• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon you would never evolve and why

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
As the title suggests, what pre-evolved pokemon would you never want to evolve regardless of the advantages it has in its evolution stage?

For me, there's only one pokemon I can think of: Surskit. Reason being, I'm a water pokemon trainer and I like dual-type water pokemon; Surskit is no exception. But when it evolves, it's no longer a Water-type so having it's water attacks is kinda pointless as a Masquerain. Sure it can't learn some tough attacks, but if I were to have a Surskit it wouldn't be for pokemon battles mostly, but instead I would train it for Pokemon contests. I'll use it in battle when I need to, but aside from that I would never evolve one.

If this is the wrong place go ahead and move it.

Last edited:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
For some reason, i would never evolve my Pikachu.

RagingTyphlosion

Game Corner Addict
Spikey eared Pichu! ohhhh.....

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I pretty much always evolve my Pokemon regardless of evolved forms, with the exception of Meditite. I kinda like Meditite, it's a cute blue chimp, but it evolves into... a pink blob.

godudette

/me cresselias
I never evolve Marill, simply because it's absolutely my favorite and I hate Azmarill. For some reason I don't evolve Eevee's either, just because I like adding it to my team for a normal-type Pokemon.

Pokemon I would never evolve: pikachu, skitty, ivysaur (meaning I wouldn't evolve it into a venasaur), sealeo, glameow, and buizel. If raichu didn't always look so fat then I wouldn't mind, but as it is I have never evolved any of my pikachus. Skitty is cute and delcatty drives me nuts. I swear my eye starts twitching everytime I see one, I just dont like it. The rest are because their evo's dont look cute. Venasuar, wailrein, purugly, and floatzel just arnt as cute/cool looking as their pre-evolved forms.

Nagaru

Safety and Seizures
Teddiursa by far. Not only it is my favorite, the fact that it evolves into my absolute least favorite helps a lot in the decision.

Chimecho3000

I pretty much always evolve my Pokemon regardless of evolved forms, with the exception of Meditite. I kinda like Meditite, it's a cute blue chimp, but it evolves into... a pink blob.

Meditite evolves into Ditto?! o_O

STICKTOPIA

Buneary b/c i like to carry it in Pal Park:D

Cornchops

Team Bomba
I think the only one I have ever cared not to evolve would be Piplup because Prinplup and Empoleon just look lame to me. Piplup is just awesome though.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
I don't evolve Vigoroths. Well, at least I don't for the one I have right now in Platinum.

Other than that, yeah, Surskit.

And it's always a debate with myself on whether to evolve Graveler now or later. I mean, both Graveler and Golem are awesome. Graveler looks cooler, but Golem is stronger.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Meditite evolves into Ditto?! o_O

I should have seen that one coming. XDD

Oh, another one came to mind. I would not evolve my Sneasels, since I ave no intention of using it and Weavile looks... off to me.

LucarioLV.X

Pokemon master
I think this counts.I would never evolve kirlia into gardevoir but I would evolve it into gallade hands down!

Unless for competetive purposes, I'd never evolve Monferno. Infernape looks so... eww.

Final

I Submit to No One
Porygon2 since I already have a decent Level 100 Porygon-Z and since Porygon2 can be a very good counter for a number of Pokemon. Also Chansey since I have a Blissey and I can use Chansey for UU Battles.

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I have to admit, some of these are rather surprising. Others I'm not so surprised about. Still, I want to add another pokemon to the list.

Aside from Surskit, the only other Pokemon I wouldn't evolve would be Squirtle. Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon, but I do like Blastoise. I'll evolve one Squirtle, but keep the other as it is so that I can have it for other uses.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything.