• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Should I be worried if Ash and Misty publicly become an actual couple? People say that once Misty and Ash get together the Pokemon series could end
No, you shouldn't. While I do agree when/if Pokeshipping actually happens it will most likely happen at the end of the series, I don't think it will be the very end. A season or arc will probably happen to wrap up the series and maybe show the future?

Swifty

they're awesome!really!!;222;
Hey Ashist_Wilketch. Please don't post small bite sized posts like that. It's nice that you think Ash and Misty are awesome together but we all know that. :) If you want to post in this thread, make sure your posts are at least three sentences long and have something related to the current topic or making a new topic.

Glitch 808

Water trainer
Glitch again. I just wanted to say i did some pokemon remixes (I did them a while ago, finally put them online) and theres one of Misty's Song (3 versions actually, took a few goes). They might be worth listening to/downloading - or they might be good for fanvids if any of you make them. There in my gallery (look in my sig).

ANYWAY, to stay on topic:

Should I be worried if Ash and Misty publicly become an actual couple? People say that once Misty and Ash get together the Pokemon series could end.

I don't think they ever will because Pokemon isn't that kind of anime - I just think they'll start travelling again like in the good ol' series :D

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Thank you. The reason I become a Pokeshipper not so long ago is the reason I haven't watch Pokemon since 2001 for religious reasons. I was too dumb to realize there was something between them ( I suspected but didn't really think about it so much). Now by going to down to memory lane, I become a Pokemon Fan again and decided to watch all the episodes of the anime. Then I realize the Pokeshipper in me. Ok, I'll start answering some soon.
P.S Sorry for being off-topic....
Aw, way cool! Well, if adrenaline likes your youtube page I will be more than happy to look into it myself :D <33

i love the two of them!!no wonder they're perfect for each other!!
Welcome to pokeshipping! Please try to refrain from using one-liners, its prohibited ^^ feel free to answer any questions!

Pokeshipping does not have to be the end of the series. what would be wrong with Ash having a girlfriend? IMO, when the show ends, Ash will be seen as an adult, and he'll be with a woman, but her face will be hidden. But still, showing that Ash likes girls is not a bad thing.
Hidden face but red hair ;D : D XD

Anyway... I've sort of got a shipping problem. It's not about Poke for me, but... any of you ever get down because your favorite ship isn't real? I had a bit of a crisis about it a little while ago, and it hasn't been quite the same since. It's bothering me a bit more than usual right now.

It just makes me sad sometimes that the characters I love so much. Their feelings and actions are just in my head.

I try to say that it doesn't matter, I should just enjoy it. We can't know for sure that anyone's real but ourselves, anyway (oh, geez, don't get me started on that). But I can't forget it. Every time I try to think about my ship recently, it's there at the edge of my consciousness. It's lonely. I miss the enjoyment I usually get from it. Anyone have any insights to get me out of this funk?
As long as its straight that it isn't Pokeshipping because that is indeed very much real :D
I totally know what you mean. After the 6th Harry Potter book came out I was very much hyped up about Neville/Luna and I was like omg JK will def have them married at the end of book 7! The I read the epilogue of DH and realize that the only thing they mentioned about Neville was that he's a Herbology professor T-T I was really mad because I was sure I had seen some sort of chemistry between Neville and Luna but now reading back I realize that all they really did together was sit and talk about nonsense =[ I was pretty down about it but now I'm all the heck with JK I still love Neville/Luna! So when I write ff or I read ff, I enjoy the Neville/Luna moments even if they didn't really happen :) hope that helped alittle.

[img139]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2665055271_217675334a.jpg[/img139]
Guys, someone make up a new discussion topic, we're getting alil off-topic slowly...

Ok, here's a question...
Do you think that Pokeshipping was/is a bit overrated?

Wowlock

Original Series Fan

If you mean Overrated as '' giving too much chance to it '' than my answer will be no.

Because Pokeshippers has many reason to have high hopes for it. Yeah Pokemon isnt about romance but still writers put some in it. And Pokeshipping is the most biggest of them. As for other ships about Ash I say other characters like May has their own ships with other male character or rivals which more canonnical and healthy. Ash and Misty written as meant to be if you ask me. Misty caring and thinking , Ash's determination and Will is completing eachother.

I really want to see them in a Double battle as partners :)

Well Pokeshipping is a ship that you can get from a ''un-romantic'' anime series :) Because Japanese love style maybe a little different and soft then we waiting. We want to see confessions and kissings but they have their traditions. So judging the ships by looking our way of romance is wrong if you ask me :D

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆

It depends on how you define overrrated ^^
definition of overrated from dictionary.com!
to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate
If that's what you mean, then, NO! :D We know extremely well that Pokemon is not about romance but like Wowlock said, the writers still choose to put in that petty flirting and mindless sexual tension that is *as I and many POkeshippers believe* the most prevelant in this ship than any other ship in Pokemon *apart from, in my opinion; contestshipping, which seems to have a lot of sexual tension*. They complement each other very well, the fact that they're both stubborn and one *cough*Ash*cough* can sometimes be more insensitive than the other. They learn from each other and, yes, tag battling would be AMAZING with Ash and Misty. I have yet to see that for real for real :) so I'm hoping for one of those in the future. ^^
So judging the ships by looking our way of romance is wrong if you ask me
DEF! totally agree haha. alot of people say that the proof is dubbed because the American writers want to make the romance seem more obvious to Americans since the Japanese have a different way of looking at love. For example, Misty giving Ash the napkin might have been extremely obvious to the Japanese but the Americans needed to add more spoken words *such as the song in GCYL* to open people's eyes :)
YAY POKESHIPPING!
[img139]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/DarkSicil/aaml.jpg[/img139]
credit to whoever made this, i found it on pb!

adrenaline

sensible hearts
Anyway... I've sort of got a shipping problem: I think everyone goes through that at one time or another. And really, if you want to get technical no ship is "real." For me, you can't get too involved with it. Pokeshipping/Pokemon is just a hobby, something to discuss on the net or write about. Its something to hope for.

Do you think that Pokeshipping is a bit overrated? No, not even. Its weird because with the introduction of May and Dawn I find many people (especially newer fans of the show) dislike Pokeshipping now. But that doesn't bother me, Pokeshipping will always be important on its own merit.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I really like your little words over the banner in your sig ^^

No, not even. Its weird because with the introduction of May and Dawn I find many people (especially newer fans of the show) dislike Pokeshipping now. But that doesn't bother me, Pokeshipping will always be important on its own merit.
That surprises me, tbh because I personally don't see Dawn or May as any threat toward Pokeshipping in any way. lol I think Ash's relationship toward any female apart from Misty is more strictly friendly than anything more. His approach toward Misty is just... different. :)

And really, if you want to get technical no ship is "real."
haha i think we forget that sometimes ^^ *guilty as charged*

Ugh!! So I'm searching through all the Pokemon avatars in serebiiforums and I'm looking for something special, something cute to do with either Misty or Ash or both^^ any suggestions?? I wanna change mine, i've had it forever

:D Thanks to all the people that answered that question! ^^ Very insightful and helpful.

I love Pokeshipping, I really do, but as I read through a lot of the posts it seems as people like Pokeshipping because there is "evidence" in the anime/manga series.

I am by no means that "hardcore" or an expert at finding those super duper difficult, obscure references.

I like Misty, because I grew up watching the original show. A simple time, where there was only Brock, Misty, and Ash. I wanted Ash and Misty, because they had that chemistry (albeit they might have been too young) but they had that cliche anime/manga style too dumb to see whatcha really want thing.

I was ecstatic when Brock left, and it was only Misty and Ash. But then "competition" came in. As the show got longer and longer and longer, like a Power Ranger re-run.

Then I got bored of Pokemon. The End.

OoOoOo

But still, a question to ya'll.

Do you like Pokeshipping because Misty was first? Do you like Misty because you just think she is more awesome than the other girls (regardless of the "evidence")?

An even better question would be. If Misty was portrayed as a jerk/unlikable to the audience YET Ash and Misty still had that remarkable chemistry, hints, etc... would you still be a Pokeshipper, even though you hate Misty's guts?

XD Sorry for the questions. I'm just really curious!! :D

signed-
A happily, oblivious person.

OoOoOoO

ASH/MISTY 4 EVER!!! :3

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
Some of them I don't -- like the Heart Break of Brock episode, what was it originally suppose to be? Maybe someone could start a specific list (and slowly add to it) of all the hints the dubbers have changed for or against Pokeshipping.

If I remember correctly, in the original Japanese version, when Misty and Ash are looking at Temacu come on to Brock, Misty said, "I guess she fell for him at first sight." That's when Ash nods slowly and reacts to what she said. I about 85% sure that's right. I look it up when I get the chance.

In terms of "was", maybe. I keep hearing about how passionate PokéShippers used to be, but I don't really know. In terms of "is", I don't think so. For me, finding people who hate/dislike PokéShipping is almost as easy to find people who love/like it. Besides, why does it matter? I try to not let fans of anything I like or dislike affect my opinions of it.

If Misty was portrayed as a jerk/unlikable to the audience YET Ash and Misty still had that remarkable chemistry, hints, etc... would you still be a Pokeshipper, even though you hate Misty's guts?

As I've said before, I used to be kind think like this. I didn't hate Misty, but she really got on my nerves when I started watching the show way back. Yet at the same time, I thought I noticed chemistry between her and Ash, but didn't put much thought into it. By the end of the second season, I was definitely a PokéShipper, but I was only neutral towards Misty. For some strange reason, I started liking her more during Johto, but I didn't love Misty until the Mirage Kingdom episodes.

And as mentioned before several pages back, that's a reason why some people hate PokéShipping, because they believe that Misty is too mean. But on the other side of the coin, I guess it is possible to ship characters (even one you don't particularly like) because you love their chemistry.

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Do you like Pokeshipping because Misty was first? Do you like Misty because you just think she is more awesome than the other girls (regardless of the "evidence")?
I like POkeshipping because of the evidence and the fact that, plain and simple, Misty suits Ash better than ANY other girl. She's been there since the beginning (like you said) and knows every side of Ash that maybe not everyone (other than mom, Brock and prof oak... maybe Gary) knows. She can share loads more memories and just... fits with him. What more can i say?! :D

If Misty was portrayed as a jerk/unlikable to the audience YET Ash and Misty still had that remarkable chemistry, hints, etc... would you still be a Pokeshipper, even though you hate Misty's guts?

Misty does come off as a jerk a lot but people still like her :D like meee. shes a teenager who lets off some steam by being mean to little Ashy sometimes, we all do that! hehe. :) if I didn't like her (which i NEVER would) I would still pair them together because, like you said, the chemistry is just undeniable. they are just SO cute togetha ^^

A simple time, where there was only Brock, Misty, and Ash.
Ash acts stupid, Misty wacks him with the mallet, Brock gets his ear pulled when he goes girl crazy, Pikachu zaps Misty and Ash while they argue, Brock sweat drops whne Misty and Ash argue... Oh how we miss those amazing days ='[ back when there was no other worries. Just three biffles, two of them in love <333
[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/marixoxella/pokemon/walkingwithpoke.gif[/img139]

Yes, I would. I could never hate Misty no matter how unlikable she can be, she's plain awesome and she is far more interesting than May or Dawn(no offense). The above poster pretty much nailed the point...

adrenaline

sensible hearts

I think for me it might be because Misty was first. Things would've been totally different if May fished Ash out of that lake. But more importantly, Ash and Misty seem to have a stronger relationship even though she's not traveling with them.

Ash and Misty have more physical contact with one another. And when I say that I mean like Misty hitting Ash, or them leaning on one another when Jigglypuff sings them to sleep or holding hands walking through the fog. I watched The Princess and the Togepi recently and you could tell Misty commanded more presence than any other girl in that episode.

Ash and Misty argue together (a major distinction, I think) and they show keeps referencing her despite her leaving the main cast.

Might as well post link to this fanart and is currently my youtube background:

P.S. How do you upload pics to a post on this site?

OH SNAP!!! I LOVE THAT FANART!!!!

BEST EVER! <3 <3 <3

Sweet pic Kaiba.

P.S.- I love that yugioh abridged reference! Just don't smile, nyeh. ;)
-squeezes puppy-

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Ash and Misty have more physical contact with one another. And when I say that I mean like Misty hitting Ash, or them leaning on one another when Jigglypuff sings them to sleep or holding hands walking through the fog. I watched The Princess and the Togepi recently and you could tell Misty commanded more presence than any other girl in that episode.

Ash and Misty argue together (a major distinction, I think) and they show keeps referencing her despite her leaving the main cast.
So true!! Everytime Misty returns in an episode, its interesting to note that she is ALWAYS the center of attention (of the show and Ash ;D). She commands, Ash stands closest to HER, he seems to forget that anyone else is around, its ADORABLE! :D

The fanart is the cutest way for Ash to propose to Misty XD
きゅと [cute!] =D

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Answer time.

I like Misty more than the other girls, but not because she was first. for one, her personality is different from May and Dawn (Tomboyish vs. girly), second, her goal is not to show off in contests, but to be the greatest water pokemon trainer. And the evidence doesn't hurt either. ^_~

Not at all. If pokeshipping was overrated, other ships with Ash and Misty would not exist. Also, Misty has been getting a lot of hate from Non misty fans since her departure.

Probably. There were a couple times during the early years when I had a dislike of Misty for some reason, yet, I never truly hated her. If you like romance (even though pokeshipping didn't pour it on thick), I don't think it matters if you hate one/both characters in pokeshipping or any other ship.

Love those pics XxM!styxX! *pokeshipping hug*

xxqqb

Answer time.

I like Misty more than the other girls, but not because she was first. for one, her personality is different from May and Dawn (Tomboyish vs. girly), second, her goal is not to show off in contests, but to be the greatest water pokemon trainer. And the evidence doesn't hurt either. ^_~

Not at all. If pokeshipping was overrated, other ships with Ash and Misty would not exist. Also, Misty has been getting a lot of hate from Non misty fans since her departure.

Probably. There were a couple times during the early years when I had a dislike of Misty for some reason, yet, I never truly hated her. If you like romance (even though pokeshipping didn't pour it on thick), I don't think it matters if you hate one/both characters in pokeshipping or any other ship.

Love those pics XxM!styxX! *pokeshipping hug*

i think misty is poor ..because this cause so many people hate misty
but i love her so much...i want to see her appear with ash in anime

adrenaline

sensible hearts

Maybe; but I just can't see that happening. Here's why: Even when Misty was more harsh and critical in the beginning of the series I knew it wasn't because that's her base personality. Misty puts up so many fronts and barriers, specially when it comes to emotion and romance.

I think a lot of Pokeshippers (and me personally) are drawn to Misty's base personality. Misty is a complete hopeless romantic, even though she may not show it. But if you ever see an episode based on "Misty's feelings" she goes from 0 to 100 in seconds (Gotta Catch Ya Later, Misty Meets Her Match). Misty is a girl who likes girl things but she doesn't go overboard (Princess VS. Princess). She's not vain or shallow (The Stunspore Detour). She loves her friends, Pokemon and life. That's the real Misty, and I think as soon as Ash stared seeing that more is when they started to become closer friends. Whenever they reunite in a cameo episode it almost seems like they're on a whole other plain.