• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·

That second pic. I wanna keep replaying that scene. Seeing Ash and Misty battle has always been my favorite. From the Perfect Match , Dueling Heroes, Totodile Duel then that Ash vs Misty in SM. ugh. Good battle moments.

I liked the battle between Misty and Ash in Alola. He got to prove to Misty how much stronger he's become since they last met. I really like how light-hearted their moments were.

Same here. Despite Ash getting all the advantage to their battle, Misty also proves that she's a worthy of an opponent to Ash. Overall good battle episode!
Or right, 2 more days and it'll be whispers: POKESHIPPING WEEK \^ ^/

Ashmisty

Since the thread is quite slow I would post a question-If pokemon is ever made into a Hollywood movie,which actor and actress would you like to see portraying ash and misty?

zdbz_sn

I don't know that I have any specific names in mind; I would want actual kids cast, and a boy of Asian descent cast as Ash.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
With the Kanto episodes being current in the US I felt it was time to introduce a topic.

What songs remind you of Pokeshipping?

One song that really speaks Pokeshipping to me is Somewhere Out There by Our Lady Peace. I had the pleasure of first hearing this song over a decade ago, and as time went on I realized the lyrics could easily be Misty speaking about her times with Ash (replacing purple hair with raven hair of course), given all the various journeys that he has been on since Misty left the group.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hi everyone. I used to ship Satoshi and Kasumi about a decade ago, and recently the second movie has rekindled my interest in the ship because of all the emphasis on Kasumi liking Satoshi there. I always wished that Kasumi would've confessed her feelings in that film but she didn't, which disappointed me. When Kasumi left the show at the end of Jouto, I was hoping that she'd tell Satoshi her feelings back then too, but when she didn't I kind of jumped off the bandwagon unfortunately. I guess deep down I didn't like how PokeShipping had no resolution, but it's still my second favorite Pokemon ship.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Hi everyone. I used to ship Satoshi and Kasumi about a decade ago, and recently the second movie has rekindled my interest in the ship because of all the emphasis on Kasumi liking Satoshi there. I always wished that Kasumi would've confessed her feelings in that film but she didn't, which disappointed me. When Kasumi left the show at the end of Jouto, I was hoping that she'd tell Satoshi her feelings back then too, but when she didn't I kind of jumped off the bandwagon unfortunately. I guess deep down I didn't like how PokeShipping had no resolution, but it's still my second favorite Pokemon ship.

It's ok, we all have Pokeshipping deep in our hearts in our own very ways.
You know what, sometimes I asked myself, what if Misty confessed? What will Ash say? Will they get awkward? what happens next? To think that Ash would probably laugh it off or consider it as a joke, or maybe Ash will still remain oblivious if Misty ever confessed in GCYL. XDXD In some ways, I like how Misty, instead of confessing, her line and her conclusion on her feelings in GCYL is truly lovable, she didn't stay because she wanted Ash for herself, but despite she likes him , she still went on the decision on follow her sisters in taking over the gym.
One of my favorite lines from Ash in GCYL would probably him telling that meeting each other wasn't a coincidence. I guess that's really something to consider how their bonds is as strong despite all the travels, arguments, and all they've been through even the distance so to say.

Ok, I got random thought atm. sorry.XDXD

Kein

AKA Silktree
I guess deep down I didn't like how PokeShipping had no resolution, but it's still my second favorite Pokemon ship.
It's hard to imagine how Ash would have reacted to a confession. Serena kissed him right at the very end without giving him a chance to respond, because there wasn't anything he could have said. At least Misty gets to return (albeit infrequently) without that baggage interfering. I actually like how their feelings were handled in a subtle way.

"Well, Ash Ketchum, finally, I know how you feel about me."

I assume that this isn't a dub-only line since Dogasu's site doesn't mention it. Either way, the fact that Ash cried says a lot, although as far as he knew Brock was leaving, too.

Last edited:

Ashmisty

It's hard to imagine how Ash would have reacted to a confession. Serena kissed him right at the very end without giving him a chance to respond, because there wasn't anything he could have said. At least Misty gets to return (albeit infrequently) without that baggage interfering. I actually like how their feelings were handled in a subtle way.

"Well, Ash Ketchum, finally, I know how you feel about me."

I assume that this isn't a dub-only line since Dogasu's site doesn't mention it. Either way, the fact that Ash cried says a lot, although as far as he knew Brock was leaving, too.
I agree,well after seeing Pokemon’s episodes for nth number of times,I do think that ash feels the same about misty.I think it’s pretty obvious,I still wonder had misty confessed,what ash’s reaction would have been,it’s hard to predict knowing ash’s character,but I think the writers kind of deliberately left it like that with her line at the end of course “ I know how you feel about me “,I think the beauty and essence of pokeshipping lies in the fact that they both have feelings for each other,without a confession.It feels more right this way.and the writers like to play it safe,they have always given open endings,it’s mostly up to the viewers to interpret.I think ash and misty’s relationship is subtle and unique,it’s perfect for me,I don’t know if I should give the credit to the writing,maybe I should,because it felt very natural,development took place gradually and smoothly,and the episode of misty’s goodbye said a lot.

Last edited:

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! Hope everyone is doing as BLAST!

This is the season for saying goodbye for 2017 and moving forward to 2018! Of course, as the years goes by, how much I love this ship will not fade and gone.
As for topic. What would be Ash surprise Misty in New Year's Eve? or vice versa. or AAML: Kissed under a mistletoe scenario? XDXD

Ashmisty

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! Hope everyone is doing as BLAST!

This is the season for saying goodbye for 2017 and moving forward to 2018! Of course, as the years goes by, how much I love this ship will not fade and gone.
As for topic. What would be Ash surprise Misty in New Year's Eve? or vice versa. or AAML: Kissed under a mistletoe scenario? XDXD

I think ash visiting misty at her gym would be a good surprise for her,and if he manages to get her togetic along xD,misty can surprise ash with a rare nice pokemon as he has a penchant for them only,maybe if she gives him a quick kiss on his cheek would be a good surprise too xD.I wonder how ash would react if they both accidentally end up under the mistletoe though.

Ashmisty

hi everyone,how are you all,since the thread is a little inactive I would post a question here-" what according to you makes pokeshipping unique or stand out among the rest?I would like to post my thoughts here.there are many factors about pokeshipping which make it beautiful for me-

1.the thing which I like the most about pokeshipping is the selfless love and care which misty has shown for ash throughout the OS.at first she didn't like him,and only thought of him as some brat who was a bike wrecker and injured his pokemon,but in the very second episode she changed her perception of him,she got to see what kind of a person he really is and gradually started warming up to him and started considering him as her friend whom she can fully trust.in the course of time she started developing feelings for him and it was quite evident on a lot of occasions,she started to deeply care for him,would worry for him,would watch over him,without expecting anything in return,I saw it as selfless love,devotion and commitment towards her best friend,it was just beautiful to see!she always used to motivate him,even if she had to be harsh on him when his ego got the better of him,a lot of anti-pokeshippers have used this fact against her,some of them have watered down misty's character to a "tsundere which abused ash",and it really saddens me!anyway this is one factor.

2.another aspect is that I think this is the only ash ship which has that mutual-factor.a lot of ash's actions towards misty are debatable for many but I,like many pokeshippers believe that he does return her feelings,because she is the only girl he has gotten jealous over,several times I think,you don't get jealous over a mere friend like that,he has even blushed when he has been teased about his relationship with her,and ash ketchum rarely blushes,let alone over a girl,lol!!I really liked the way he got possessive of her lure in one episode,it was really sweet!though I think he is completely unaware about the fact that he might sees misty in a different light because this is all normal for him when it comes to misty,most of his feelings are based on instincts,moreover,he is a dense,naive 10 year old who can't see past his pokemon and food XD,it's kind of cute though!!

3.I think ash and misty had the most emotional goodbye!!I still cry while watching that episode!!from misty thinking that ash doesn't really care about her as much as she does,running away feeling dejected over his insenstivity reflected in that comment which he made without thinking much,to ash getting to know that misty didn't follow him only because of a stupid bike,but at this point,she really wants to stay with him,the episode had it all and was beautiful in its own way!it was more of ash and misty's goodbye for me,than the trio separating,because remember,brock had already separated from them in an episode,but later came back!so IMO,the episode was focused more on ash and misty!also,misty finally got to know that ash does care about her a lot,considers her an important part of his life,before she was uncertain about what position does she really hold in his life,a part of me feels that this is the reason she never really confessed her feelings to him while travelling with him,because she was uncertain about what she was to him and all that,but her doubts got cleared in the episode "gotta catch ya later",hence her self realisation"well ash ketchum,I finally know how you feel about me",she got to know that she has entrusted her feelings to the right person,so no confession was needed at that point between them IMO!!I still get sad seeing her in that episode,how broken she felt on leaving him,she didn't even want to but was forced to in the first place!and the fact that ash cried when she left,it can be debatable whether ash cried because both brock and misty left,but brock left them before too,he didn't cry back then,surely he also cried because both of them left and he didn't see it coming,but it had to do with more of misty leaving him IMO!

4.I really like the fact that whenever the group got into some kind of trouble,both of them have shown their priorities towards each other when it came to the other one's safety,surely this point can be brushed off by many,but for me it's cute and special in its own way!

5.their relationship is organic,dynamic,unique,they gradually warmed up to each other and became best friends from 2 people who were ready to bite off each other's heads in the first few episodes!!they still bickered,but it was more in a humorous way and even hilarious at some points,and in the process,developed feelings towards one another!I do feel that they bring out just the best in each other,and make each other better people!!ash is extremely himself whenever he is with misty IMO!!even after seeing misty after so many years,I was glad that her friendship with ash was still the same and they still had that unique chemistry,that comfort level around each other,there is just SOMETHING which is special about their relationship which I rarely get to see in the shippings!!

sorry for the long post,I was just bored so felt like making a long post xD.fellow pokeshippers,please do express your views about my question,that is,what makes this ship different to you from the rest?! :)

Last edited: