• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokerus

jumplufflover

Who all knows what pokerus is? I need more of an explination on it because one of my pokemon that I traded from my ruby game to my Diamond game has it. Thanks

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Who all knows what pokerus is? I need more of an explination on it because one of my pokemon that I traded from my ruby game to my Diamond game has it. Thanks

Basically, it's a status effect that makes your pokemon gain EVs quicker. It's a great thing to have, and it's super-rare. If it isn't a pokemon you plan on using, keep it in a Box and use it to infect pokemon that you plan on raising by putting it in the party with them; if it is a pokemon you plan on raising, infect a pokemon you don't plan on using and keep that in a Box to infect pokemon. The infectiousness of the virus wears off after about a day, and any pokemon that is infected by it becomes immune to it, but still gains EVs more quickly; keeping an infected pokemon in a Box will let it stay infected forever, as long as it's taken out of the Box for less than a day.

bdbboy9

As stated above its really rare. However it is also extremely contagious my whole team had it in 10 battles. Very hwlpful to have in ev training

shellshocker107

TOP Co-Ordinator
I'm pretty sure it became more common in diamond and pearl or is I just that I got lucky? Cuz the first time I got it was in diamond and I found it on 2 wild pokemon

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I'm pretty sure it became more common in diamond and pearl or is I just that I got lucky? Cuz the first time I got it was in diamond and I found it on 2 wild pokemon

That's just sheer luck; I'm pretty sure that it's still much more commonplace to encounter a shiny pokemon than to ever even see Pokerus within the game.

Byzantine

3 times as likely to see a random shiny than to get pokerus.

Byzantine

and that is amazing luck on your part. perhaps not the kind you want, but luck rarely is exactly what you want.

That is interesting. I have a ton of Pokemon on my Sapphire and Ruby games. For the longest time I never knew what it meant, but know I have traded some of them over to my other games. It is pretty amazing to have for EV training

ChedWick

Man I loved pokerus when I got really into EVs last year during my pokemon kick. I forgot who I got it from but I managed to get almost all of my pokemon infected and stored a good 20 or so incase I needed to get more infected. BCVM22 provided some great reads about it.

bdbboy9

You can get shinies and pokerus i got pokerus before meeting shiny slectrice

Roxas013

Pirate King
i had pokerus on my saphire. i dnt got da game anymore but back then i didn't kno wat is wuz 4. nd now i jus learnd about EVs nd now i need pokerus