• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon XD Sequel for WII???

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
How about just a Main Series Pokemon game, like Red or Gold or Ruby or whatever, for the consoles only? Seeing those games with enhanced graphics on the big screen would be awesome!

Garch0mp0utrage

SemiPokemonUnMaster
How about just a Main Series Pokemon game, like Red or Gold or Ruby or whatever, for the consoles only? Seeing those games with enhanced graphics on the big screen would be awesome!

I can totally imagine an XD sequel for 3ds. Now that would be cool.

Not too sure about a wii sequel, they might come out an XD sequel on a new version of the wii, but I wouldn't be too sure...

Quagsireking

I am the king!
I can totally imagine an XD sequel for 3ds. Now that would be cool.

Not too sure about a wii sequel, they might come out an XD sequel on a new version of the wii, but I wouldn't be too sure...

With kyruem as the main shadow poke

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
With kyruem as the main shadow poke

Awesome though that sounds, the concept of a man-eating Dragon being turned into an evil Man-eating Dragon without scruples (and possibly table manners) scres the bajeebers out of me.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
^ That's part of what makes a Shadow Kyurem seem awesome. It would certainly increase Cipher's threat level. And just imagine if the hypothetical XD sequel was released after the Unova capstone game, with a potential alternate Forme of Kyurem wrecking havoc as a Shadow Pokemon . . .

I think Regigigas would probably be more likely, however, as the current method to obtain it relies on using 3rd Gen games to get the other Regies into D/P/Pt, or the event one from Platinum. As it's the current "furthest removed" from the most recent games in terms of obtainability, it has a lot of points going for it.

The beast trio, Ho-oh (though not a shadow itself), the bird trio, and Lugia were in Colo/XD in part because the 3rd Gen was a "new beginning" that did not allow you to trade your Pokemon from Johto/Kanto (later just Johto, but the bird trio is associated with Lugia, so they were included with it). The closest to being in the same boat as Lugia and Ho-oh were in Gen 3 are Regigigas and the Regi trio. Shy of being included in an RSEmake/sequel along with its Regi bretheren (which I do see as a possibility), Regigigas will likely continue to be one of the harder to obtain non-event-only legends. The other 3rd Gen legends, the Lati@s and the Weather trio, are available through HG/SS. The other Sinnoh legends are obtainable in D/P/Pt without a 3rd Gen "step" to go through first.

The downside is that it lacks a hidden ability. My hopes are that the increasingly unlikely sequel would allow you to get Pokemon with their hidden abilities - basically an upgrade of how Gale of Darkness provided special moves for purified Shadow Pokemon. At least the other Regis could benefit.

I could see the focus being on the 5th Gen, though. The Muskedeers could play a role (esp. if Keldeo was released in a similar manner to the bonus disc Jirachi in Colo). Or one of a legendary pair (either Kyogre or Groudon or Reshiram or Zekrom) to follow the "pattern" of including a corrupted version of a duo in the spin-off games (Shadow Lugia/Primal Dialga) with a non-corrupted counterpart playing some role (Ho-oh in Colo, Palkia in post-game Mystery Dungeon 2).

All this said, I don't think a "sequel" would have to be a literal sequel. I'd be happy if we got a game with a decent story that followed the battle mechanics of the main series the same way Colo/XD did even if it didn't relate to Orre or Shadow Pokemon. Something using the same basic rules of the main series, but with a story line that sets ot apart, is what I loved most about the Orre games. I found that it expanded the world of Pokemon to be more than the badge quest of the main series while still beliveably being set in the same universe (unlike PMD) and still revolving around turn-based battling (unlike Ranger). It shows that the "Championship" and "badge quest" focus is common in some regions, but other areas of the Pokemon world have different focuses and other trainers have non-Pokemon League related goals. Even if they never return to the concept of Shadow Pokemon and just leave Ardos's foreshadowing hanging, a decent story that expands on the Pokemon world is all it really needs.

As Orre focused on the Gen 3 introduced Double Battles, what do you think the chances are that a Gen 5 equivalent would have Triple/Rotation Battles as common battle formats?

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
All this said, I don't think a "sequel" would have to be a literal sequel. I'd be happy if we got a game with a decent story that followed the battle mechanics of the main series the same way Colo/XD did even if it didn't relate to Orre or Shadow Pokemon.
isn't that what Battle Revolution was?

The Muskedeers
Buh-dump bum.

You know, the more we talk of unlikely sequels and how cool it'd be with 5gen, the more I wish I knew something about making PKMN game hacks...

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
ok, even tho i like eeveelutions, no more eevee!
start with dragon tupe!

choosable features(gender, outfit color etc), special wi-fi downloadable content(pokemon, retro outfits, etc) and an epic miror b decendant(u no u want one)

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
You know, the more we talk of unlikely sequels and how cool it'd be with 5gen, the more I wish I knew something about making PKMN game hacks...

I am seriously with you there.....however isn't that kinda illegal....if you get caught?

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I am seriously with you there.....however isn't that kinda illegal....if you get caught?

I don't \know. If you poke arounf the interwebz, there's a whole culture to buying the cartridge and re-ripping th map into a new, custom game. New regions, expanded regions, harder versions; It's almost a phenomonon, so either Nintendo doesn't care because it still means buying the things, it falls into "Customization/Kitbashing" catrgories in other hobby interests, or its too big to take down.

I said "with a decent story." I've never played Battle Revolution, but I didn't think it had a story mode.

Point.

I haven't either, I just spend too much time on Bulbapedia. I thought there was a plot, consisting soloey of "go here,beat them, move on." Which doesn't exactly count, but...

Last edited:

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Okay....hmmm...now i have to look into this whole thing and see what is actually out there....then look into the laws. Dang it now I am going to go off on some crusade....

BCVM22

I don't \know. If you poke arounf the interwebz, there's a whole culture to buying the cartridge and re-ripping th map into a new, custom game. New regions, expanded regions, harder versions; It's almost a phenomonon, so either Nintendo doesn't care because it still means buying the things, it falls into "Customization/Kitbashing" catrgories in other hobby interests, or its too big to take down.

Okay....hmmm...now i have to look into this whole thing and see what is actually out there....then look into the laws. Dang it now I am going to go off on some crusade....

Make no mistake: the fangame hacks are 100% illegal, technically. You are taking copyrighted and trademarked elements and code and using them without any semblance of permission from the entity that owns those trademarks, copyrights and codes.

The rub exists in the simple reality of the matter, that most of these fanhacks - themselves really not able to hold a candle to the real deal - are not sold for profit (which has been a legal grey area since someone first put pencil to paper and posting the first piece of fanart/fanfiction) and that most of them are simply beneath Nintendo's notice. They could, make no mistake, march armies across the Internet and hit everyone involved with fanhack projects with C&D orders. They simply choose not to for the most part, given that the projects don't really have the ability to hurt their sales.

So if you really wish to devote your time and resources to such a project, so long as you don't try and make a profit off of it and so long as it doesn't become popular enough to really be the subject of notice or ire, chances are you won't be taken away in the night by Nintendo's elite Mobile Assault Recon Insurgency Operatives. But at the same time, realize that A. you're devoting your time and resources to a fanhack (seriously?) and that B. doing so with a more fully-realized console game like Colosseum and XD is such a monumentally different beast than doing so with a 2D handheld title.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Make no mistake: the fangame hacks are 100% illegal, technically. You are taking copyrighted and trademarked elements and code and using them without any semblance of permission from the entity that owns those trademarks, copyrights and codes.

The rub exists in the simple reality of the matter, that most of these fanhacks - themselves really not able to hold a candle to the real deal - are not sold for profit (which has been a legal grey area since someone first put pencil to paper and posting the first piece of fanart/fanfiction) and that most of them are simply beneath Nintendo's notice. They could, make no mistake, march armies across the Internet and hit everyone involved with fanhack projects with C&D orders. They simply choose not to for the most part, given that the projects don't really have the ability to hurt their sales.

So if you really wish to devote your time and resources to such a project, so long as you don't try and make a profit off of it and so long as it doesn't become popular enough to really be the subject of notice or ire, chances are you won't be taken away in the night by Nintendo's elite Mobile Assault Recon Insurgency Operatives. But at the same time, realize that A. you're devoting your time and resources to a fanhack (seriously?) and that B. doing so with a more fully-realized console game like Colosseum and XD is such a monumentally different beast than doing so with a 2D handheld title.

Makes sense, and as to the last part, the only reason would be because I like Orre, and I doubt we'll see it again or get to see the Shadow 5 Gen.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
It wouldn't be on the wii they would put it on the wii U and you use the pokemon on the second screen

Kitsunetsuki

Guardiana Cristálica
I'd like to see on a possible sequel:

- An improved Battle SIM, with more than a houndred battles to unfold!

- A character with customizable features, such as hair, head, skin, clothers, etcetera.

- PLEASE! MAKE THE PLAYER TO CHOOSE ITS GENDER! (Yep. I know you would love to play as a guy or a girl whenever you want).

- Some Colosseum / XD Music remixed, specially the Battle SIM and the Pokémon Colosseum's normal battle songs!

- Maybe more than two houndred shadow Pokémon? GREAT!

- 5th Gen. Pokémon, just for making things more interesting.

- New criminal organizations!

- Please, make some characters return, like Mirror B. (Hands down, you love him), Cail (the gatekeeper from Pyrite City), Gonzap (from Colosseum), and others.

- Longer storyline. I hope they hear us!

- More wild Pokémon to catch, at least making a list of 50 wild catchable Pokémon.

- Better PDA, and the use of Wi-Fi properties to communicate with real friends!

- Wi-Fi Battle mode, with random matchup and GTS. AMAZING.

- Introduce more memorable characters. WE LOVE YOU MIRROR BOY!

- Downloadable content for the regular DS.

- Extra content for the DS, like some downloadable rare Pokémon, or items.

- Of course, capacity of communicating with the following games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black and White.

- A new redesigned Mt. Battle!

- Allow two players to play the game simultaneously. (So you can have a companionship always with you!

- Ability to use the GameCube's game controller, with, of course, the Wii controller. Why not? Maybe we could use the DS, too.

- Harder difficulty. You'd die for it.

- Many extra areas, so you can keep playing the game even if you finish it.

- A COMPANIONSHIP POKÉMON, LIKE WHAT HAPPENED IN POKÉMON YELLOW/HEARTGOLD/SOULSILVER.

- PLEASE! I KNOW YOU WOULDN'T EVEN MIND THIS ONE! At least, make possible to have TWO SAVED DATA GAMES. YES. YES. SO YOU CAN ERASE ONE AND START IT OVER WHILE HAVING ONE COMPLETED, SO NO WORRIES AFTER ALL!

Many ideas, I hope they sound quite decent for you. Sorry for putting up so much, but I had to give you some ideas I had while I was writing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.