• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon's 15th anniversary in Japan

idioteque

Two things from my childhood that I carry with me into adulthood: Pokemon and Sailor Moon! At least one of them is still an active franchise.

I remember when I first got Pokemon Blue. I was in the 5th grade, and it was seriously the best videogame I had ever played. I was soooo so so excited to get it, and I never put it down. I remember buying red, getting a link cable, catching the pokemon and transferring them all to my Blue game. I also cheated like crazy, doing the rare candy dupe and getting all my pokemon to level 100. I also bought a game shark so I could get Mew, which is still my favorite pokemon to this day. No other pokemon game did for me what Blue did. The original silver was a close second, it seemed exotic to me because I had it in Japanese, but blue is still number 1.

Twilight Sky

Phantasmic. ★
I'll sum up this post with a post that I made in another forum:

Dear Pokemon,

Ever since at a very young age, you've always kept me hooked onto you. I still can't remember to this day why that's so, but you must be freaking amazing in order to survive to this present day and still be one of the biggest moneymakers of all time, and still be pretty flippin' awesome. I gotta admit, you've come a pretty long way. At first, you had pretty awful graphics, but the gameplay was amazing and it created some major nostalgia and childhood memories. As the games advanced, we got more and more into it, and currently, it's the 5th generation. We have 3D, Wifi, stuff we'd never think could've possibly existed back then.

And guess what? I'm still not letting go of you. It's hard to say when I will, cause I'm slightly getting tired of gaming myself, but you're going to be one that's definitely going to be one of the hardest series to just "get over". You have created a lot of memories, and letting that go is definitely easier said than done. Hopefully you'll survive to the next generation, and that those after us would understand why pokemon has become so popular. Because when I become old and my children want to know why the heck Pokemon became so fun, I'll just laugh, give them a copy of R/B/Y, and just say "it all started here".

P.S: I've never been a fan of the anime, but hey, the games really made up for that, so yeah.

Happy Birthday. n__n;

Captain Brain

Amazing it been fifteen years, although it appears that any major celebrations will be put off til' the twenty year mark. So, a small private celebration will have to suffice until that time. Excellent work to the makers of those pieces of art and thanks to you posters for finding them and sharing them with us. And last but not least thank you Nintendo and Satoshi Tajir for putting together something that inspired our imagination and brought fantasy to our childhood. ;025;

SmartD

It's really been 15 years since the first Pokemon games came out. I remember watching the anime when it came out on TV. Here's to Pokemon for the next few years to come.

Mamono

Need a ditto BAD!!
POKEMON : It's changed my LIFE.

Back when i was a Kid,i had the Original Gameboy. Tetris was fun,Mario Land was fun,but they just didnt cut it. Eventually i saved enough for a decent game and went to the shop. There was the normal boxes but Two stood out,a game called Pokemon. I picked it up as if it was destiny,i looked on the back,it looked awesome. I did eeny-meeny-miney-mo and i ended up Buying Red. I took it home opened the box and the moment i turned it on i was HOOKED. I picked Charmander and battled wild pokemon all day,it was fun,then when G/S was Released i picked up Gold. Gold was a different story,It was even BETTER than Red - was it possible? (not that red was bad,just gold was better) Then Crystal came out,i got it like a fool thinking it was compatible with the Gameboy like Gold was. Oops! I got a new GBC to play it.

Then R/S/E came out,i got a new GBA just to purchase it. Major dissapointment.
FR was fun.

D/P/Pt was okay but i was still upset there'd not been one as fun since Gold.

HG/SS RELEASE!!! OMGGGGGGG!! I cr*pped myself.
Then black and white came out,I never felt the excitement i got since playing Red/Gold again.

Mamono

Need a ditto BAD!!
Plus the anime,oh how i loved the Johto Series,sad they left charizard behind!

And the cards! i loved them too..

R.I.P. my pokemon bedsheets that were thrown out when i wet the bed as a kid :(

Grassette

Treehugger
Its hard to believe Pokemon is 15 years old. It sort of makes me feel old because I discoverd it appoximately 12 years ago. I love that the franchise has lasted this long. I hope it lasts another 15 yearss.

Makes me feel like an oldie too. Can't believe it's been 15 years!LONG LIVE POKEMON!
And I have every anime movie since :3

Last edited:

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
I want Pokémon to be still poular and developed when I have children.

It's 12 years now for me...hmph. Where did that time head to?

Skevengal

Pokémon Rogue
Ah...*tears stream down face* good times...good times...

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Happy birthday pocket monsters!!!!

Swagmander

Hm, 15 just dosn't feel like all that big of a milestone to me. 10 is great, 20 is nice, 25 is quite worth celebrating, but I dunno. 15 is kind of trifling imo.

Ahh! 15 years. Congrats Pokemon. This deserves major kudos.

That second picture is amazing. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work...

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
15 years! Kudos, Pokemon. Here's for 50, and plus (15th generation then? :p) . Does anyone else have the link/name for the video? Can't work on my computer :(

I've been here for 8 years. Not as long as some of you others, but enough to truly love Pokemon, which has played a huge role in my life.