• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImpendingChaos

Just beat Viola to earn my first Gym Badge. The only member of my team is:

Fennekin (F)
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Ember
- Howl

Moves obviously suck right now, but almost at level 18 to earn Psybeam!

Charizard , Lucario , Lapras , Florges , Garchomp , Gengar

Aquarelle

Staff member
This is the team I ended up using on X:

Greninja: my starter Pokemon, chosen because it's my favourite of the Kalos starters' final evolutions design wise and I plan to use the starter with my favourite first form (Fennekin) on Y. I also always have a Water type on my team.

Raichu: I was not planning on using this at all to be honest. I caught a Pikachu early game with the intention that it was just going to be a filler for a different Pokemon later. However, it ended up being so useful for me in the first Gym that I decided to keep it. It's been very helpful.

Charizard: I went with this Kanto starter because I figured it would be useful for countering Grass types. Mine has a mega stone, so I have used Mega Charizard X quite a lot. Using a mega was something I really wanted to try out.

Gogoat: a Pokemon that I've liked ever since it was revealed, though I wasn't sure if I was going to use it at first. I'm glad I went with this Pomemon, since it learned some very helpful moves.

Pangoro: I wanted to try this one ever since Pancham was revealed. Its Speed and major Fairy weakness were problematic at times, but it could hit many Pokemon hard.

Hawlucha: I mainly went with this because I needed a sixth Pikemon, and I had just caught this after a tough battle. It was a little difficult to train at first since it was quite under levelled compared to my other Pokemon, but in the end it was probably my best Pokemon. Hone Claws + High Jump Kick was beastly.

I am currently constructing a Y team, and have begun breeding for some Pokemon.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I'm currently working on a shiny ingame team, based on Red's pokémon.

This is my list of team I want before pokébank comes out:

- Charizard (Already obtained) - Friend Safari
- Blastoise (Already obtained) - Friend Safari
- Venusaur (Currently Hunting) - Friend Safari
- Lapras (Pending) - Friend Safari
- Snorlax (Pending) - Soft reset
- Raichu (Pending) - Masuda Method

I want them all EV trained, my biggest hunt shold be Snorlax with soft reset.

Puma Italia

It's always fun when you get an unexpected Pokemon in your ingame team. I wasn't expecting to use Gogoat, but I found a Skiddo early in the game, caught it, and he ended up being a major help.

Just cleared the second gym… I turned off the Exp. Share a long time ago because I felt I was progressing way too fast, especially when I had to train up my new team members to catch up with everyone else. :-\ Super Training and Pokémon-Amie take a lot of time, too…

Hawlucha ♀ (Ravinok)
Lv. 26/Adamant/Limber
Cut/Swords Dance/Aerial Ace/Rock Smash

Sandile ♂ (Botany Bay)
Lv. 29/Quirky/Moxie
Bulldoze/Torment/Crunch/Mud-Slap

Gyarados ♀ (Destiny)
Lv. 29/Hardy/Intimidate
Bite/Bulldoze/Rock Smash/Strength

Fennekin ♂ (Corel)
Lv. 29/Timid/Blaze
Howl/Ember/Flame Charge/Psybeam

Helioptile ♂ (Binghamton)
Lv. 29/Modest/Dry Skin
Thunder Shock/Charge/Parabolic Charge/Mud-Slap

Honedge ♂ (Gallitep)
Lv. 32/Adamant/No Guard
Cut/Swords Dance/Fury Cutter/Shadow Claw

Hawlucha/Ravinok is the latest addition, still needs leveled to catch the others. Honedge/Gallitep was my False Swipe-user, so it gained much more EXP because it was used to catch pretty much everything (I catch one of everything I can). Plus, No Guard is handy for cutting the time between encounters, so it needs to be up front when I'm hunting. I'm looking forward to more TM's and the Move Relearner/Deleter so I can get a greater variety on my moves. Right now, I have all the party members I have planned except one; I intend to swap out Sandile for Gible as soon as possible.

Was thinking of making a specially defensive Gyarados for my team. Need something that resists fire and fighting because my physical wall is ferrothorn w/ stealth rock and leech seed.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate / Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
Rest
Rest Talk
Dragon Tail/Earthquake
Waterfall

Thoughts? was trying to see if this would be viable.

hai would be awesome if the awesome people in the cummunity could give me som feedback good or bad for my currently planed team.

My team are as of now:

Aerodactyl(setup)
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
Item: Focus sash
Moveset:
Stealth rocks
Taunt
Stone edge
erathquake

Umbreon (Special wall)
Nature: Careful
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
Moonlight
Toxic
curse
Pay Back

Dragonite(Tank) wanted to go with Weezing but can't find it
Nature: Modest
Ability: Multiscale
Item: Leftover/Life orb
Moveset:
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Thunder wave
Roost

Arcanine(Mixed sweeper)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:
Flare blitz
Extremespeed
Close Combat
Wild Charge

Aegislash(P sweeper)
Nature: Brave
Ability: Stance Change
Item: Rocky helmet or Leftover if i can get more than 1 of them
Moveset:
King's Shield
Sword dance
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak

Alakazam(special Sweeper)
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Inner Focus (don't have anyone to trade with)
Item: Alakazite
Moveset
Focus blast
Psychic
Recover
Hidden Power ice/fire

Let me know what you think and if you have a alakazam/kadabra/abra with Magic guard and you want to trade pm me and we will work it out.

thanks

Last edited:
hai would be awesome if the awesome people in the cummunity could give me som feedback good or bad for my currently planed team.

My team are as of now:

Aerodactyl(setup)
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
Item: Focus sash
Moveset:
Stealth rocks
Taunt
Stone edge
erathquake

Umbreon (Special wall)
Nature: Careful
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
Moonlight
Toxic
curse
Pay Back

Dragonite(Tank) wanted to go with Weezing but can't find it
Nature: Modest
Ability: Multiscale
Item: Leftover/Life orb
Moveset:
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Thunder wave
Roost

Arcanine(Mixed sweeper)
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:
Flare blitz
Extremespeed
Close Combat
Wild Charge

Aegislash(P sweeper)
Ability: Stance Change
Item: Rocky helmet or Leftover if i can get more than 1 of them
Moveset:
King's Shield
Sword dance
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak

Alakazam(special Sweeper)
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Inner Focus (don't have anyone to trade with)
Item: Alakazite
Moveset
Focus blast
Psychic
Recover
Hidden Power ice/fire

Let me know what you think and if you have a alakazam/kadabra/abra with Magic guard and you want to trade pm me and we will work it out.

thanks

you've got 3 pokemon weak to rock. without a spinner to get rid of stealth rock, I can see this hurting you very quickly. unless this isnt for online battling.

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
I want to make an in-game competitive team, however I'm not satisfied with my current one.

I'm going to keep Noivern and Dragalge, but I want to replace everyone else. I'm not sure who to switch out exactly. though I know for sure I want Chesnaught and Vivillon gone.
The thing is, I only want gen 6 Pokemon.

I was thinking of replacing Aurorus with Avalugg, and Sylveon with either Klefki or Carbink. I may take out Vivillon for Aegislash? But if I do that, I don't think Klefki would be a good idea.

I MAY also stick a previous gen mon that has a mega evolution. Though I honestly don't want to use Lucario. I see everyone use that thing lol

Leafseal

Fear the Foliage
I have these pokemon

Chesnaught
Blastoise
Snorlax
Aegislash
Talonflame

I am trying to pick one more mega. Thinking of Scizor but is the fire risk big enough to skip him???

Helium Paperweight

Could anyone help me with some self trading in a bit? I've got a Scyther that I'm taking from my Y game into my X game (when I get it). Also, how do you check your friend code?

D!3g0

Hello!

I would like some help and for you to comment on my team :)

Trevenant

Nature: Mild
Ability: Natural Cure
Lvl: 55
Stats: Hp; 171, Att; 154, Def; 92, SpAtt; 99, SpDef; 115, Sp: 88
Moves:
-Leech Seed
-Will-O-Wisp
-Phantom Force
-Energy Ball: I know Wood Hammer is quite a powerful move but I don't like when my pokemon get recoil out of a move.

Noivern
Nature: Timid
Ability: Frisk
Stats: 177/89/111/142/100/189

*I've been using him as my flyer so until I'm done with this team I don't think I'm getting rid of it.
Moves:
-Air Slash
-Supersonic
-Fly
- I'm doubtful of teaching him Draco Meteor

Meowstic
Ability: Keen Eye
Stats: 166/94/104/105/104/157
Moves:
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
-Disarming Voice
-Psychic

Aromatisse
Nautre: Bashful
Ability: Healer
Stats: 184/105/106/142/113/65
*I accidentally removed Moonblast and until I get all the pokemons that know a Dance move to get a Heart Scale I won't get it back
Moves:
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Calm Mind
-Echoed Voice

Delphox
Ability: Blaze
Stats: 155/110/105/159/125/122
Moves:
-Psychic
-Will-O-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-??? I was thinking about letting him learn Sunny Day, but I wasn't completly sure about it.

Goodra
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Sap Sipper
Stats: 181/129/108/162/196/101
Moves:
-Muddy Water
-Rain Dance
-Dragon Pulse
-Power Whip

I'm also not sure about teaching her Draco Meteor.

So, if you could please elaborate on my team,

Thanks!.

George the Charmander

Flaming Lizard
My team is going to be:
George, Male ;004;
Katie, Female ;158;
Tyler, Male ;252;
Dratini, Male
Eevee (Will be evolved into espeon), Female
Mareep, Male
(Why the nicknames? Because let's just face it, it's more personal when you name 'em)

I wish I could form my team just yet, but sadly no one has either a Treeko or a Totodile.
My plan is to play through the game while I wait it out until Pokémon Bank/Pokétransfer come out, then port over some pure bred pokémon that will serve as my team when I restart my game. I wish I could do it sooner, though. All I would need is a Treeko and Totodile or any evolutions.

Rainpurge

MY current team is Chesnaught, Blastoise, Gardevoir, Tyrantrum and Yanmega. I'm currently looking for a Camerupt to complete the team and have a Binacle in training ready to replace Blastoise.

This is my team for Y at the moment. I'm at Laverre City but havent fought the gym yet.

Taylor/Delphox [F] Lv. 48
Bold Nature
- Return
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower

252 Sp. Attack EV's, but I was a little late at super training her so everything else has EV's. Not the best of natures but I didn't want to soft reset for a better one.

Garchomp [F] Lv. 50
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Tomb
- Dig
- Dragon Claw

Came from Wonder Trade. 252 Attack and Speed EV's with little in HP.

Zombie/Dragalge [M] Lv. 50
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

252 Ev's in Sp. Atk and Speed with little bit in Sp. Def.

Littlefoot/Aurorus [M] Lv. 47
Hardy Nature
- Ancient Power
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Aurora Beam

Didn't really do any super training with him but has the most in Sp. Atk.

I'm thinking of adding Pangoro and Braviary to the team.
I've been trying to catch a good Rufflet in the Friend Safari on X, so far I don't think I got a good one.
For Pangoro I would like to be Adamant, the problem is to catch an Adamant Pancham and train it to the levels of the rest of the team.
I think with these additions to my team I can cover most weaknesses.

Also I know the team is overleveled...

I would like some feedback from you guys and see if my team is good so far and what you guys think of the two additions to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.