• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokerus

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Who has had this beneficial virus and in what game? Which of your pokemon caught it and who did they get it from?

My Victini got it in Black and White on Victory Road. If I remember correctly, I got the virus from a Heatmor.

I passed the virus on to some pokemon I don't use and traded them to my friends so they could spread it too.

I now refer to my Victini as my little dirty pokemon for catching a virus. :)

So, who else has caught it? It's supposed to be very rare.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
I have it. Once my Pokemon in Platinum got it by battling wild Pokemon, but I spent so much time between then and the Pokemon Center that they actually cured themselves by then. So I set up a Wi-Fi trade with someone who had an uncured Pokemon here.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
You do not have to rush to train your pokemon when they have the virus. You can train them throughout the day and put them back in the box at night and they will always have it when they are in the box. My event shiny Suicune and Entei have it and I will make them spread it to my shiny dragon team when I get all 6.

I have it. Once my Pokemon in Platinum got it by battling wild Pokemon, but I spent so much time between then and the Pokemon Center that they actually cured themselves by then. So I set up a Wi-Fi trade with someone who had an uncured Pokemon here.

Same. My actual team cured themselves. Left them out of the PC boxes for 2 or 3 days and came back and they were cured. But I still have some in my box that have it. :)

Silverwindstudios

The Midnight Artist~
I got pokerus in Pearl by myself.
I got pokerus in SS by trading pokemon from pearl.
I got pokerus on Black from a friend.
When I get pokerus, I transfer it to several pokemon I never use. Then when I have the time, I transfer it to other pokemon to. Thus, I have a never-ending supply of pokerus. >:3

kyogreblue3

take a byte
Once, I went to the GTS, and I traded my Manectric for a Flygon, because Flygons are so cool and I really wanted one :D. Around three days later, when I checked the GTS again, someone left me a Flygon. I had no idea it had Pokerus until I was checking its summary just before my wi-fi battle with my brother. You can probably guess my reaction after that :D.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I had it on HG, i was training on Mt Silver. O checked how long until one of my pokemon leveled up, and saw pokerus

Doctor Quark

Jack of All Trades
I found an Eevee with Pokerus on the GTS a few weeks back. I spread it to a few Pokemon and always make sure to keep at least one Pokemon with it in my Box in case I need to infect more Pokemon with it. I was surprised how quickly I ended up finding it, as I had never encountered it in the wild.

Just thought I'd point out that even if your Pokemon is "cured" of Pokerus, the EV-boosting effect still remains. Your Pokemon just can't spread it to others anymore.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I got it from a wild loudred in ruby but i didnt really use it

DooblyDooHaxorus

Sometimes On.....
Never had pokerus :( I always just save infront of Nurse Joy, heal my pokemon, and if they don't have it, restart the game. Can someone tell me if this works like with legendaries being shiny (besides Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini)

Oh and @kyogreblue3: That Rotom Lickie is the most epic thing evar. EVAR. EVAR!!!!!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Never had pokerus :( I always just save infront of Nurse Joy, heal my pokemon, and if they don't have it, restart the game. Can someone tell me if this works like with legendaries being shiny (besides Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini)

Oh and @kyogreblue3: That Rotom Lickie is the most epic thing evar. EVAR. EVAR!!!!!

No. That doesn't work. You have to battle with someone who has it. And even then it's not guaranteed that you will catch it. But just healing and restarting will not work. You have to battle with someone who has it in order for the virus to spread.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I found out that my whole team had caught pokerus after getting through part of the team rocket HQ in my heartgold! I was so excited and now it is in my soul silver too! :D
You have 1 in like 30,000 chance of catching pokerus!

No. 1 Machop Fan

I got it twice in Diamond (in the same game) and once in White.

If my friend had never given me his Deoxys in a trade in White I would never have gotten Pokerus! I got it from a random Darumaka I caught to give him in exchange, but didn't find out until after trading it away!

Arlo

...and so on...
In Sapphire -
Beat the E4, the credits run, the game auto-saves, and I end up, as always, back in Littleroot Town. And then I realized I didn't even have anybody with me who knew Fly, so I was going to have to actually walk to Oldale Town, to the nearest PC. I briefly considered using a repel, just to keep the pesky low-leveled pokes away, but decided it really didn't matter. Had one level 2 Zigzagoon pick a fight - sort of laughed at the notion and crushed him with my level 50 Swampert. Got to Oldale Town, went into the PC, and Nurse Joy tells me I've got Pokerus. So the walk was definitely worth it.

12morcego12

I also have it. It started back in emerald and since then i transferred it to every game I have, ending with a shiny magikarp in black.

Aegon

I first got the Pokérus in White. I caught it from a trainer in the Nimbasa domes, and soon my whole party had it. I passed it on to some other Pokémon to keep in my PC, to stop the infection clearing.