• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeradar Ideas for Platinum

Master Leo

The Dark Side
You know how if you start a chain and you find another pokemon it breaks? well I have an idea that would make it easier. What if when you had a high chain...for example: You were chaining a shinx and you were on 37, then you find a bidoof. Instead of your chain breaking, it just made you go back 1 number and you could continue your chain!

m190049

Local psychopath
1. That defeats the whole entire purpose of chaining. It would make any 7 year old who knows how to use attacks be able to get a shiny.
Getting shinies is supposed to be HARD. Shinies are supposed to be RARE. Thats the WHOLE IDEA.
Of course, this is just another thread about how people are going 'OMFG PLATINUM' and are expecting this game to be the 50000 star titles of their fantastic dreams. Seriously.
2. This belongs in the Platinum ideas thread. I can see this getting closed within the day.

K thx bai.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

Well, chaining is too hard. So hard that no one should do it. I HATE all people who do it well, because I don't, therefore you all who are good at it suck eggs.... lolz

Now, do you believe the statement I just made??

I don't really see how that idea defeats the purpose of chaining, the poster wasn't saying that chains couldn't be broken or chains would be harder to break. It normally doesn't take long to START a chain which is what this is addressing, sometimes even the Pokemon I'm chaining will break my chain.

Champion Jared 14

Not really, because chaining isn't as easy as pie as it is for these self-proclaimed experts. Even for myself, after reading all the guides and countless youtube vids, the highest chain I've ever gotten was 31. Ever. So IMHO, chaing is too damn hecka hard.

m190049

Local psychopath
Not really, because chaining isn't as easy as pie as it is for these self-proclaimed experts. Even for myself, after reading all the guides and countless youtube vids, the highest chain I've ever gotten was 31. Ever. So IMHO, chaing is too damn hecka hard.
Just because you think it is hard, doesn't mean they need to make it easier.
It's SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. Thats the point of it. Shinies are supposed to be RARE. Not everyone is supposed to be able to do it. It's supposed to be HARD. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean you have to complain it's too hard.
You were not supposed to agree with me........
I know. =D

Champion Jared 14

Well, it's a free country, so I'll make your day better by complaining.... lolz, sorry, I'm not like that in person but honestly, I hate chaining, and it's no fun, too hard, if I get a shiny through it someday, fine, but I still don't like it like a lot...

So, then where are all of you're pokeradar shinies if you're so good at it>?

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Like every other person with a brain said, it COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of chaining. It still wouldn't be as easy as walking up and getting a shiny, but shinys would be everywhere and not as rare.

Chaining is challenging and should never be changed, it is perfect as it is.

What is caining?

To keep it simple, it's a technique to get shiny pokemon using the poke radar. Check Youtube or something for a *chaining guide.

Champion Jared 14

Like every other person with a brain said, it COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of chaining. It still wouldn't be as easy as walking up and getting a shiny, but shinys would be everywhere and not as rare.

Chaining is challenging and should never be changed, it is perfect as it is.
No it ain't. Nothing is perfect, as a person with a sane mind will question everything, and challenge it as well. People are still saying that the pokeradar destroys shiny pokemon rarity, and it has to a degree. But there's something else too. Hacking devices. They are everywhere, and you can get hacked shinies all over GTS. So don't tell me who doesn't know what perfection is, or who is lacking a brain, or you would've already known these things.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I didnt make this thread for people to argue. I am not making this idea because I can not catch them myself. I have gotten 19 in 9 days.

kerriganrisevil

it would be nice if it was harder I find! But your idea isn't wrong either but each person to their own opinion. ^^

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
Platinum discussion.
OT: I'm not sure why they didn't let you continue your chain when another pokemon breaks it (continue the chain on the pokemon that broke it). It gets annoying having to walk another 50 steps. Well actually, that isn't a problem if you got a high chain.

That would make it so much easier for me... I have had a hard time chaining pokemon.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
It's not that hard to get a chain to 40 and get a shiny anyway, it will make it extremely easy because the only way you could break your chain is if you walk out of the area or turn off your game.