1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon you feel best represent characters.

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 5, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

Here's a Did You Know Fact for ya. Did you know that according to Pokemon lore, it's not always the trainer who chooses the Pokemon? It's the Pokemon who chooses the trainer? It's a piece of lore stated by some characters in the Pokemon Adventures manga, how Lysandre looks like his Pyroar or how Plumeria looks somewhat like her Salazzle. Some characters in Pokemon Adventures literally have teams built around their personality and characteristics. For example Diamond (Lucas) has a slow tanky team built around his mellow personality of loving food, being given Torterra. Pearl (Barry) has a extremely fast and furious team built around his more aggressive impatient personality, being given Infernape. Platina (Dawn) has a elegant and graceful team built around her more calm cheerful but elegant personality, being given Empoleon. These are great examples of how Pokemon best represent their trainers. So what Pokemon do you think best represents certain characters from any Pokemon medium?

[​IMG]
    I now pronounce Lillie and Mimikyu as Trainer and Pokemon.

2. Olympia looks like Lunala, but she doesn't have one (yet).

shoz999 likes this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

I think that Psyduck kind of fits Ash sometimes. Sometimes Charmander fits him too along with Charmeleon, given his occasional hot headedness. Can't just pick one there.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Ignition

Ignition Why are the angry characters always the best ones?

Pretty much all of Ash's Pokémon fit his stubborn & speedy style

5. shoz999

You know whose James's representative Pokemon? I'll give you a hint.

[​IMG]

6. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

A bit obvious, but N and Zoroark

shoz999 likes this.
  7. shoz999

That's definitely an obvious one. I don't know about the anime but in Adventures manga, N and Zorua have built quite a bond to the point Zorua wants to stay with him the most.

But you know who would be the perfect fit? Misty and Gyarados lol.

8. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

So a lot of the people in pokemon are made to look or act like their signature pokemon which is a form of cohesive design.

I personally like how well Guzma and Golisopod fit together. Karen and Murkrow also have good chemistry.

shoz999 likes this.
  9. shoz999

I think this is a pretty obvious one, Red and Pikachu. Yeah! You probably didn't know there was a Red's Pikachu card was there! Personally I think this is one of the best artworks of Red and his Pikachu as simple as it is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  10. Prof. SALTY

Pfft! I did know about this card and tbh it has some of the worst visual design I've ever seen in the TCG. The artwork is amazing but the rest of the card is a hard fail from artwork placement to background design. They are a good match though

11. shoz999

You know I feel Red has at least up to three Pokemon that represent him. There's the iconic Pikachu with his energetic behavior and there's Venusaur who represents the serene kind side of Pokemon which also represents Venusaur. However I feel one that should get at least an honorable mention is Poliwrath from Pokemon Adventures. In Pokemon Adventures, Red's first Pokemon is a Poliwrath however that's not the major reason why I said this. For those who don't know the reason why Red's first Pokemon is a Poliwrath is that it's based on the fact that Satoshi Tajiri's favorite Gen 1 Pokemon is a Poliwag. Some fans believe that Red in general is actually based on Satoshi Tajiri himself through his love of collecting of insects or at least is a representation of that.

12. Prof. SALTY

I think Poliwhirl fits that mold a lot better. Having only read parts of Special, the character of Red in my mind has mostly been influenced by old Red and Green art as well as all his non-playable appearances and FRLG promotional merch.