• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you prefer NOT shiny

Luthor

I think shiny Regice is even worse in that regard-harder to determine, and you need to put actual effort since it's a legendary

I'd genuinely forgotten what a shiny Regice looks like. After looking into it you make a compelling argument.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Shiny Gengar pre Gen 6 I disliked. Before it was too difficult to tell the difference between its normal color and its Shiny. At least you can tell the difference in the 3DS games.

Luthor

Shiny Gengar pre Gen 6 I disliked. Before it was too difficult to tell the difference between its normal color and its Shiny. At least you can tell the difference in the 3DS games.

The really odd thing on that is its megaform's shiny is completely different. I can see why you would dislike the base form shiny.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The really odd thing on that is its megaform's shiny is completely different. I can see why you would dislike the base form shiny.

Mega Gengar’s Shiny is flawless and absolute perfection. I dislike Mega Charizard X’s Shiny. It just doesn’t look right. I know it’s because its usual form is black but that green GF chose is ugly. Mega X Shiny would have been better as a scarlet red with either electric blue or pure white flames.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Found another Pokemon I prefer not shiny: Xerneas

Again, this isn't to say that its shiny is bad - I certainly enjoyed the event from last gen. But I prefer the blue color on the original more as well as the black accents vs. the white.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Basically everything that turns green and isn't Espeon.

Green just looks bleh on so many Pokemon, because GF always goes for either a bright neon green or that gross pukey green color. I think I'm one of the few people who actually likes shiny Espeon, though, because I like that shade of green.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Green just looks bleh on so many Pokemon, because GF always goes for either a bright neon green or that gross pukey green color. I think I'm one of the few people who actually likes shiny Espeon, though, because I like that shade of green.

Patrat and Watchog aren’t so bad. I like the mint stripes better than the red. It seems to suit them better in my opinion. Shiny Grimer and Muk aren’t too bad either considering they’re green. It suits them quite well. Glaceon’s new Shiny annoys me because it’s like Gengar pre Gen 6. I can barely notice the difference. I also am not fond of Shiny Buzzwole. It’s coloration nauseates me greatly.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Garchomp. Much like Gengar its hard to tell if shiny unless it mega-evolves.

I kinda can tell the difference by looking at the orange parts of the body. It’s much brighter on the regular form. The Shiny has a dull black body as well.

Luthor

I kinda can tell the difference by looking at the orange parts of the body. It’s much brighter on the regular form. The Shiny has a dull black body as well.

For me the key word there is Kinda. While it is clearer than say Regice its still hard to see. I prefer shiny pokemon to be more visable. Hence why I prefer the normal form

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Zoroark. Im not really a fan of the purple hair, like its much better red. But shiny Zorua is absolutely adorable

Also Pyroar. Shiny Litleo is adorable, not so pyroar

Another knock against the shiny Zorua line is that you can't even tell until it gets hit by something. Though that's just me, you might like the double surprise

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Well my Zorua is part of a party with a shiny Dialga in the back so... ;)

Caught all of the muskedeers recently, none of which were shiny. The only one I can say I really like its shiny of is Cobalion. Also speaking of Dialga, I care more for it’s normal colors (though Primal is probably my favorite), yet I think I prefer Palkia as shiny because it’s brighter.

M.P.

Retired
Gengar and Garchomp. The difference is barely noticeable, and the fact that their pre-evos Gastly and Gible look really cool as shinies makes them even more disappointing.

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Any Pokemon that doesn't have much of a color change from the original (snorlax, pidgeotto, mamoswine, etc.) It just doesn't feel worth the effort to get something with only a slight difference. Know what I mean?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Is Espeon really the only good green shiny? Besides "it was already green" shinies? I for one think it looks good on Beedrill, the Grimer line, Chansey(it reminds me of St Patrick's Day) and Pyukumuku(it fits the cucumber)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I prefer most pokemon to not be shiny, to be honest.

The only pokemon I really like shiny are Ninetales, Umbreon (though I do like its original coloring more), and Ho-oh. Yveltal's shiny looks pretty dope, too.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
The only one that comes to mind is Espeon. Espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon and ir’s sad that I do not like its shiny at all whatsoever.

I’m also not a fan of shiny Weaville. What I do not like about it is the fact that Weaville is the last Pokemon ai could imagine to have a pink and yellow shiny. It’s absolutely horrendous and I could think of a million different possibilities for Weaville’s shiny.

raichu27

Ho-oh (I really its rainbow colors)
Lycanroc (Dusk Form and Midnight form)
Rotom (Doesn't have much variety for its shiny forms)
Heracross (I really like the blue color)
Entei (I like it the way it is)
Suicine (I like it the way it is)
Celebi (I like its green color the way it is)
Wailord (Its blue color fits it really good)
Kygore (I like it the way it is)
Rampardos (I think its blue color goes with it well)
Nidoking (I like it the way it is)
Shaymin (Its green color fits it good)
Victini (I think its body fits good with the top of the head)
Delphox (I like it the way it is)
Aurorus (Its blue color fits it pretty well)
Goodra (I think the colors match really good.)
Zygarde (I like how the green and black match)
Incineroar (I think its colors match pretty good)
Gumshoos (I like its yellow color)
Zeraora (I like its color the way it is)
Xerenas (I like the way it is)

That's all I can think of right now. I'm usually fine with having Pokemon in its regular color.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Pretty much any blue/black Pokemon that are pink/purple when shiny, such as Lapras, Kyogre, Swampert, Sharpedo, Sneasel line, Vaporeon, Dragonair, the list goes on. Most green shinies also look unappealing, like Dragonite, Nidoqueen, Hydreigon, and Poliwrath. I do like green Fearow, Swellow and Druddigon, though.