• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon You'll Never Use

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~

R/B/Y: Ditto (Unless I was trying that Cooltrainer glitch), Fearow (except that I have a lv. 100 one in a used copy of Red), Golbat (It sucked back then. Sorry buddy ;042;), Voltorb-line, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lapras, Geodude line
G/S/C: Caterpie line, Weedle line, Sentrent line, Spearow line, Unown, Hoppip line, Sunflora, aipom
R/S/E: Mudkip line, Nosepass, Tropias, Seedot line, Feebas (I really fled from one once, before I knew how rare it was. Then I responded with a FUUUU!), Groudon, Kyorge (I have NEVER managed to catch Kyorge in Saphire.)
D/P/Pl:Chimchar line (first line of fire type starters that I hated), Bidoof line, Mime Jr., Bonsley, Happiny, Cresselia, Amipom, Probopass, Tangrowth, Phione, Rotom (Not the mower forme. My Rotom are all permently Mower forme), Chatot, Arceus
B/W:Snivy line (seem TOO stuck up for me), Tampole-line, Heatmor, Durant, Watchog, Purrlion, Genesect, Mandibuzz

probably Ducklett, Swanna, and the Tympole line (cheap Poliwag line copycaters)

XXD17

Draco rex
I have used ALL pokemon before...and the ones that I won't ever use AGAIN are luvdisc, spinda, delcatty, farfetch'd, bibarel, magmortar, seaking, sunflora, castform, and chimecho...

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Unown

Not even in-game. <_<

Certain other "useless" Pokemon can work in-game, (Sweet Kiss, Attract, Ice Beam, Water Pulse Luvdisc has won battles against NPC's in PBR. So has Hypnosis, Teeter Dance, filler, filler Spinda. I was a N00b back then.) has but this thing gets only one move, that can easily resisted, plus it's stats are bad.

AmericanPi

Write on
Seriously guys... all Pokemon are useable.

Unloved

When I first saw them, I thought I'd never use them, ever. Zangoose was both ugly and frail. Tropius was nothing but an HM slave. Sunflora was the ever-so-useless evolution of the Pokemon with the lowest BST.

But then...

Braveheart never fails to impress me, as he has the ability to OHKO opponents instantly with Retaliate. When he joined the team, he was an unloved, hideous weasel. But when I gave him my love and care, he rose from a horrible, ugly Normal-type to the cuddliest kitten in the world of Pokemon. The more I used him and bonded with him, he grew cuter, prettier, and stronger.

Littlefoot touched my heart with his resemblance to the always-adorable and fearless main character of "The Land Before Time", my favorite series of movies when I was a clueless child. As his personality developed, I grew to love him as a friend, not an HM slave. He proved to be stronger than I thought he was, with the ability to counter Rock-types and Fire-types with Earthquake, and he is now a beloved member of my team.

Suncrest appeared in a rare tuft of shaking grass, hiding from the world outside her. When I saw the beautiful and charming sunflower, my first instinct was to run away. But my conscience tugged at me, begging me to befriend the blossoming flower and give her some much-needed love. Now, even though she faints easily, I love Suncrest unconditionally and reward her with Fresh Water for her hard work - after all, fresh water is good for flowers.

After befriending Braveheart, Littlefoot, and Suncrest, my views changed. Before I met them, I was like many other people who posted on this thread - my hate list was filled with "weak", "ugly", and "useless" Pokemon. But not anymore. I now give every Pokemon a chance. Therefore, I must thank my three brave warriors for saving me, for teaching me the true meaning of raising Pokemon: every Pokemon deserves a chance to shine.

Remember, there are no "un-useable" Pokemon out there. Smogon simply hurt some of them forever, by slapping them with the dreadful "NU" label. But truthfully, they are just hidden stars, brimming with The Power N.U. and waiting for a chance to shine. And if you open your heart to them, they will shine for you.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
I don't like using Foongus and Amoongus...I dislike their style...

Gelatino95

Not a tool

Unloved

When I first saw them, I thought I'd never use them, ever. Zangoose was both ugly and frail. Tropius was nothing but an HM slave. Sunflora was the ever-so-useless evolution of the Pokemon with the lowest BST.

But then...

Braveheart never fails to impress me, as he has the ability to OHKO opponents instantly with Retaliate. When he joined the team, he was an unloved, hideous weasel. But when I gave him my love and care, he rose from a horrible, ugly Normal-type to the cuddliest kitten in the world of Pokemon. The more I used him and bonded with him, he grew cuter, prettier, and stronger.

Littlefoot touched my heart with his resemblance to the always-adorable and fearless main character of "The Land Before Time", my favorite series of movies when I was a clueless child. As his personality developed, I grew to love him as a friend, not an HM slave. He proved to be stronger than I thought he was, with the ability to counter Rock-types and Fire-types with Earthquake, and he is now a beloved member of my team.

Suncrest appeared in a rare tuft of shaking grass, hiding from the world outside her. When I saw the beautiful and charming sunflower, my first instinct was to run away. But my conscience tugged at me, begging me to befriend the blossoming flower and give her some much-needed love. Now, even though she faints easily, I love Suncrest unconditionally and reward her with Fresh Water for her hard work - after all, fresh water is good for flowers.

After befriending Braveheart, Littlefoot, and Suncrest, my views changed. Before I met them, I was like many other people who posted on this thread - my hate list was filled with "weak", "ugly", and "useless" Pokemon. But not anymore. I now give every Pokemon a chance. Therefore, I must thank my three brave warriors for saving me, for teaching me the true meaning of raising Pokemon: every Pokemon deserves a chance to shine.

Remember, there are no "un-useable" Pokemon out there. Smogon simply hurt some of them forever, by slapping them with the dreadful "NU" label. But truthfully, they are just hidden stars, brimming with The Power N.U. and waiting for a chance to shine. And if you open your heart to them, they will shine for you.

/thread

You've inspired me to train a Trubbish, just to try and get over my hatred for it. But I won't like it.

XXD17

Draco rex

Unloved

But then...

I don't think it's very much about tiers for me...I never let tiers get to me and choose to use as much a variety of pokemon as possible instead of the o-so-common, ferrothorns, skarmories, and haxoruses...that's why I tend to use low-tier pokes in high tier battles but it still irks me how high tier pokes can't be used in low-tier battles all because a site denoted said tiers...After training and testing them all, there have been success stories especially with ones like garbodor, klinklang, linoone, purugly, dunsparce and stoutland...and then there were the ones that can't do much before fainting like unown, sunflora, luvdisc, spinda, and delcatty...sure all pokemon are "useable" but the extent that their use has value in a battling environment is highly variable...

Last edited:

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Pokemon I wouldn't use since I don't like their designs:
Beedrill
Raticate
Fearow
Parasect
Jynx
Pinsir
Linoone
Hariyama
Illumise
Gorebyss
Ambipom
Lopunny
Purugly
Gabite
Garchomp
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Magmortar
Leafeon
Probopass
Phione
Manaphy
Simisear
Boldore
Leavanny
Cinnccino
Mienshao
Virizion
As you might be able to tell, I don't like overly feminine designs.

BlazingCold

Why all hate derpfisk? And Probopass is sexxxxy dawg

No. 1 Machop Fan

Scraggy and Scrafty. They are based on my worst fear.

The Cardinal

Based Princess
Hydreigon looks like crap and belongs in Yugioh's equally craptastic toon world instead of a Pokemon game. I feel he is the Poekmon equivalent of Counter Strike's AWP, n00bs fap to him purely because of his stats and wussies complain about him despite the fact that he's one of the easier fully evolved dragons to deal with.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Derpfish, Swampert, Serperior, Simipour, Simisear, and more to be thought of.

Oh, Kyogre, Dialga, Ho-Oh, and Zekrom are the legends

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
Although I won't focus on training a possibly weak pokemon, certain pokemon aesthetically suck too much for me to train.

Gothitelle.
Hypno.
Blissey.
Garbodor.
Probably Electrode.
Probably Conkeldurr/Machamp.
Liepard.
Audino.
Exploud.
Pidgeot.
Probably Venomoth.

I'm sure there are more that I'm too lazy to type out.

Lugia, I don't know why but I just hate it. Chikorita 'cause it's awful. Pretty much every Grass or Bug type apart from Serperior :3 Raticate, Raichu, Bidoof (herpderp), Zubat line, Mr. Mime just creeps me out, and the generic Normal & Flying ones at the beginning of each game.

The Pan Monkeys they just aren't good for me they should stop making monkeys
Also this.

Unown

Not even in-game. <_<

I bet most people have never bothered using one after boxing it...

I've never used and never intend to use Dunsparce and Qwilfish. I just don't like them.

I don't use most legendary pokemon either. (barring 3rd gen)

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I can't think of too many I haven't used. I haven't used the likes of Luvdisc, and Pokemon of it's ilk post 3rd gen, but before that I've used every other Pokemon in the game. As of right now, I'm a little less than eager to use Patrat, and for whatever reason Karrablast.