• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Yellow on Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
I was crusing through the App Store on my iPhone4, and found what appeared to be a ninety-nine cent download for the full Pokemon Yellow game. At first I thought it was too good to be true. In the description however, it says 'just like the original, hundreds of hours of gameplay, and, identical to the original'. It also had screenshots of the actual game.

So I downloaded the app, and opened it, just to have it close itself over and over again. From what I read online from the App Maker, the game is being plagued by bugs and they are working on a fix, but it should be fixed soon. If it ends up being corrected, this could be pretty huge.

Has this happened to anyone else with this app? and if so, is there any news on the status of the bug fixes?

Chaos Rush

It's a fake app. The company that released it has also released a couple other questionable apps (all 3, including "Pokemon Yellow" violates copyright infringement).

Surely you didn't think it was suspicious that none of the official Pokemon sources (or fansites like Serebii) has absolutely no information on this app? Yeah, it's fake. And there are no bugs. It's supposed to do that. It shows a picture, then crashes.

Unfortunately checking for copyright is not part of the review process of getting an app approved, which is why stupid scams like this are allowed to happen.

Last edited:

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
You're right, I should have realized that. My enthusiasim got the better of me and I didn't even think to check obvious sources lol.

Thankyou

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
You're right, I should have realized that. My enthusiasim got the better of me and I didn't even think to check obvious sources lol.

Thankyou

Common sense would have told you that Nintendo and Game Freak would never release a Pokémon game on the Apple store.

Psychic

Really and truly
Question answered. Be sure to check official Pokemon news sources in the future. :)

~Psychuc

Status
Not open for further replies.