1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Swifty, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Kintaro

Kintaro Banned

Misty's only gotten cameos back in AG and now in SM, and no coincidence there were Kanto remakes in both gens. (FR/LG and now SM). We didn't see Misty in the DP saga or any other time for this reason even though they could have had her appear.

2. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

Well they could have brought May back for the Hoenn remakes and they could have brought any companions back for the 20th anniversary but they chose Misty and Brock. Tbh, judging by your other posts on this forum you’re clearly not a Pokeshipper or a fan of Misty returning for long so I’m not sure your reason for lurking this thread. We’re allowed to speculate and hope for the best which is what some of us will continue to do regardless of any negative opinions.

3. Kintaro

Kintaro Banned

TVTokyo has a preview of the eps up:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/news/

Misty is shown clutching Lana's Eevee, riding on Mantine, and going shopping with the SM girls. Also a brief scene of Gyarados fighting what looks to be a TR mecha. The rest of the preview is Brock flirting with Olivia. In terms of shipping though there aren't any Ash/Misty scenes in the preview.

4. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

Well, we can't necessarily expect shipping scenes in the preview. From a marketing/advertising perspective, Pokéshipping is not the main attraction of these episodes; the return of Misty and Brock is. So of course the marketers/advertisers are going use the previews to focus on scenes such as Misty's Gyarados battling Team Rocket's mecha or Brock and Olivia working together in battle. That doesn't mean there won't be any moments that "pander" to Pokéshipping fans.

5. PorcelainVulpix

I’m just going to ignore the anti Pokeshipping troll who clearly doesn’t belong in this thread.
    Previews look cute, Misty’s outfit looks great!

6. ⊱✿RedAshEntropy

⊱✿RedAshEntropy · MultiShipper ·

You know, it's still interesting to know the other possible interaction for all characters. We may not expect a pokeshipping moments here, but i'm looking forward for Ash/Misty tandem or duo moments here. Overall, I'm excited to see how the gang work together in this episodes.

ps: I'm loving Misty's new outfit. It's about freaking time the change Brock and Misty's outfit now that they are in SM. XDXD

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  7. absolutelynotmeirl

absolutelynotmeirl New Member

What do you think about the latest episode in terms of shipping, guys?

8. greninjamaster

greninjamaster Well-Known Member

Loved the sunset scene, amazing. He wants to show her so much more of Alola.

9. PorcelainVulpix

Alola Pokeshippers and Merry Christmas!

I didn’t expect a lot of shipping in the first episode because in their last two cameos, I felt like the first episode lacked shipping but When Regions Collide had some really cute shipping moments (ie Ash watching Misty battle dreamily, Misty asking Ash if her megastone looked good on her while winking.)
    But I did quite like the sunset scene! After all, in most movies sunsets imply romance (;

But anyway, I still feel like the writers gave us a great present by letting Misty have two cameos in Alola and I’m grateful. That last scene of Brock, Ash, and Misty camping out was adorable and made my heart melt.

10. zdbz_sn

zdbz_sn Well-Known Member

Given Misty's gestures during the post-credits scenes for two of these cameos, the poke in "pokeshipping" just took on a double meaning :p

11. zdbz_sn

12. PorcelainVulpix

13. PorcelainVulpix

So Ash and Misty shouting their dreams in the last episode was too cute. I honestly think Brock and Misty will come back for the league. Even if they don’t, I still really enjoyed these two episodes even if they werent very shippy (When Regions Collide makes up for it.)

What was everyone’s favorite moment from any of the SM cameos?

14. zdbz_sn

The battle in SM43, along with the post-credits scene. Misty's rather overtly flirtatious behavior was a surprise, but those scenes also showcase her basic friendship with Ash really well, and the battle was excellent.

15. PorcelainVulpix

The post credits scene in SM 43 is one of my favorites too! I loved how flirty she was being. I also liked when she asked Ash if her mega stone looked good on her and Ash’s facial expression when he was watching Misty battle the sm cast, such an underrated moment!

I like the scene of Ash and Misty walking and talking while the sun set in SM 102. Not a big moment, but I like it because sunset scenes in most media tends to symbolize romance.

laiken likes this.
  16. Mikeachu

Mikeachu Soul Trainer

It may sound odd but my favorite moment is seeing the 2 regard each other as rivals in 103. I've long wanted to see Misty become Ash's main rival in a league and while that probably won't happen it's still nice to see a rivalry bloom between the 2 in the last year nonetheless.

17. laiken

laiken Member

in my opinion from 4 episodes with Misty in SM the best still is 2 (gym battle, mega evo and Z-ring) in the last two could have been better. But "I'm gonna keep on mastering water type..."and the promise of another fight was lovely

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  18. PorcelainVulpix

Agreed, I love all the moments they had in that second episode!

laiken likes this.
  19. PorcelainVulpix

I’m so glad I found this post. So many non Pokeshippers argue everything was created by 4kids but to see that Shudo even shipped Pokeshipping a little is a nice surprise.

20. zdbz_sn

Interesting dream last night: there were previews for two upcoming SM episodes. Misty was back in Alola, by herself this time, but my subconscious apparently confused two of my favorite characters, because the reason Misty was in Alola again was to check out a train. A new subway rail, to be precise.

The preview for the first episode just set the premise; the preview for the second episode indicated that Misty had gone missing, that the train might be haunted, and Ash and Pikachu were down in the subway tunnels trying to rescue her. A shot of Misty, a determined grin on her face, hanging off the front of a speeding train suggested that she didn’t need much saving, and speculation right here on Tumblr started that she was going to end up being the one to save Ash in the episode.

Not the likeliest of possibilities for the end of SM, but I’d still like to see those episodes. And anyone who wants a free fic idea, consider this up for grabs.