• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Sabrina's Doll

I haven't lost faith in Pokeshipping at all. I believe Ash and Misty will be the final pairing whenever they decide to end the show. Every pokegirl will be swapped out until then and that includes Serena. With the success of the games, I don't see the anime ending for probably another decade or so though lol. Aside from that, one of the most underrated aspects of Pokeshipping is Misty's bond with Pikachu.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I haven't lost faith in Pokeshipping at all. I believe Ash and Misty will be the final pairing whenever they decide to end the show. Every pokegirl will be swapped out until then and that includes Serena.

one of the most underrated aspects of Pokeshipping is Misty's bond with Pikachu.

You've got a point and like most of us, I haven't *exactly* lost hope on Pokeshipping as well. I may not be as active as before, but I will always be shipper deep inside. *sighs* I also miss the Misty x Pikachu bonding. Now a certain scene from The Scheme Team suddenly pops out in my head. XD Missing the moments.

I haven't lost faith so much as I have lost time. I want to make more art, graphics, discuss, etc but I am always tried from work. I do think the same that every pokegirl will be swapped in and out, and I agree that people forget about Misty and Pikachu's bond.

YourLieinEevee

I miss Misty so much. This is still one of my main ships, along with Rocketshipping. The dub pushed it beautifully :3

Is anyone in this thread from the old AAML forum/chat from like 2000-2001? I was active there and would like to find other alumni. I went by JessiesClone.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
2 Months haven't passed yet so I can post in here.

Pokeshipping is still going strong with a lot of fanfics being posted places like FF.net. I haven't had much inspiration to write one myself, though. I hope Misty can make a guest appearance near the end of the Kalos saga, at the very least. We Pokeshippers deserve as much. I know the writers have moved on from Misty as a regular character, but the fans have not moved on from liking her.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I miss Misty so much. This is still one of my main ships, along with Rocketshipping. The dub pushed it beautifully :3

Is anyone in this thread from the old AAML forum/chat from like 2000-2001? I was active there and would like to find other alumni. I went by JessiesClone.

Sadly not me. I didn't have internet until 2006.

It's interesting how pokeshippers still stand by their ships whilst other shippers always move on to others so quickly.

majormanafemale

There is only so much to say about pokeshipping this thread is alreadu over 100 pages long. I never loose intrest in pokeshipping. I made my own future set up for fan kids I have. I had Ash and Misty have octuplets I know it is ridiculous. However it is my choice for my future for them. I even made story about the octuplets birth on fancition . net. I do hope Misty makes a future a cameo.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I didn't start posting on Serebii until 2004, but... That's still kinda far back. That was when I first got the internet at home, and I wanted to find out if there were other people obsessed with Ash/Misty. I wasn't even aware of the word "shipping" at that point, but I figured if there were people like me, they'd be here.

I'm still into Pokeshipping. Not like I was, because... I made up a daughter for Ash and Misty, just for fun, and then someone to ship her with... And then I ended up developing those characters a lot and getting obsessed with that instead XD. But Pokeshipping is still relevant to that ship. I'm working on a fanfic about it, and yeah, Pokeshipping does come into it some. But yeah, if something else worked out instead of Pokeshipping... I wouldn't take it as hard as I once would have, but I'd still have trouble with it, especially because of how it'd affect my character. I mean, her existance doesn't depend entirely upon Pokeshipping working out for me, but her relationship to Ash and Misty, the ways she's like them, that's important to me.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
So anyone else besides me just a tad bit disappointed that the great Hollywood blockbuster Poke'mon film isn't an adaptation of the anime? The hypothetical live action movie has been something I've pondered since Gen 1, even had a dream about it once. I always assumed back then it would be a big budget adaptation of the anime's 1st season since back in those days the anime pretty much was the canon of the franchise to most fans (see: anyone who ever called Red "Ash").

With rumors in recent months of such a film finally being made there was that part of me crossing my fingers hoping that such an adaptation could be a new chance for Poke'shipping being canon in at least some media with teen versions of Ash & Misty played by twenties-something actors (since obviously a romance sub-plot with actual kid actors is a bad idea).

YearCero

Eugenic Subject - B
Aaah... I see the veterans are reliving their childhood.(T_T) I still miss Misty now. Maybe they can bring her back in sun and moon(considering it is their 20th anniversary and Alola is a land surrounded by water) and form a love triangle(Misty\Ash\Serena). So it all ends like Toradora! and then Ash returns to Kanto ,fights against Red in the finale, and loses.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Aaah... I see the veterans are reliving their childhood.(T_T) I still miss Misty now. Maybe they can bring her back in sun and moon(considering it is their 20th anniversary and Alola is a land surrounded by water) and form a love triangle(Misty\Ash\Serena). So it all ends like Toradora! and then Ash returns to Kanto ,fights against Red in the finale, and loses.

I honestly don't see Misty coming back as a main character... What I'm hoping for is... Well, I want Serena to confess to Ash, and he doesn't feel the same, and then she'd say, "Is there someone else you like?" And he'd turn all red and be like, "Well, um..." That'd be enough for me, since I feel like Misty the only girl he's shown definitive hints for. He got jealous over her once or twice, and really embarrassed when people teased them... It's still not much to go on, but at those couple of points, I just don't know what else the writers would have intended by it. So...

Heh, hope I don't get in trouble for saying that. It's nothing against Amour (actually I sympathize with Serena a lot) or any other pairing; just, that's the kind of thing I think we can hope for, realistically. I just wanted to say how I felt about it.

The other, less likely option, is that they flash forward to the future at the end of the series, show Ash's kid... and it'd be Misty he's married to. Although that would be another problem for me, because I already have a character for Ash and Misty's kid that I'm deeply, deeply attached to. And it's kinda important to the development of her personality that she's an only child, too... But that's a hang-up for just me. Although I'm sure other fans feel the same about their own OCs.

greninjamaster

Who knows whenever a live action Pokemon movie(after Detective Pikachu) is brought to the table the people are going to want Misty in it especially if it follows Ash and Pikachu. She's the OG and maybe getting her marketed in the movie may make for a return to the anime along with Brock. Cause Misty is IMO and still is the most popular of the girls, just cause she was the first.

Like if you can be assured of anything when they do the live action movie if it has Ash it WILL have Misty. Nostalgia is big nowadays and that's what people in Hollywood and entertainment are going for. Misty and Brock will without a doubt be chosen over the more recent companions with Ash. Serena and co do not have nostalgia whatsoever.

As far as I'm concerned Ash does not have a romantic endgame until they freaking age him. However I will always be a Pokeshipper.

Last edited:

Pokeshipper_

Hello everyone! I am an Italian Pokeshipper (my username, in fact, is Pokeshipper_)! I read all posts in this thread. You are fantastic. Keep alive this couple. Also in Italy we have some forum not to forget this fantastic couple (or better, forum in italian language). This is to tell you that are many people still in the world who loves Pokeshipping although many years have passed. Also thanks to fanfiction the couple will remain in our hearts, forever. Ever since I was little I loved Pokeshipping and still love it and I love Ash e Misty. I still hope it can be something between two. The tests are really a lot over the course of episodes. For this reason I can say, at least on my side, that is a canon couple. I agree in everything with Hakajin. Misty definitely not coming back in the main series (at least I don't think, altough I hope it... the hope is last to die, is not it?).Often I see the episodes concerning the Pokeshipping and nostalgia is very much. In 'gotta cach ya later' I cry more even now. How can we forget, however, the episodes with Rudi or Danny or the second of the Pokémon movie. It is the film that I loved more, obviously. You can tell Ash has not completely forgotten Misty. In fact, in the last episode of 'Black and White' series, she appears in his memories. I hope that Serena delcares to Ash her sentiments, so he tells to her that there is someone else in his heart. This lights again the hope.
Guys, is very moving. I love too Ash e Misty. And if in the future don't come together, this will happen in my heart and in my mind. Why I will never forget Pokeshipping!

BubChan

Wonderwall
Hello everyone! I am an Italian Pokeshipper (my username, in fact, is Pokeshipper_)! I read all posts in this thread. You are fantastic. Keep alive this couple. Also in Italy we have some forum not to forget this fantastic couple (or better, forum in italian language). This is to tell you that are many people still in the world who loves Pokeshipping although many years have passed. Also thanks to fanfiction the couple will remain in our hearts, forever. Ever since I was little I loved Pokeshipping and still love it and I love Ash e Misty. I still hope it can be something between two. The tests are really a lot over the course of episodes. For this reason I can say, at least on my side, that is a canon couple. I agree in everything with Hakajin. Misty definitely not coming back in the main series (at least I don't think, altough I hope it... the hope is last to die, is not it?).Often I see the episodes concerning the Pokeshipping and nostalgia is very much. In 'gotta cach ya later' I cry more even now. How can we forget, however, the episodes with Rudi or Danny or the second of the Pokémon movie. It is the film that I loved more, obviously. You can tell Ash has not completely forgotten Misty. In fact, in the last episode of 'Black and White' series, she appears in his memories. I hope that Serena delcares to Ash her sentiments, so he tells to her that there is someone else in his heart. This lights again the hope.
Guys, is very moving. I love too Ash e Misty. And if in the future don't come together, this will happen in my heart and in my mind. Why I will never forget Pokeshipping!

Welcome Italian PokéShipper! It's always nice to keep PokéShipping alive, since it's a very special pairing for all of us (for most of us here, their first shipping, not my case, but still), about Misty returning to the anime, I don't feel like she's coming back as a main character, the producers already said that (I had the interview, sadly, I lost it), but they also said that Misty might return as minor character.

Sun and Moon is almost here, and since Alola is an archipelago (surrounded by WATER obviously), I feel Misty would looove Alola, I'm hoping for a comeback in the Sun & Moon anime season, imagine: Misty studying the Alola's water type pokémon and even the Alola forms! I totally see this happening :D

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

Welcome! Speaking of Italy, I really loved Laura Pausini's song "The Extra Mile" on the 2nd movie soundtrack. Actually, it was my favorite song for the longest time, because of its connection to Pokeshipping. Sure, Misty's Song was great, but "The Extra Mile" is about a much more mature love, one characterized by selfless devotion. It had a huge effect on how I interpreted Misty's character, made her a lot more complex for me. It's a little of a digression, but I became a Laura fan, too, even picked up a little Italian pronunciation and a few words.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Is it just me, or was Ash's and Misty's chemistry with each other in OS extremely perfect? Opposites always attract and they were an iconic pair back then. Ash's and Misty's bickering was always a big part of why I support PokeShipping because their OS spats were when those two had their cutest moments. Even though Misty is no longer in the cast, I believe she could make a cameo in the final XY&Z episode.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Is it just me, or was Ash's and Misty's chemistry with each other in OS extremely perfect? Opposites always attract and they were an iconic pair back then. Ash's and Misty's bickering was always a big part of why I support PokeShipping because their OS spats were when those two had their cutest moments. Even though Misty is no longer in the cast, I believe she could make a cameo in the final XY&Z episode.

Yeah, it was great! Although it's kind of a myth that opposites attract... Or if they do, the relationship tends to be destructive. I mean, sometimes it works, depending on what personality traits we're talking about; some characteristics balance each other out. But anyway, Ash and Misty are actually pretty similar-- similar values, similar goals... Ash is more impulsive, and Misty is more level-headed, so that balances out. It's where they come into conflict, because Ash also had kind of a big head and didn't like being corrected... and Misty liked to tease him. I think as the series goes on, you can see that it becomes more of a joke between them, too, like they're just play-arguing. I like that. But yeah, their opposing traits do end up balancing each other out.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
This thread had been silent for some time but I'm glad seeing new people around and seeing the little discussion going. Hello, @Pokeshipper_ and @Pokeshipping_Forever Welcome to the thread guys!

Ash's and Misty's bickering was always a big part of why I support PokeShipping because their OS spats were when those two had their cutest moments.

For some reasons, some moments where they bicker whenever its out of concern or not, I like it. Like they say, the more you hate , the more you love...lol.XDXD And yes, I agree with Hakajin as well, I don't know it opposite attracts applies all the time, but Ash and Misty's personalities and character just balanced with each other.

ps. I'm getting excited for November.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
So, I've been looking on some other Ash/main girl shipping threads recently, seeing what they have to say about why they like that ship... And it got me thinking, what's special about Pokeshipping? Why am I so attached to that ship? Is it just because it was the first one? If it had been another girl first, would I be stuck on that ship instead?

I don't think so. When I try to remember, what really struck me about Pokeshipping was how deeply Misty cared for Ash. She'd do anything for him and was always looking out for him... But she held those feelings inside herself. It was like... how do I explain it? This was something she didn't need to be noticed, she didn't seem to be hoping for her feelings to be returned. I mean, yeah, she wanted him to feel the same way, but that wasn't why she always watched over him. She just really worried about him and wanted to protect him (I'm not trying to contrast this with any of the other girls here; this is just what grabbed me about Pokeshipping from the very beginning, before there were any others). To me, it seemed like she didn't think her feelings would be returned, and that was sad for her... but I really sympathized with that, too.

To me, it seems like that Ash was Misty's focus in a way that it hasn't been for any of the other girls. She didn't have much else going on in the way of her own goals, so looking out for him and supporting him was her main reason for being there. She's the only one so far who didn't separate from him of her own volition; in fact, she kinda broke down when they had to part. Part of that was probably that she didn't have a choice, and she didn't have a goal to look forward to... But then after that, she felt left behind-- I remember that last part particularly, because, even though there was no way the Misty who I knew wouldn't feel that way, I didn't think the writers would go there... And I was surpised and pleased that they did.

In short, I guess what really appealed to me about Poke was that it was a devoted, selfless love from Misty's side. I mean, Ash and Misty had great chemistry, too, and it was really cute how they ended up caring about each other in spite of themselves... but yeah, that first part is what I felt most strongly.

Admittedly, I don't think it's great that Misty didn't get to work on her own goals while she was on the show. The fact that it's more mutual support with Ash and the other girls is a strength for those ships. But at the same time... I dunno, I feel like it takes a lot of self-possession and maturity for that kind of love to develop; Misty had a really strong and decisive personality. In a way, I think she was with Ash for her own sake, too-- being with him was what she really wanted; it's like the line in Tangled-- "You are my dream." Yeah, you can't center your life around one person, you need to have interests and goals for yourself, too... I'd love it if Misty had made some progress by the time she and Ash come back together, and it could be a more mutually supportive relationship.

One thing I don't get is when people say that Misty's crush was all dub added. No, really, I actually kinda don't get it. It seemed to me that there was plenty of obvious stuff in the visual department (even a few moments from Ash's side). But aside from that... it's hard for me to understand how someone could miss the subtext. And yeah, the subtext was was what really got me. I mean, I know I developed it on my own, too, but it definitely wasn't just my input, either. At the very least, I really, super don't get it when people say that Misty didn't care about Ash, because it was mean when she argued with him. ...It's just something that's been bugging me lately.

I wish Misty'd get a cameo with Ash, and there'd be a hint, so I'd know the writers still favor it (seems like Ash's voice actress ships it? Or at least she really liked Ash and Misty's relationship. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it'd be nice if they asked her which girl she liked best... that's how they decided the shipping on Samurai Champloo, so it's worked like that at least once!)... or they did a flash-forward, with Ash and Misty sending off their own kid on a journey (although that kid wouldn't be Satsumi, and that'd also break my heart; I can't win XD). I want some kind of closure to it, partly so I can feel good about it and let. it. go. Seriously, it's been well over ten years, and... well, I don't think about it all the time like I did, but if Ash ever did show blatant jealousy over another girl, or got super-embarrassed and defensive when someone teased him about her... yeah, I'd still take it pretty hard. And not just because my current OTP is Satsumi and the person she falls in love with.

Well, that got rather long and rambling... I just have a lot of feelings about Pokeshipping. It's obsessive, and I kinda don't like it that I'm still hung up on it... but if there's anyone who gets it, it's you guys.

Last edited: