• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

greninjamaster

The good news: Ash and Misty going to a fancy restaurant for their first date.
The bad news: they both had lobster.
Poor Corphish and Clauncher will be traumatized.

It is interesting that they meet Brock when they're eating out at a restaurant. Hope Misty doesn't leave him with the bill again.

Srsddf4781

I don’t care about the shipping war, never have really. I’ve seen this whole sibling argument and I’ve got to say that anyone who was defending the idea that they’re brother and sister deserved to get roasted. That was absolutely disgusting. In more positive subjects, I heard IGN posted an article on how happy people have been on the return of Misty.

greninjamaster

I don’t care about the shipping war, never have really. I’ve seen this whole sibling argument and I’ve got to say that anyone who was defending the idea that they’re brother and sister deserved to get roasted. That was absolutely disgusting. In more positive subjects, I heard IGN posted an article on how happy people have been on the return of Misty.
the sibling argument literally makes no sense because they are never looked at as siblings on the show. anyone that has seen them bicker and argue on the show has said that must mean they like each other romantically. this just seems like insecurity to me from people trying to dismiss the real thing which is AAML.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
the sibling argument literally makes no sense because they are never looked at as siblings on the show. anyone that has seen them bicker and argue on the show has said that must mean they like each other romantically. this just seems like insecurity to me from people trying to dismiss the real thing which is AAML.
If anyone's gonna be Ash's sister, it'll be Dawn. Totally bet they share the same deadbeat dad.

greninjamaster

2bc4f81a74cf997a6c1d3652ac51590ff862136b.pnj

Call them siblings but they would KILL for a scene like this you know where Ash actually shows some very obvious signs he likes Misty.

greninjamaster

posted two days ago. 50 k likes and 1 million views. Oh Pokeshipping is rising indeed.
I think what makes Ash and Misty's chemistry so good is they feel like genuine friends even outside of just shipping. I never felt this way about any of the other female companions. I notice a lot bring up just Serena, but even with May and Dawn it was the same. It felt like Ash sorta looked after May and was friendly with Dawn, but they felt like brief friends. Sort of similar to how Ash and Tracey interacted in Orange Islands, you can say Ash was friendly with Tracey, but was it an Ash/Brock closeness? No.

Honestly I feel like Ash's personality died almost immediately after the original series ended. Even in Hoenn and DP from what I've seen he does not act like his original self, and again, his chemistry with May and Dawn isn't anywhere the same as Misty. It really was not just XY and Serena, the problems with Ash's character stemmed a decade before that immediately after Johto ended.

Then with all the Contest episodes introduced it felt like the girls were there for their own quests rather than Ash's, and since Ash has no interest in Contests, he basically drifted from them. When was the last time May even appeared? Back in DP? Did Ash cry when Dawn left? No. Every other girl just feels kinda irrelevant to Ash's character.
Which is why that last episode was so telling, they acted just like in the OS. The flirting, bickering, and teasing non stop.

XY Ash is my least favorite because they just wanted to make him a shounen hero and not even a well written one.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
posted two days ago. 50 k likes and 1 million views. Oh Pokeshipping is rising indeed.
This may be the best Satoshi's PM2019 look has ever looked. I adore the shades and pallette this artists used. They're one of my favs and I consistently see them mostly posting OS-AG art. Huge Contestshipper at that.

Something I always loved was how Kasumi was taller than Satoshi by a good chunk. Height differences where the guy is shorter than the girl were always such a cute inversion imo. Reminds me of some my buddies in real life being 5'6 confident bastards and their girlfriend's one-upping them in height. They felt like a nice juxtaposition to Musashi and Kojirou at times with the role reversal.

tumblr_m3o4eagcZy1qc2jhfo1_500.gifv

I think what makes Ash and Misty's chemistry so good is they feel like genuine friends even outside of just shipping. I never felt this way about any of the other female companions. I notice a lot bring up just Serena, but even with May and Dawn it was the same. It felt like Ash sorta looked after May and was friendly with Dawn, but they felt like brief friends. Sort of similar to how Ash and Tracey interacted in Orange Islands, you can say Ash was friendly with Tracey, but was it an Ash/Brock closeness? No.

Honestly I feel like Ash's personality died almost immediately after the original series ended. Even in Hoenn and DP from what I've seen he does not act like his original self, and again, his chemistry with May and Dawn isn't anywhere the same as Misty. It really was not just XY and Serena, the problems with Ash's character stemmed a decade before that immediately after Johto ended.
Bonus for cute iconic shit like this:

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o1_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o2_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o4_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o7_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o10_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o6_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o8_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o9_640.jpg

tumblr_nh0jlsS6Oa1s3at53o5_640.jpg

Heck, the effect Satoshi had on Kasumi and Takeshi made their banter and friendship so iconic. It was perfect seeing her coming to respect him. Even Makoto was based off Kasumi in I Choose You! with being a Water-type user, tomboy and coming to respect Satoshi after pulling off the crazy act of stopping the Iwark/Onix like how Kasumi admitted she was seeing him a different light after the Rocket fiasco and captures of Pigeon and Caterpie.

Srsddf4781

I personally like Advanced. It felt like a continuation of the original series to me. Ash still had some sass, and the INSANE amount of references to the original series was great. Misty showing up made May and Max give a lot more respect imo, especially Max whom she really helped out with his self esteem being the younger sibling. Can’t say enough how much I thank the Battle Frontier for giving us Misty’s Lure and Ash’s Queen of Hearts. Diamond and Pearl had some references, but I’d agree that Ash notably started to act different, possibly too much, even for back then. I really would like an episode where May and Max visit with Ash, Pikachu, Misty, and Brock with Misty coaching Max on a battle that Ash still owes him. Would be perfect with all the bickering and teasing moments between Ash and Misty, only to be reminded that Mr. Pokémon Champion lost to her. May would LOVE to give him crap.

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
As someone that has drifted in and out of the fandom over the years, I just gotta say it warms my heart that there is still such a devoted PokeShipping fandom even after all these years.

I would say I first "shipped" Ash and Misty after I saw Pokemon 2000 at the age of around 5 or 6, before I even knew what shipping was or that there was a whole community of people online that agreed with me. It's practically baby's first shipping, and I know I'm not the only one that shares that sentiment.

Obviously, there has been a recent resurgence in the PokeShipping community with the most recent episode. However, I think it's a testament to the impact of that original anime that Misty wasn't a regular part of the series for a literal two decades, and there was still always an active following for this ship during that time. I don't engage in shipping wars, as I think shipping is just for fun and everyone has a right to which ones they do or don't support. But regardless, I think there's truly something special about this community specifically. It's like we have a fun way to hold on to a piece of our childhoods.

Just try to be civil out there, folks. Love y'all.

Srsddf4781

I know for a fact that this forum specifically is helping other Pokeshipping sites and users. They believe this a place of civility and kindness, not drama or toxicity. If anyone reads this, ‘AAML’ was recently back on Reddit. The founder created a fairly in depth video about Pokeshipping two years ago, and without communities like this, they wouldn’t be able to come back alive, even if they’ve got little support. Keep up the good content and let’s all support each other for these last episodes.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I know for a fact that this forum specifically is helping other Pokeshipping sites and users. They believe this a place of civility and kindness, not drama or toxicity. If anyone reads this, ‘AAML’ was recently back on Reddit. The founder created a fairly in depth video about Pokeshipping two years ago, and without communities like this, they wouldn’t be able to come back alive, even if they’ve got little support. Keep up the good content and let’s all support each other for these last episodes.
Yes! I actually just saw Jonii's video a few weeks ago. Got me on a big nostalgia kick for the anime in general, not gonna lie.

Yes! I actually just saw Jonii's video a few weeks ago. Got me on a big nostalgia kick for the anime in general, not gonna lie.
That was one of the first things I ran across when I heard about the recent anime developments, which plunged me back into all this, a week or 2 ago. Hilarious video. The dramatic fanfiction readings had me in stitches, especially the part where Serena throws Misty in the dumpster. Everybody here should go find it. "Pokeshipping - Ash, Misty, and their Devoted Internet Fanbase"

But shipping wars are inevitable. There's always a conflict latent in the act of shipping. "If they get what they want, we can't get what we want" is a natural fracture point. The more disagreeable people will always find a way to argue, and that's ok. Been browsing pokeshipping twitter, and it's just a total free-for-all lol. No boundaries there, so that's where it happens. Search "pokeshipping" and you find an amourshipper trashing it, and vice versa, people see it, they argue. The internet forum is much less conducive to that. We have our thread, everybody else has theirs, and we just do our thing.

Nice to see other old timers coming by though!

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
That was one of the first things I ran across when I heard about the recent anime developments, which plunged me back into all this, a week or 2 ago. Hilarious video. The dramatic fanfiction readings had me in stitches, especially the part where Serena throws Misty in the dumpster. Everybody here should go find it. "Pokeshipping - Ash, Misty, and their Devoted Internet Fanbase"

But shipping wars are inevitable. There's always a conflict latent in the act of shipping. "If they get what they want, we can't get what we want" is a natural fracture point. The more disagreeable people will always find a way to argue, and that's ok. Been browsing pokeshipping twitter, and it's just a total free-for-all lol. No boundaries there, so that's where it happens. Search "pokeshipping" and you find an amourshipper trashing it, and vice versa, people see it, they argue. The internet forum is much less conducive to that. We have our thread, everybody else has theirs, and we just do our thing.

Nice to see other old timers coming by though!
Yeah, unfortunately, not everyone agrees to be polite. It is the internet, after all. I just try to do my part. But the toxicity is also part of the reason why I got back on the Serebii forums for the first time in years.

Not gonna lie, after the X&Y Series, I had pretty much made peace with the fact PokeShipping wasn't gonna happen except in our fantasies, and was cool with that. But it's great to see we're on a comeback. I will say I ultimately think a lot of the shippy scenes were kind of just bait, and in the end they won't confirm anything. But we'll see what happens in the next several episodes. At least they threw us a bone for this moment in time.

Yeah, it is so bizarre to be considered a "boomer" in the Pokemon community. Even though I watched the anime from the beginning at a very young age, I didn't come into the games until around Gen III, so I was still considered a bit on the younger side. But now I guess I got upgraded to a member of the old guard. :p

greninjamaster

Oh is there a link to this video?