• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*Pokemon Zircon*~

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Okay, you're right about Dale. He has no semblence to any word of steel. Coby sounds like a good name. So his name can be Coby.

On Isobel, I actually did think it through just a few moments ago, to find a good name for her. I didn't like Antonia, so I attempted to stick with Isobel by researching on bugs. And it just so happens that there is a bug called Green Springtail. In latin, that is Isotoma. Her nickname in the game is going to be Izzy if that helps at all.

Gertrude, Sidney is already an E4. He's the first in Hoenn. So I'm gonna stick with Gertrude.

So I've changed Dale to Coby. He looks like a Coby, too.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Just updated the first post with Four Sprites. The Pokedex is up there now. Here's the new Pokedex with the four new sprites.

pokedexvolume2.gif

*Taliage
*Meerfaze
*Amphitide
*Eledon​

Please c+c

Alder

Come at me bro
Couple things.

I love the new guys, but Fire/Rock is a horrible combination. Double weak to Water, which your rival WILL have, and Ground, which will give you problems when everything has Earthquake. Also teh popular Fighting types, will give you problems.

Emoke has teh same type combo, posture, body shape (discluding arms) and basic color scheme as the Fire starters, and seems to be based off fo teh same animal. Also, Emoke and Emkat are very very similar.

Tbh, I liked the old Slinsekt better. At least lengthen and thicken his arms?

When you compare Reptose to Amphitide, Reptose looks like a devamp. I think you need a different color stomach.

Elementman-Novapoke

I love the new guys, but Fire/Rock is a horrible combination. Double weak to Water, which your rival WILL have, and Ground, which will give you problems when everything has Earthquake. Also teh popular Fighting types, will give you problems.

Emoke has teh same type combo, posture, body shape (discluding arms) and basic color scheme as the Fire starters, and seems to be based off fo teh same animal. Also, Emoke and Emkat are very very similar.

Tbh, I liked the old Slinsekt better. At least lengthen and thicken his arms?

When you compare Reptose to Amphitide, Reptose looks like a devamp. I think you need a different color stomach.

For the most part, I agree with Alder.

However, the typing issue could be solved with it's moveset. To me, the Emkat line appears to be the fastest of the starters, so it'd have teh 1st attack. So, it could have a few attacks that could help out with the type issue. It could be able to learn an Electric or Grass attack(s) via TM, and since the Elec Gym is 2nd, it wouldn't take too long to get this.

Yes, I think Emoke and Emkat are very similar. I mean, even the names are similar sounding!

I'm undecided on Slinsekt. They both look quite good...
What about they're alternate formes, or perhaps they could be like Minun/Plusle or Illumise/Volbeat? Y'know, two similar, but different Pokémon?

And yes, a somewhat yellowish stomach would be quite good.

-Raiga-

Man your ideas keep getting better and better, as well as your spriting ability.

While I could comment on all of the others my favorite is Emoke, so I'll just comment on him. To start off I think the rock shields on his arms are a great idea, however I think judging from the width of what you show of the arm that his arms may be a tiny(I'm talking just a bit, like a pixel or so) bit too small to hold up such gigantic shields. If you imagine a human with rock shields that are comparitivly as big as those, anyone without huge muscles could never hold up that kind of weight.

Secondly I think that while it isn't a huge problem, that the marking you have on his head is somewhat hard to see and could be mistaken for a highlight given its color. Perhaps the blue from the other markings could work, or a color from his fire tail.

Last but not least I feel that his right leg(our right not his) looks like its over too much to the right to match up with how big I assume his back its. I personally would move it over about 2-3 pixels or so.

Elementman-Novapoke

Whoah, what's happened? 2nd Page? I go for one day, and this is what happens?

Yeah, I can't joke to save my life.

Anyway, crit.

To me, Groad seems quite flat. I don't really see any highlights on it, which, too me, makes the body seem quite 2-dimensional. So, perhaps a highlight on the head and torso is needed to make it seem less flat?

Why are there so many (okay, 2 out out of 27, but you see what I mean) Pokémon that are normal dual types? I mean, this is with me ignoring Flunny - I've accepted that Normal-Flying now - isn't nomral meant to almost be a lack of typeage? Sorta like how white is a lack of colour. I mean, erg!

Also, I like the typeage to Eledon, although I can't really see the Dragon in it (yet, I assume). It just seems like a little monster to me.

And I have only just noticed Muonti! OH MY! IT'S SO CUTE!

-Raiga-

- I've accepted that Normal-Flying now - isn't normal meant to almost be a lack of typeage?

From what I understand of it, normal is in there not for type coverage, but simply existance. When you think about it, something can live as a fire, a water(drop), a grass, but a flying doesn't make any sense. How can something that isn't able to exist by itself be anything? You might say that psychic or dark can't exist by themself, but something like a psychic connection probably could, and dark refers to dark energy most likely.

At least thats my understanding, but it has to be sort of relevant in game freaks minds, as every flying type without a secondary type getting normal would be a bit odd. Plus I doubt they are doing it just to cover weaknesses, since they don't do it on purpose for other pokemon seemingly. Like exeggutor, which has a good amount of weaknesses.