• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I think heliolisk is a decent pokemon competively. It has high special attack and speed, it can abuse all weather except hail depending on its ability, and has quite a beautiful shiny
Just watch for physical attacks. Its defense is terrible

You mean like Earthquake?

Sorry, I should have clarified; I meant I want the 6th spot to be filled by a gen 6 pokemon.

Any more suggestions?

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Hi! I have a 5 IV FEEBAS but I don't know the moveset or the EV's to use... I wanted a tank / status inflicter one but...
I thought of:
- recover
- scald
- toxis
- ice beam
252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SP. ATTACK

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Noticed that I've reached 100 hours on my playthrough and I reached $1,000,000 in the same hour.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So I got X for Christmas and this is my team:

Heliolisk (M) Lv. 36
Lonely
Sand Veil
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Parabolic Charge
-Quick Attack

Charizard (M) Lvl. 38 @Charizardite X
Naughty
Blaze/Tough Claws
-Fly
-Dragon Rage
-Fire Fang
-Flame Burst

Chesnaught (M) Lvl. 38
Serious
Overgrow
-Spiky Shield
-Bite
-Needle Arm
-Rollout

Meowstic (M) Lvl. 38
Rash
Keen Eye
-Disarming Voice
-Psybeam
-Fake Out
-Psyshock

Furfrou (M) Lvl. 36 [Star Trim]
Gentle
Fur Coat
-Bite
-Rock Smash
-Return
-Baby-Doll Eyes

Vivillon (M) Lvl. 37 [Ocean Pattern]
Naive
Compound Eyes
-Draining Kiss
-Bug Buzz
-Stun Spore
-Psybeam

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
I got them both for xmas but I haven't started X yet but this is my Y team:

Chesnaught- My starter.
Greninja- Got by trade for a male Sylveon (my sylveon is female)
Delphox- Also got by trade for a Charmander.
Sylveon- took a while to evolve with amie so worth it, love her! I never knew i would like fairy types so much now. Dazzling gleam is a epic move.
Heliolisk- Cool Pokemon though can't take hits as well as the others but helped me destroy the electric gym...
Pangoro- He defeats foes like a boss!

b92bomber

Hey everyone, I hope everybody is enjoying X and Y :)

So, I'm just now starting to work on my competitive team as my pokedex progress is slowing, awaiting the US release of PokeBank, whenever that comes. Currently, my team is the following:

Aegislash
Brave natured
Leftovers
+252 Atk +252 Def +4 HP
Moves: Shadow Sneak
King's Shield
Iron Head
Swords Dance

Tyranitar
Adamant natured - Sand Stream
Tyranitarite
+252 Atk +126 Def +126 SpDef
Moves: Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
Screech, but going to get Rock Polish TM

Noivern
Modest natured - Frisk
Getting the Life Orb
+252 SpAtk +252 Speed
Moves: Draco Meteor
Boomburst
Hurricane
Roost

This is all I have so far. I was going to use Mega Gengar and Blaziken, but according to Smogon, they're banned from OU. I am thinking of adding in Ferrothorn if I can. Any advice on what to add? All suggestions would be super appreciated :)

PokemonOwn

Sooo. I got X a while ago (After Y) and to be honest, Tyrunt, Farfetch'd, Delphox and Diggersby REALLY disappointed me. I liked Lucario and Blastoise, but that didn't surprise me. On Y I used Greninja, Aurourus, Florges, Talonflame, Ageislash, and 1 other that I can't remember :S

I enjoyed Y a hell of a lot more. I'll probably use more obscure Mons on my playthrough of "Z" or the eventual "Third" game or Sequel.

Joshular

Well I'm noob to poekmon X and Y
I haven't played since platinum. I loved garchomp from the moment I saw a gibble
So naturally I've got one of them.
Here's my team:
Garchomp
Charazard
Pincer
Togekiss
Aerodactyl
and
Crawdaunt

Oh and if anyone wants to add me :3
I want your friend safaris >.o

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So lemme yak about my Y team now that I have the game.

Delphox: I've been hearing a lot of mixed opinions of this thing. Bear in mind I have yet to complete the game (on my way to the seventh Gym), but except for its ability to take physical hits (his Rash nature doesn't help much), it's really come through for me when I need an ace in the hole.

Florges: Not gonna lie, this thing was a bit of a load. But now that it has Moonblast, its usefulness can only increase, especially since I'm giving it Calm Mind once I beat Olympia. Though once I realized Petal Blizzard was a physical move, I started to have doubts. May replace it in the postgame, though I don't know with what.

Blastoise/Mega Blastoise: A solid team member, but I kind of depend on that Blastoisinite for it to function, since it uses Water Pulse instead of the traditional Surf.

Heliolisk: Everything you need in an Electric-type. Fast, strong, moves that make it work.

Tyrantrum: It still has Rock Tomb and Bulldoze holding it back somewhat. But whatever, Strong Jaw turns Crunch into a third STAB. Still undecided on Rock Slide for safety or Stone Edge (or even Head Smash) for power.

Hawlucha: By far my favorite team member. I never got tired of Flying Press's animation, but there were times when the move's added Flying-type hindered Hawlucha's usefulness rather than helped it. It has High Jump Kick now, so barring the odd miss screwing me over, that should fail to be a problem.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Ok so far my team will consist of

Greninja
Blaziken
Venasuar
Aegislash
Sylveon

I want to add a Dragon type. So I am debating between Goodra or Noivern. On one end Goodra is so cute, is a freaking pseudo legendary and I really want to use one, on another end Noivern is part Flying and my team could really benefit from a flyer(Just imagine all the sky battles I had to skip during the game lol).

So what do you all think?

Last edited:

~Sea_Spirit~

Prince of the Sea
So far I've got..

(M) Quilladin [Guardian]
(F) Kirlia [Ophani]
(M) Wartortle [Pressure]

But i'm hoping for..

Chesnaught
Gardevoir (Mega)
Blastoise (Mega)
Goodra
Gengar (Mega)
Bisharp

I don't really like using pokemon with the same types

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Almost beat the game now, but here's what I have:

Chestnaught
Mega Charizard X
Scolipede
Heliolisk
Sylveon
Golurk

I pretty much ad libbed this team and the team simply fell into place as I progressed.

Sealotic

I finished the game and my team was...

Delphox
Pyroar (female)
Florges
Dragalge
Meowstick (female)
Goodra

Pretty like this team even if it has a bad coverage... Fire, Psychic, Dragon moves are something I used during Aaaaaall my journey, but I made it !

Harty4United

I completed the game with;

Blastoise
Snorlax
Beartic
Pangoro
Haxorus
Raichu

Alli

I just finished breeding 2 perfect Pokémon from every egg group! So now I am ready to breed perfect Pokémon of any sort as soon as PokéBank is released.

BmanP1

Krookodile hunter
I swap my team up before every battle, got loads of IV'd pokemon, however when I first beat the elite 4 (way back when I only had 16 hours play time) I was running this:
Charizard Y
Chesnaught
Lucario
Lapras (HM slave)
Yveltal
Doublade

I know, I beat it with almost all gifted pokemon, if you don't count the legendary, the only non-gift was doublade.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Im trying to do some silly things with a team of pokemon I think are cool.
Special wall Cryogonal (screens, recover, ground immunity) or Mr. Mime (screens, can be offensive, interesting move pool)
Physical wall Bastiodon (sturdy and some offensive power) or Tangrowth (has a freeky good move pool to regen and stall)
Special sweeper Yanmega (speed boost and move pool)
Physical sweeper Medicham (mega and move pool) or Escavalier (interesting move pool and can work in trick room team)
Utility Reuinclus (screens, recover, trick room) or Cabink (trade regen for hazard redundancy)\
Entry support Forretress (best in the game) or Tentacruel (unexpected toxic spikes and rapid spin, Hex combos)

Idea or suggestions?
note: I'm trying to use pokemon that are NOT COMMON

Status
Not open for further replies.