• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chap196

This is my specific team sorry I think told you the moves.
Chesnaught:
Hammer arm
Frenzy plant
Stone edge
Wood Hammer

Drapion:
Cross Poison
Poison jab
Crunch
Dig

Tyrantrum:
Head smash
Earthquake
Aerial ace
Draco Meteor

Aegislash:
King's Shield
Shadow Claw
Flash Cannon
Sacred Sword

Blastoise:
Hydro Cannon
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Toxic

Blaziken:
Blast Burn
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Brave Bird

I want to place Tyrantrum with a Staraptor or a Florges though if you want to trade which no one wants to please Pm me when you want a Tyrantrum(low defense).All have nicknames beside Blaziken.My Tyrantrum is level.73 so can you make a Florges or Staraptor a level 63.If you are please with the team I have right now PM me.See ya next time.

For Aegislash
I don't know how good a mixed Aegislash is as the one I use are Physical Aegislash. The reason I like Physical Aegislash more is because it can access to Sword Dance which gain attack by 2 stages allowing Aegislash to sweep your opponent team easily with Shadow Sneak or being able to OHKO Bulky Pokemin with Sacred Sword. I would replace Flash Cannon with Sword Dance, even if Flash Cannon STABs and can cover Fairy, Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak (for single battle) or Shadow Claw (for double battle or triple battle) covers enough types. If Mixed Set works, then keep it.

For Blaziken
You definitely don't need Blast Burn on Blaziken as 2 Blaze Kick is stronger and Blast Burn will need Blaziken to recharge 1 turn which will give your opponent an opportunity to Knock Blaziken out in the next turn (if this was for in-game, the negative thing is it forces it to switch).
I would replace Blast Burn with Protect for free Speed Boost or Sword Dance for Attack boost.

Also don't use Frenzy Plant on Chesnaught, as Wood Hammer will be stronger than Frenzy Plant due to its low Special Attack. And don't use Hydro Cannon on Blastoise too, just don't use recharge move.

Hope this help

MrFreaky

Kingdom Hearts Nerd
This is my current team

Hydregion
Gardevior
Drifblim
Heracross/Mega Heracross

Still trying to figure out what my last to members should be (This is not suppose to competitive team)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
My Y team was pretty good, it was;

Greninja
Talonflame
Pangoro
Aegislash
Tyrantrum
Slyveon

Though I will say Talonflame sucked for most of my playthrough, its only real value came from Will-O-Wisp and Roost stalling. I have a planned X team;

Chesnaught
Delphox
Clawitzer
Florges
Aurorus
Goodra

Buffybot

How are people so fast at this game? :( I must just be super slow. I have both versions and only got the Fairy Badge in Y and am trying to train a team for Elite Four in X...I went in once and got rolled by the Steel guy. So I bred a Shinx I got via Wonder Trade and am leveling a Luxray for nostalgic purposes (I basically had a Luxray in Pearl that carried me through the game and made it total cake). But I get a bit frustrated trying to figure out what to train and when to train and then get distracted. I can't even think of going back through either.

I'm currently using a lvl 100 Zangoose, 69 Xerneas, 75 Delphox, 73 Meowstic, 74 Lucario and now my Luxray who is up and coming at 50. But my Delphox is getting kinda smooshed. I might have to sub her out for the Blaziken :(

Last edited:

ImpendingChaos

My team is shaping up to be:

Greninja
Talonflame
Gogoat
Meowstic
Sylveon

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on my sixth member. I'm currently debating between Aegislash, Tyrantrum and Avalugg but I'm unsure. I want to only use Kalos Pokémon. Any suggestions?

Greninja
Talonflame
Gogoat
Meowstic
Sylveon

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on my sixth member. I'm currently debating between Aegislash, Tyrantrum and Avalugg but I'm unsure. I want to only use Kalos Pokémon. Any suggestions?

How about a .....................
.............. a furfoeu psych your last pokemon should be a************!!!!!!!!! PANGORO!!!!!!!!*****

ImpendingChaos

How about a .....................
.............. a furfoeu psych your last pokemon should be a************!!!!!!!!! PANGORO!!!!!!!!*****

It would be if I liked to double up on types. But I don't.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
My League Champions!

Radiance ~ Delphox
Item: Light Clay
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Blaze

- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock
- Light Screen
- Grass Knot

Chrom ~ Lucario
Item: Lucarionite
Nature: Brave
Ability: Inner Focus

- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon

Starburst ~ Sylveon
Item: Sitrus Berry
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Cute Charm

- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Misty Terrain

Tundragoon ~ Aurorus
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Docile
Ability: Refrigerate

- Freeze Dry
- Nature Power
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

Victoria ~ Aegislash
Item:
Nature: Careful
Ability: Stance Change

- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Bubbles ~ Goodra
Item: Roseli Berry
Nature: Modest
Ability: Sap Sipper

- Draco meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Muddy Water
- Thunderbolt

Aurorus in particular is one that I'm still kinda thinking about, and I'm stumped on the matter of an item for Aegislash...Will appreciate suggestions for either.

Last edited:

Shiny Budew

Greninja
Talonflame
Gogoat
Meowstic
Sylveon

I'd say Aegislash, because of its interesting ability, it being immune to 3 types and resistant to 9 types.

ImpendingChaos

I'd say Aegislash, because of its interesting ability, it being immune to 3 types and resistant to 9 types.

I have a Brave Honedge I've EV-trained (incase I ended up choosing it), and I just added it to my party. I'll most likely stick with it, seeing as how the other two really don't do much for me; who knows, though.

Hyper27

Hyper27
In my next playthrough I plan to use : (I use these teams against my friends in "Ingame Competitive battles")

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
-Wood Hammer
-Brick Break
-Spiky Shield
-Leech Seed

Blastoise @ Leftovers/Blastoisinite
Calm Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Toxic

As you can see, these two will serve as the tanks for my team, Chesnaught being physical and Blastoise being special.

Next I wanted a Fire Type, and really the only 2 that I felt were viable from what you obtain ingame are Talonflame and Pyroar. However, I'm not sure if Talonflame's 81 base attack is going to get anywhere and the same about Pyroar's Movepool. So in the end its between if I want Talonflame (I always run U-turn on any team) or if I want to transfer a Growlithe egg so I can get an Arcanine.
So is Talonflame good?
The rest of my team will be decided after the addition of the fire type.

Last edited:
The only Pokémon on my team that I planned on having from the beginning was Chesnaught. All of the others just kind of happened by accident 'cause I'd be, like, "Oh, I'll just keep this one 'til I find something better," and then I got attached to them and now they're my first-time X Version Hall of Fame Champions. This mostly just applies to Diggersby and Florges.

So my main team is currently
Chesnaught (Lv 86)
Talonflame (Lv 81)
Diggersby (Lv 78)
Florges (Lv 80)
Aegislash (Lv 77)
Clawitzer (Lv 70)

I won't go into the natures, moves, and other competitive stuff because they're probably unimpressive and I'm not terribly interested in the competitive area, at least not as much as I'd like to be.

Hyper27

Hyper27
The only Pokémon on my team that I planned on having from the beginning was Chesnaught. All of the others just kind of happened by accident 'cause I'd be, like, "Oh, I'll just keep this one 'til I find something better," and then I got attached to them and now they're my first-time X Version Hall of Fame Champions. This mostly just applies to Diggersby and Florges.

So my main team is currently
Chesnaught (Lv 86)
Talonflame (Lv 81)
Diggersby (Lv 78)
Florges (Lv 80)
Aegislash (Lv 77)
Clawitzer (Lv 70)

I won't go into the natures, moves, and other competitive stuff because they're probably unimpressive and I'm not terribly interested in the competitive area, at least not as much as I'd like to be.

Was Talonflame a strong member of your team, or was it just so and so? As you can see on the post above, I'm considering adding one to a team I am planning.

I'm looking to compile a team for the Elite Four, and at the moment I'm not sure who I should use and I certainly don't want to take in 6 Pokemon and have to swap them around so I've given my Pokemon multiple type moves. Mostly to give them coverage, and give them an edge over their counterparts. Please let me know what you think I should change - items, Pokemon, moves, etc...

Greninja ♂ at level 78
Item: Black Glasses
Ice Beam
Surf
Extrasensory
Night Slash

Slurpuff ♀ at level 80
Item: Amulet Coin (Possibly changing to Pixie Plate)
Surf
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Draining Kiss

Venusaur ♂ at level 67
Item: Miracle Seed
Petal Dance
Earthquake
Venoshock
Sleep Powder

Lucario ♂ at level 77
Shadow Claw
Aura Sphere
Metal Claw
Bone Rush

Inkay ♂ at level 27
Item: N/A
Foul Play
Psybeam
Psywave
Swagger

Hawlucha ♂ at level 70
High Jump Kick
Fly
Bounce
Flying Press

Please keep in mind that I'm only trying to use the first four Pokemon, the last two are there purely to be entered into the Elite Four's Hall of Fame. Inkay will most likely be evolved into Malamar before I go into the building to challenge them but I am hoping I do not have to use my last two slots on my team. But if many of you advice against it.

Thank you! :)

chap196

I'm looking to compile a team for the Elite Four, and at the moment I'm not sure who I should use and I certainly don't want to take in 6 Pokemon and have to swap them around so I've given my Pokemon multiple type moves. Mostly to give them coverage, and give them an edge over their counterparts. Please let me know what you think I should change - items, Pokemon, moves, etc...

Greninja ♂ at level 78
Item: Black Glasses
Ice Beam
Surf
Extrasensory
Night Slash

Slurpuff ♀ at level 80
Item: Amulet Coin (Possibly changing to Pixie Plate)
Surf
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Draining Kiss

Venusaur ♂ at level 67
Item: Miracle Seed
Petal Dance
Earthquake
Venoshock
Sleep Powder

Lucario ♂ at level 77
Shadow Claw
Aura Sphere
Metal Claw
Bone Rush

Inkay ♂ at level 27
Foul Play
Psybeam
Psywave
Swagger

Hawlucha ♂ at level 70
High Jump Kick
Fly
Bounce
Flying Press

Please keep in mind that I'm only trying to use the first four Pokemon, the last two are there purely to be entered into the Elite Four's Hall of Fame. Inkay will most likely be evolved into Malamar before I go into the building to challenge them but I am hoping I do not have to use my last two slots on my team. But if many of you advice against it.

Thank you! :)

For Greninja
I would rather go for Dark Pulse than Night Slash since Greninja has higher Special Attack and Attack and Dark Pulse can at least flinch your opponent Pokemon. Use Life Orb for Item.

For Hawlucha
Use Acrobatics instead of Flying Press as Acrobatics is stronger without item and High Jump Kick and Aceobatics covers more than Flyign Press. Rock Slide instead of Bounce as Acrobatics is already stronger than bounce and Rock Slide gives some coverages. If possible, use Sword Dance instead of Fly to increases its attack.

Hope this help

chap196

Was Talonflame a strong member of your team, or was it just so and so? As you can see on the post above, I'm considering adding one to a team I am planning.

Talonflame is stronger than Pyroar due to its ability Gale Wing which make all Flying Type move have a speed priority of 1. With Choice Band or Life Orb, Talonflame can possibly clear your opponent team with a Prority Brave Bird which can easily OHKO Gengar and Alakazam. However if it did not OHKO your opponent, it will probably fainted when your opponent attack it.

CircuitAngel

Pyroar has a few advantages; immunity to Ghost and a STAB move that ignores Substitutes. That said GW Talonflame is better in most situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.