• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tat25Guy

Does Heliolisk, Aurorus, or Escavlier fit best with my offensive team of Greninja, Charizard, Gengar, Gardevior, and Garchomp?

shac

Half way through the game i realised my team was a bit fire heavy....silly me.

Got Delphox and Charizard as my starters. Got Talonflame for my flier (then realised didnt really need him cos of charizard). Then was also raising the even Torchic. Did a total revamp. Ended up with this:

Charizard (charizardite-X) - tough claw, yay!
Lapras (Mystic water/nevermelt ice)
Gallade
Scizor (scizorite) - can kill half of Diantha's team just with Bullet punch
Heliolisk (magnet) .... ooooo that speed!
Garchomp (garchompite)... thanks to early access to all the dragon types....)

In training now: Aegislash, Aerodactyle, noibat

Has anyone trained an Exploud yet? Thinking STAB Boomburst powered up by a scarf will be terrific....any thoughts?

Also really want a Tropius.....anyone wanna safari?

BrianOnLineID

Finally beat the elite four. My final team is Greninja [Water Pledge, Extrasensory, Night Slash, U-turn],Charizard [Wing Attack, Shadow Claw, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower], Gardevoir [Magical Leaf, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Calm Mind], Aggron [Ice Beam, Heavy Slam, Dragon Tail, Flash Cannon], Jolteon [Wild charge, Wish, Bite, Thunderbolt] and Staraptor [Brave Bird, Fly, Close Combat, Aerial Ace]. I'm having trouble with the battle mansion. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ImpendingChaos

So, I finally have my final Pokémon X team. I've spent a few hours on each Pokémon to obtain the preferred Nature and then EV-trained them all. I put a lot of thought into the team and what members I would use.

It's in my signature. I will get to posting the movesets and other information when I have the time.

Crobat_Curse

Pokemon X

I've surprisingly been having a lot of success with these guys online - Swanna in particular, is actually quite potent! I've only recently defeated the Elite 4 with this team so have yet to the post-game Looker quests! But overall, they were a lot of fun to use - especially Manectric with his new mega form (which I personally love, don't get the hate for it at all.)

658.png

Lester
Jolly, 68
Waterfall, Night Slash, Acrobatics, Power-up Punch

668.png

Brandi
Timid, 68
Flamethrower, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse, Overheat

310.png

Flynn
Timid, 68
Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Flamethrower, Charge Beam

581.png

Jude
Timid, 68
Surf, Ice Beam, Air Slash, Rain Dance

589.png

Hans
Adamant, 68
Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Iron Head, Return

715.png

Matilda
Timid, 68
Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Air Slash, Boomburst

Pokemon Y

Mega Mawile is an absolute monster! She pretty much annihilated every opponent in-game and is just as beastly online. I generally play triples so Unfezant's main role is to set up Tailwind for Mawile, Dragalge, Clawitzer and Chesnaught who are all as slow as dirt otherwise, whereas Meowstic pads out their bulk with dual screens. It's really successful in destroying the hoard of Charizard/Blaziken/Lucario/Mewtwo/Legendary trio players online, but I'm not really sure how well it'd fair in higher play.

652.png

Carlos
Adamant, 61
Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge

678.png

Kale
Modest, 62
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Reflect

303.png

Tegan
Adamant, 62
Swords Dance, Play Rough, Iron Head, Sucker Punch

691.png

Pierre
Modest, 62
Sludge Bomb, Dragon Pulse, Scald, Thunderbolt

693.png

Leroy
Modest, 61
Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere

521.png

Preston
Jolly, 62
Return, Tailwind, Wish, Protect

Pokemon Y
(initial playthrough team)

This was my initial Pokemon Y team, who I've traded to X in the meantime. I originally had Dragalge in the last slot, but I wanted to use him in my X team too, so I removed him for now. I intend to replace him with an Eelektross* I've already bred on White 2 when Poketransfer eventually becomes available (seriously, why is the wait so long?). Furfrou and Barbaracle are definitely the stars of the team; the former for being so damn tanky with Cotton Guard, Fur Coat and special defense boosting nature/EVs, and the latter on the offensive spectrum with Shell Smash/Tough Claws. The other 3 aren't as great, but I'm a big fan of their design and that's pretty much always the deciding factor for me.

655.png

Milos
Timid, 75
Flamethrower, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind

683.png

Lacy
Bold, 75
Calm Mind, Moon Blast, Rest, Thunderbolt

699.png

Alexis
Modest, 75
Hyper Beam, Freeze Dry, Psychic, Ancient Power

676.png

Ziggy
Careful, 76
Return, Cotton Guard, Toxic, Protect

689.png

Angus
Jolly, 80
Shell Smash, Stone Edge, Razor Shell, Cross Chop

604.png

Rey
Rash, 71
Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Drain Punch, Giga Drain*

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
My Bunnelby (hasn't evolved yet) unfortunately had a Modest nature, but since I'm not the kind of trainer who doesn't want to recatch pokémon I've trained for competitive reasons, I've been raising its physical ATK and Speed through super training, & now its ATK is higher.

If anything, I think it'll be more well rounded in Physical & Special Attack once it evolves to Diggersby, so does anyone have recommendations for moves? Right now I was thinking of the following:
- Bulk Up/Work Up/Agility/Wild Charge/Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Return/Quick Attack
- Mud Shot/Grass Knot/Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
My Bunnelby (hasn't evolved yet) unfortunately had a Modest nature, but since I'm not the kind of trainer who doesn't want to recatch pokémon I've trained for competitive reasons, I've been raising its physical ATK and Speed through super training, & now its ATK is higher.

If anything, I think it'll be more well rounded in Physical & Special Attack once it evolves to Diggersby, so does anyone have recommendations for moves? Right now I was thinking of the following:
- Bulk Up/Work Up/Agility/Wild Charge/Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Return/Quick Attack
- Mud Shot/Grass Knot/Sludge Bomb

hmm earthquake is a must learn move for bunnelby since i've let it learn that move and maybe u should keep bulk up/work up(whatever increases its atk)

Navarch

For this playthrough of Pokemon X, I'm only using Kanto and Kalos Pokemon. The regions seems similar in some ways, so I though it would be neat.

kkross007

I wanted to keep my team full of new pokes so I used Greninja, Talonflame, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Goodra and Babaracle for the story.
Worked well enough, but there was one sky trainer with an aerodactyl using stone edge, which is a bit of a nightmare for talonflame.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
I'm doing my best to be a rock and ground triner!

Current team
Omastar
Cradily
Rhyperior (only one I would swap for my Marowak)
Camerupt
Flygon
Nidoking

Still leveling and training the team, but the basics are there.

carnevore

With the holidays coming up, I'm hoping to obtain a 3DS and pokemon y game soon, so for the first time since the release, I started to put some thought in my hypothetical team. 1 from each generation and of varying types.
Golduck, Donphan, Beartic and Kecleon are set in stone. My dilemma's are with choosing between Tangrowth/Luxray and Talonflame/Noivern and finding a decent movepool for Kecleon. This generation, it really got the short end of the stick when it comes to physical attacks (base att > sp att). So I'm thinking dig, shadow claw, sucker punch, rock slide and/or foul play for offensive moves. Unless I can get it to learn Gen V only moves and then trade it back. Is that an option?
Also I want to succeed in implementing this team before post-game. Can anyone tell me in advance if Shinx/Tangela, Panphy and/or a hidden ability Kecleon are hard to come by? I'd trade my starters in a heartbeat, I'm only into the game for the storyline with my dream team.

Thanks in advance, for any help you are kind enough to provide.

Last edited:

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
With the holidays coming up, I'm hoping to obtain a 3DS and pokemon y game soon, so for the first time since the release, I started to put some thought in my hypothetical team. 1 from each generation and of varying types.
Golduck, Donphan, Beartic and Kecleon are set in stone. My dilemma's are with choosing between Tangrowth/Luxray and Talonflame/Noivern and finding a decent movepool for Kecleon. This generation, it really got the short end of the stick when it comes to physical attacks (base att > sp att). So I'm thinking dig, shadow claw, sucker punch, rock slide and/or foul play for offensive moves. Unless I can get it to learn Gen V only moves and then trade it back. Is that an option?
Also I want to succeed in implementing this team before post-game. Can anyone tell me in advance if Shinx/Tangela, Panphy and/or a hidden ability Kecleon are hard to come by? I'd trade my starters in a heartbeat, I'm only into the game for the storyline with my dream team.

Thanks in advance, for any help you are kind enough to provide.

1. Shinx, Phanpy, and HA Kecleon are all Safari Pokémon, so unless somebody's trading them to you, then you can't get them main-game.

2. Both Talonflame and Noivern are good. Talonflame shines when it's got HA, but it's still fast enough to execute Brave Bird or Acrobatics without priority. Think what you need more in your team, if you need another physical attacker go Talonflame. If you need a special all around then go Noivern. Talonflame's going to hurt you in the main-game though if you don't plan your healing economics well, as both it's best attacks are recoil moves.

eqs819

My team is:
Chesnaught (M)- Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, Poison Jab

Sylveon (F)-Moon Blast, Double Team, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball

Charizard (F)-Fly, Heat Wave, Earthquake, Brick Break

Hydreigon (M)-Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Flash Cannon

I've also have a female Panpour (still in training). Once I evolve her, her moves will be Dig, Ice Beam, Surf, and Brick Break. Any suggestion for my Pokemon's moves? Also, I need help deciding on a sixth member of my team, so any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
My team is:
Chesnaught (M)- Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, Poison Jab

Sylveon (F)-Moon Blast, Double Team, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball

Charizard (F)-Fly, Heat Wave, Earthquake, Brick Break

Hydreigon (M)-Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Flash Cannon

I've also have a female Panpour (still in training). Once I evolve her, her moves will be Dig, Ice Beam, Surf, and Brick Break. Any suggestion for my Pokemon's moves? Also, I need help deciding on a sixth member of my team, so any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

what type of pokemon are you planning for your sixth?

carnevore

1. Shinx, Phanpy, and HA Kecleon are all Safari Pokémon, so unless somebody's trading them to you, then you can't get them main-game.

I apologize, what I meant to ask if they're difficult to obtain in trade? Are they very rare or are traders reluctant to give up these specific pokemon?

Bus

I plan on restarting (probably in another month or two) and going through with a particular theme, but I'm not sure what to do yet. I'm mulling over different elemental teams; including an all Fire team that starts as All the Fire starters (and if one falls out of favor with me, I might replace it with a different Fire Pokemon within game). I've also considered doing a Dragon team, but I feel like that would be wildly overpowered (though it would look awesome when they were all fully evolved). The others I was thinking of was a Ghost team (since they are pretty diversified in secondary typings), a Poison team (since I love Nidoking and haven't actually used him since Leaf Green), and/or a Dinosaur/Fossil team. So...Ghost, Fire(or Fire Starter), Poison, or Dinosaur team. What should I do as a run-through?

I would do a Nuzlocke run through Y, but in order to tide me over for the release of X/Y I did a Nuzlocke of every prior Pokemon game, so I'm kinda Nuzlocke'd out at the moment lol.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I plan on restarting (probably in another month or two) and going through with a particular theme, but I'm not sure what to do yet. I'm mulling over different elemental teams; including an all Fire team that starts as All the Fire starters (and if one falls out of favor with me, I might replace it with a different Fire Pokemon within game). I've also considered doing a Dragon team, but I feel like that would be wildly overpowered (though it would look awesome when they were all fully evolved). The others I was thinking of was a Ghost team (since they are pretty diversified in secondary typings), a Poison team (since I love Nidoking and haven't actually used him since Leaf Green), and/or a Dinosaur/Fossil team. So...Ghost, Fire(or Fire Starter), Poison, or Dinosaur team. What should I do as a run-through?

I would do a Nuzlocke run through Y, but in order to tide me over for the release of X/Y I did a Nuzlocke of every prior Pokemon game, so I'm kinda Nuzlocke'd out at the moment lol.

Skuntank would be pretty good for a poison team.

I only have one special, should I get another?

Bus

I probably would; though with the Special Tanks out there (Goodra, Flabebe, and Dragalge), you're probably better off with more physically oriented teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.