• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

majormanafemale

I'm filing it under Pikachu's Goodbye in obvious misleading titles.
Me to. They are very good at the misleading titles. And if we stuck w k th something this long why sway now from unaired episode nothing to stress about yet for sure.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm still an avid PokeShipper, but it's been hard to really stay actively interested in the pairing when Misty hasn't had an appearance since 2005 (not counting flashbacks). I mostly keep re-watching OS episodes to remember the good old days when Ash and Misty traveled around and had interactions. It probably sounds sappy and nostalgic, but I preferred OS because PokeShipping was at its prime back then. :p

Seachran

you all impress me with your iron wills, no one is nervous about the Ash and Serena episode coming soon.

that takes skill.

Without bashing anything, I personally don't care because the show is so fundamentally and thematically different now(not necessarily bad) that I don't consider them to be connected. The original series ended over 10 years ago, and what happened in that will always be judged independently. It's not the same as other long-running series like One Piece because everything is not controlled by one person, and there are so many other factors involved(like the games). Remember that Pokeshipping existed before even Hoenn; "shipping wars" or whatever is not what Pokeshipping is about.

As for AshxSerena, it's definitely interesting to see the writers make Serena's feelings so obvious, although the fact that they just introduced her as a childhood friend and immediately as a love interest without any development makes it seem very tacked on rather than naturally develop with the characters over the course of the adventure. Besides that, sure, it seems fine for whoever enjoys it. What's more interesting however is how they handle this at the end of the series, because unless there is a major change in what they've been doing, Serena will not be sticking around, and that's just the reality of the business.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I'm still an avid PokeShipper, but it's been hard to really stay actively interested in the pairing when Misty hasn't had an appearance since 2005 (not counting flashbacks). I mostly keep re-watching OS episodes to remember the good old days when Ash and Misty traveled around and had interactions. It probably sounds sappy and nostalgic, but I preferred OS because PokeShipping was at its prime back then. :p

OS pokeshipping had more Charisma. I just think Ash showed more affection to Misty more than the other pokegirls (Aside from May who comes second) buy thats just me. I do wish to see Misty come back and also hope fore some more pokeshipping moments, especially ones similar to OS's interactions.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I think more people simply remember Pokeshipping fondly because it was the ship during the time the show felt more...organic, I guess. You could really connect with the characters and pinpoint their strengths and flaws, and could see Ash and Misty from a realistic perspective. It made it easier to see them in such a light, as they both grew as individual characters alongside their own bond.

The show nowadays feels more stilted, for lack of a better word. Sure, the plot /structure/ may be better, but it lacks a sense of freedom and suppleness. Some could say it was a good thing SatoKasu was put on hold way back when; Pokeshipping may not necessarily be remembered as the ship when the show was "good", but I feel it will definitely be remembered as the ship when the show was an adventure.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Pokeshipping may not necessarily be remembered as the ship when the show was "good", but I feel it will definitely be remembered as the ship when the show was an adventure.

^This. :)
Every region and series had their own uniqueness after all. I guess, what Original Series gave us is that development,well the start of Ash's development, and how He and Misty started as companions,from their first fight to their last goodbye, really gives that uniqueness and sort of start of development. Yeah,kinda miss those kind of interactions they've did before and their voice when they're making an argument.XDXD Why do I feel like missing them just now?.

chalkus

Pokeshipping may not necessarily be remembered as the ship when the show was "good", but I feel it will definitely be remembered as the ship when the show was an adventure.

I don't think any adventure should be defined by a romance that never went anywhere. Especially not Kanto.

vivalakatie713

Pikachu Trainer <3
Oh my goodness guys...
What has happened to this thread?. ):
I haven't been able to get on here in the last few months because I've been going to school full time & work..
I finally had a minute to get on and I was so excited to come on here, because I was expecting a TON of new pages since I haven't been on in so long..that wasn't the case /:

In other words hi everyone!. I haven't been on in so long!. I hope you all are doing well :)

Jfloydian

Ash <3 Misty
I think more people simply remember Pokeshipping fondly because it was the ship during the time the show felt more...organic, I guess. You could really connect with the characters and pinpoint their strengths and flaws, and could see Ash and Misty from a realistic perspective. It made it easier to see them in such a light, as they both grew as individual characters alongside their own bond.

Guys, I have been away for so long. I am back now and I really hope to stick around!

The show nowadays feels more stilted, for lack of a better word. Sure, the plot /structure/ may be better, but it lacks a sense of freedom and suppleness. Some could say it was a good thing SatoKasu was put on hold way back when; Pokeshipping may not necessarily be remembered as the ship when the show was "good", but I feel it will definitely be remembered as the ship when the show was an adventure.

I couldn't agree more. It seems to be far from only nostalgia for me when it comes to pokeshipping. It feels so real, organic, and natural.

I believe a topic is in order, maybe get this thread back to the good old days. I'd like to say I hope everyone had a happy holiday and will continue to do so regardless of what you celebrate. Here's to a great new year! Now...

It's a cold winter evening. Misty and Ash have sat down in front of the fireplace with some hot chocolate. Brock had to head home and Ash's mom is in the kitchen, out of earshot. What is said/happens?

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
It's a cold winter evening. Misty and Ash have sat down in front of the fireplace with some hot chocolate. Brock had to head home and Ash's mom is in the kitchen, out of earshot. What is said/happens?

*plot twist* Brock comes back , hiding at their backs with a mistletoe. Screams: NOW KISS
Misty leans on Ash, Ash is shocked, spilled some of his hot chocolate on the floor , He suddenly asked: Misty?.Not too long, she falls asleep on Ash's shoulders.

it feels kinda corny for me to answer this.XD

---
Ah~! It's been awhile since I post here.Happy Holidays everyone, though I think it's a bit late to greet this. Advance Happy New Year as well fellow shippers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't think any adventure should be defined by a romance that never went anywhere. Especially not Kanto.

And yet for me, that romance was the highlight of OS regardless of whether or not Ash and Misty's relationship was viewed as progressive during that time. PokeShipping helped get me through the Johto saga if I'm being honest, which I would've given up on had it not been for a few PokeShipping hints that were scattered throughout it. So in my opinion, the ship was monumental back then.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

Misty: Once your mom is asleep Ash, let's go see the Christmas lights in Cerulean City

Ash: Xmas lights?

Misty: Yes, every public building in Cerulean has Xmas lights throughout December.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Hey~

Can i join? Please!

I like PokeShipping. So.. that xD

It's been awhile since we have new members around. Hello there GiganticMelon! Yes you may,and you are welcome! anyone is welcome to join in the discussion.:) Let's just avoid the one liners next time..

Jfloydian

Ash <3 Misty
Heyyy guys! Im new here and Ash and Misty are my OTP :). I'm obsessed with them and this place is perfect for me ;)

Hey welcome, it's great to see another fellow pokeshipper! My OTP as well!

Well, it has been quiet here guys, any new topics?

I've had an account for awhile but this is the first time I've posted, but I love pokeshipping. I began shipping it during it's original run, and I still ship it to day.
I love the moments in both the dub and sub that showed how much each Ash and Misty cared for each other, even if both refused to admit it.

Last edited:

JordanMax

I love the moments in both the dub and sub that showed how much each Ash and Misty cared for each other, even if both refused to admit it.

Agreed! Their relationship was so natural and there's so many instances where they showed it. What I would give to have those two together and see more of those moments!!