• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you trust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
Actually, it's Kyogre for me in Ubers. It has great defensive and offensive stats and supports the team well with rain.
I've been using Choice Band Mamo quite a lot lately and it works very well as a revenge killer. People know it is powerful, but never expect it to run a Band even though its attack stat is identical to Scizor and Breloom (though it does lack Technician) In fact, I once used all three of these together for a trio of powerful revenge killers and it worked wonders

Klaus™

Banned
Normally, it'd have to be jirachi, just because of sheer versatility. SpD + thunder wave wrecks everything. But recently, my go to pokemon has been trappertran. In sun magma storm is o so powerful, and couple that wih sunny day and the ability to beat most politoed and its just great.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Hard to truly say given how I'm always shifting around teams and tiers themselves. I get when it comes to OU, Sub + Disable Gengar always had my back when I used it, taking out countless enemies that were a pain like Scizor and Hydreigon (when it got more use). When it comes to the UU tier, I wanna say Houndoom thanks to it's ability to end Chandelure's existence in battle, not to mention wall Scarf Darmanitan when it's stuck in Flare Blitz. Just broke into the NU tier so I don't really have anything reliable, but in doubles it's between Reuniclus and Lileep (I run a Sand team) as both have performed their jobs perfectly

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Charizard...when I was younger, it was so helpful in Stadium helping me clear the Poke Cup alongside Alakazam and Snorlax.

Been playing a lot using an Ice mono-type team in OU and I'd have to say Frosslass, that Fighting immunity helps so much along with being able to set up Spikes and Destiny Bond, not to mention but even without investment, Blizzard still hits hard.

Colt45

Cobalt
Above all other pokemon in competitive battling, I trust Salamence. In fact, my trust in Salamence is made him one of my favorite pokemon, and my signature pokemon in competitive battling. You see, I just started competitive battling back in July, and I was, needless to say, not very good at it at first. I would just randomy throw together random teams with random members on the teams with pretty much no rhyme or reason. One day, it came time to put together a new OU team, and I was debating between Dragonite or Salamence for the final spot. I didn't really care, so I just decided I'd try Salamence for the hell of it. The first match I had with that team, I managed to take out one of the other guy's pokemon, and he took out... 5. The only one I had left was Salamence, and I knew I didn't have a chance, but I wasn't the kind to quit, so I sent out my only pokemon I had left, ready to lose. However, my grim face soon turned into a face of joy, as I swept the rest of his team with a couple of dragon dances and a few outrages(with the help of a lum berry.) After that, my Salamence proceeded to win several other games in the next few days, and he hasn't stopped since. To this day, Salamence is definately my signature pokemon in the competitive environment, and the one I will always trust.

Halkel

Experimentalist
For me, I'd have to say its between Overcoat Mandibuzz, Prankster Sableye and my newest addition in Ferrothorn. I didn't like using Ferrothorn originally because of its overuse. Nowadays I haven't seen a seed of it as much. I actually used an odd combination, that works with its overpowered defenses. It's a Subset so it can use its Support role to stun Fire Types. It's a 3 in 1 pokemon, Striking most pokemon, Walling most moves, and supporting its team and it does it well.

Mandibuzz is my favourite wall of them all. It is designed to be a bulky troll, even taking super effective moves for at most a 3 hit KO funnily enough. Due to the overuse/superior high chance of males appearing in battle, Mandibuzz is pretty much a beast. A friend who prefers Braviary over it even said that out of all the Pokemon I used against him, that birdy is my best one. It won't be good against most legendaries (due to them being Genderless) but I love that bird and trust it with my soul. Mandibuzz is more focused as a Supporter then a Wall.

Prankster Sableye is one I've been trying to make work for ages but thanks to a friend's help, I got one. It's not much a wall but it is more a pest then a fighter under its status as a Supporter. Sableye is pretty much the scout of the team thanks to it's higher priority.

Shinjick

semi pro trainer
I have afew pokemon which I trust Slaking Ninjask Ledian and Bastiodon I tend to use 3 of these pokemon in overused those being slaking ninjask and bastiodon while Ledian I like to use in lower tiers and in the battle subway slaking is my all handy killer who'll I save for just the right pokemon who'd otherwise give me a hard time usealy being a dragon and then one hit KO it with slakings massive attack and giga impact tho sometimes been suprised by a focus sash on a gachomp his never failed me for my uses nexst up ninjask call me crazy but I don't use mine for passing instead I use him for U-turn his high speed I tend to put him at the front of my team to scout and do some damge with U-turn at the same time as letting me change in something good for taking out whatever I'm facing sure you got those annoying first hit moves but usealy they don't bother me much match punch being the least to worry about due to the flying bug typing in the end I tend to deal damage over afew pokemon sometimes even killing one or two at the same time as keep the little bug safe and last of my overused set is Bastiodon who seems to be one of my best pokemon on my team taking down anything without moldbreaker with metal burst or just tanking hits and spreading toxic I've even had him take down half a team in overused which was suprising at best and last of all ledian I love this guy and would use in overused but I doubt he'd ever be useful enough but has been good for me in other tiers mine is an iron fist Ledian with only bug buzz as its only special move which fits in nicely considering as for what makes this guy trustful is the fact it got the punch moves thunder and ice along with drain punch from the move tutors means water flying rock grass bug dragon and so on all can be hit super effective by this little guy and with nice enough speed he outruns most the pokemon I usealy have him fighting so regardless of anything people tell me those are my most trusting pokemon hope to add more to the list with the upcoming gen

Colt45

Cobalt
I have afew pokemon which I trust Slaking Ninjask Ledian and Bastiodon I tend to use 3 of these pokemon in overused those being slaking ninjask and bastiodon while Ledian I like to use in lower tiers and in the battle subway slaking is my all handy killer who'll I save for just the right pokemon who'd otherwise give me a hard time usealy being a dragon and then one hit KO it with slakings massive attack and giga impact tho sometimes been suprised by a focus sash on a gachomp his never failed me for my uses nexst up ninjask call me crazy but I don't use mine for passing instead I use him for U-turn his high speed I tend to put him at the front of my team to scout and do some damge with U-turn at the same time as letting me change in something good for taking out whatever I'm facing sure you got those annoying first hit moves but usealy they don't bother me much match punch being the least to worry about due to the flying bug typing in the end I tend to deal damage over afew pokemon sometimes even killing one or two at the same time as keep the little bug safe and last of my overused set is Bastiodon who seems to be one of my best pokemon on my team taking down anything without moldbreaker with metal burst or just tanking hits and spreading toxic I've even had him take down half a team in overused which was suprising at best and last of all ledian I love this guy and would use in overused but I doubt he'd ever be useful enough but has been good for me in other tiers mine is an iron fist Ledian with only bug buzz as its only special move which fits in nicely considering as for what makes this guy trustful is the fact it got the punch moves thunder and ice along with drain punch from the move tutors means water flying rock grass bug dragon and so on all can be hit super effective by this little guy and with nice enough speed he outruns most the pokemon I usealy have him fighting so regardless of anything people tell me those are my most trusting pokemon hope to add more to the list with the upcoming gen

That was quite possibly the longest run-on I've ever seen.

BGP_

Ever since gen IV Mamoswine has been pretty much a staple on almost all of my teams as he's one of the few pokemon i can actually use well lol. Gliscor also turned out to be a pokemon i could fall back on this gen, but definitely not as much as i can with swine cuz we go back! Always can rely on my baby....my big baby

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I'm going to have to go with Latios. His speed and sp atk are perfect for this meta, letting him run very effective specs and scarf sets. With scarf he always outspeeds the common fighting types and with specs he is an amazing wall breaker. Plus he isn't limited to choice items, life orb sets with recover and boosting sets utilizing calm mind are also incredibly viable.

shadorai

wandering trainer
In Ubers, I'd have to say Garchomp. Weird choice, maybe, but with Sandstorm running, Sand Veil & Brightpowder it can be very hard to take down. I then run Substitute, Swords Dance, Dragon Claw & Earthquake to obliterate everything...of course it doesn't do well against Ice, but I still love its reliability.

this. well, with dual chop instead of dragon claw.

shadorai

wandering trainer

yeah, who needs periods anyway?

Usatoday

Eternal God
Porygon2 i love its ability to ponge dracos like they're nothing, and secondly i tend to love landorus incarnate its just obliterates everything

KokoYoshi

It's kind of tough to call pokemon I trust, but here goes. I like Gyarados, Salamence, Infernape, and Gengar as my offensive choices. All of these are cool looking and I can count on them to punch holes. There's others, but these could be my most favorites. Set-up and sweep or just sweep as fast as you can. Gyara and Sala being the more fun ones thanks to Moxie.

Eeveelutions aren't always the best, but I'm glad my favorite eeveelution and pokemon of all time is still good. Vaporeon. I just love how she's immune to water altogether. How her attack Scald can burn and turn the tide of a battle. Her wish to protect to keep her opponents busy and such. Sometimes, I feel as though she was meant for me despite loving offense. Vaporeon being my B'n'B. I haven't fought extremely skilled opponents with my Vaporeon on my team, but I want to take her and her teammates to good battles to hone my skills as a Vaporeon user....despite how silly that sounds.

MegaUnlimited

YouTube Fresh
Dragonite, Terrakion, Gyarados, and Ferrothorn will always be on my team, the other 2 slots are part timers. Of these very important 4 though, if I were down to my last Pokemon, I'd feel most confident if it were my Dragonite. He's got health recovery, great stats, a solid offensive typing, and fire punch. Oh and don't even get me started on Multiscale. The fact that I use Roost with Leftovers is good enough, but with Multiscale too, on top of some Dragon Dances? Dragonite is just silly.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
In OU, Moxie Salamence. Its great offenses and speed make it one of the best sweepers. I also tend to stick to sweepers more than any others.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
I have quite a few, but I can always count on Gengar.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
i ALWAYS use starmie. hail, sun, rain, doesnt matter. hes probably the best spinner in ou. i tried fortress but he set up hazards better than spinning. my other staple is ferro. he always pulls his weight and sets up hazards.

Status
Not open for further replies.