1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon you like that everyone else seems to hate

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by PineapplePizza, Jan 2, 2019.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Would shiny colorations count for this list? I think I might be in the minority for liking shiny Rapidash over shiny Ponyta

2. dannymusic

dannymusic The Smiling Trombonist

Kecleon and Castform both had pretty unique gimmicky abilities for Gen. 3, and though neither one of them is particularly good, I still appreciate these pokemon from a design perspective

JensV95 likes this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I like most of the Pokémon tbh. But the ones that I like that aren’t that popular are Stunfisk for its unique typing, Castform for its weather forms, and Binacle.

4. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

There's a lot of Pokemon that, even if they're weak, I like because of their design. Such as Delibird. It's just such a charming and compassionate Pokemon that even if it's near-useless in battle, I smile whenever I see it in the wild

dannymusic likes this.
  5. 20LigerZero16

20LigerZero16 "......"

I've seen a lot of people hate Mewtwo for some reason and I really don't understand why.

Mewtwo is a cool Pokemon and imo he's still the best Legendary Pokemon there ever was.

I still remember how epic he was in the first Pokemon movie. What a badass :cool:

6. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Actually the thing is Castforms abilities and move set are REALLY good. It's just it's stats keep it from being good. They really need to buff that Pokemon's stats.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  7. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Farfetch'd and Ledian.

8. BiohazardXIII

BiohazardXIII New Member

I like Garbodor, Dragonite, Emboar, Seismitoad and Incineroar. I tend to like Pokémon that are often underrated and disliked, as I'm kinda sick of some popular mons tbh.

Ignition likes this.
  9. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Corni: Cute Enough To Protect Me <3 tehe~

Years ago, when the net used to seem so anti-girlyness to me, I used to think I was like the only person who truly liked fairy types....

10. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Not so much "hated" as "overlooked" probably, but isn't Koffing just precious? No matter what happens it's always smiling, always optimistic. It's a brave little trooper.
    ...just a shame about that evolution... :-/

Well, I hope you know better by now. Fairy type is best type ;-)

LadyTriox likes this.
  11. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Zubat gets a ton of hate, and I get why, but I still love it. Crobat made me particularly happy, since Golbat's design was kind of slap a big tongue on Zubat. Now there's an endgame.

Chikorita is certainly a valid starter choice in my mind. Part of how I play pokemon is making choices that play to your pokemon's strengths.

12. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy Types IRL

I like Vaniluxe. How can you not love a two headed Ice Cream cone?

13. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I love my Shiny Vaniluxe! I was looking for a Vanillite in X when the hoarde attacked and literally right in the center of the group. I caught it of course and named it Grape Ice.

14. Thakamizu

Thakamizu Wicked Angel Witch

Exeggutor: I personally have always found it to be really creative and I love its type combination.
    Sunflora: it's cute in its simplicity and has an absolutely adorable cry.
    Hariyama: one of my favourite Pokémon belonging to its type. Gotta love its HP stat.
    Probopass: it's super funny and makes me smile whenever I see it.
    Swanna: what a beautiful and majestic swan.
    Chesnaught: gotta love its vast movepool and rude battle position.
    Bruxish: yeah. It is ugly, (or better "brutto", since its name is reminiscent of this Italian word which indeed means "ugly"), but in a way that absolutely appeals to me.

15. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Bat Pokemon in general to me are very cool, but my all-time #1 favorite will always be Pikachu. I'm a fan of mammal-like Pokemon in general, since mammals are the best animals (you should know - we're mammals).

If Pokemon were a little more realistic, most unevolved mammal-like (and other juvenile animal-like) Pokemon would be unable to breed until they evolve by being classified as baby Pokemon. Only three mammalian Pokemon as far as I know are classified like this - Azurill, Pichu, and Riolu.

EDIT: Just realized I wrote 2 where I should have wrote 1. It's been fixed.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  16. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

I used a Vanilluxe and honestly it's not that bad. It has great special attack and decent defenses. It also learns supporting moves like Acid Armor pretty quickly if you want to and it's attacking moves are pretty alright. I think for an Ice Type it's one of the move solid ones to use. I think the one reason it got overshadowed (other than petty design complaints) was because the meta of gen 5 was filled to brim with fighting types. Poor thing didn't even stand a chance.

17. Nodame

Nodame best pokemon

What Chikorita is not loved? I think it’s only the competitive players, but casual players like myself who appreciate cute Pokémon will LOVE this cutey. Easly my favorite grass type.

I like Venonat too, it seems always forgotten.
    Spritzee and Aromatisse as well.

18. FlashFire926

FlashFire926 Member

Here are just some of my picks:
    Delphox: I really like it's design, which just looks like a mystical mage. Braixen on the other hand, it's just another one of those awkward teenage middle evos.
    Vanilluxe: I don't know why, but I just love the over-the-top absurdness of this design.
    Probopass: Again, same as above. They took nosepass to 11.

and from just recently:
    Grookey: It's an adorable chimp, and I really like it's design. Though it's not my favourite of the three (scorbunny is), both are head and shoulders above Sobble, which is probably the most lackluster starter design I've ever seen. I'm a water type fanboy, and always chooses the water starter. And the fact I'm changing that for the first time since gen 3 should speak volumes about how lackluster I think it is.

Ignition likes this.
  19. Nebbygetinthebag

Nebbygetinthebag Eating Cake

Trubish, Vanillite and Voltorb: Dunno why a lot of people hate them, they are adorable especially Vanillite.
    Sigilyph: Not hated but rather overlooked it has a cool and mysterious design, it also has good stats and ability.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    gwen-watson likes this.
  20. gwen-watson

gwen-watson A Marvel Baby

Vanillite line. I think they're cute and useful.

GARBODOR. Seriously, this Pokemon gets so much hate it's ridiculous. I caught one just as a foil for my Reuniclus, but he ended up singlehandedly saving my underleveled team against Ghetsis, defeating his last four Pokemon with lucky stat boosting, critical hits AND SURVIVING ANY OPPOSING CRITS WITH TWELVE HEALTH. Needless to say, I held no ill will to Garbodor and actually love the guy.

Zubat. Simply because it evolves into one of my favorite flying types, Crobat.

Stunfisk. It's so derpy. I love it.

Nebbygetinthebag likes this.