• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you Like but would never have in your team?

XXD17

Draco rex
froslass, linoone, zangoose, seviper, arbok, bibarel, rapidash, klinklang, braviary, kingler, leafeon, honchkrow...

Palkia98

Donphan, electivire, kingdra, so many others, torkoal, SALAMENCE ive never gotten my hands on a adamant/timid bagon and that sucks..

Boredom

Dunsparce, it's not exactly the best for battling

Victory

Banned
Ampharos...if only that speed stat were better...

GrassTypes.

Nidoking, bad stats in general, unless a FR/LG Playthrough.

Crumbles

Going to be very predictable here and say Pikachu because, well you can guess but using it in the games just doesn't work...

Actually yeah I guess you're right. Umbreon is my favorite pokemon of all time, but it only works well in competitive. In game it's even kind of difficult to go through the elite four, he doesn't die, but I set him up as a wall, so the only attack he has is faint attack, and given his crap attack stat, he's not very good in game.

I use Umbreon as one of my main pokémon in game, and it works great! I guess it really depends on what moves you use. My moveset: Faint Attack, Screech, Confuse Ray and Moonlight. I use against 3 of the 4 elite four in Black (of course not against Marshal ;) ).

On topic, I love Absol, but it is completely unusable, even in game. If only it had some speed...

unstopable373

Donphan, electivire, kingdra, so many others, torkoal, SALAMENCE ive never gotten my hands on a adamant/timid bagon and that sucks..

Mixmence ftw

really, I don't have a favorite I would never use, if it's one of my favorites, I try to fit them into my team everytime I build one (which is pretty darn often)

but for the sake of discussion probably Whiscash since I prefer Gastrodon/Swampert to it.

PsychicPsycho

I considered using Cryogonal, but decided against it after I saw its defense stat.

Also, I've decided I don't want to use legends during my playthrough. I was quite annoyed with the ending setup in B/W, because to see what kind of stats my legend had, I had to remove one of the pokemon I'd played through most of the game with.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I considered using Cryogonal, but decided against it after I saw its defense stat.

Also, I've decided I don't want to use legends during my playthrough. I was quite annoyed with the ending setup in B/W, because to see what kind of stats my legend had, I had to remove one of the pokemon I'd played through most of the game with.

Ah yes, Cryogonal's crippled Defense stat...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Celebi, Snover/Abomasnow or Exeggcute/Exeggutor, they each have 7 weaknesses (including a double weakness).

I really like Miltank but I wouldn't use it in competitive battling. Considering I haven't started playing in the lower tiers yet.

What? I tried a Miltank in the Battle Frontier in SS and she disabled lots of male opponents with Attract!

Last edited:

Illif

Banned
Ferrothorn,Tyranitar, and pretty much every pokemon in the high OUs.

oh, you nonconformist hipster. =P

the eveelutions, with the exception of Jolteon and Umbreon.
the others are just...

bleh.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Serperior, it's weak compared to the other starters.

Ditto, i love ditto but i would never have it on my team cause of its moves

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
i would love to use sableye, but its too weak & it learns terrible moves :p