• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Florges is actually an extrenely powerful little thing. Though I evolved mine before she learned Petal Dance. Petal Blizzard is quite good though.
But Yeah, she's a pure Fairy-Type who learn more Grass-Type than Fairy-Type moves. I had Fairy Wind until lv. 40-something!

Also, I have a Doublade that I really want to evolve, because oh my God, it is insainly strong! But I do not have any Clue where the Dusk Stone is?
And if this is the wrong Place to ask this, please re-Direct me somewhere else.

And also: Anyone else using Meowstic? I had my doubts when trying him out at first, but now he's probably one of my best Pokè's

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
you know, after looking at it and looking at it I don't 'get' Diggersby... like, it's got shovel ears: cool... but did it have to be so frumpy and creepy? I don't really understand what they were going for? It has a cool type and all, but who would want to use it?

I am still wondering what it's like to use 3 starters at once :S

If this is Florgws you're talking about , Is it maybe that is a 'Fairy to the Flowers' rather than an actual Flower Fairy? Like, it's body eventually bonds with the plant it protected, but it still remaims a Fairy and not becoming an atual plant? Also it looks like a mermaid too strangely? But like a land/flower/mermaid??
I guess I can understand that.
It just comes off as a Grass-type way too easily. xD

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
Quick question: Which ability is better for Goomy/Goodra? Sap Sipper or Hydration?

My Meowstic quickly became one of the integral pokemon of my team ^-^

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Maybe you guys can help me out with my team. I feel like something should be replaced but not quite sure what yet. I feel like Roselia should be replaced with something.

Delphox level 53
Florges level 50
Blastoise level 48
Tyrantrum level 40
Heliolisk level 44
Roselia level 49

Andy2134

Dark & Fire Trainer
Lucario #1 - Has some EVs in attack
Level 29
Nature - Bold
HP - 92
Attack - 72
Defense - 55
Sp. Att - 83
Sp. Def - 56
Speed - 64

Lucario #2 - No EVs yet
Level 29
Nature - Lonely
HP - 80
Attack - 81
Defense - 49
Sp. Att - 78
Sp. Def - 50
Speed - 59

Which one should I use? all my pokemon are level 29 atm

I only posted this again cause it looked like no one saw it and I really need the help.

calibek

My current team consists of:

Frogedier
Combusken
Ivysaur
Ralts
Honedge
Amaura

Switch-ins will be:

Heliolisk
Gabite
Yanma or Vivvilion

This will give me every single type in the game. I like dual types the best though they have their problems (Amaura 4X weakness to fighting/steel). Regardless Amaura is really strong Special Attack wise even with just Aurora Beam as it's STAB so far, Honedge is really strong as well as Combusken and Frogedier (who also look awesome in 3D). The last 3 are switch-ins with Amaura. Ralts is really hard to train but I am really hoping Gardevoir will be worth the pain in the end.

deequake

My current team so far with max EVs, right after 4th gym:

greninja: water/dark - SP Attk, Speed
charizard x: fire/flying/dragon - Attack, Speed
doublade: ghost/steel - Attack, Defense
auroros: rock/ice - HP, Sp Def
gardevoir: psychic/fairy - Sp Att, Sp Def

Now, I'm currently looking for a pokemon that can be a defender to have a max HP, Defense EVs. Any suggestion guys? Preferably a double typed pokemon.Also, I am thinking to replace gardevoir for other pokemon with high sp attk and sp def.

Philosophix

I'm so philosophical
Team-Pokemon Y
Talonflame Lv68
Roserade Lv65
Malamar LV66
Greninja Lv69
Aegislash Lv64
Avalugg Lv63

Even with Roserade, Siebold of the elite four was kinda hard for me. his gyarados messed me over so many times with the dragon dancebut then i realised that avalugg is just a defensve beast so after that it was easy :) i should have got helioptile XD(or something electric)

ECM

So far, 5 badges

Venusaur lv. 44
Pikachu lv.44
Tyrantrum Lv.44
Mr. Mime lv.44
Greninja lv.45
Blaziken lv.49

I want to evolve Pikachu, but I'm afraid I'll miss out on good moves. Does anybody know if Pikachu learns Body Slam by level up in this game? If so, what level?

Akiro

I caught a shiny, Mantyke in Pokemon Y, I was so happy because it was the first Shiny I ever encountered, and I have played almost every Pokemon game. Jesus I love Pokemon X and Y. > w <

Sillybeans

Gengar>Gardevoir

Hoho someone hasn't checked the weakness charts for psychic/fairy 2 weaknesses 2 resists and 1 immunity. She's a sweeper but she can also take a quite well.

Bazza17

Hey folks, I picked up an adamant banette, but I'm not sure what EV spread to do yet. I haven't seen Mega Banette's base stats, was wondering if anybody could shed some light on this!

Cheers :)

bigbro223

For my Y team (post-game), I have:
Lv. 85 Blaziken (Mega)
Lv. 71 Zygarde
Lv. 71 Mewtwo (Mega)
Lv. 66 Yveltal
Lv. 65 Greninja
Lv. 64 Lucario (Mega)

X:
Lv. 25 Combusken
Lv. 23 Quilladin
Lv. 22 Wartortle
Lv. 20 Tyrunt
Lv. 17 Pikachu
Lv. 16 Ralts

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
This is my team so far in my Y. I have all 8 badges but haven't took on the Pokemon League yet.

Lucius (Delphox) [m] lv. 71
Severus (Charizard) [m] lv. 71
Tytania (Pidgeot) [f] lv. 71
Carnataur (Tyrantrum) [m] lv. 72
Wraith (Dragalge) [f] lv. 71
Mugen (Aegislash) [m] lv. 71

Though I need help for a moveset for my Charizard. It's not very good at the moment in my opinion.

Charizard/Severus [m] lv. 71
Timid nature
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [ghost]
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Any suggestions for any other special based moves I could give it?

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm really having troubles with a moveset for my Talonflame...
- I would like to have a Fire type move; Flare Blitz seems too powerful (and recoils) for a little hit while Flame Charge isn't the most powerful thing in the world, though I like the Speed boost. What should I take ? Are there any other Fire type moves it can learn (if we discount Ember) ?
- I would like one or two Flying type moves; I must take Fly, since Talonflame is my flying Pokémon, but I also really like Brave Bird, Acrobatics and Aerial Ace. Brave Bird is nice, again recoil is in the game.
- If possible, a good move that isn't Flying or Fire. Steel Wing looks good, but is there anything else interesting it can learn ?

This isn't for competitive purposes. Only for in-game.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
For those of you that use Aurorus, is it a good pokemon to have?

Or do you regret it and want to use Tyrantrum instead?

JFD

Kathigitarkh
I typically compile a team of my favourite pokemon from the newest gen + Murkrow/Honchkrow (my favourite overall); often regardless of viability for (competitive) battle. At the moment, where I have just beaten the seventh gym, my team consists of:

1. Delphox - working on Max Speed and Sp. Attack
2. Snorlax - Max HP and a mix of Defense and Special Defense
3. Heliolisk - Max Speed and Sp. Attack
4. Flygon
5. Dragalge - working on Max Sp. Def but I'm not sure what else (any suggestions?)
6. Honchkrow - Max Speed and Attack

Half of this team this time round is made up of comparatively older pokemon, but that's mostly because my favourite pokemon of this gen have conflicting types (Noivern and Malimar, for instance) and will be reserved for my second play-through on the alternate version.

To be honest, I adore Heliolisk and it has found a place amongst my top six; it's so surprisingly powerful, from my experience. Dragalge, on the other hand, is tentatively amongst my top six - I love it's design and typing (Poison being my favourite type overall), but does anyone else feel like the stats are a bit of a let down (other than Special Defense)? Perhaps I just didn't find a Skrelp with a very good nature.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.