1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Swifty, Jan 28, 2009.

1. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

I wasn’t disappointed with the Pokeshipping in her last appearances. Although the first episode was lacking, I thought the second one had some cute moments such as her asking Ash if her mega stone looked good on her while winking, her knocking Ash’s ego down a notch with the “you’re still a little kid inside” comment (typical Ash and Misty), the way she grabbed his wrist and poked him and teased him about letting her have his z ring, his insistence on battling Misty, and my favorite moment of all, the way he looked while he watched her battle.

I also thought it was cute in the previous episode how Ash was so excited Misty and Brock were the special guests and how he remarked that he enjoyed every second of his journey with them. I thought it was interesting how in the Kanto flashbacks they used for that episode, one of the specific ones they chose was of Misty giving Ash her handkerchief.

Of course I’m still hoping for even more moments in the next appearances.

2. pokfans

pokfans Member

Yesssss!!!! :D Misty and Brock come back again I so happy :D I watched 43 ep SM and when Misty want Ash's Z-Ring was cute :D I hope we get more :) The creators certainly did not do it without a reason. I remember last episod XYZ "The director and the head of the storyboard for the episode, Tetsuo Yajima, stated on Twitter that there was a message in this episode, and that it was written in 'flower language'. At the last scene of the episode, when Ash is shown entering his house, the white flowers in the foreground are Baby's Breath flowers, which symbolize everlasting love. Misty's Japanese name "Kasumi", is also the name of this flower in Japan." And we get Kasumi :D

I am curious if Misty will get a specific job with Brock as it was in episode 42-43. Maybe it will be at the end of the anime in the SM league (if it can be created) and maybe Ash after that (as it will be the end of SM) will return with Misty and Brock to Pallet Town.

3. PorcelainVulpix

I’m trying not to have high hopes of Misty and Brock participating in the league, but I would love if they did. I would love a rematch between Misty and Ash! I like your idea of them appearing towards the end of SM and Ash returning to the Kanto region with them, that would be really nice for us fans who love and appreciate the nostalgia.

4. laiken

laiken New Member

I think she (Misty) will come to cheer Ash and for help in creating a pokemon league.

The idea that all three come back together to Ash's house at the end of SM I like it too and I think there is a good chance.
    I also think that we will see similar scenes in the future episodes to those with Misty winking at Ash and Z-Ring(Mist was so cute) in this scene. I had such a feeling of relationships like a girl-boy (my dear give me this :( I want to have it ;)).
    The creators certainly did not give such things without a reason

and what would you like to see? (which interaction of Misty and Ash)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  5. PorcelainVulpix

I want to see more teasing! We got a little bit of it in her last cameo and it made me happy to see Ash and Misty act a little like their old selves. I’d love for more of that and for them to include one more classic roast session between them. We haven’t seen a glimpse of savage Ash since OS.

6. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

⊱✿RedAshEntropy · MultiShipper ·

Interesting ideas guys. Even it seems impossible, i wanna see Ash giving Misty his Z-ring, even in a teasy way. haha.

Just what you guys said, I think they really will be supportive friends to cheer on Ash. I agreed, I hope they do have bigger roles in the tournament or something, something like an opponent guest? haha. Anyways, it's still interesting what the writers will do to both Misty and Brock. Hopefully we'll get to have pokeshipping momnets as well, no matter how small it is.

7. absolutelynotmeirl

absolutelynotmeirl New Member

Happy Pokeshipping Day, everyone!

Probably just me, but of all of Ash's female companion, there's only one that made him jealous and blushing. Maybe this could changed some time, but still.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  8. PorcelainVulpix

Agreed, I feel like this ship is the most that Ash has actually shown interest in a girl because of his jealousy over Danny and Rudy. (Also that scene from his point of view in Ghost of Maiden’s Peak)

But anyway, happy Pokeshipping Day everyone! I’ve seen so many cute pokeshipping fanarts and fanfics on tumblr this last week. The Pokeshippers really have been flooding it but it’s nice to see that after all these years the support for this ship is still very strong. Also I saw a lot of cute ash and misty costumes this Halloween :)

Zhydra likes this.
  9. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Not a pure Pokeshipper, but I'll wish this one a good day!

10. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

It's a day late here, but fellow shipper, HAPPY POKESHIPPING DAY! it's better late than never. Here's to more episodes of Misty in Alola! hopefully more ash and misty interactions. hehe

11. laiken

laiken New Member

12. PorcelainVulpix

How do you guys think Ash will react to Misty’s new outfit? Hopefully another reaction similar to his in Ghost of Maiden’s Peak!

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  13. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

Hmm, rather than seeing Ash being stunned with the way she look, i want her to compliment her, even in the simpliest form. haha

14. zdbz_sn

zdbz_sn Well-Known Member

Well, Misty's confirmed to be around for two episodes again, and the last two-parter - against all my realistic expectations - showed Misty acting in a way that I can't imagine as anything but flirtatious toward Ash, so we'll see what happens this time around! :D

15. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

Actually, same here. I didn't expect the stuffs Misty showed. But I like it. I like how they actually interact. Plus the way that they faced each other, also who would forget the last part of the episode! hahaha. Looking for another episode with the gang in Alola.

16. PorcelainVulpix

I’m looking forward to seeing them surf :D Since Brock *might* be taking Nurse Joy on a date maybe that means possible alone time for Ash and Misty?

17. Hakajin

Hakajin Obsessive Shipper

For real? Wow, I'm legitimately surprised! Especially since the other former companions haven't been getting that kind of attention. What's going on here? Not that I am complaining!

18. PorcelainVulpix

Well Brock and Misty are appearing again for Let’s Go promotion and their cameos in 2017 were because it was the series’ 20th anniversary. Misty and Brock being the first companions come with the perks of being the most well known companions so they kind of get favored in situations like that - not that I’m complaining. :)

I noticed that Brock is getting a focus episode which gives me hope that there might be a 3rd episode that could be Misty focused? Or maybe the first episode is more Misty focused? Either way, I’m really not complaining about Brock doing his own thing and I’m actually grateful he is because that gives us more potentional for Ash and Misty to have interactions alone. Don’t get me wrong, I love the OS trio dynamic but I’m really hoping for more Pokeshipping.

19. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

At the moment, it seems like there are only going to be two episodes with Misty and Brock visiting Alola, but since the second episode seems to be focusing on Brock, one can hope the first episode might focus more on Misty. I loved the interactions between Ash and Misty in the last Kanto special—it reminded me of the golden days of OS—and I hope to see more of those interactions in this upcoming special.

20. Hakajin

Hakajin Obsessive Shipper

Huh. The fact that she keeps being brought back anytime something nostalgic comes up bodes well for Pokeshipping.