• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

bossmanham

This could mean big changes to how Ash & Misty 1st meet or interact with one another compared to the original episodes. Misty & Brock may not even be travelling companions in this version & are just gym leaders

That would be extremely disappointing. They'd better not mess with the core of the story and the importance of Misty and Brock to the beginning of his journey.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
They could give the ending Ash and Misty deserved all those many years ago.

There's no telling how far they'll go with a reimagining or in what direction. For all we know, they'll retcon in some Serena scenes, like make it that 1 of Ash's reasons for going on the journey to begin with was to find that 1 girl he met when he was younger or something. Ok, that sounds implausible but it's an example of possible directions this film could go.

Speaking of which, guess what was spotted in the teaser?
sksbuI0.jpg

bossmanham

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Frankly, from someone on the outside who wasn't that invested until recently, Serena looks like just another tagalong who leaves to me.

Misty and Brock are ubiquitous with Pokemon. Especially to us millennials who have all this expendable income.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
There's no telling how far they'll go with a reimagining or in what direction. For all we know, they'll retcon in some Serena scenes, like make it that 1 of Ash's reasons for going on the journey to begin with was to find that 1 girl he met when he was younger or something. Ok, that sounds implausible but it's an example of possible directions this film could go.

View attachment 16381

I really doubt that'd happen, because it doesn't fit Ash's character at all. In fact, it kinda runs contrary to his character. UNLESS they were setting this in the Mirror World, as some have suggested. But even then... Serena was still the one who had the hots for Ash. And her involvement in the series is pretty much over; even if she does get a special, I doubt they'd feature her in an upcoming movie. Misty's a little different, because this is an origin movie, and she was the first. So... I always did say that that gave her an advantage.

I think, that if there's even one Pokeshipping hint, it'd mean that the writers haven't forgotten about Poke... and maybe even that they mean for Ash and Misty to end up together. What if they did that flash-forward they had in the trailer, where Misty is with a kid who's implied to be hers and Ash's? I'd... actually, I wouldn't like that so much, because of Satsumi. It's probably not going to happen, anyway, because it'd preclude any other Ash-ship, and I don't think the writers would want to do that. At least, not while the series is still going.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
^ Agree

I think, that if there's even one Pokeshipping hint, it'd mean that the writers haven't forgotten about Poke... and maybe even that they mean for Ash and Misty to end up together. What if they did that flash-forward they had in the trailer, where Misty is with a kid who's implied to be hers and Ash's?

Oh that would be an interesting note. The little girl... I know there wasn't a full confirmation, and the little girl's identity seems a mystery. ,Agreed as well. I think Pokeshipping wasn't really forgotten, so as Misty.

I'm not expecting much, but I think there could be possibility of Misty and Brock there, unless they remain as gym leaders not as his companion in that movie. But I still hope seeing them, especially Misty.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

View attachment 16381

Too out of character for Ash. He's the type of person that loves the journey and experience. He's already a flat character, doing this would make him a cliche character.

Epicocity

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5a6mnv/anime_flowers_at_the_end_of_xyz_discussion_new/

I believe it was discussed but Misty's Japanese name is related to Baby Breath flower, many Amourshippers think it's Serena returning and whatnot as a hint. I think it's a hint towards movie 20 where Misty, Brock and Ash will appear.

You despite being an Amourshipper myself, I never took it that way. Yajima pretty much explicitly stated it was not a reference to a character but a message of his gratitude to everyone. I think reading into it further would just be a setup for disappointment on every side. That they included it in the movie is really just a nice continuity detail set in an alternate world.

greninjamaster

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Frankly, from someone on the outside who wasn't that invested until recently, Serena looks like just another tagalong who leaves to me.

Misty and Brock are ubiquitous with Pokemon. Especially to us millennials who have all this expendable income.

Completely agree. Misty is iconic, Serena is not. Point blank, period.

I think, that if there's even one Pokeshipping hint, it'd mean that the writers haven't forgotten about Poke... and maybe even that they mean for Ash and Misty to end up together. What if they did that flash-forward they had in the trailer, where Misty is with a kid who's implied to be hers and Ash's? I'd... actually, I wouldn't like that so much, because of Satsumi. It's probably not going to happen, anyway, because it'd preclude any other Ash-ship, and I don't think the writers would want to do that. At least, not while the series is still going.

I think they'll definitely bank on the nostaligia and that includes Pokeshipping as well. Wouldn't surprise me if they gave us a prelude to that specific scene in Pokemon The First Movie trailer.

Last edited:

volcanionmaster123

Not sure how to feel about this announcement. On one hand, I'm excited to see Misty again most likely after so long. However, it just feels too good to be true. This is Pokémon here fellas, they always screw something up in some way. I think someone else on here said it best, this might not be a perfect recall of Satoshi's original Kanto journey. Hell, this might even be a different Satoshi all together, different universe, different events. Who knows what they're gonna do with this pairing. Whatever they want to do for this pairing in this movie might not even be a thing in the main series canon if they go the AU route, but hey, if they make Pokeshipping canon in AU, I'll actually be somewhat satisfied cause that's at least something. I'd be willing to accept Satosere in main canon by that point (that's if it happens which is still unknown)

Bottom line is, get hyped, don't overhype it too much. Please. Cause if it ends up being a disappointment, it will sting badly and it sucks

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oh that would be an interesting note. The little girl... I know there wasn't a full confirmation, and the little girl's identity seems a mystery.

She's an anime representation of Juri Ihata, one of the two singers of the song that "trailer" is a music video of. The other woman in the video is Voyager, a minor character from the movie voiced by Sachiko Kobayashi, the other singer of that song, as well as the singer of the movie's theme song (and a number of other Pokemon songs from that era).

The "daughter" thing is just some odd fan theory that seems too have little basis in anything beyond "I see a lot of people say this so it's probably true".

(sorry for that derailment)

Last edited:

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
She's an anime representation of Juri Ihata, one of the two singers of the song that "trailer" is a music video of. The other woman in the video is Voyager, a minor character from the movie voiced by Sachiko Kobayashi, the other singer of that song, as well as the singer of the movie's theme song (and a number of other Pokemon songs from that era).

The "daughter" thing is just some odd fan theory that seems too have little basis in anything beyond "I see a lot of people say this so it's probably true".

Oh, I see. My bad. and thank you for the clarification and explanation :D

Not sure how to feel about this announcement. On one hand, I'm excited to see Misty again most likely after so long. However, it just feels too good to be true. This is Pokémon here fellas, they always screw something up in some way. I think someone else on here said it best, this might not be a perfect recall of Satoshi's original Kanto journey. Hell, this might even be a different Satoshi all together, different universe, different events. Who knows what they're gonna do with this pairing. Whatever they want to do for this pairing in this movie might not even be a thing in the main series canon if they go the AU route, but hey, if they make Pokeshipping canon in AU, I'll actually be somewhat satisfied cause that's at least something. I'd be willing to accept Satosere in main canon by that point (that's if it happens which is still unknown)

Bottom line is, get hyped, don't overhype it too much. Please. Cause if it ends up being a disappointment, it will sting badly and it sucks

BUT
ash.mentioned.that.he.caught.a.tauros.before.in.pokemon.sun.and.moon

in.ep.1

greninjamaster

I don't think you'll have to accept that in the main canon because as with all the past characters, they're forgotten and replaced with the next batch of new characters. But this new movie can definitely re-introduce people to Pokeshipping though especially those that have not seen the OS.

Granted out of all the Pokegirls Misty is the most iconic and recognizable. Mainly cause back then Pokemon was a global phenomenon, even people whom didn't watch Pokemon knew whom Misty was. That's how huge it was.

I don't think you'll have to accept that in the main canon because as with all the past characters, they're forgotten and replaced with the next batch of new characters. But this new movie can definitely re-introduce people to Pokeshipping though especially those that have not seen the OS.

Granted out of all the Pokegirls Misty is the most iconic and recognizable. Mainly cause back then Pokemon was a global phenomenon, even people whom didn't watch Pokemon knew whom Misty was. That's how huge it was.

Suprisingly.this.happened.because.the.sun.and.moon.anime.is.a.school.anime.and.I.truly.want.it.to.finish.fast.cuz.ash.can.get.adventuring.again.and.i.also.didnt.expect.this.kind.of.movie.at.this.time.since.a.school.anime.is.just.not.as.dramatic,emotional.or.usually.has.this.kind.of.stuff.but.I.hope.alola.is.finshed.when.this.movie.comes.out

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

I don't know if that's true... Is that what they said, officially? Because it doesn't make a lot of sense, because in that trailer, Ihata doesn't play a character, she's talking to a group of kids... which actually emphacizes that she's older. I don't know why they would choose to represent her as a little kid when she's not even playing one. She doesn't interact with Misty or the other character at all. In fact, the voice-over and the images don't really have anything to do with each other.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't know if that's true... Is that what they said, officially? Because it doesn't make a lot of sense, because in that trailer, Ihata doesn't play a character, she's talking to a group of kids... which actually emphacizes that she's older. I don't know why they would choose to represent her as a little kid when she's not even playing one.

Ihata sings the part of the little girl in the song. She was 8 years old at the time. The part of the adult woman is sung by Kobayashi.