• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you wished Ash caught

Status
Not open for further replies.
My list is shorter than I thought. The only thing I really wanted him to catch was Eevee and Trapinch.

MattySadler

I didn't realise other people would've wanted Ash to have a Sandshrew/ Sandslash as well. Refreshing to learn that, even at this stage.

Squirtle_007

I will only go with that wild Pokémon he helped on his journeys and didn't kept for stupid technical reasons:

KANTO: Clefairy (stupid Seymour), Haunter, Jigglypuff
JOHTO: Teddiursa, Houndour, Murkrow, Miltank
HOENN: Spoink (It appearing twice was a big troll move), Shuppet, Nuzleaf
SINNOH: Hippopotas, Riolu, Drifloon
UNOVA: Darumaka, Venipede, Ducklett (him or Cilan)
KALOS: Vivillon (him or Serena), Espurr, Skiddo, Amaura (him or Serena, and without that stupid weather reason they pulled out of nowhere)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gen I: Not caught, mind you, but I wish Primeape would've stayed. I'd have been fine with it going to train if it were like Squirtle, and was set a significant time afterwards. They wasted a perfectly good Pokemon
Gen II: Technically not caught, but I do wish Celebi was with Ash in the anime as per the original plans for Pokemon GS. I like the idea that they'd pull a Mewtwo and have it foreshadow Movie 4. Also for his team proper I wanted Ash to get Espeon, as a nod to Red's team. And I don't see why Larvitar couldn't be with Ash provided that, in the box, its with its mom
Gen III: Swablu should've been May's!
Gen IV: Gible should've evolved. Would've been awesome that, if they had to use Trollbias, we'd get an epic Latios vs Garchomp battle
Gen V: Along with a proper Plasma arc, Ash should've wielded Reshiram temporarily, to fight N's Zekrom partner. And I think, based off everything they went through, Meloetta is the one legendary I'd be okay with Ash having on his team.

WaterTypeWarrior

I always kinda wished Ash had kept the Larvitar that traveled with him for the tail end of Johto. Seriously, the thing got more attention during its short time with Ash than his own Phanpy did in all of Johto! I'd also like to see Ash with a Lucario (for obvious reasons) and a Dunsparce since failing to catch one seems to be turning into a running gag at this point.

On the opposite end of things, I actually wish Ash hadn't ever caught Primeape. Seriously, what was the point? He had the thing for like three episodes, and it did NOTHING significant (or at all) outside of its capture and departure episodes! It's like the writers had him catch it completely on a whim and immediately regretted it.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I could choose several for each region, but I'm just going to go with the single main Pokemon that I would've loved in each region..

Kanto? Cubone was the one Pokémon I desperately wanted Ash to obtain and I know I'm not alone with that..

Johto.. Aipom. Sure, he eventually captured her in Kanto during the Battle Frontier, but I would've loved to see her have some decent time on the team before contests came along and her evolution was revealed..

Hoenn.. To this day, I am still desperate to see Ash with the Torchic line. Sometimes I really wish that May had chosen Mudkip, leaving Ash with Treecko and Torchic, while Brock just stuck with the other Hoenn Pokemon..

Sinnoh? If I'm honest, I was perfectly happy with all of his captures (although Aipom should've stayed with Ash). As for an extra capture? Probably Sneasel, because Weavile would've been an absolute menace, thanks to its speed..

Unova's next and honestly he didn't need any more captures to ruin.. However if I was completely reshaping his team and giving them decent treatment, then I would've included Gothorita. I absolutely love that thing, although it's previous and final stages leave a lot to be desired..

Now we're in Kalos and he could still capture anything.. but personally? I'd definitely whack in Phantump to give him something more interesting than your average Vine Whipper..

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I have always thought he should have captured that one Fearow from Pallet Party Panic.It could have saved Ash the trouble of leaving Pidgeot behind.I also think he should have caught the Spiritomb from The Kestone Pops,since he has yet to catch a Ghost-type Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I thought Ash should have captured that Spoink from the episodes "Pearls are a Spoink's Best Friend" and " Clamperl of Wisdom"

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Kanto: Haunter or one of the other ghosts should have stayed, Primeape should have come back for the league.
Orange Islands: Crystal Onix (for brock rather than Ash)
Johto: The Houndoom that babysat Togepi. Maybe battled with Larvitar more.
Hoenn: A flygon. That awesome giant claydol.
Sinnoh: Hippopotas or Riolu, or a Rotom
Unova: Zorua, Archeops over Unfezant
Kalos: Gogoat, Lileo instead of Talonflame (he already has a more interesting flyer)

Grey Wind

I was desperate for Ash to capture a Bagon or an Aron back in Hoenn. I also wish he had kept Haunter, it had an interesting personality and a battling style that would have been different than his other Pokemon at the time. Also ghosts are cool and it's a shame he hasn't captured any yet.

Kanto: I kinda just wish he'd kept Muk on his team instead of going like a third of the arc with an empty slot. Especially since the whole stench thing was pretty much retconned away later.

Johto: Smeargle would have been a great character for the anime, I think.

Hoenn: Ok, really now, why didn't he capture that Spoink? It appeared twice, it had a fun personality, it was freinds with Torkoal...heck, they even teased him having a Spoink later on with that summer school thing!

Sinnoh: Can't really think of anything here, I always thought his Sinnoh team was pretty perfect.

Unova: The Klink family always seemed to me like it would fit him. Plus, he's never had a steel type, has he?

Kalos: Still think it's weird he doesn't have a grass or fairy type yet. Floette could kinda fill both even though it's not technically grass type, but if not, I could see him having Phantump and Swirlix/Slurpuff.

GalaxianEX

The male Nidoran line, simply becomes Nidoking was my ace during my very first complete run of a Pokemon game and has been one of my favorites ever since.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Lucario, even I think it would've have been a good fit for him and that's one of my favorite Pokémon I'm talking about.

the legendary swordsman (or whatever their group name is) why? because in black and white it said they don't like humans thinking their all bad and you had the opportunity to catch them and show them that not all are bad. that would've been perfect for him since he is all about being nice to his pokemon, and he could've caught Keldeo as last and have it be one of the legendary Pokémon closest to him. its such a shame that the writers are allergic to the games plot.

Zekrom, not even gonna go into this one.

and for the time being I am not sure what else

jgga

i would wish that ash catch a hodnege, he never has been a ghost type and for being steel type would be very useful in the gym of laverre city and snowbelle city

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
He should have totally got that Dunsparce from that one DA episode and in XY59.
Also the Haunter he tried to use against Sabrina.
I wouldn't want to see him with a Riolu/Lucario or any legendaries though.

Absketchum

Honedge in current saga no regrets for previous sagas..

Status
Not open for further replies.