• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon XY English Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Champion
I liked it a lot, but it could've been a lot better if it were a little longer.

laneg1077

Radio DJ
I loved it.
Black and White were supposed to be a big "reboot" of sorts to the franchise, but I don't think it ever really hit the mark.

With X and Y, however, both the games and anime so far have made quite the splash.
I'm glad they went back to the roots on this one and gave it a modern facelift. Hearing that theme, though remixed, stirred up massive nostalgia and actually encouraged me to watch the first two episodes, which I thought were excellently done.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the series has to offer!

Pokegirl0102

Yeah the reason it may be bad to some people because of the time constraint, i really loved the guitar playing in it. so i cant wait until the full opening is released

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I haven't atcually heard the opening, but I have heard Shadowlink's instrumental remix of it.

It sounds really nice, though the I still have to see about the vocalist (haven't heard him yet.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b7OqteCfMM

Ke$ha

Banned
I thought it was so cheesy. I like the original first opening and I was offended by how lame the new version was. They shoulda gotten a better singer or something and made the opening longer.

NPT

Just a member
To be honest, I think the XY opening is awesome. Too bad TPCI couldn't make it longer because of CN's commercials.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
To be honest, I think the XY opening is awesome. Too bad TPCI couldn't make it longer because of CN's commercials.

We'll likely get the full version in the movie.

Jimmy Ray

Banned
I liked the new opening. It made me shed tears of nostalgia. I hope the full version is shown in the next Pokemon film.

Chrissy01

Shiny Collector
I love how they brought back the old theme and the "who's that Pokemon" to the show. Hopefully any kids watching will be able to experience Pokemon like we, the 90's kids (I'm 19), did growing up. I agree with Vernikova's thought of how the theme would have been better should it had been longer, but at least they are going back to the beginning and how for once Ash isn't an idiot and is able to remember the Pokemon he has already met, without having to use his Pokedex, along with how he does not act as if This is his first journey and just a trainer starting out. How the writers keep him at ten years old still annoys me, but they have to try and keep their younger viewers interested so it is understandable as to why they do that.

Over all, I love this season of Pokemon already! ^-^

CupidKirby

I was so excited when I heard the opening that I ended up showing it to both my closest internet friends who watched Pokemon "back in the day" but recently got back into it after hearing about X&Y. We all loved the song and were crying nostalgic tears. Though it stands small in the light of the older pokemon themes. If I had anything to complain about with TPC's openings is that they play it safe and when they don't, it ends in a disaster like the Diamond & Pearl rap. Use more sound effects, make certain instrumentals cut off; 4kids wasn't afraid of doing that kind of stuff and they got amazing openings from it. I'm just not used to a version of "Gotta Catch 'Em All" that's so peaceful when it's supossed to be an action-packed song with explosions in the background. I hope that's something they add in the full version.

Other than that bit of 'umph' missing, I really like the opening!

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I was so excited when I heard the opening that I ended up showing it to both my closest internet friends who watched Pokemon "back in the day" but recently got back into it after hearing about X&Y. We all loved the song and were crying nostalgic tears. Though it stands small in the light of the older pokemon themes. If I had anything to complain about with TPC's openings is that they play it safe and when they don't, it ends in a disaster like the Diamond & Pearl rap. Use more sound effects, make certain instrumentals cut off; 4kids wasn't afraid of doing that kind of stuff and they got amazing openings from it. I'm just not used to a version of "Gotta Catch 'Em All" that's so peaceful when it's supossed to be an action-packed song with explosions in the background. I hope that's something they add in the full version.

Other than that bit of 'umph' missing, I really like the opening!

I'm surprised by this, most nostalgic fans I've seen online seem to hate this song and view it as an insult to the original.

I also think they should have used this song for BW more than XY though. BW was obviously intended to be a throwback to Kanto with Iris/Cilan having similar roles to Misty/Brock. XY on the other hand seems like a blatant AG throwback, with the new quartet resembling their Hoenn counterparts. With Serena being indecisive like May, Bonnie essentially being Max as a girl, and Ash only having one starter again....perhaps they should have done a new version of the first Pokemon Advanced opening for XY instead.

I'm surprised by this, most nostalgic fans I've seen online seem to hate this song and view it as an insult to the original.

I also think they should have used this song for BW more than XY though. BW was obviously intended to be a throwback to Kanto with Iris/Cilan having similar roles to Misty/Brock. XY on the other hand seems like a blatant AG throwback, with the new quartet resembling their Hoenn counterparts. With Serena being indecisive like May, Bonnie essentially being Max as a girl, and Ash only having one starter again....perhaps they should have done a new version of the first Pokemon Advanced opening for XY instead.

If that's the case, XY being a throwback to AG, then we really need some better writers for the show...

tonnychen

So it seems like they're remixing the 1st theme song for the English version of this season. That is awesome!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I used to like it when they used to put some creativity into the theme songs. Now they don't seem like they are giving a cent.

HMSSparky

Team Rocket Trainee
Just listened to it and... it's just not that good to me. I liked the original song but this one doesn't compare to it. I didn't realise it at first but the sixth generation is solely catering to those who loved generation one. The more I look at it the more I realise it is true. Back to the opening theme, they could have easily made a better one that wasn't just a remix and was its own thing which is my main problem with X and Y.

I liked how they remixed the very first Pokemon song I remember. It's main problem for me (and other recent openings) was that it was too short. They need to make the intros longer again.

I liked how they remixed the very first Pokemon song I remember. It's main problem for me (and other recent openings) was that it was too short. They need to make the intros longer again.

Don't worry. As everyone else said before, longer versions of the openings tend to appear in the movies. So, we can only hope that when the seventeenth movie airs in English, they would have incorporated a longer version of the opening as the intro song.

Status
Not open for further replies.