• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you would like to see more in the anime

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Excluding the Gen VII Pokemon as SM is still ongoing (while also not including the movies), what Pokemon species would you like to see get more screentime?

For me, Chandelure is one Pokemon I'd like to see in the anime more. Its only proper appearance was with one of the Subway Bosses and for it being a popular Pokemon, I expected it to appear more but alas.

Volcarona comes to mind next as it's only appearance had it be trapped in a cage. For a Pokemon with great stats and such, that was a poor showing of the fiery moth imo.

Tyrantrum is another Pokemon that got the short end of the stick imo. It only appeared in the end of one filler and for being a cool fossil Pokemon imo, it was saddening to never see it again. I know fossils are typically not the best showcased Pokemon but still.

And lastly for now, Yveltal. My favorite legendary in Kalos who's only appearance in the main anime was that one special where even that felt like a poor showcase of the bird.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Spiritomb - I never saw this poor guy again after that "Keystone" Filler episode. It should be one of Cynthia's aces alongside Garchomp but no.

Porygon is an excuse though due to the epilepsy controversy.This also applies on Porygon 2 and Porygon Z as well

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Porygon, Porygon 2, Poryong Z and Porygon a second time.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Any Pokémon like Palpitoad and Boldore who lacked attention compared to other Pokémon on the main cast

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Typhlosion -Funny thing about it it, it made its debut in AG series and not in johto a starter where it is from and even a blaziken made its anime debut before him even after bein introduced a gen later.
Other than that legendaries like giratina and rayquaza should also be present in main anime and not just some film.
And volcarona of gen 5 is also very underrated fire type.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Azumarill, it has never been portrayed as powerful in the anime, despite being one of the best Fairy types in the games. I'd also like to see Sharpedo, Sigilyph, Braviary, Archeops, Cinccino, Volcarona, Spiritomb, Gorebyss and Magnezone being used by various powerful Trainers in the show.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Honestly, I think Porygon deserves a second chance in the anime along with its evolutions. It’s not Porygon’s fault that hundreds of kids suffered seizures.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Tauros and Bouffalant rivalry over Miltank and the Durant/Heatmor relationship has not been shown in the anime or if they were not as much as the Zangoose-Seviper feud. It needs to be done as it is established that certain species of Pokémon don’t get along with each other that well yet is rarely seen.

DannyDiglett

I think these Pokémon deserves more attention in the anime plus the already aforementioned ones (Typhlosion and Spiritomb for example):

Togetic - We only saw it when Misty's Togepi evolved at the very end of the Mirage Kingdom mini arc and when it made a short cameo in the DP episode 'Playing the Performance Encore!'.

Eelektrik - It never had a proper time to shine. Only one shot with an Eelektrik was seen when Pikachu defeated it in a battle on the ship in BW episode 'Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness!' during the Decolore arc.

Klink and its evolutions - For me it feels the debut of Klink and Klinklang in BW episode 'Evolution Exchange Excitement!' is not enough. Klang only made a minor appearance in M14. Even though this evolutionary line is not very popular, I think every Pokémon deserves at least one main focus. Not only that, these are along with Mega Aggron and Registeel the only pure steel types which makes them a bit special.

Porygon and its evolutions - I agree that Porygon (and its evolutions) deserves a second chance after the incident that took place almost 21 years (!!!) ago.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think these Pokémon deserves more attention in the anime plus the already aforementioned ones (Typhlosion and Spiritomb for example):

Togetic - We only saw it when Misty's Togepi evolved at the very end of the Mirage Kingdom mini arc and when it made a short cameo in the DP episode 'Playing the Performance Encore!'.

Eelektrik - It never had a proper time to shine. Only one shot with an Eelektrik was seen when Pikachu defeated it in a battle on the ship in BW episode 'Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness!' during the Decolore arc.

Klink and its evolutions - For me it feels the debut of Klink and Klinklang in BW episode 'Evolution Exchange Excitement!' is not enough. Klang only made a minor appearance in M14. Even though this evolutionary line is not very popular, I think every Pokémon deserves at least one main focus. Not only that, these are along with Mega Aggron and Registeel the only pure steel types which makes them a bit special.

Porygon and its evolutions - I agree that Porygon (and its evolutions) deserves a second chance after the incident that took place almost 21 years (!!!) ago.
I agree Porygon is short shafted a lot since that incident. If you’re not going to make another episode revolving around it or it’s evolutions, at least let it appear in a League battle where its presence surprises Ash and makes him wonder how he can take it out when it knows Conversion 2 and Conversion to change its typing around giving a challenge.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Gigalith - Only appeared in that one filler, or at least that's the only appearance I remember. Anyways, Ash's Boldore should evolve. "Too hard to animate" ain't an excuse no more.

Palpitoad - Another of Ash's Pokemon that deserves more. Palpitoad deserves better. Hell maybe goes as far as evolve it, I don't think Seismitoad's appeared more than once either. Seismitoad looks more appealing to the eyes than Palpitoad and would give Ash another fully evolved Water type... which he desperately needs!

Togetic - Only role was when Togepi evolved lol

Swampert - It got ripped off in not one but two generations! Nobody important has ever owned a Swampert.... nobody in XY even owned any Mudkips. I will never let this go... -.-

Chesnaught - Justice for poor Bowser too

Spiritomb - Only that one appearance, when Cynthia makes her inevitable appearance come gen 4 remakes I really hope they show her with one.

Ivysaur - #Ivysaur4Mallow

Raikou - Never got an important role in the main anime, nor in the movies. Suicune and Entei got both however.....

Volcarona - Should have shown Alder with one instead of just Bouffalant

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Gigalith - Only appeared in that one filler, or at least that's the only appearance I remember. Anyways, Ash's Boldore should evolve. "Too hard to animate" ain't an excuse no more.

Palpitoad - Another of Ash's Pokemon that deserves more. Palpitoad deserves better. Hell maybe goes as far as evolve it, I don't think Seismitoad's appeared more than once either. Seismitoad looks more appealing to the eyes than Palpitoad and would give Ash another fully evolved Water type... which he desperately needs!

Togetic - Only role was when Togepi evolved lol

Swampert - It got ripped off in not one but two generations! Nobody important has ever owned a Swampert.... nobody in XY even owned any Mudkips. I will never let this go... -.-

Chesnaught - Justice for poor Bowser too

Spiritomb - Only that one appearance, when Cynthia makes her inevitable appearance come gen 4 remakes I really hope they show her with one.

Ivysaur - #Ivysaur4Mallow

Raikou - Never got an important role in the main anime, nor in the movies. Suicune and Entei got both however.....

Volcarona - Should have shown Alder with one instead of just Bouffalant
Raikou got an important role in the Zoroark movie. The actual Shiny Raikou had a hand in bringing down the villain.

TomRC121991

I will see Pokemon like....
Solrock
Lunatone
Unown
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Torkoal
Mega Salamence
Mega Glalie
Mega Beedrill
Mega Gengar
Mega Rayquaza
Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Scizor
Mega Pinsir
Mega Camerupt
Mega Heracross
Bronzor
Bronzong
Honedge
Doublade
Aegislash
Spiritomb
Tangler
Tangrowth
Swellow
Lileep
Cradily
Skorupi
Drapion
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
A lot of the Megas that haven't been properly showcased yet. My personal list would be Mega Swampert, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gallade.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Take a guess. Hint: You can find it in this post.

D

Deleted member 384931

Dusknoir, Seaking,Glalie,Hitmonlee and Hitmontop

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Amaura and Aurorus
Munna and Musharna
Swampert - if only they give Serena a Mudkip as her addition in her team, she might evolve it 'till it's last stage

Last edited: