• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Swifty

Okay, some housekeeping is in order regarding topics.

I'm not too fond of the topic "If you were to encounter Ash and Misty, would you do so cosplaying as either one of them?". It barely has to do with PokeShipping other than the fact that Ash and Misty happen to be in there. I honestly don't see how cosplaying as either one of them has anything to do with their relationship with each other. Sorry Moog, but your next topic was much much better.

"If both Ash and Misty were to perform as the Prince and Princess in the mermaid performance in Cerulean City, how would you imagine it to go? Would it go perfectly? Or would something happen?" however, is a great topic. It plays off of events that actually did happen in the anime while asking for creative input based off of Ash and Misty's personalities and characterizations.

So more of the latter, not of the former, PokerShippers.

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Okay, some housekeeping is in order regarding topics.

I'm not too fond of the topic "If you were to encounter Ash and Misty, would you do so cosplaying as either one of them?". It barely has to do with PokeShipping other than the fact that Ash and Misty happen to be in there. I honestly don't see how cosplaying as either one of them has anything to do with their relationship with each other. Sorry Moog, but your next topic was much much better.

"If both Ash and Misty were to perform as the Prince and Princess in the mermaid performance in Cerulean City, how would you imagine it to go? Would it go perfectly? Or would something happen?" however, is a great topic. It plays off of events that actually did happen in the anime while asking for creative input based off of Ash and Misty's personalities and characterizations.

So more of the latter, not of the former, PokerShippers.

No problem. ^^ Thanks for the advice as a matter of fact. ^^ I've been meaning to make new topics like my last one since I feel that, like you said, they need to be more in topic with Ash and Mistys personalitites. ^^

Although to make up for the cosplay topic, heres another new topic:

If a 'Tower of Terror' accident were to happen to Ash again and once again, only Misty was able to hear him, what would you imagine to happen? Would Ash spring back to life again in a short while? Or would the situation be more serious and he would risk dying? In fear of losing Ashs life, would Misty confess to him? Or would she keep it to herself again? What about Ash?

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
If a 'Tower of Terror' accident were to happen to Ash again and once again, only Misty was able to hear him, what would you imagine to happen? Would Ash spring back to life again in a short while? Or would the situation be more serious and he would risk dying? In fear of losing Ash's life, would Misty confess to him? Or would she keep it to herself again? What about Ash?

Boy, that's complicated. I would guess the situation would become more serious. Misty, of course, would try to find and help him. As for Misty confessing, even in these type of circumstances, I actually kind of doubt that she would, since Ash has been near-death multiple times in Misty's sight, and she didn't confess those times. But I could be wrong.

Another thing I just thought of is that Ash (seems to) to have the ability to use Aura. And if I recall, one of the things Aura can let you do is read others thoughts. Too bad Ash is nowhere near able to use Aura like that. :(

This topic gives me an idea for one.

Several months back, I was watching Melody 93's PokéShipping Commentaries on Youtube (great job on those, by the way. I really enjoyed them), and I remember the first one she did, about the hilarious joke 4Kids had about Misty's bike in the first Pokémon film. I was talking to my brother about it and we then talked about this scene, and he came up with this topic:

During the first film, where Ash is revived, say hypothetically that Misty confessed to Ash afterwards and then Ash says he feels the same way. Then Mewtwo does his thing where he wipes away everyone's memories of the events in the film. How would you have reacted, and what effect would this have on PokéShipping?

This may not be the best topic but I'll try it anyway. To answer my own topic; when I first saw the film, I was 11 and not really much of a PokéShipper. I probably wouldn't really think about that. But now, I would go ballistic! I would be a bit bitter and resent the writers for teasing like this. In the case of PokéShipping itself, I think it would have at least a little bit more credibilty. It would definitely confirm PokéShipping, whether Ash and Misty remembered it or not.

Blazing Charmander

If a 'Tower of Terror' accident were to happen to Ash again and once again, only Misty was able to hear him, what would you imagine to happen? Would Ash spring back to life again in a short while? Or would the situation be more serious and he would risk dying? In fear of losing Ash's life, would Misty confess to him? Or would she keep it to herself again? What about Ash?

Well, that moment in the Tower of Terror ranks as one of my favourite Pokeshipping scenes for the sheer way that Misty is in tears over Ash's lifeless state. Then Ash comes back to life and greets Misty (not Brock! Lol), thus making Misty brush back further tears of relief while beginning to blush. Beautiful. As for a scenario like that occurring again, I would think it'd be a serious matter, hence prompting Misty to succumb to tears and willing Ash to awaken. However, I still don't think it'd be enough to make Misty confess her feelings sadly. On the other hand, she could still imply her strong feelings towards Ash. For example, she could make a heartfelt statement such as:

"Ash, we've been through so much together, and you're leaving me now?!" *breaks into tears* "Come on Ash, I don't know... how I can go on without you..."

Of course, Ash would then awaken against all odds (hey, it's a kids' show xD), and hopefully produce an emotional response from Misty. Could we even dream for a passionate spur-of-the-moment hug? Maybe even a spontaneous kiss on the... no, maybe that's out of the question :p.

During the first film, where Ash is revived, say hypothetically that Misty confessed to Ash afterwards and then Ash says he feels the same way. Then Mewtwo does his thing where he wipes away everyone's memories of the events in the film. How would you have reacted, and what effect would this have on PokéShipping?

Great question. Sounds like your brother can really think outside the box Espeonic because this isn't a scenario that's ever crossed my mind. But like you said, I wasn't really into the idea of romance when I first saw the movie, so it wasn't something I thought about. However, i'd probably be really frustrated if this happened lol. I can think of plenty of film scenes where something like this happens before everyone's memory is wiped, and if Ash and Misty had confessed before having their memory erased, I would be distraught. Meanwhile, I may at least be a little satisfied that we'd seen our first canon Pokeshipping evidence and that we'd all have something to savour. :D

These topics have really got my Pokeshipping spirits high again! Wouldn't it be beautiful if after all these years, our loyalty was rewarded with solid evidence of AAML?

Last edited:

PenguinBeam

Wish. Hope. Believe.
Hello, everybody! I'm extremely happy to see a new Pokeshipping thread! I posted once in the last thread, but then kinda disappeared, lol.

Anydangway, I become pretty excited when things get off to a fresh start, and I'm going to do my best this time to post whenever possible on this new thread.

Well, back when I first saw the movie when I was about five years old, I wouldn't have cared much. I would have pushed the whole situation to the side, or something.

Fast forwarding to the present, I would have a series of mixed feelings on the issue. Although I would be slightly irritated that in the end Ash and Misty had their memories wiped, making them forget their confessions, I would be more overjoyed.

Think about it: Does it matter if they remember or not? The writers apparently (hypothetically, of course) wanted something romantic to happen, meaning that there must be something between Ash and Misty.

Milotic17

Oh, I love Tower of Terror! I think I'm going to have to agree with Blazing Charmander and say that Misty would say something that suggests her feelings but that doesn't out-and-out give them away. Now, you said that only Misty would be able to hear him; that could make for an interesting situation. For example, say Ash was struggling to survive but could communicate with Misty and Misty only. I could see her definitely telling him how much he means to her and telling him to hang on and see Ash fighting to survive because of Misty's words. Then when they're reunited they could blush about it and maybe hug. It's not quite a confession, but it would be darn good to see anyway. By the way, I always did find it a bit telling that only Misty (and not Brock) could hear Ash in that episode. Could that mean that they have a special bond?

I don't think Ash would be in a life-or-death situation and do believe that he would spring right back to life, though. This is an anime for kids we're talking about, after all.

I think that would be beyond cool, and I would have loved it if it had happened. (Yes, I was a Pokeshipper way back when the first movie aired in the states. I'm old.) Think about it: it would be the perfect cop-out for the writers. I mean, I would be a little sad that they didn't become boyfriend and girlfriend, but we would at least know that the writers intend for Pokeshipping to be canon, and that's very important. I think the writers are avoiding making any ship canon because they don't want to have to deal with writing about that kind of relationship, but this way they could make PS canon without having to. Great topic! :)

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
If both Ash and Misty were to perform as the Prince and Princess in the mermaid performance in Cerulean City, how would you imagine it to go? Would it go perfectly? Or would something happen?

I imagine Ash wouldn't be too excited about it, being probably mushy and all that, but you could persuade him if there's Pokemon involved. Misty would get into it (not so much about any intimacy, though. She might even pretend to object/be disgusted by it, but not really fight it too much), scolding Ash for not doing his best (he'd be either anxious to train or complain about being hungry), blah blah. Then on performance day, of course something would go wrong - that always happens with him around. Team Rocket would come and interrupt at some important moment (ie mushy, since it IS a princess/prince story), Ash and Misty would "pwn" them with their Pokemon, then it would resume. Whether or not they'd actually kiss or anything is hard to say.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Gooo Pokeshipping!!!!

I'm back yo. Still a PSer after all this time.

Hm, this is gonna take some explaining. Yes, only Misty should be able to hear him. Because she's the one in love with Ash. Not May. Not Dawn. Not Melody. But of course, the situation would be more serious. Not only does Ash risk dying, he actually does so. And just before that happens. Misty confesses her love. Not wanting to be alone though, she takes her own life. After all, they say, "true love never dies - even as the lovebirds leave this earth, they are still together forever." My rule of shipping death fanfics is of course: "if one dies, the other must follow suit".

Thanks for letting me join! I'll start by answering some topics, trying not to be OOC

If a 'Tower of Terror' accident were to happen to Ash again and once again, only Misty was able to hear him, what would you imagine to happen? Would Ash spring back to life again in a short while? Or would the situation be more serious and he would risk dying? In fear of losing Ashs life, would Misty confess to him? Or would she keep it to herself again? What about Ash?
I remember that episode, that was one of my favorites.

Ash decides to go back to the Tower Of Terror to see Gengar and all of the other ghosts again. When he walks inside he is attacked by them and is unconscious (turns into ghost, on the floor, etc.). Misty is then informed by the people in Lavender (that's the name right, I haven't watched the show or played the game in a long time XD) Town about Ash going inside the Tower. Misty remembers what had happened last time and takes a (boat, truck, car, her sister drives her) to Lavender Town. When she arrives she sees Ash on the floor. He has no heartbeat and seems that he is not breathing.

Misty then hears Ash saying "MISTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!".

Misty responds by saying "Ash?"

"Misty please save me"

"Are you dead"

"No but I could die"

"What should I do?"

"I don't know"

Misty, knowing that Ash could die screams "I LOVE YOU ASH KETCHUM" and then kisses him. Ash then wakes up smiling and says "I was never going to die, I just said that to scare you". And then Misty starts yelling at and punching Ash, although they both know that they enjoyed it.

Hopefully that isn't too OOC, please tell me if it is because I do tend make characters OOC. I think I might be better with Naruto characters XD

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
Great question. Sounds like your brother can really think outside the box Espeonic because this isn't a scenario that's ever crossed my mind.

Actually, my brother just asked me that because he thought it would absolutely hilarious if the writers seriously did that. He supports PokéShipping, but he doesn't love nearly as much as I do, on account of shipping in the Pokémon fanbase is starting to get on his nerves. But, still, I thought he was on to something when he said it.

I have another topic now.

When/if Ash and Misty get married, do think they would settle down to raise a family, or do you think they will keep traveling together?

I bet that Ash would try to get Misty to keep traveling with him. And I actually think Misty might do it... for a while. At that point, she would probably want to start a family. The two of them then might spend a lot of time traveling if their kids decided to become trainers, coordinators, etc.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...

This is something new, and I feel like discussing this ^^

How would I have reacted. I don't know.
At the time, I pretty much was interessted in battling, training my pokés in the Red version and seeing Mewtwo in action. I didn't care about Shippings then xD
If I had cared then, I don't know...It may have been a childish reaction, I would have ranted on, saying how it wasn't fair...like a kid would lol

Now, when I consider shippings, I would have just felt like I was right !
Since if Misty had confessed, she didn't know Mewtwo was about to wipe their memories.
She would have wanted then to life on with Ash knowing she cares ! And that would have made PokéShipping canon (whether you consider movies canon or not is irrelevant at the moment).
On the moment, like I just said, I'd feel really really happy and proud, since she confessed and was willing to live on with it. Alas, wiping her memory away would not have given her the chance to witness Ash rise from the dead, and therefore might still keep her feelings for her, and go on like the movie ended (Since the events have been erased from their minds, confession or not. What happened before didn't matter.).

Then I'd feel, again, disappointed, since I felt that would be like they hit a major "reset button" in the plot xD

But meh, I'd remain hopeful, since I'd know she confessed once, that means she likes him.
When she confesses, that's a matter of time =)

Glad to give my piece of mind ^^

By the way, the thread look clean and well groomed, good job ;) And no one-lineers, yay ! ^^

When/if Ash and Misty get married, do think they would settle down to raise a family, or do you think they will keep traveling together?

If Ash ever stops traveling, and becomes the greatest Pokemon master finally, then that's when he'll start to settle down and start a family most likely.

I don't think Ash and Misty would get married while Ash is still busy traveling to each region, even if they get together somehow ..it wouldn't be time for a marriage and family yet.

Misty is stuck at the gym, so she could easily have a family anytime, while still battling people who come to the gym. Ash on the other hand, can't really settle down till he's done with his Pokemon journeys ..and who knows. (that could take forever. x) )

Sadly, Misty won't be traveling with Ash ever again, because she needs to stay at her gym. D:

Last edited:

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper

I don't think it would get too serious (i.e. he really could die/is already dead since he has no spirit), since it's a kids show. If Misty knew she was hearing Ash's voice (even if, in her mind, she thinks she's probably imagining it), they could use it as a beacon to locate his body - Brock wouldn't understand but Misty would say she just "knew" or "could feel" where he is. I think we'd all still want the scene where Ash carries her for awhile, though ;) Anyway, I don't think she'd right out say, "I love you!" - when Ash is finally revived, she'd cry, but also do something else that would at least say, "You're very important to me" - like, silently grabbing him and just hugging him, not saying a word for awhile. That's what I picture. It would also be nice if either of them wondered just how ONLY Misty knew where he was or how she could hear him.

Oooh man. Well, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be angry. I really hate endings like "It was all a dream" or "Their memory was wiped." I would definitely be disappointed - it's like the Fry/Leela from Futurama pairing; every time you thought they'd finally reached the romance level, by the next episode everything has been reset and forgotten by the characters. However, I'd at least know there's a huge chance they'd get together for "real" later on. It's not like the wipe would've erased their feelings, they just forgot they confessed to the other.

hi guys i know im late but at least i didn't miss the boat! (or the ship =))

What are your expectations from me, this thread, and AshxMisty in the future?

you: that you will do the right thing.... not much else

the thread\; that it will be a fun place

AshxMisty: the moon =)

I would yell and go on a rampage.... well not really but I'd be pretty damm mad...

both, they would travel with their family

wellz, thats all for now

L@ter~

plopagon123

Perfectly Imperfect
Why hallo thar PSers. I hope I'm not too late.

Well it would certainly give PokeShipping a great boost and all. But I wouldn't be enraged when Mewtwo erases all of their memories. I think it would more or less ruin Pokemon's "not-being-oh-so-romantic" if Mewtwo didn't erase it. I mean, it's good to have mushy episodes once in a long while. Also, for like the people who weren't able to watch the movie may be suprised about the sudden mutual understanding or something between Misty and Ash. Anyways, I think just knowing that Misty does feel about Ash the way we think she does, and Ash feeling the same way, is enough for me.

I'd like to see Misty rush to Ash and find out if he's okay. Uhm, but I would like to make it more serious and more tragic. So that Misty gets to show more of her feelings. However I'd rather have it if she wouldn't confess. Yeah, I'm the kind of person who would want Misty to keep it in. Either that or I think this isn't the moment for her to say it to Ash. Although from what's going on in my mind, I think she will have to. D:

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
Sweet answers to the topic everyone. :D Now for me to answer a couple of them. ^^

I think a little bit of both, but of course they'll keep the major love making to when they go to a hotel or something. ~_^

Other than that, the might have to at least slow their travels down a little bit just in case Misty gets herself pregnant. ^^ Then once Misty gives birth, what happens afterwards will depend on them. ^^ Besides, i'd like to see Ash and Misty travel the world with their children. ^_^ Even though their children will eventually branch off to their own travels, I think it'll be fun to see them getting taught by their parents. ^_^

I think a part like that would've made a pretty awesome impact, even though Ash and Misty soon forget afterwards thanks to Mewtwo, but at least it'd give me a bit of excitement for another confession that they could never forget and hopefully remember for the rest of their lives. ^__^

Ya know..I think its winding down to the time where Mewtwo Strikes Back first arrived in Japan....maybe an idea like that would be fun to see...except for the memory wipe part. ^^

Besides, when Ash and Misty do confess to each other, its a moment I want both of them to remember. ^__^

Hmmm....gives me an idea for a new topic...i'll be back with it later. ^^

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper

If they did decide to raise a family (it's entirely up to them!), I think they wouldn't right away. Ash might still be a-ways from becoming a Pokemon Master, and would want to travel and learn more, and Misty would have her dreams as well. If they did come to a decision to have some kids, they'd want to look for somewhere to stay, at least for the duration of Misty's pregnancy (going into labor in the middle of the woods would be bad, I reckon). And I don't really think they'd want to raise the kid "on the road" - there should be a more stable place for them to grow up. When the kid is old enough to go on their own journey (assuming they don't have more or they're about the same age), maybe they could do their own traveling thing again. If the kid doesn't want to be a trainer (*gasp*) and go it alone, they could always take him/her along.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Hi there guys, Post wh0re time

You'll do well, you don't look like a noob so you'll be fine. XD As for Ash x Misty in the future, hopefully the writers will treat us all to some lovely hints and beautiful characterization. I'm sure this ship can entertain us in many years to come.

Lke Nighting said, I think they would also do a bit of both too. Ash and Misty might still be looking out for the gym and Ash might help the kids before they chose what they want to do. XD I can imagine Misty settling down, but not Ash I would still think he'd want to travel around until the day he died.

I think I might have been a Pokeshipper straight away then the other mainstream ships, I'd develop to like. I think it would have a huge impact on pokeshipping as it would be the major ship. Then it would give us more hope that they would get to do it again.

Now I saw this topic; it would have been a shame if Mewtwo reset their memories for some reason, if that happened I would have hoped that Mewtwo would see that Misty and Ash had a strong relationship and remove the events but keep the memory of the confessions.

Ann_Chovie

Hey, I'm a new member here, and just wanted to say that I adore Pokeshipping! And I will start answering the questions:

Well, I don't have any expectations for this thread yet...But I did just join ^_^ As for Ash and Misty, there's a lot of story telling that must continue and hopefully the writers will realize that and bring Misty back. Maybe then Ash and Misty's love can grow stronger...But, the writer's probably won't let Misty rejoin the main cast (why is beyond me) so, her long awaited guest appearance will hopefully also give us new pokeshipping hints from both Ash and Misty!

Good question, I think Ash and Misty would get married and I can see them living in Pallet Town (or possibly Cerulean City) with kids of their own, their kids will probably go on their own pokemon journey...As for Ash and Misty traveling...Maybe, but I picture them finally settling down after they have received the titles of Pokemon Master and Water Pokemon Master.

Ok, no matter what ever happens, I'm always going to be a pokeshipper, but here are my reactions to this hypothetical scene. Ok, so Misty confesses how she feels, I would be squealing. Ash says he feels the same way, I squeal louder. Then Mewtwo erases everyone's memories and I would freak out and scream at the movie. As for the affect on pokeshipping, I think it would be great to have that scene, even if their memories were erased, at least we the viewers would know how both Ash and Misty feel, so their could finally be no controversy between Pokeshipping and other shippings that include Ash and Misty with other people cause then everyone would know that Ash and Misty do love each other. However, I would love for them to actually know how they feel after they finally confessed. But let's hope they do someday, and by someday, I don't mean another 12 years from now ^_^

PenguinBeam

Wish. Hope. Believe.

Hmmm...I think Ash, being the stubborn Pokemon trainer he is, would not want to stop traveling, unlike Misty, who I feel would really want to start a family. Ash might travel for a couple more years, then finally be ready to settle down. Whether he reached his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master (after doing whatever you have to do to achieve that:confused:) or not, I think Ash will be have become a bit more mature and responsible by then.