• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
That was very well written and I love how the numbers are growing, it's like people are clearly coming back.
I've been working on a fanfic for a few weeks now that was mainly bittersweet, but now it's already outdated because of where the show appears to be going. Questioned whether I should scrap it altogether, but I'm also really proud of the story and themes. Maybe I'll finish revising it soon.

Srsddf4781

People are coming back. I assume the new episodes have been making a difference in how the Pokémon community views the trio. SunGodNika1997, go with your heart. If it’s bothering you, modify the script a little. Everyone should be happy with your hard work regardless. You’ll be helping the community and I for one would be appreciative.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
People are coming back. I assume the new episodes have been making a difference in how the Pokémon community views the trio. SunGodNika1997, go with your heart. If it’s bothering you, modify the script a little. Everyone should be happy with your hard work regardless. You’ll be helping the community and I for one would be appreciative.
Yeah, I'm probably going to finish it. Just slowly making progress while also getting slightly self-conscious reading other fanfics right now.

I think I may have talked about it on this thread previously, but I started writing at a time when I accepted Poke Shipping probably wasn't going to happen. So I had the idea for a story where Misty gets closure for her feelings and all that when they're older. But lo and behold, literally the day after I finished my rough draft, that episode with Misty dropped and revitalized the Poke Shipping community with a newfound hope.

I guess it's just bad timing on my part, but I think it's still worth finishing. Hopefully, I can get it out soon!

Srsddf4781

Yeah, I'm probably going to finish it. Just slowly making progress while also getting slightly self-conscious reading other fanfics right now.

I think I may have talked about it on this thread previously, but I started writing at a time when I accepted Poke Shipping probably wasn't going to happen. So I had the idea for a story where Misty gets closure for her feelings and all that when they're older. But lo and behold, literally the day after I finished my rough draft, that episode with Misty dropped and revitalized the Poke Shipping community with a newfound hope.

I guess it's just bad timing on my part, but I think it's still worth finishing. Hopefully, I can get it out soon!
Who really knows what’s going to happen canonically at this point. The whole fandom is divided on this topic, but judging by what I’ve recently read from Japan accounts, it inspires hope that Pokeshipping is actually endgame, whether it’s blantly stated or not. Rica and Mayumi getting a lot of people questioning things, lol.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Who really knows what’s going to happen canonically at this point. The whole fandom is divided on this topic, but judging by what I’ve recently read from Japan accounts, it inspires hope that Pokeshipping is actually endgame, whether it’s blantly stated or not. Rica and Mayumi getting a lot of people questioning things, lol.
Yeah, I don't really think they're actually going to become "canon" by the end, at least not in the sense most people think by actually becoming a couple. But we've certainly been pushed in that direction, and I could see them hinting at the two of them ending up together in the future. We've still got quite a ways to go until the end, though.

Srsddf4781

Yeah, I don't really think they're actually going to become "canon" by the end, at least not in the sense most people think by actually becoming a couple. But we've certainly been pushed in that direction, and I could see them hinting at the two of them ending up together in the future. We've still got quite a ways to go until the end, though.
The hints are likely the way, yeah. Ash’s Queen of Hearts might be the key, really. The only real way to be appropriate given the series’ history would be a time skip. That’s something else controversial in the fandom, but I could actually see in the last episode many photos of all the characters Ash has traveled with, and one as an adult in a picture frame at the end slide. That’s being more than generous, but it’s what I hope. Certainly not worth arguing though, lol!

greninjamaster

I don't think anything is going to end becoming "canon" but I do think Pokeshipping is going to be the one that lives on more than likely in other media. We all know Netflix is making a live action Pokemon and they will do Ash and Misty since it's the US and they LOVE Pokeshipping here lol. Notice how whenever they talk about live action Pokemon they always say whose being cast as Ash and Misty. No one is talking about anybody aside from the OS. Icons they all are.

Pokeshipping has already withstood the test of time, it's 25+ years and finding a resurgence right now. After their reunion episode it would not surprise me if at the end of the series we see a suggestion that Ash and Misty will get together at the very end. I wish we could find out why Misty has decided to follow Ash this time, considering she was obviously lying and even Ash knows. Maybe in the last episode Ash can ask her why did she end up following him.

Srsddf4781

Misty is usually the first person Ash asks about once he gets home and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. While we don’t see it on screen, it has been established that Ash keeps up with his past traveling companions one way or another. Misty is specifically asked for by Ash though, and the usual responses are “You just missed her,” or “She had to leave to see to her duties at the Cerulean Gym,” which could very well imply Misty waits for Ash to come and makes an effort to spend time with him. Ash just doesn’t make it in time. Given this knowledge he may have on how much she misses him and that this is a post ‘Gotta Catch Ya’ Later’ Misty, he might have suspected something to have changed on how she views him, at bare minimum. Thus his smug attitude recently when she wanted to travel with him. Her crush is real; it affects some conversations she has with him now, and he might start beginning to catch on… as dense as he is.

greninjamaster

Misty is usually the first person Ash asks about once he gets home and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. While we don’t see it on screen, it has been established that Ash keeps up with his past traveling companions one way or another. Misty is specifically asked for by Ash though, and the usual responses are “You just missed her,” or “She had to leave to see to her duties at the Cerulean Gym,” which could very well imply Misty waits for Ash to come and makes an effort to spend time with him. Ash just doesn’t make it in time. Given this knowledge he may have on how much she misses him and that this is a post ‘Gotta Catch Ya’ Later’ Misty, he might have suspected something to have changed on how she views him, at bare minimum. Thus his smug attitude recently when she wanted to travel with him. Her crush is real; it affects some conversations she has with him now, and he might start beginning to catch on… as dense as he is.
I definitely think he 100% has realized at least that she was lying this time just based on the expression he made.

Srsddf4781

I definitely think he 100% has realized at least that she was lying this time just based on the expression he made.
You’re right; he definitely knows something is up. With that being said, I did more digging around the Pokeshipping community. I found a rumor that the current writer, Jun Owata has had a hand in several past episodes dating all the way back to Johto. I tried looking this up for confirmation, but I couldn’t find anything. Here’s the link:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I feel like there needs to be more Pokeshipping teasing, whatever form that may take, in the remaining episodes, as well as a distinct lack of Amourshipping, for me to be more convinced that Ash x Misty is the true pairing. That's not me being a hater either, as I like Poke just as much as I like Amour just as much as I like Pearl.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I feel like there needs to be more Pokeshipping teasing, whatever form that may take, in the remaining episodes, as well as a distinct lack of Amourshipping, for me to be more convinced that Ash x Misty is the true pairing. That's not me being a hater either, as I like Poke just as much as I like Amour just as much as I like Pearl.
Considering it's likely that Misty and Brock will stick with Ash through the rest of this mini-series, I think there's definitely room for more teasing. What they do with Serena is still up in the air, but I highly doubt they would outright ignore that situation. We really only have basic plot summaries for the next few episodes, so only time will tell what actually goes down in them and who Ash might meet up with.

greninjamaster

She hasn't appeared in the show in a big role since 2016 aside from a one episode stint in Journeys. IDK how much more of a lack you need, at best she's gonna be another cameo if that.

Srsddf4781

Hey, as far as Serena goes, from a Pokeshipper to an Amourshipper, I might be able to give an idea. If Serena returned, I highly doubt Misty would hate her. Misty’s relationship has progressed over a long period of time with Ash. If these characters stay true to themselves then I’d imagine Serena would try to be physical with Ash again. With that said, this is Misty post ‘Gotta Catch Ya’ Later.’ She won’t just let Serena kiss on Ash or get too romantic. Try to imagine how she had respect for Melody; someone who does really care about Ash, but still can be flirtatious. Getting too close to Ash will warrant feedback much in the same way Misty handled Macy, but the girls will respect each other in the end, maybe even form a rivalry with each other over Ash. Ash himself won’t do anything; “A wise Pokémon trainer never interrupts a cat fight” - Brock Harrison. He already does recognize Misty’s jealousy in the show though. As far as Pokeshipping being endgame, they’ve teased it in the show during ‘Spurt!’- When Ash sang about the things he loves and it included his Queen of Hearts. So far, this hasn’t been retconned, but we’ll just have to wait and see. If you’d like a translation of that opening, it can be found on Bulbapedia and YouTube. Best of luck to all of us, I suppose.