• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Team For Pokemon X​

655.png
009-m.png
407.png
700.png
448-m.png
330.png

although I beat the game and is now starting a new team :p

akher07

can anyone give me some advice need pkm for entry hazards and batom pass, dont have a team yet but my favourites are alakazam and azumarill, any good teammates for them?
i also like talonflame and scyzor

Last edited:

ebevan91

What would be a good nature for Slurpuff?

shadowF

Is docile and taking siestas good for ralts? I want a fairy type in my team and I think gardevoir would be good.

chap196

This is my team for Y at the moment. I'm at Laverre City but havent fought the gym yet.

Taylor/Delphox [F] Lv. 48
Bold Nature
- Return
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower

252 Sp. Attack EV's, but I was a little late at super training her so everything else has EV's. Not the best of natures but I didn't want to soft reset for a better one.

Garchomp [F] Lv. 50
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Tomb
- Dig
- Dragon Claw

Came from Wonder Trade. 252 Attack and Speed EV's with little in HP.

Zombie/Dragalge [M] Lv. 50
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

252 Ev's in Sp. Atk and Speed with little bit in Sp. Def.

Littlefoot/Aurorus [M] Lv. 47
Hardy Nature
- Ancient Power
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Aurora Beam

Didn't really do any super training with him but has the most in Sp. Atk.

I'm thinking of adding Pangoro and Braviary to the team.
I've been trying to catch a good Rufflet in the Friend Safari on X, so far I don't think I got a good one.
For Pangoro I would like to be Adamant, the problem is to catch an Adamant Pancham and train it to the levels of the rest of the team.
I think with these additions to my team I can cover most weaknesses.

Also I know the team is overleveled...

I would like some feedback from you guys and see if my team is good so far and what you guys think of the two additions to the team.

For Delphox
Replace Return with Shadow Ball because Delphox has a lot higher Special Attack than Attack and Shadow Ball will cover Ghost. Shadow Ball TM can be found at the Terminous Cave.

For Garchomp
Replace Dig with Earthquake after you reach some levels. Replace Rock Tomb with Rock Slide once you reach Couriway Town and use Surf and Waterfall to find TM Rock Slide. Replace Aerial Ace with Sword Dance to gain attack and a STAB Dragon Claw is as strong as a Super Effective Aerial Ace.

Hope this help

ebevan91

Is docile and taking siestas good for ralts? I want a fairy type in my team and I think gardevoir would be good.

Well, Docile nature has no good or bad so it might be alright.

Navarch

My Final Team is probably going to look like this:

Gallade M Adamant Steadfast
Salamence M Jolly Intimidate
Ursaring M Impish Guts
Raichu F Modest Static
Florges F Calm Sweet Veil
Chandelure F Timid Flame Body

One Pokemon from each region. I'm so happy I can finally do this.

For Delphox
Replace Return with Shadow Ball because Delphox has a lot higher Special Attack than Attack and Shadow Ball will cover Ghost. Shadow Ball TM can be found at the Terminous Cave.

For Garchomp
Replace Dig with Earthquake after you reach some levels. Replace Rock Tomb with Rock Slide once you reach Couriway Town and use Surf and Waterfall to find TM Rock Slide. Replace Aerial Ace with Sword Dance to gain attack and a STAB Dragon Claw is as strong as a Super Effective Aerial Ace.

Hope this help

Thanks. I'll be sure to get the TM's once I get to them. :)

ImpendingChaos

Just spent around an hour or so searching for, and successfully finding, the next member of my team: a Careful-natured Skiddo.

----------

Current Team:

Braixen (F)
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
  • Ember
  • Fire Spin
  • Psybeam
  • Scratch

Skiddo (M)
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense
  • Growth
  • Tackle
  • Vine Whip

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
Current team for Y restart:

Flintlock, Greninja- Level 47
- Surf
- Water Shuriken
- Water Pulse
- Smack Down
Flynn, Talonflame- Level 46
- Flame Charge
- Fly
- Acrobatics
- Roost
Sharptooth, Tyrantrum- Level 46
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Strength
Evangelion, Sliggoo- Level 40
- Dragon Breath
- Muddy Water
- Flail
- Body Slam
Godzilla, Charizard- Level 42
- Flame Burst
- Wing Attack
- Dragon Rage
- Fire Fang
Bruce, Pangoro- Level 44
- Shadow Claw
- Crunch
- Cut
- Vital Throw

Your Gallade can actually do SE damage against everything that Water is SE against between Earthquake and Leaf Blade since Water is SE against Ground, Rock, and Fire; EQ can hit Fire and Rock SE and Leaf Blade can hit Ground and Rock SE. The only Fire, Ground, or Rock Pokemon that I can think of that won't be weak to one of those two moves are Fire/Flying Pokemon, but Lucario can use Rock Slide or Togekiss can use Ancient Power for 4x SE damage on those, Ampharos can also do SE damage against them, but since it's your backup you might not have it with you.

Thanks for your feedback! I faced the Elite 4 yesterday and they were pretty easy. I ended up bringing Ampharos with me instead of Lucario because I didn't want too many fighting and steel types in my party. I'm glad I went that route because Ampharos pretty much swept the water trainer.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Alright, my future team's shaping up like this:

Greninja [Water/Dark]
Aurorus [Rock/Ice]
Goodra [Dragon]
Charizard [Fire/Flying]
Florges [Fairy]

I need a sixth Pokemon that can provide some desperately needed coverage, preferably something from my siggy, or at the very least a new Pokemon.

gabric

right now I am training a team consisting of
Breloom
Adamant - technician
Power-up punch
Bullet seed
spore
undecided rock tomb maybe?

Aegislash
Brave - Stance change
king's shield
Sacred sword
Iron head
Shadow claw

Charizard
Modest - blaze - charizardite Y
Air slash
Flamethrower
Solar beam
Dragon pulse

Togekiss
Modest - Serene grace
Dazzling gleam
Psychic
Aura sphere
Air slash

Nidoking
Adamant - Sheer force
Megahorn
Earthquake
Poison jab
rock slide
Carracosta
Adamant - Solid rock
Rock slide
Shell Smash
Waterfall/Aqua tail (cant decide)
undecided crunch maybe

I also have a second charizard that I'll swap in sometimes for a change of pace
Charizard
Adamant - Blaze - Charizardite X
Flare blitz
Dragon claw/Outrage/Dragon rush (again cannot decide)
Dragon dance
Earthquake

any suggestions? hold items? any thing that might fit a bit better then carracosta who im unsure about?
the team is mainly for all the ingame battles like the chateu and stuff but id also like to use it pseudo competitively

Last edited:

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Making a post-game team full of pokemon I always wanted to try just for giggles really, but I want to make it kind of competitive as I've never really explored competitive gameplay much before, so if anyone could make some suggestsions on things like natures, movesets, held items I'd really appreciate it. Here's what I have planned, it's a bit of an oddball team:

Noivern
Modest
??? Item

Fly (kinda need that)
Boomburst
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse

Clawitzer
Docile
??? Item

Water Pulse
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere

Volcarona
Impish
??? Item

Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Heat Wave
Psychic

Gengar
Jolly
Gengarite

Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt

Gardevoir
Modest
Gardevoirite

Psychic
Moonblast
Focus Blast
Energy Ball

Gliscor
Lonely
No Item

Earthquake
Acrobatics
X-Scissor
Stone Edge

Charoshi

Charmander is best
finally started Y.

My planned team is mostly physical attackers, but I kinda like it. I'll run a few as mixed. Kinda the opposite of my x team which was mostly special.

Chesnaught
Talonflame
Malamar
Tyrantrum
Nidoking
Cloyster

It works for me. The original plan was to use Greninja... but I decided my desire to use Malamar was too strong. I liked it when it came out... but it came secondary to my love of Fennekin.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

My X Team was the following:

Chesnaught (M)
* Return
* Shadow Claw
* Wood Hammer
* Hammer Arm

Blastoise (F) @ Blastoisinite
* Surf
* Bite
* Waterfall
* Ice Beam

Talonflame (M)
* Flame Charge
* Fly
* Steel Wing
* Acrobatics

Snorlax (M)
* Strength
* Yawn
* Brick Break
* Crunch

Tyrantrum (M)
* Rock Slide
* Earthquake
* Crunch
* Dragon Claw

Mr. Mime (M)

* Psychic
* Thunderbolt
* Substitute
* Dazzling Gleam

thepinguins

Steel Jester
Making a post-game team full of pokemon I always wanted to try just for giggles really, but I want to make it kind of competitive as I've never really explored competitive gameplay much before, so if anyone could make some suggestsions on things like natures, movesets, held items I'd really appreciate it. Here's what I have planned, it's a bit of an oddball team:

Noivern
Modest
??? Item

Fly (kinda need that)
Boomburst
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse

Clawitzer
Docile
??? Item

Water Pulse
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere

Volcarona
Impish
??? Item

Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Heat Wave
Psychic

Gengar
Jolly
Gengarite

Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt

Gardevoir
Modest
Gardevoirite

Psychic
Moonblast
Focus Blast
Energy Ball

Gliscor
Lonely
No Item

Earthquake
Acrobatics
X-Scissor
Stone Edge

You don't need 2 Mega evolutions. I'd stick to Gardevoirite. Now, Gengar needs to learn Substitute. Take out Dark Pulse as it's basically Shadow Ball and give him Black Sludge, it'll heal him, thanks to his Poison type. And here's a tip: Put your battle pokemon for competitive gameplay in the Battle Box, You won't need to waste a space on Fly and other moves that you need to progress in the story.

chap196

right now I am training a team consisting of
Breloom
Adamant - technician
Power-up punch
Bullet seed
spore
undecided rock tomb maybe?

Aegislash
Brave - Stance change
king's shield
Sacred sword
Iron head
Shadow claw

Charizard
Modest - blaze - charizardite Y
Air slash
Flamethrower
Solar beam
Dragon pulse

Togekiss
Modest - Serene grace
Dazzling gleam
Psychic
Aura sphere
Air slash

Nidoking
Adamant - Sheer force
Megahorn
Earthquake
Poison jab
rock slide
Carracosta
Adamant - Solid rock
Rock slide
Shell Smash
Waterfall/Aqua tail (cant decide)
undecided crunch maybe

I also have a second charizard that I'll swap in sometimes for a change of pace
Charizard
Adamant - Blaze - Charizardite X
Flare blitz
Dragon claw/Outrage/Dragon rush (again cannot decide)
Dragon dance
Earthquake

any suggestions? hold items? any thing that might fit a bit better then carracosta who im unsure about?
the team is mainly for all the ingame battles like the chateu and stuff but id also like to use it pseudo competitively

For Aegislash
I wouldn't use Iron Head, even though its STAB, you can cover a lot more types with Sacred Sword instead. Replace Shadow Claw with Shadow Sneak and replace Iron Head with Sword Dance. The most common combo that people uses with Aegislash is to Sword Dance about 2 times in Shield Form and sweep the whole team with Shadow Sneak. If your opponent Pokemon is normal, don't worry, just use King's Shield (or if you predict your opponent will use a non-attacking move, then don't use King's Shield) and use Sacred Sword afterwards. I would use Leftover for in game and competitive or Lum Berry for Competitive only as Status Condition like Burn could completely ruin Aegislash combo, if I remember correctly, King's Shield doesn't protect Will-O-Wisp as well. Overall Aegislash is strong, but it really relies on how good you can predict your opponent. If your opponent thinks that you will use King's Shield, but you use Sword Dance instead, your opponent can lose their turn using other move.

For Togekiss
I would replace Psychic with Thunder Wave. You can use Thunder Wave to paralyze your opponent, which make it slow, then use Air Slash to give a 60% chance to flinch your opponent plus 25% to paralyze your opponent. You can also use Roost instead of Dazzling Gleam, but it is optional as I don't know how useful Dazzling Gleam is.

Hope this help

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
You don't need 2 Mega evolutions. I'd stick to Gardevoirite. Now, Gengar needs to learn Substitute. Take out Dark Pulse as it's basically Shadow Ball and give him Black Sludge, it'll heal him, thanks to his Poison type. And here's a tip: Put your battle pokemon for competitive gameplay in the Battle Box, You won't need to waste a space on Fly and other moves that you need to progress in the story.

Nah, I just wasn't sure which Meg Evo out of Gengar and Gardevoir would work better in this set. But thanks for the rest of the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.