• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon XD Sequel for WII???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
In my opinion, PBR was one of the worst games I played. It may seem like I'm exaggerating, but all it literally was was XD minus everything that made XD great. -K

BCVM22

Funny how nothing, anywhere, ever said that PBR would be anything like Colosseum or XD. And yet people still feel like they have grounds on which to complain as if they were denied something they were promised.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I hae to share bad news but Masuda likes the series to be more on the handheld.

Try reading that topic from IGN. on their BW discussion. I know it is somewhere there.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I hae to share bad news but Masuda likes the series to be more on the handheld.

Try reading that topic from IGN. on their BW discussion. I know it is somewhere there.

That's a shame. Understandable, as it makes the game more playable than havign to truck around a television, but that's a shame. There's just so much more interactivity that can be done in a 3D battle than can our little businesscard screens.

Although, as PBR proved, a game must have more than just a cool 3D battle to survive, but still. Seeing the recoil, some of the ways a Pokemon would move to attack, the fainting sessions, an unhooked Magneton...

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Did I say PBR was supposed to be made like Col/XD? Nope. I was comparing. I was saying that they managed to create two amazing, home-console Pokemon games, and then they try to make a quick buck with PBR. Col/XD's popularity wasn't the shiny 3D graphics. It was the game play. The only real point in the game was to get some Pokemon, items and other crap. -K

@wescobbcrandle: Why don't ya try contributing to the discussion instead of sucking up to others?

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
Funny how nothing, anywhere, ever said that PBR would be anything like Colosseum or XD. And yet people still feel like they have grounds on which to complain as if they were denied something they were promised.

This.

I suspect that if we get anything similar to Colosseum or Gale of Darkness that it'll be designed for the upcoming Wii U, seeing that it's to replace the Wii within the next year or two.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Pokemon XD:GoD was my favorite video game ever, hands down. That being said, I would love to see a sequel to XD (or even a remake, for that matter).

My idea for the next (hypothetical) installment would be the main character, a relative of Micheal, is in another new region when Cipher takes over.

That's all I really have. :p
In my opinion, PBR was one of the worst games I played. It may seem like I'm exaggerating, but all it literally was was XD minus everything that made XD great. -K

I agree with this, XD was great, PBR was terrible. Wii-U Shadow Pokemon game would be the best day of my life.

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
Too bad I have to buy a Wii U to play it, since the Wii's lifespan is coming to end. I don't really care if it has Shadow Pokemon, as long as it's an RPG, I'm cool with it.

This also raises one question: Will the DS systems be compatible with the Wii U? Because I don't want to go out and buy a 3DS just to connect with the game.

Last edited:

BCVM22

The notion of asking about hardware compatibility for a game that doesn't exist (and for which there is absolutely nothing to suggest it will exist) is... surreal, at best.

The DS family is dead hardware but for the occasional last gasp and logic dictates that future Pokémon titles will be developed and released for the 3DS, if that's what you're asking...?

AnimeloverGal

Anime lover
It wouldn't be on the wii they would put it on the wii U and you use the pokemon on the second screen

I thought I was done buying new nintendo consoles for a while, now I need to save up for a Wii U (I hope it will be as good as it sounds) and I hope this 'sequel' will have 1/2 the amount that the gc had (seeing though they hav 2 extra generations to add on to. and away to get all the legends and starters

Chingchar

Seeing the recoil, some of the ways a Pokemon would move to attack, the fainting sessions, an unhooked Magneton...

Yeah..... Remember how long it took for togepi to faint.

Anyway I do think that if they didn't do an RPG on the wii it would be a bad move and they would lose a lot of money and since everyone is begging for one they probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.