• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you prefer NOT shiny

M.E.R.255

Triangle Face
Shiny Chansey;113; looks like a moldy egg to me...
I would have preferred her to be yellow/gold to be a reference to the story about the goose that laid a golden egg. ^^

Daizy

I call you honey
Pikachu because the Shiny version has a dark yellow color that looks bad. It almost seems like a pointless difference.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Krokorok is another one. The shiny is just, like, what am I even looking at? It just looks off putting and kind of unsettling.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Excadrill. I'm usually happy about showing off if hard work on breeding results in a good shiny, especially if it is like carefully planned team. Puke flying among sand is never a good combo. I can see the humor in it though... shocking the opponent to loss. :) Shiny Krookodile is not much better.

Some dark Pokemon like Yveltal and Litten line... Bacon is better on my plate than in game...and I wouldn't eat Pokemon. :p

gofishyfish said:
Any Pokemon that doesn't have much of a color change from the original (snorlax, pidgeotto, mamoswine, etc.) It just doesn't feel worth the effort to get something with only a slight difference. Know what I mean?
Agreed. I like Gengar and Garchomp shinies though because it's awesome when they mega evolve like "Surprise~!"

Victorian Rush said:
The only one that comes to mind is Espeon. Espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon and ir’s sad that I do not like its shiny at all whatsoever.
I prefer Espeon non shiny as well but green isn't bad for it.

Same probably goes for Houndour line, the hellhounds look great with their natural colors but blue and darker orange aren't gonna make them more hellish imho.

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Shiny Krookodile looks goofy and not intimidating in the slightest, which is a shame since its base form looks pretty cool when shiny.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Shiny Krookodile looks goofy and not intimidating in the slightest, which is a shame since its base form looks pretty cool when shiny.

I don’t mind Krookodile’s shiny colors and think they are okay. It’s how the band over its eyes disappears that disturbs me. I just don’t like looking at those tiny little eyes. They’re a bit unsettling and look horribly wrong.

PsychoKing47

Weavile. One of my absolute favourite Pokemon, and yet it has such a hideous Shiny. Admittedly, it looks a little better now that, in 3D, its pink has become darker, but who thought pink and yellow made a good colour combination, especially for a Pokemon thats part Dark-type?

CapybaraMage

Novice Shiny Hunter
Weavile all the way. Sneasel looks fine, but oh my gosh. Shiny Weavile is atrocious. Which is a shame, because I think it’s a really cool Pokémon.

I love shiny Carvahna, but Sharpedo just doesn’t look good to me. It’s that dark pink/bright purple I don’t like.

Octillary. Ugh. That is quite possibly the worst shade of yellow I have ever seen in my life. If you could even call it yellow. Brown? Ugly either way. Makes me sad since I have three cute, little, purple Remoraid.

Not that I hate Magcargo’s shiny, but I really wish it had kept that silver color Slugma has.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Most of the Pokémon that turn green when shiny that weren’t already green. You know the ones, stuff like Espeon, Ursaring and Stantler. Their original colours were much more appropriate and in bright green they just look really ill. There exist green shinies that I love though, like Swellow.

I think the shiny that I dislike the absolute most compared to its normal colours is Weavile. I like a lot of pink shinies, but not this one. A bandit turning bright pink really defeats the purpose for me, I hate the pink they used (honestly it looks like its had its fur shaved off sometimes) and the bright yellow feathers make it even worse for me (bright yellow is long leaadt favourite colour) overall. In comparison, I think the normal colour scheme of black and red was awesome, so I definitely prefer it to the shiny.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I know some people like Buzzwole’s Shiny but I hate it. The combo looks ugly. I usually don’t mind green Shinies but this one is just plain awful! And poor Komala’s body stays the same! Why does the log change colors? What so special about some wood? At least make its body a darker shade of blue and a nose that is coal black.

Dragonite. The shade of green makes me think of the times as a kid when you made some painting and always washed your pencils in a cup of water. After some time the water turned the exact same gross shade of green/grey.

Couldn't they stick to pink? I kinda regret evolving my shiny Dragonair tbh.

Another one is Nidoqueen. The entire shiny Nidoran line reverses colors shiny-wise. Male Nidoran, Nidorino and Nidoking become blue and female Nidoran and Nidorina become pink. Then why on Earth does Nidoqueen becomes a disgusting shade of green instead of purple? It makes no sense at all.

CapybaraMage

Novice Shiny Hunter
I know some people like Buzzwole’s Shiny but I hate it. The combo looks ugly. I usually don’t mind green Shinies but this one is just plain awful!

I forgot about this one! I agree, some green shinies aren’t bad, but Buzzwole literally hurts my eyes :(