• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Can anyone give me some lead on a topic: I have Y and I chose Charizard as an starter, of course I got the Charizardite Y along with him and I already bought the other two starters' mega stones at the Stone Emporium, but does the man sells the other Charizardite? Because it has been quite a few days and he still sends the same quote after buying the other starters mega stones. Is the Charizardite X only obtainable through trade or is it truly obtainable by the old man at the Stone Emporium? If so anyone care to trade it for an Ampharosite and an Abomasnow with his stone?

I really want that X stone because I want to catch Mewtwo weakening him with Charizard X (like pokemon origins) :p

if you are playing y then you'll have charizardite y and if x then charizardite x.it looks like there's no other way to obtain both unless you trade

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Or PokéBank with yourself when it comes out, if you come to own both games by then.

According to the Official FAQ Held Items will be removed and placed in the bag before Pokémon are sent to Pokémon Bank. So you can't obtain Charaizard X and Y in the same game using Pokémon Bank.

http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-gb/faq/
Q: Can I deposit Pokémon holding Berries or other items in Pokémon Bank?

A: No, you cannot deposit Pokémon that are holding Berries or other items. Please make sure to return any held items to your Bag before depositing your Pokémon.

If you try to deposit Pokémon that are holding Berries or other items, the items will be removed and sent to your Bag. If your Bag is full, the items will disappear.

I got my Teddiursa bred over the weekend. Adamant, qwik feet , 29 IV Speed. Now to figure out wht to breed it with for play rough. Cubchoo is ready. Shooting self in foot for using shards on ice punch.

It's not that big a waste, Ice Punch only loses 10 power in exchange for +5 accuracy over Icicle Crash. As a rule of thumb, always stick with accurate-leaning moves whenever possible. Hitting more often but slightly softer, is far better than hitting less often but slightly harder.

Snes91

Inkay: has a 4x weakness to Bug, and a 2x weakness to Fairy.
Scizor: has a 4x weakness to Fire.

Thanks for letting me know :),I ended up going with a different team some what,I finished the game with.

Hawlucha.
Blaziken.
Vespiquen.
Yveltal.
Lapras.
Pupitar.

Hey! I hope some of you could help me a little :)

I currently have 5 Pokémon in my team and I'm looking for the last one!
My team is mostly based on my favorites!
I have:
Blaziken with Blazikenite
Gardevoir
Gengar
Salamence
Tyranitar

And now.. Which Pokémon would fit my team the best?
Jolteon or Cloyster

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

I have:
Gardevoir
Gengar
Salamence
Tyranitar

Jolteon or Cloyster

i think jolteon will be better, you need to use it against the water type elite 4 member

Unredemption

I have:
Gardevoir
Gengar
Salamence
Tyranitar

Jolteon or Cloyster

I'd go with Cloyster since it's a bit more versatile and bulky as compared to Jolteon, which can matter quite a lot in-game. Plus, Jolteon's only real utility is Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave, which can be done by the other Pokemon in your team (e.g. Gardevoir) - whereas Cloyster's Water and Ice STABs can't be covered as well by your other team mates (Surf on Tyranitar just isn't going to cut it).

Viveshade

What's Next?
My in-game team is Delphox, Gallade, Bisharp, Golurk, Sylveon, and Gourgeist. Delphox, Gallade, and Bisharp are all level 100. Still need to work on the last three. I haven't played in a few days, though, because I just haven't felt motivated... I've pretty much done everything already. D: X/Y's post-game sucks.

Bus

I'm going to be getting another Y version for Christmas. I'm thinking about doing a play through of the game using only Eeveelutions. Anyone dare me to actually go through with this?

I honestly don't think that would be that hard. I mean, you'd be pretty well covered as far as elements go. You have Fire, Electric, Grass, Ice, Water, Normal, Fairy, Dark, and Psychic to choose from and each of them (minus Flareon unfortunately) are pretty damn good.

I feel like a harder "themed" team would be all Fire Starters or something. That way you'd have Fire/Flying, Fire, Fire/Fighting x3, Fire/Psychic. It could be interesting anyway.

^^
All the EEVEElutions is ab how many pokes I use in 1 playthru. You will need a flyer tho.

Flareon with Guts/Toxic orb
Protect
Workup
Baton pass
Flame charge

Could at least help boost your team

I'd go with Cloyster since it's a bit more versatile and bulky as compared to Jolteon, which can matter quite a lot in-game. Plus, Jolteon's only real utility is Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave, which can be done by the other Pokemon in your team (e.g. Gardevoir) - whereas Cloyster's Water and Ice STABs can't be covered as well by your other team mates (Surf on Tyranitar just isn't going to cut it).

Thanks for the explanation! I'll go with Cloyster as the LAST pokémon on my Y team, thanks! :)

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Now that I've finished my regional pokedex, I'm starting on a competitive team.
I'm thinking of adding Azumarill, but I also want to replace Raichu and Klefki. Any ideas?

The team so far
Venusaur(Mega Stone):
-Sludge Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Petal Dance
-Earthquake

Greninja(Life Orb):
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Smack Down
-Ice Beam

Hawlucha(Sitrus Berry):
-U-Turn
-Acrobatics
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Aegislash (Leftovers):
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak

Raichu (Choice Specs):
-Nuzzle
-Grass Knot
-HP Fighting
-Thunderbolt

Klefki (Focus Sash):
-Toxic
-Spikes
-Reflect
-Light Screen

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Now that I've finished my regional pokedex, I'm starting on a competitive team.
I'm thinking of adding Azumarill, but I also want to replace Raichu and Klefki. Any ideas?

The team so far
Venusaur(Mega Stone):
-Sludge Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Petal Dance
-Earthquake

Greninja(Life Orb):
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Smack Down
-Ice Beam

Hawlucha(Sitrus Berry):
-U-Turn
-Acrobatics
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Aegislash (Leftovers):
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak

Raichu (Choice Specs):
-Nuzzle
-Grass Knot
-HP Fighting
-Thunderbolt

Klefki (Focus Sash):
-Toxic
-Spikes
-Reflect
-Light Screen

What are your natures, abilities, and EV spreads?

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
I built a 'crap' team and I'm wondering what I should use for their movesets.

Fearow Keen Eye max EV atk/speed
Adamant/+speed X/31/31/X/X/31/31

Tangrowth Leaf Guard max EV sp.atk/sp.def
Calm/+sp.def 31/x/x/31/31/31

Ninetails Drought max EV sp.atk/speed
Modest/+speed 31/x/31/31/x/31

Dewgong Thick Fat max EV sp.atk/speed
Modest/+sp.atk 31/x/31/31/31/31

Marowak Rock Head max EV atk/sp.def
Adamant/+sp.def 31/31/31/x/31/x

Clefable Unaware max EV sp.atk split EV def(favored)/sp.def
Modest/+sp.atk 31/x/x/31/x/x Sucky IVs suck, but breeding them is annoying to say the least. Baby forms ftl.
Not 100% sure what all their move pools can do but each is on the team because I like em, and thats good enough for me.

e: have a Clefable for #6, going for a def build on it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.