• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
With this movie being not what I expected I think The Loud House Movie will be much better.

The Pokemon writing staff is continuing to diss us Pokeshippers. We don't want alternate universes, we want straight remakes.

RosyAutumn

PokéShipper
I LOVE POKESHIPPING!!! My OTP!! Like many other girls misty had shown attraction toward ash and it's obvious she likes him. But unlike the other girls, misty's love toward ash doesn't seem like it is one-sided. There were so many hints in the anime that ash has romantic feelings for misty, he is just too young to realize that. I hope misty returns so ash can be with her!

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I LOVE POKESHIPPING!!! My OTP!! Like many other girls misty had shown attraction toward ash and it's obvious she likes him. But unlike the other girls, misty's love toward ash doesn't seem like it is one-sided. There were so many hints in the anime that ash has romantic feelings for misty, he is just too young to realize that. I hope misty returns so ash can be with her!

We all, well maybe most of us really do wish for the same: To see Misty back again and see her interaction with Ash. Though it seems really impossible, specially the 2oth movie didn't give the original trio a shot , we can just continue on supporting it right?XDXD Oh and welcome to the thread RosyAutumn!

Ashmisty

If you mean their interactions, I like when they argue and fight alot. I find it hilarious at how easily Ash gets Misty riled up by starting things with his teasing and such. It's even more hilarious when Misty sort of overreacts to it and ends up yelling at him or hitting him.

You mean for the movie? It's an alternate universe timeline, but this really has nothing to do with Pokeshipping at all tbh.

Lol.even I find their fighting n arguments hilarious n cute.n I love watching pissed off misty lol.she is fun.but I was asking what u like in ash n misty's character individually?

With this movie being not what I expected I think The Loud House Movie will be much better.

The Pokemon writing staff is continuing to diss us Pokeshippers. We don't want alternate universes, we want straight remakes.

No misty or brock in the movie? :/..I feel very bad the way they are neglecting misty's character.it's been ages since we last saw her :(.i miss pokeshipping

Pokeshipping is my OTP too :).i think misty is not merely attracted to him or likes him.i think She is head over heals in love with him lol.n I agree her feelings aren't one sided.ash has shown feelings for her too.i think he would remain 10 forever :/.i really wish to see ash n misty together at the end it would be a perfect ending IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

zdbz_sn

Tumblr's onegirlarmy did a translation of a pokeshipping moment from Takeshi Shudo's Pokemon novelization.

“You mentioned it’s certain that I’ll win with a water Pokémon. In that case, I’ll just stick to using an electric type. See ya.”

Ash began to walk away.

“What’s his problem?” Misty shrugged.

“What’s your relationship with that boy?” the old man asked.

“Huh?” replied Misty.

“For example, are you his girlfriend? Or his fiancé?”

“Fiancé?” Misty had never heard these words before.

“Meaning, a relationship where you’re promised to marry each other…”

“Marriage….! I’m only 10!”

“Then you’re like the lid to his pot. I can see you two as Nidorina and Nidoran.”

“What?” She had no idea what he was talking about.

Nidorina and Nidoran were Poison type Pokémon, with close and matching names.

“What I mean, Miss, is that you and the boy look good together.”

Misty turned bright red.

“Y-y-y-you’re joking right! Who would say such scandalous……it was him. He said these things, didn’t he?” Misty lashed.

“No. It’s just, you two just looked like you got along well…”

“Unforgivable. A marriage like that would absolutely… My parents might forgive him but I wouldn’t. The real me would never forgive him. Never. Ash! Wait up!” Misty ran after Ash.

zdbz_sn

What is Pokemon novelisation?..this scene looks cute..when did it happen..n what did She mean by the last statement :/

Takeshi Shudo produced two volumes of books about the Pokemon anime, full of trivia and character info that he couldn't work into the show for one reason or other, and with a few scenes like the one above. It never happened in the anime, unfortunately. I have no idea what that last line means.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Where is the "English dub Ash/Misty voices going for a ride in the car using the voices" video everyone's talking about?

I posted that in the thread before, Last Oct. 20 2016, sorry for quoting it instead because I felt lazy to repost the links again They are all from Misty's English VA's twitter account post so yeah. It was cute that Ash and Misty English VA are buddies and they do the AAML voice acting while they're driving. XD

Hi everyone, yesterday, Rachael Lillis (Misty's VA) posted something on her twitter page. It seems that she and Vernonica Taylor (Ash's VA) were hanging out. She posted a total 4 videos, with her and Veronica, doing their characters of Misty and Ash respectively. Since it hasn't been posted, I just wanna share to those who haven't seen it...here.

https://twitter.com/RachaelLillis/status/788404655243923456
#AshandMistyInLA
CAPTIONS:
Racheal: Ash is… driving me around L.A.!
Veronica: Yeah, and Misty’s just… driving me crazy! Ha!
Racheal: [laughs]

https://twitter.com/RachaelLillis/status/788415220196651008
CAPTIONS:
Racheal: Ash, this is a dead end!
Veronica: Um, yeah, but.. always full of possibilities!
Veronica: I’m gonna turn around…

https://twitter.com/RachaelLillis/status/788459302671360000
CAPTIONS:
Racheal: Why can’t we have a Lapras car?
Veronica:Why aren’t we on Charizard?! [Racheal laughs] Waste of time.
Racheal: Why can’t we fly!
Veronica: Yeah.
Racheal: Like, I mean, we’re… fictional characters–
Veronica: Um, this is real, okay?
Racheal: It is?
Veronica: [voice cracking horribly] Yeah it is!
Racheal: How did we get here?
Veronica: I dunno, why is my voice squeaking so–?!

https://twitter.com/RachaelLillis/status/788470878723907584
TITLE: Ash and Misty vs The LAW
CAPTIONSl:
Racheal: Ash, do you, um… have a driver’s license?
Veronica: UHHHH… I’ve got… a spare pair of underwear! Aaaand… uh, that’s about it…
Racheal: I am so telling your mom.
Veronica: Um, Misty–Misty–! Wait, wait–!
Racheal: Nah, I’m to–Nah, I got her on the phone–I got her on the phone.
Veronica: …phone? We don’t have phones! Uh…
Racheal: Ye–We… yes we do!
[laughter]

This just bring some memories,for me, for some reasons,Hearing their US VA's AAML voices,.. I really miss Misty's English voice, and I miss more how Ash and Misty talk to each other.

Ashmisty

Takeshi Shudo produced two volumes of books about the Pokemon anime, full of trivia and character info that he couldn't work into the show for one reason or other, and with a few scenes like the one above. It never happened in the anime, unfortunately. I have no idea what that last line means.
Ohh.i wish they showed the scene in the anime :/

Another question..ur favourite pokeshipping scene?

Last edited by a moderator:
Always enjoyed the 2nd movie for my enjoyment of ash and misty

Though as i look back its hard not to notice the ever increasing gap between apperences. Not to be a debbiedowner but its been 14 years since she was last a main character. Makes me sad, also had one of the writers comment that they never would bring her back as one again only in small cameo apperences. But the last one of those she had was like 12 years ago during the advanced story arc in 2005. So that alone is quite depressing to me and shows they realy have no future for misty going forward. But maybe one day we will get some glimmer of hope and we will get a throwback to Misty.

I want to point something out about Misty's handkerchief.
I was reading a blog post about it goo.gl/Nz82w0 and i realized something from the Japanese song from the first movie. "poketto ni fantaji"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXLOHJPwVI&t=157s

At 2:38 she says "I wanted to give the handmade present that has been in my pocket back then"

This song also plays in the early trailer of first movie where we see a grown-up Misty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TptDRzKkQA

So maybe this means pokéshipping was canon at some point?

Last edited:

majormanafemale

My favorite Pokeshipping scene is wear Tracey accuses Ash and Misty of the truth. Then they almost pound his head in. It's just so Ash and Misty. I also like when Ash falls off cliff when Misty isn't cheering for him and Misty trying to jump after Ash in the movie. The stopping was weird though.

Ashmisty

Always enjoyed the 2nd movie for my enjoyment of ash and misty

Though as i look back its hard not to notice the ever increasing gap between apperences. Not to be a debbiedowner but its been 14 years since she was last a main character. Makes me sad, also had one of the writers comment that they never would bring her back as one again only in small cameo apperences. But the last one of those she had was like 12 years ago during the advanced story arc in 2005. So that alone is quite depressing to me and shows they realy have no future for misty going forward. But maybe one day we will get some glimmer of hope and we will get a throwback to Misty.
i feel you..i miss her a lot..i also think that they won't ever bring her back as a main character but a minor appearance wouldn't hurt them..it makes me sad that it was a long time ago when i last saw her :/..it would really be the best thing if they make her a main character for atleast 1 season

Ashmisty

@zdbz_sn..i love that last scene from maiden's peak..when ash was speechless when he saw misty in her kimono..i don't blame him..she is a gorgeous girl :D
@majormanafemale...i love all those scenes too...especially the cliff scene where ash got jealous when misty was showing extra concern for danny..i just love that scene..one of the best hints that ash too has feelings for her...n there was this scene in that movie where ash jumps off of the cliff to save pikachu..n misty while crying was about to jump after him..why did the makers delete that scene..stupid them!!..it could have been the biggest hint that misty loves ash.

my next question-what would ash n misty be like as adults..i mean how would they behave if they became a couple after turning into adults?..this question has always intrigued me.though i have read many fanfictions about them as adults n in a relationship..but how would they behave in the anime?..especially ash lol

I was bored and thought up some random way of how they could bring misty back to the anime..

First the easiest way would simply be to have a water Pokémon tourney in Aloha. Similar to the whirl cup have it take place on some island where top trainers are invited to battle to win the trophy. Ash gets an invite along with misty being a gym leader and thus the tourney can take place over a few episodes. This is where the episode can be changed based on the approach of the reveal. They can have one version where ash and misty run into each other and talk about old times and promise to fight to win being on opposite sides of the tourney and thus face off in the finals. Ash can bring in his array of water Pokémon over the years for some nostalgia along with showing misty defeating foes as well to make it to the final.

Or on the flip side they don't have them reconnect and instead its solely from ash's perspective where he's focused on the next battle and gets to the final to only then realize he's up against misty. This then concludes with a full match with each other battling it out for water Pokémon supremacy. One idea that would be cool to have would be a rematch with ash’s Kingler against misty’s psyduck. They have a quick throwback to ash remembering psyduck is strong when it gets a headache and thus attacks from range with a hyper beam or other ranged attack. Which in turn is to showcase that misty has trained psyduck to be able to use psychic without getting a headache and able to turn Kingler’s attack on itself and give psyduck the advantage. Though it’s still unable to swim cause it’s not perfect.

Battle concludes with Misty’s Gyarados defeating Ash’s final pokemon and it gives misty a strong outing defeating ash while still making him look strong. At the end of the episode Ash and misty hang out and travel together for a few episodes or w/e till she returns back to the gym.

-----

I also thought of another way to have her join back with ash as a travel companion. Ash and misty at Oak’s lab before he heads out to the new area and Misty comments how she never wanted to stop traveling the world to be the best water Pokémon master and that her dream still remains. They stop by the Cerulean gym where she tries to get her sister to take over the gym again. While they first refuse, misty tells them how she never completed her dream and thus wants to travel the world again. She also tells them how many favors she has done for them covering the gym the past however many seasons it’s been and they accept if she leaves most of her Pokémon behind.
So she takes with her to the new area.
Gyarados – ultimate badass
Psyduck – comic relief with the ability to be a lifesaver with psychic
Azurill – Seems to fill in the void of Togepi where it’s her mascot Pokémon.
And the last spot would be one of the following 3
Politoed – strong but goofy, didn’t get much time to showcase itself after it evolved in johto.
Staryu – was one of her most used throughout the series that is easily connected to her character.
Starmie – Little used in the original series usually being weaker then staryu so could get a redemption arc where it’s used more often and gets its time to shine.
Lastly she would have two open spots for new captures of new Pokémon.

And why not just before they head off to the new zone Brock shows up to join the crew to make a reunion as they head off for more adventure.

Ashmisty

I was bored and thought up some random way of how they could bring misty back to the anime..

First the easiest way would simply be to have a water Pokémon tourney in Aloha. Similar to the whirl cup have it take place on some island where top trainers are invited to battle to win the trophy. Ash gets an invite along with misty being a gym leader and thus the tourney can take place over a few episodes. This is where the episode can be changed based on the approach of the reveal. They can have one version where ash and misty run into each other and talk about old times and promise to fight to win being on opposite sides of the tourney and thus face off in the finals. Ash can bring in his array of water Pokémon over the years for some nostalgia along with showing misty defeating foes as well to make it to the final.

Or on the flip side they don't have them reconnect and instead its solely from ash's perspective where he's focused on the next battle and gets to the final to only then realize he's up against misty. This then concludes with a full match with each other battling it out for water Pokémon supremacy. One idea that would be cool to have would be a rematch with ash’s Kingler against misty’s psyduck. They have a quick throwback to ash remembering psyduck is strong when it gets a headache and thus attacks from range with a hyper beam or other ranged attack. Which in turn is to showcase that misty has trained psyduck to be able to use psychic without getting a headache and able to turn Kingler’s attack on itself and give psyduck the advantage. Though it’s still unable to swim cause it’s not perfect.

Battle concludes with Misty’s Gyarados defeating Ash’s final pokemon and it gives misty a strong outing defeating ash while still making him look strong. At the end of the episode Ash and misty hang out and travel together for a few episodes or w/e till she returns back to the gym.

-----

I also thought of another way to have her join back with ash as a travel companion. Ash and misty at Oak’s lab before he heads out to the new area and Misty comments how she never wanted to stop traveling the world to be the best water Pokémon master and that her dream still remains. They stop by the Cerulean gym where she tries to get her sister to take over the gym again. While they first refuse, misty tells them how she never completed her dream and thus wants to travel the world again. She also tells them how many favors she has done for them covering the gym the past however many seasons it’s been and they accept if she leaves most of her Pokémon behind.
So she takes with her to the new area.
Gyarados – ultimate badass
Psyduck – comic relief with the ability to be a lifesaver with psychic
Azurill – Seems to fill in the void of Togepi where it’s her mascot Pokémon.
And the last spot would be one of the following 3
Politoed – strong but goofy, didn’t get much time to showcase itself after it evolved in johto.
Staryu – was one of her most used throughout the series that is easily connected to her character.
Starmie – Little used in the original series usually being weaker then staryu so could get a redemption arc where it’s used more often and gets its time to shine.
Lastly she would have two open spots for new captures of new Pokémon.

And why not just before they head off to the new zone Brock shows up to join the crew to make a reunion as they head off for more adventure.
Excellent ideas.I'm sure there are many ways to bring misty back for a while but I don't understand why the makers not tend to do that :/..I hate them for it.

majormanafemale

@zdbz_sn..i love that last scene from maiden's peak..when ash was speechless when he saw misty in her kimono..i don't blame him..she is a gorgeous girl :D@majormanafemale...i love all those scenes too...especially the cliff scene where ash got jealous when misty was showing extra concern for danny..i just love that scene..one of the best hints that ash too has feelings for her...n there was this scene in that movie where ash jumps off of the cliff to save pikachu..n misty while crying was about to jump after him..why did the makers delete that scene..stupid them!!..it could have been the biggest hint that misty loves ash.my next question-what would ash n misty be like as adults..i mean how would they behave if they became a couple after turning into adults?..this question has always intrigued me.though i have read many fanfictions about them as adults n in a relationship..but how would they behave in the anime?..especially ash lol
I really don't see them being much different they are Ash and .Misty. They will still want to save the world. Be stubborn with bit of temper and enjoy the flirting arguments. Just after one of those they will kiss. And maybe after married will make love after one of those.