV. Building him Modest as mega venusaur, loss of black sludge an chlorophyll is a little harsh but the crazy base stat raise of def to 123 and Sdef to 120 with 100 base speed and think fat going for a bulky atker.

Modest - EVs;
252Satk
128HP
128Spd

Currently lv 75.

Kalos seems to be lacking any Grass type that interests me for my team... which one would you recommened? Gogoat?

Im currently using a gogoat atm skiddos a little bit tricky to train but so far gogoat is doing pretty good pretty good HP and Attack and average defences sort of like a grass type emboar but little bit bulkier and with a decent movepool such as (currently at lv 39) seed bomb, horn leech (has not learned yet but it was confirmed when he was first announced), buldoze (via TM), leech seed and bulkup.

doe anyone know a good place to train to lcurrently just got the 5th badge and wanting to train an mareep and aerodactyl
thanks

Haven't posted in awhile but I've had both versions since release. My main is X. My niece is playing my Y until I decide to do my save on it.

This is my team on X as of now. I have all 8 badges but havent went to the pokemon league yet.

Rokujo (Greninja) [M] Lv. 73
Chomper (Tyrantrum) [M] Lv. 72
Kumohira (Charizard) [M] Lv. 72
Robin (Talonflame) [M] Lv. 70
Heliolisk (Heliolisk) [F] Lv. 74
Morgif (Aegislash) [M] Lv. 74

When I do my save on Y, I'll be choosing Chespin and Squirtle.

I desperately need a water pokemon I was thinking skrelp but how is it? it has really low speed right? and I was wondering if it's more attack or special attack?

Finally have my Modest Squirtle with Aura Sphere, Water Pulse and Dragon Pulse.

Super Training Sp.Atk right now. Still have not chosen what other EV to do.

Ashrynn

Finally have my Modest Squirtle with Aura Sphere, Water Pulse and Dragon Pulse.

Super Training Sp.Atk right now. Still have not chosen what other EV to do.

Did you breed with the Shrimpy?

For a solid Grass type I'm actually going to recommend Gogoat. At first I thought it was a gimmicky pokemon, but it's pretty strong and durable.

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
I have Floette, and it evolves into Florges, which is Fairy/Grass. I like the designs, albeit girly, but I also wanted to work with a Fairy.
It's recommendable, its movepool is total crap until the high levels. Stuck with Fairy Wind until around 45 and your best Grass move is a Physical one, where the line is Special.
Gogoat has good stats for a bulky attacker, though.

Anyway, my EV's for Venusaur (who will also be my Mega) are fairly balanced (with a bit of emphasis on Special Attack and Speed; Modest natured), is that a good idea or should I use a Reset Bag and start over?

Andy2134

Dark & Fire Trainer
I'm currently deciding between using either one of these lucarios and I can't decide. I want tere to be more physical moves and have good speed.

Lucario #1 - Has some EVs in attack
Level 29
Nature - Bold
HP - 92
Attack - 72
Defense - 55
Sp. Att - 83
Sp. Def - 56
Speed - 64

Lucario #2 - No EVs yet
Level 29
Nature - Lonely
HP - 80
Attack - 81
Defense - 49
Sp. Att - 78
Sp. Def - 50
Speed - 59

Which one should I use? all my pokemon are level 29 atm

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
taking on the dragon elite four member with sylveon, chesnaught, noiver, blastoise, aegislash and tyrantrum.
if anyones looking for a strong attacker i recomend go with aegislash as although it is low defence in attack form all you need to do is use swords dance one or two times in defence form, if its slow then you can use it to attack after the opponent you should be able to take nearly anything out.

Blazios

taking on the dragon elite four member with sylveon, chesnaught, noiver, blastoise, aegislash and tyrantrum.
if anyones looking for a strong attacker i recomend go with aegislash as although it is low defence in attack form all you need to do is use swords dance one or two times in defence form, if its slow then you can use it to attack after the opponent you should be able to take nearly anything out.

If you're using Aegislash, King's Shield is a really good move it can learn from the move relearner which puts it back in Shield Forme, protects it for a turn, halves the attack of anything that makes contact with it and has priority.

Did you breed with the Shrimpy?

Yup, caught a Male Clawitzer and Heart Scaled Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere onto it before breeding it with my Squirtle.

Now, after an entire day of breeding, I finally have my Modest Squirtle with all three pulses.

Now, if only I could choose between HP (which has a pretty low Base) or Def/Sp.Def/a combination of both. Then I'm set.

Anyone? Please, I've been dying for some advice.

storm12

Weather Bearer
you know, after looking at it and looking at it I don't 'get' Diggersby... like, it's got shovel ears: cool... but did it have to be so frumpy and creepy? I don't really understand what they were going for? It has a cool type and all, but who would want to use it?

I am still wondering what it's like to use 3 starters at once :S

It is?!
Holy hell, that's dumb. It's a flower that learns Grass moves. -.-

If this is Florgws you're talking about , Is it maybe that is a 'Fairy to the Flowers' rather than an actual Flower Fairy? Like, it's body eventually bonds with the plant it protected, but it still remaims a Fairy and not becoming an atual plant? Also it looks like a mermaid too strangely? But like a land/flower/mermaid??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.