• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night_Walker

Currently messing around with a team.

Pretty happy with my first 3 slots.
Frogardier
Ivysaur
Fletchinder

It's after that I'm having some hassles.
Feel this gen I should have a Fighting type on hand to that end I've got both a Lucario and a Pancham
Caught a Honedge and really like it's look and style but it is a tad vulnerable and if I went with Lucario, in addition to the Ivysaur I've currently got, Fire types can present a big problem.
I caught a Pikachu early on and have been pretty happy with it's performance thus far I just worry it's presence leaves me a little open in terms of dealing with Poison and Psychic types.

daniela12

Currently messing around with a team.

Pretty happy with my first 3 slots.
Frogardier
Ivysaur
Fletchinder

It's after that I'm having some hassles.
Feel this gen I should have a Fighting type on hand to that end I've got both a Lucario and a Pancham
Caught a Honedge and really like it's look and style but it is a tad vulnerable and if I went with Lucario, in addition to the Ivysaur I've currently got, Fire types can present a big problem.
I caught a Pikachu early on and have been pretty happy with it's performance thus far I just worry it's presence leaves me a little open in terms of dealing with Poison and Psychic types.

I'm having some hassles

Crobat_Curse

POKEMON Y

I restarted Pokemon Y about 4 months ago, but have only now got around to completing it. It was actually a lot of fun, plus I got to use some old favourites like Leafeon, Poliwrath and Absol. I've got 7 Pokemon in rotation right now, including a Bunnelby that I just didn't have the heart to evolve, partly because I find Diggersby's design pretty appalling, whereas Bunnelby's is one of my favourite of gen 6. He has Huge Power as an ability + holds the Eviolite, so he's surprisingly effective. Right now I'm tackling the Battle Maison, and have succeeded in beating all the regular difficulty leaders. Now all that awaits is 'super' challenges!

Team

655.png

Nadia
Timid, Lvl 67
Flamethrower, Psychic, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam

359.png

Spades
Naive, Lvl 65
Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Superpower, Sucker Punch

062.png

Gab
Careful, Lvl 67
Waterfall, Bulk Up, Circle Throw, Rest

470.png

Curare
Impish, Lvl 70
Leaf Blade, Knock Off, Wish, Protect

697.png

Nitro
Jolly, Lvl 68
Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Stone Edge

681.png

Jolene
Quiet, Lvl 68
Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, King's Shield, Shadow Sneak

659.png

Doby
Adamant, Lvl 67
Return, Earthquake, Agility, Quick Attack

POKEMON X

This is my original playthrough file, which I've recently revisited. I've been sprucing up my team's movesets a little. They're a hugely offensive bunch, which isn't really my playstyle, but they're solely for ingame use anyway. I'm now continuing where I left off in the Looker quests, and intend to tackle more of the post-game content, like the E4 rematches.

Team

658.png

Lester
Jolly, Lvl 68
Waterfall, Rock Slide, Gunk Shot, Power-up Punch

668-f.png

Brandi
Timid, Lvl 68
Flamethrower, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse, Overheat

310-mega.png

Flynn
Timid, Lvl 68
Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Flamethrower, Volt Switch

581.png

Jude
Timid, Lvl 68
Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Hurricane, Rain Dance

589.png

Hans
Adamant, Lvl 68
Iron Head, Megahorn, Drill Run, Knock Off

715.png

Matilda
Timid, Lvl 68
Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Hurricane, Boomburst

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Started a new run on my X version a couple days ago. Had the sudden urge to revisit Kalos and train some more fairies, in order to get 100% confident with their movepools and type combos before Sun and Moon come out.

I originally wanted to make an all-fairy team but I eventually decided against it, so I kinda just went and planned a squad with some of my favorite 'mons from all generations, again, as some sort of closing rite to go through before venturing into a new gen.

Plus, when Sycamore handed me my Bulbasaur, I ...... w-well. There's no way it wasn't some sort of sign of destiny.

Jolly nature, and "strongly defiant"?! That's EXACTLY how my old trading buddies described my personality in pokémon terms. Yeah, our group kinda had this thing that always just sort of stuck with us. Weird, I know. But anyway.
I was blessed by what I'd personally like to think of as an amazing coincidence, so there was no way I wasn't gonna make him a part of the team.

Well, enough rambling. This is my team so far:

1) Fusto (male Venusaur)

Jolly nature, Strongly defiant, max EVs in Attack and HP.

Moves: Strength, Petal Blizzard, Earthquake, Toxic / Leech Seed.

2) Mimosa (female Florges - yellow flower)

Modest nature, Very finicky, max EVs in Sp Attack and Sp Defense.

Moves: Moonblast, Grassy Terrain / Synthesis, Grass Knot / Giga Drain, Toxic.

3) Spiral (female Beautifly)

Naughty nature, Alert to sounds, max EVs in Speed and Sp Attack

Moves: Energy Ball, Stun Spore, Bug Buzz, Psychic / Swagger.

Planning to fill the other 3 slots with Delphox, Altaria and Alomomola. Though I might change my mind later on.

Also, the moveset I'm referring to is supposed to be the "final" one, aka the set I'll (hopefully) be going up against the E4 with.

I decided not to care about IVs and I'm pretty lenient on Natures as well. Because I'm lazy and it's supposed to be just a "casual" adventure team anyway, but also because not having perfect pokémon will hopefully add a bit of challenge, since my first two X/Y runs have been way too easy.

Last edited:

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
I'm planning on doing a new run on Y soon with a little help from pokemon bank and I'm putting my team together with the intention of using a different team from last time I played. perhaps someone could help me decide some things?
Delphox
Venusaur
Blastoise/Greninja (I can't decide which one I like best :p)
Goodra
Rhyperior (If I can find someone on the forum to help me evolve my Rhydon at least when the time comes)
Yveltal/Talonflame (I used Yveltal last time as well but im so used to using the boxart legendary in my team. Then again I've got a lvl 1 Fletchling with 5 max IVs who is just begging to be used)

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I'm planning on doing a new run on Y soon with a little help from pokemon bank and I'm putting my team together with the intention of using a different team from last time I played. perhaps someone could help me decide some things?
Delphox
Venusaur
Blastoise/Greninja (I can't decide which one I like best :p)
Goodra
Rhyperior (If I can find someone on the forum to help me evolve my Rhydon at least when the time comes)
Yveltal/Talonflame (I used Yveltal last time as well but im so used to using the boxart legendary in my team. Then again I've got a lvl 1 Fletchling with 5 max IVs who is just begging to be used)

Never used Delphox/
Venusaur was alright
Goodra seems ok
I can help with Rhyperior trading
I love Talonflame I wasn't going to use it but I caught one it looked so cute and it was my first L100 and carried a lot through the ingame. I used Chesnaught/Talonflame/Dragale (which was amazing)/Aegislash (again wasn't going to use it but it sounded so good I struggled and I tried it and it was awesome)/Heliolisk/Slyveon

On topic - I have Talonflame as I am egg hatching pokemon for WT and GTS for dex entry. Also got Kangaskan/Umbreon/Aegislash in team for Battle Mansion

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
This is my third playthrough and I used Chespin on the first two. I switched to Froakie (favorite starter in Kalos, obviously) and actually just went along with a team that is composed of my favorites. The types are meant to balance each other, of course, but other than that, I purely pick on aesthetic value (favorites). I think the only one I had to kinda force myself to use is Gogoat, since I thought that I had to balance the quadruped Pyroar in the team with another one.

Sprat1993

Thinking about doing a mono run through on my X after I've done this Playthrough I'm on. I'm open to suggestions but thinking doing g an Electric run

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
This is my current X team
Chesta ( Female Chestnaght)
Koda ( Male Arcanine ) Hatched from egg
Nova ( Male Noviern ) Hatched from egg
Simba ( Male Pyroar ) Hatched from egg
Squrtis ( Female Blastiose )
Kickenhawk ( Male Blaziken ) Hatched from egg

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I just recently restarted Y to do a Badge Quest. As of now (hunting for my second shiny) my team is:

Locke the Frogadier (Male)
Lv. 25
Torrent
Water Pulse, Round, Bubble, Quick Attack
Hasty nature

Reiko the Lucario (Female)
Lv. 25
Inner Focus
Force Palm, Shadow Claw, Feint, Hone Claws
Modest nature

Robyn the Fletchinder (Female, shiny)
Lv. 25
Flame Body
Return, Thief, Peck, Agility
Relaxed nature

Odessa the Meowstic (Female)
Lv. 25
Can't remember her ability
Psyshock, Disarming Voice, Fake Out, Light Screen
Quirky nature

Crobat_Curse

X Team

652.png

Carlisle[65] @ Leftovers
Impish; Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, Wood Hammer, Drain Punch

099.png

Laguna[65] @ Life Orb
Adamant; Agility, Crabhammer, Rock Slide, Superpower

699.png

Kodiak[65] @ Weakness Policy
Modest; Hyper Voice, Freeze Dry, Ancient Power, Earth Power

229MMS.png

Nissa[65] @ Houndoomite
Timid; Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Dark Pulse

8gXd2zv.png

Orin[65] @ Focus Sash
Timid; Quiver Dance, Hurricane, Sleep Powder, Energy Ball

635.png

Rhett[65] @ Life Orb
Hasty; Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, Superpower, Iron Tail

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just got to the elite 4. But got brutally beaten by Siebold and his Gyarados. (he was the last one) and i haven't lost battles in pokemon games for quite a while. He got me since i got cornered with Greninja and Ice Beam. That dragon dance spamming Gyarados of his is bulky and terrifying. It tanked 4-5 Ice beams and received a full restore. I had no electric moves on my first Elite 4 run.

For the record i have been using a lucky egg and am training on victory road but haven't pinned down which pokemon give the best exp gain.

My new team working on.... any recommendations are welcome.

Greninja lvl 71 (Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Water Shuriken and Surf)

Chesnaught lvl 54 (Frenzy Plant, Seed Bomb, Power Up-Punch and Bulk Up)

Xerneas lvl 53 Replacement for Delphox (Thunderbolt, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and Night Slash)

Gengar lvl 39 (Thunderbolt Dazzling, Gleam, Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch)

Lucario lvl 67 with mega stone (Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Swords Dance and Bone Rush)

Charizard lvl 65 with Charizardite X (Flamethrower, Blast Burn, Dragon Claw and Shadow Claw)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.