• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I only started shipping Ash and Misty 2 months ago.

Been pretty sad lately knowing that Ash and Misty getting together has becoming less likely but ill still support this ship till the end.

Anyway many people on reddit(r/pokemon), YouTube, and other forums are claiming that Pokeshipping hints were ALL or MOSTLY dub made. I know this issue is old and probably was already discussed on this thread, but I want to know what are your thoughts about this. Is this really true or not. Right now I believe that only few hints were dub made (i hope i'm right).

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I only started shipping Ash and Misty 2 months ago.

Been pretty sad lately knowing that Ash and Misty getting together has becoming less likely but ill still support this ship till the end.

Anyway many people on reddit(r/pokemon), YouTube, and other forums are claiming that Pokeshipping hints were ALL or MOSTLY dub made. I know this issue is old and probably was already discussed on this thread, but I want to know what are your thoughts about this. Is this really true or not. Right now I believe that only few hints were dub made (i hope i'm right).

Eh MOST of the ship biggest hints outside fo episdoes like "Misty meets her match" or some others were dub additions (Example: Jirachi Movie)

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

Are you kidding? No way. There're non-verbal hints, like when Ash and Misty get super-embarrassed and defensive when Team Rocket teases them about their relationship in "Pokeball Peril." Or when Ash gets jealous of Misty paying more attention to Danny in "Naval Maneuvers." I don't know about most, but... It doesn't really matter. Even one definitive hint is enough to prove that the writers were writing the ship into the show.

majormanafemale

Shippings never die. I wish the characters would age and there would be a couples league and that Ash and Misty would compete together. They would end up getting 2nd or 3rd as that is as high as you would expect of them.i know it will never happen but I can dream.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Shippings never die. I wish the characters would age and there would be a couples league and that Ash and Misty would compete together. They would end up getting 2nd or 3rd as that is as high as you would expect of them.i know it will never happen but I can dream.

Heheh, if there were a league like that, Ash would totally wanna compete, but he doesn't have a girlfriend... so he'd ask Misty to pretend. That'd make an interesting fic. Actually, that scenario would work for other Ash ships, too, but...

greninjamaster

Are you kidding? No way. There're non-verbal hints, like when Ash and Misty get super-embarrassed and defensive when Team Rocket teases them about their relationship in "Pokeball Peril." Or when Ash gets jealous of Misty paying more attention to Danny in "Naval Maneuvers." I don't know about most, but... It doesn't really matter. Even one definitive hint is enough to prove that the writers were writing the ship into the show.

People are in some massive denial if they say stuff like Pokeshipping was dub add on. Not even close.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·

Welcome Arcidiacono! Nice to see new people this month, welcome to the thread! Let's support the ship together till the end :3
really.. sure there were dub edits and changes here and there, but Pokeshipping HINTS aren't all DUB made and edits.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
In the last episode of the XYZ series, the writer of Pokemon said they left a secret message in "flower language", or something like that. Apparently when Ash returned home, in the last scene, you see flowers in front of the screen, and they're called Baby's Breath, which indicate eternal love... Misty's Japanese name, Kasumi happens to also originate from said flowers. There's absolutely no way around this, they indicate Misty. It's very obvious Amourshippers would deny this after having such an exciting episode for them, but we don't need to worry about that. Here's more about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5a6mnv/anime_flowers_at_the_end_of_xyz_discussion_new/

Eh I think the flowers weren' meant to be about Misty or any companion I think we discussed this already before, and we came to the conclusion that they referred to the friendship of Ash and his loved ones
Just sayin' coz we already deaed with this before

volcanionmaster123

Ok so I used to be a major Pokeshipper back in the days of OS and Johto. Especially in OS with the ship seemingly in full swing. Unfortunately, in my eyes, they completely destroyed the pairing in Johto (probably due to executive meddling) and here we are now. I was more disappointed with the fact that they kinda reduced Misty to a background character in Johto too but even then I still didn't give in. However, the OG farewell episode pissed me off to the point where I thought no other shipping would happen again and hoped in the future that they'd do something about Pokeshipping. Unfortunately, the lips kiss happened just a month ago, and it kinda saddened me tbh. No, I haven't been a shipper in over a decade and I knew they were pushing Satosere pretty damn hard and I should've seen it coming, but still. I kinda doubt those white flowers were about Misty cause I'm pretty sure the writers have almost completely forgotten about her at this point as sad as it is to admit. And think about it, would they really try to reference Misty out of nowhere in an episode where a certain different female companion just kissed the damn boy? As for how Satoshi will react to the kiss in the future, Idk

That being said, as jealous as I still am rn (not maliciously of course), there is no reason to go around celebrating that Serena left or start spamming "Satosere is dead" just cause you hate her. Yes, I want Misty to come back as much as anyone else on this thread, but these wars are just getting ridiculous. None of these shippings are fully "canon" quite yet, even Satosere. What it had was a canon moment, yes, much more than any other ship, but canonical relationship? I won't say no, but we'll see in the future. For now, it is what it is

volcanionmaster123

There's absolutely no way a secret message, flowers, which are the origin of Misty's name, would be just a coincidence.

Here's the thing with that, I heard all the Pokegirls' Japanese names originate from some type of flower so that "message" could literally mean anything.

Again, as much as I would love that message to be about Misty, I just can't see it. They wouldn't turn around and do something like that in a Satosere episode lol. Think about it, what would the purpose of that be? To say that Satoshi has feelings for someone else instead in an episode where he was just kissed? I know some people have criticized Serena for her "I'll be a more attractive woman" quote for being sexist or whatever but leaving a message like "yeah hey guys that kiss literally meant nothing cause Serena just a side chick to me lololololol" is probably an even worse message to send out (not that I'd care :p)

Before anyone misunderstands me, I'm not saying that those flowers HAS to be referencing Satosere/Amourshipping or whatever. Again, it could literally mean anything

But hey, tip to the the writers, if you guys for some reason want Satoshi to have feelings for Misty instead of Serena, at least address it somewhat in the show itself cause these "messages" are way too ambiguous

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Ok so I used to be a major Pokeshipper back in the days of OS and Johto. Especially in OS with the ship seemingly in full swing. Unfortunately, in my eyes, they completely destroyed the pairing in Johto (probably due to executive meddling) and here we are now. I was more disappointed with the fact that they kinda reduced Misty to a background character in Johto too but even then I still didn't give in. However, the OG farewell episode pissed me off to the point where I thought no other shipping would happen again and hoped in the future that they'd do something about Pokeshipping. Unfortunately, the lips kiss happened just a month ago, and it kinda saddened me tbh. No, I haven't been a shipper in over a decade and I knew they were pushing Satosere pretty damn hard and I should've seen it coming, but still. I kinda doubt those white flowers were about Misty cause I'm pretty sure the writers have almost completely forgotten about her at this point as sad as it is to admit. And think about it, would they really try to reference Misty out of nowhere in an episode where a certain different female companion just kissed the damn boy? As for how Satoshi will react to the kiss in the future, Idk

Here's the thing with that, I heard all the Pokegirls' Japanese names originate from some type of flower so that "message" could literally mean anything.

Again, as much as I would love that message to be about Misty, I just can't see it. They wouldn't turn around and do something like that in a Satosere episode lol. Think about it, what would the purpose of that be? To say that Satoshi has feelings for someone else instead in an episode where he was just kissed? I know some people have criticized Serena for her "I'll be a more attractive woman" quote for being sexist or whatever but leaving a message like "yeah hey guys that kiss literally meant nothing cause Serena just a side chick to me lololololol" is probably an even worse message to send out (not that I'd care :p)

Before anyone misunderstands me, I'm not saying that those flowers HAS to be referencing Satosere/Amourshipping or whatever. Again, it could literally mean anything

But hey, tip to the the writers, if you guys for some reason want Satoshi to have feelings for Misty instead of Serena, at least address it somewhat in the show itself cause these "messages" are way too ambiguous

No, it couldn't be a reference to anything, because they used the specific flower that Misty was named for. My point was always that there's no way the writers wouldn't have at least noticed that the flower has the same name as the character. I mean, it'd be pretty impossible for all of them to actually, literally forget a major character on the show that they've worked on for so long. My point wasn't that it was a Pokeshipping hint, but that it could be a reference to Misty, and by extension, to all of Ash's friends. You know, metomony. I mean, just prior to that, we had a scene where he remembers all the friends he made in Kalos, so it'd make sense to reference the others.

That being said, as jealous as I still am rn (not maliciously of course), there is no reason to go around celebrating that Serena left or start spamming "Satosere is dead" just cause you hate her. Yes, I want Misty to come back as much as anyone else on this thread, but these wars are just getting ridiculous. Yes, I want Misty to come back as much as anyone else on this thread, but these wars are just getting ridiculous. None of these shippings are fully "canon" quite yet, even Satosere. What it had was a canon moment, yes, much more than any other ship, but canonical relationship? I won't say no, but we'll see in the future. For now, it is what it is.

...What? When did that happen? Things have been really civil around here. Wars? You haven't seen ship wars if you think that's what this is.

Also, um... If you haven't been into the ship in a decade, I doubt you want Misty back as much as anyone else on this thread. Not to be mean about it, but some of us have kept it up this whole time, and actually had a pretty hard time with Serena kissing Ash. I was pretty depressed about it myself, even though I bounced back pretty quick... I don't think that would have been the case, though, if Amour had actually become canon. Not that that's necessarily a good thing; I kinda don't like it that I'm still hung up on it. But I am-- shipping has been a big part of my mental/emotional life since I was a small child, and Pokeshipping was my otp for over a decade. Plus, my current otp is related to it, so... All of those characters (especially Misty and my oc for her daughter) are a part of myself, and I'm really emotionally invested in their relationships. It's not necessarily a bad thing, either; it causes problems for me, but there are good things about it, too-- there are emotional highs as well as lows (actually, that's why there are lows-- because you don't want to lose the highs), it really helps with writing realistic, sympathetic characters (introspective, day-dreaming types are definitely more prone to this kind of thing; I think it's especially common among writers, and in fact is what compels many people to write in the first place)... But anyway, yeah, if something goes wrong with Pokeshipping, yeah, it's a big deal for me. It doesn't help that I'm in a bad place in life right now, and shipping is something that helps me cope. My emotional investment in shipping is something I'm embarrassed about, because people often don't understand it... but it's also a strange point of pride. That's why I bothered to talk about it here.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
That's how I also became a Pokeshipper, finding this community helped me go through rough times, so it became more important to me.
Same here. I love this fandom, but also, seeing your fellow shipper somewhat gives you that lively feeling despite how your shipping is being down. This is something that keeps me up, where the shippers in this fandom is keeping up the positivity or just see the fun side in this ship, despite of some certain events / despite this little hope we had for Misty's return or cameo.

at the same time, away from the shipping wars.

btw, I know it's Sun and Moon, but every time I saw fishing scenes in SM series, I sometimes wonder if Ash would bring/use Misty lure again. it's not that I'm expecting it or anything. I guess it's not happening again.XDXD

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Same here. I love this fandom, but also, seeing your fellow shipper somewhat gives you that lively feeling despite how your shipping is being down. This is something that keeps me up, where the shippers in this fandom is keeping up the positivity or just see the fun side in this ship, despite of some certain events / despite this little hope we had for Misty's return or cameo.

btw, I know it's Sun and Moon, but every time I saw fishing scenes in SM series, I sometimes wonder if Ash would bring/use Misty lure again. it's not that I'm expecting it or anything. I guess it's not happening again.XDXD

Yeah, meeting fellow shippers is great. Before I had the internet, I thought it was just me. Well, I didn't think it could be just me; it seemed entirely unlikely that I was unique. But I thought that there probably weren't many people like me... I was actually really curious about whether it was a thing or not, whether it had been talked about. I thought there definitely wouldn't be many people who cared about Ash and Misty from Pokemon, of all things. I wondered if there were any people who cared about Ash and May like I cared about Ash and Misty, thought it'd be great to talk to someone like that, too. Looking back on it, of course the things that got to me about the ship got to other people as well. I knew to search online, though, if I wanted to find other people who felt the same way. And this is where I ended up.

majormanafemale

I think after buizel incident with lure while Ash still has it with him but wouldn't use the Misty lure for fear of loosing it. He considers it so special he wouldn't want to loose it. I have always imagined sometimes when its been a few days sence he has called Misty when at center he talks to the Misty lure in the woods.

Last edited:

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Looking back on it, of course the things that got to me about the ship got to other people as well. I knew to search online, though, if I wanted to find other people who felt the same way. And this is where I ended up.

I started out shipping before I even know the term shipping, then it got me here, specially when I finally know Ash and Misty shipping name.XD

I think after buizel incident with lure while Ash still has it with him but wouldn't use the Misty lure for fear of loosing it. He considers it so special he wouldn't want to loose it. I have always imagined sometimes when its been a few days sence he has called Misty when at center he talks to the Misty lure in the woods.

Yeah, I actually thought of it as a headcanon, that Ash keeping the mini Misty lure for safe keeping.XD but I still can't help to think about the lure every time there's a fishing episode in the series.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I started out shipping before I even know the term shipping, then it got me here, specially when I finally know Ash and Misty shipping name.XD

Heheh, I started shipping before shipping even was a term. Granted, it wasn't Pokeshipping then, because Pokemon didn't exist, either, but... It was with Pokeshipping that I really started to wonder about other people who were like me.

bossmanham

Hey all, I actually haven't watched the anime in years, but I got nostalgic the other day and began geeking out on Ash x Misty art because, well, that's what I knew. I'm sorry the series has moved away from Misty as she was always one of my favorite anime females, but I'm glad to see she lives on in the hearts of the fans. I heard the ship was still strongly supported on these forums. Here's to hoping she comes back in a significant way.

Maybe they'll throw us millenials a bone and give us a future miniseries someday where Ash and Misty get together. Even if it's an alternate reality sort of thing. But I know the odds of that are slim to none.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
So the 20th movie is a retelling of the beginning of Ash's journey. A pretty big deal since at the very least, we will more than likely get to see Misty, Brock, & Gary again, even if only in a rehash story. Does make me wonder if it's just a straight abridging or if they're making any noticeable changes to the original events. Ho-oh might be getting more focus judging by the poster & Ash appears to have an altered hat. So changes are likely.

This could mean big changes to how Ash & Misty 1st meet or interact with one another compared to the original episodes. Misty & Brock may not even be travelling companions in this version & are just gym leaders (although I feel that'd be cutting too close to Origins to make sense) or maybe the arguing between Ash & Misty is toned down so it doesn't get in the way of the plot too much, meaning more moments of the 2 actually being friendly.