• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon XD Sequel for WII???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drhikari

Please post your Ideas here. Make them as creative as possible!!!

There is nothing that says there will be so this is just for cool ideas!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
well to start off it should contain alot of special poke's that can be unlocked troughout the game and i think it would be a good idea to keep the eeveé as a starter.

the best would be that there are new ribbons to be obtained there, that would be something nice.

Seviper

1. Eevee as the starter again'd be nice, specially since we now have Leafeon and Glaceon.
2. Shaymin, Darkrai or Deoxys in a similar way to Ho-Oh and Lugia in XD/Colloseum.
3. More wild Pokémon.
4. Main Character with modifyable features.
5. Longer story.

Umbreon_13

evee for starter (of course i would say that)

more rare pokemon

more wild pokemon

make the purify machine less complicated

Umbreon_13

evee for starter (of course i would say that)

more rare pokemon

more wild pokemon

make the purify machine less complicated

Blazing Charmander

Well I certainly believe that a Pokemon RPG on the Wii is inevitable, although not necessarily one that continues the Colosseum/XD storyline. However, if another game based in Orre was made, at least it would be a trilogy lol.

Anyway, here are a few of my ideas:

- You get to choose between a boy or girl, both of whom are descendants of either the Colosseum or XD male protagonists.
- Although the Head of Cipher - Greevil - has seen the light, Ardos cannot accept the fall of Cipher. Through his bitterness, he decides to revive the organisation himself alongside a new host of Admins and underlings. He is also aided by another figure of senior authority.
- More Shadow Pokemon have been produced (including many from Sinnoh). However, with its previous two defeats in mind, Cipher have concocted more sinister methods of producing Shadow Pokemon. Due to this, they are much harder to purify than in the two previous storylines.
- Once again, Cipher's ultimate motive is to create the most powerful Shadow Pokemon. My idea would be that they look towards either the R/S/E or D/P/P main legendaries respectively.
- For the latter legendaries, they (Dialga/Palkia) could be obtained with Cipher having in mind that they could be the key to creating a new universe where Shadow Pokemon and the Cipher organisation reign supreme. Yes, it's a huge step up from the money-making motives of the previous two Cipher incarnations, and it sounds largely similar to those of Team Galactic in DPP. However, i'd like to think this adds a much more evil aura to the organisation.

Well, those are pretty much my initial ideas, although some may seem pretty generic while others are kinda repetitive from other Pokemon games. I may also later make another post giving more in-depth ideas that stem from my above thoughts :)

Last edited:

Mr. Charlie

Let's see:

- Eevee as starter is just perfect;
- More Shadow Pokemon and many more Shadow Moves;
- More healing-exclusive moves (like Head Smash Steelix/Aerodactyl);
- A Shadow Legendary as a version mascot wouldn't work anymore.
- A new, improved and deeper in terms of Pokemon knowledge way of healing. I really liked how XD's machine worked.

- You get to choose between a boy or girl, both of whom are descendants of either the Colosseum or XD male protagonists.

That's a good idea, somehow continuing the story. And father could be like a tutor or something. Or maybe he is missing for some time and you begin your journey trying to find him, fearing that the recently re-raised Cipher and it's new and mysterious leader have caught him!
Huh... That's a good start for a plot, isn't it?

- For the latter legendaries, they (Dialga/Palkia) could be obtained with Cipher having in mind that they could be the key to creating a new universe where Shadow Pokemon and the Cipher organisation reign supreme. Yes, it's a huge step up from the money-making motives of the previous two Cipher incarnations, and it sounds largely similar to those of Team Galactic in DPP. However, i'd like to think this adds a much more evil aura to the organisation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! No shaping the world, no shaping the world, no new world. Just try to conquer it as it is, please! Cipher is a really respectable team, in my opinion, it doesn't need this.

2. Shaymin, Darkrai or Deoxys in a similar way to Ho-Oh and Lugia in
4. Main Character with modifyable features.
5. Longer story.

Three Cheers for three great ideas.
And maybe the plot could go around how Cipher is using [something about Darkrai that I can't really think of right now] to generate/increase power of Shadow Pokemon or to make them harder (or actually impossible until very later in the game) to heal. You could find a few that are able to be healed and others that aren't.

HorseLover

#1 Horse Lover
Well, getting the big prize in the game shouldn't be so hard.
Such as, in Colosseum. You have to purify all 48 Shadow Pokemon AND complete Mt. Battle. And you can't even name the Ho-oh. How lame?

Anyway, some ideas- MORE BONUS DISKS!!! Also, I think that they need to add Fossil Pokemon.

HorseLover

#1 Horse Lover
Well, getting the big prize in the game shouldn't be so hard.
Such as, in Colosseum. You have to purify all 48 Shadow Pokemon AND complete Mt. Battle. And you can't even name the Ho-oh. How lame?

Anyway, some ideas- MORE BONUS DISKS!!! Also, I think that they need to add Fossil Pokemon.

mewfanforlife

I'd say they need more requirements for the purifying machine. It made Pokemon way too easy to purify when contrasted with Colosseum. I would hope they'd lengthen the story line more. To do that they could just have more random trainer battles with people lacking shadows to space them out. I also agree that Eevee should be the starter again. You can make plenty of different teams based on how you evolve him.

Blazing Charmander

Yeah, maybe the Dialga/Palkia idea IS a little too much of a step-up for Cipher's world-conquering considerations lol. However, I would like to think that a new Cipher would have even more sinister plans up their sleeves regarding Shadow Pokemon. Maybe not to that extent, but perhaps something that pushes past the boundaries of money-making scheming.

I'm glad that you like my idea of the protagonists Mr.Charlie. When I typed that idea, I indeed had the factor of continuity in mind. I also like how you've built on that with your own background ideas. The capture of Wes/XD hero (Michael?) by Cipher idea sounds especially tasteful. Maybe Cipher wants to gain revenge for what either/both of them did to the former incarnations of the organisation. Then, the early or first part of the storyline would be for you (their son/daughter/other relation) to save them from Cipher's grasp.

As for the Eevee as a starter, I think that it would be good as it'd sort of carry on the traditions of the Orre games. As well as that, we would now have Leafeon and Glaceon as possibilities for our teams. How they would evolve, i'm not sure. Perhaps there would be two new shards that have the same evolution inducing powers as Sinnoh's Moss and Ice Rocks have on Eevee - the Moss Shard and Ice Shard respectively.

Phantom Wolf DX

How about instead of Eevee, let them start of with Leafeon and Glaceon (ala Colosseums Espeon & Umbreon)

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
-Of course Eevee as your starter
-You can explore even more of Orre
-Dialga and Palkia are the main Shadow Pokemon
-Ardos is the new Grandmaster of Cipher
-Longer storyline that involves Cipher completely controlling the region
-The PDA has more features
-If you fail at catching a Shadow Pokemon, you can see it in the wild
-More Pokespots

Freezeydakilla

Hardcore Ice Lover!
Needs More Miror B. =]

Love the character,It wouldnt seem normal without him.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Eevee as starter definitely! I don't know about much else because I've never played XD, but I would love to see a sequel!

mewfanforlife

Needs More Miror B. =]

I agree. The game should have Mirror B again, but only if it makes sense. I enjoyed his comic relief, music, and dancing, but he shouldn't just be thrown into the game to have him there. They could always make a new character ith similar traits to serve his role if it's too far in the future for him.

Naxte

-Option to pick where your main character is from: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn (or some other mix of 3 handheld regions), or Orre. Which one you choose will decide your starter. If Kanto, you'll start with Bulbasaur, select Johto and you'll get Totodile, Hoenn and you'll get Torchic, and selecting Orre will start you off with Evee, or something like that.

-Switch to single battles. Dobules make it harder to raise a team evenly, especially when you have Pokemon that level up at different rates. Although, having a co-op mode option, allowing two people to play through together(where both you and the person playing with you could only have up to 3 Pokemon each of course) might be nice

-Giving the PDA more features, as someone suggested, making it more like the Poketch, sounds good.

-Having move tutors who'd teach the elemental punches and other such things.

-A new way of purifying Pokemon (of course the others would still be there), perhaps base around something like Poffins or contests. The Poffin idea would be pretty similar to perfumes though (the better the poffin, the more it would purify the Pokemon).

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
-Of course Eevee as your starter
-You can explore even more of Orre
-Dialga and Palkia are the main Shadow Pokemon
-Ardos is the new Grandmaster of Cipher
-Longer storyline that involves Cipher completely controlling the region
-The PDA has more features
-If you fail at catching a Shadow Pokemon, you can see it in the wild
-More Pokespots
More Orre, or another place in addition as well would be nice - and exploring the places inbetween towns and places! Routes people, routes!
OH NOES it be the P*DA. For we all know the * makes it what it is. ;)
Instead of Pokespots though, I'd rather wild Pokemon ala GBA games - grass and the such! Pokespots just didn't quite work for me, really. Hav eit, say, after Orre as improved even further and a decent wild Pokemon population is back, and Orre is less desert-y?
Needs More Miror B. =]

Quoted for truth. :)
This is a must - one can't repeat the series without repeating the guy with the hair and the music and the dance and the Ludicolos. Well, one could, but it wouldn't be quite the same.
-Option to pick where your main character is from: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn (or some other mix of 3 handheld regions), or Orre. Which one you choose will decide your starter. If Kanto, you'll start with Bulbasaur, select Johto and you'll get Totodile, Hoenn and you'll get Torchic, and selecting Orre will start you off with Evee, or something like that.
That I'm afraid would never happen, really. Firstly - memory is an issue. Four regions to choocse from, on top of 493 Pokemon and their movesets and graphics and all that jazz? Mehtinks no. Also - Nintendo wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket, but sell each one in their spearate games, making more money from each in total.
-Switch to single battles. Dobules make it harder to raise a team evenly, especially when you have Pokemon that level up at different rates. Although, having a co-op mode option, allowing two people to play through together(where both you and the person playing with you could only have up to 3 Pokemon each of course) might be nice
I disagree with no double-battles - although Genius Sorinity do seem to have a love affair with them. But Maybe soem more single, but have a lot of doubles as well - basically a more evn mix of the two. And I didn't think raising them in double was hard either, but that's me.
Co-op... maybe, but that too would take a fair bit, and I also doubt that happening...
-Giving the PDA more features, as someone suggested, making it more like the Poketch, sounds good.
Yup.
-A new way of purifying Pokemon (of course the others would still be there), perhaps base around something like Poffins or contests. The Poffin idea would be pretty similar to perfumes though (the better the poffin, the more it would purify the Pokemon).

ANOTHER way to purify? Meh, I also don't really like that idea - I find purifying to be easy really, and XD's multitude of ways are enough IMO. But matter of opinion - I just feel it isn't really needed - although another system similar to XD's purification machine could be done.

And Eevee-starter again seems viable, especially that if there is another Shadow game - and Genius Sorinity - people who made Colosseum, XD and PBR are looking the likely candidates for the next game as well, if made. And they might just go again with their ideas...

Naxte

That I'm afraid would never happen, really. Firstly - memory is an issue. Four regions to choocse from, on top of 493 Pokemon and their movesets and graphics and all that jazz? Mehtinks no. Also - Nintendo wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket, but sell each one in their spearate games, making more money from each in total.
Of course. I didn't mean haivng the option of going to those four regions all in one game. What I meant was selecting what region you're from as more of a profile-type thing (the same way you choose your character's gender and your character's name in the main games) and what you choose for that will decide which starter you get. The story would still occur solely in Orre, of course.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Of course. I didn't mean haivng the option of going to those four regions all in one game. What I meant was selecting what region you're from as more of a profile-type thing (the same way you choose your character's gender and your character's name in the main games) and what you choose for that will decide which starter you get. The story would still occur solely in Orre, of course.
Ah, ok, that's more realistic. :) Although, it assumes that all people playing that game would know about the others as well... but plausible.

I don't like discussing what should be in possible shadow games as it makes me want one all the more, while I know it may not happen and maybe even Miror B may not make a return if it does. Oh well... we shall have to wait and see. Either way, probably not for a while as now Nintendo would want to promote Platinum for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.