• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you never realized characters had.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is sort of a "Did you Know" version focusing on Pokemon that people don't realize that trainers had. You can talk about the games, manga, anime etc. I'll start with a well-known character, Johanna.

In the Pokemon anime, Johanna is known as the mother of Dawn and she has a Glameow. Most fans often associate Johanna in-general to Glameow and the thing is this Glameow even appears in the Pokemon Adventures manga, some fans thinking it's a little nod to the anime.

200px-Johanna_Glameow_Adventures.png

In the manga, Lucas & Dawn are named Diamond & Platinum. Johanna is the mother to Diamond while Platinum is the daughter of researchers like in the games if you chose the male option. What fans may not realize is that those who continue reading the manga will find out that Johanna actually has a Kangaskhan.

200px-Johanna_Kangaskhan_Adventures.png

This may seem like a creative choice exclusive to the manga but in fact this is actually Johanna's signature Pokemon in the games. Glameow is a Pokemon recognizable from the anime but Johanna's Glameow has never actually appeared in the games. Johanna's Kangaskhan on the other hand is actually her canon Pokemon in the games who is nicknamed Jumpy and you can actually challenge this Kangaskhan by challenging your own mother in the Pokemon Super Contests at Master Rank. Surprisingly not a lot of people know about this and it's most likely that many of them didn't invest a lot of time into the Super Contests, assuming that Johanna's signature Pokemon throughout the series was Glameow based on the anime. So were you surprised or did you already knew about this?

Last edited:
I didn't remember that Grace (the Kalos protagonists' mom) had a Fletchling until I visited the house again last week and saw it inside. It seemed like a very odd choice of Pokemon for her since she was a Rhyhorn racer, and Fletchling doesn't fit the theme.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I didn't remember that Grace (the Kalos protagonists' mom) had a Fletchling until I visited the house again last week and saw it inside. It seemed like a very odd choice of Pokemon for her since she was a Rhyhorn racer, and Fletchling doesn't fit the theme.
Outside of the Professor's intro, it's the first Pokemon you see in the XY games after you finished naming your character, bumping you into the head to wake you up. It's also quite a consistent Pokemon as it appears as one of Grace's Pokemon in the anime and as one of Y's Pokemon in the Adventures manga, Y or Yvonne being the manga counterpart to Serena of the games who is also the daughter of Grace.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I tend to forget which Pokemon the villainous team leaders use since they're generally only fought during the main storyline a few times. For instance, I didn't even realize until recently that Manyula (Weavile) is Akagi's (Cyrus) ace Pokemon. I was under the impression that his ace was Donkarasu (Honchkrow) in D/P/Pt all along. I also didn't remember that he even owned a Crobat.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I forget most of Ghetsis’ Pokèmon bar his ace Hydreigon so I shocked when he sent out Cofragrigus, Bisharp, Bouffalant, Seismitoad, and Eelektross (and Drapion in the sequels).

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Sometimes I forget that Ash had caught a Beedrill but then gave it away to Casey who was never seen again in the main anime and she never used it during her sole Chronicles appearance so we never really got to see what it was like in battle or even how strong it was.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I don't remember a single Pokemon that the Chatelaines had in Gen 6. I fought each of them once each in X and OR, but none of their Pokemon were worth remembering lol. I also forget half of Hugh's team.