• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
hehe, WOW! ^^ that's alot of thought but who knows? That could be what misty thinks :eek:)
I really like your development of Misty and I can't wait to see your one-shot becasue I've read all the fics on your ff.net profile and I love it ^^
Misty coming to terms with unrequited love really makes sense *although we know it wont be unrequited forever--Ashy has to grow up someday and his realization will be exactly like CarinaT's artwork "Crap I'm in love with misty!"*
hehe

I find Misty as the most developed character in Pokemon, as well as the most developed of Ashs friends as well. ^_^ And with what Hakajin said, its what brings out the fun in shipping. ^_^

Eventually, i'm hoping to start on a few AMVs of my own for Ash and Misty. Now all I mostly need are the appropriate clips and the music I need. :D

Oh yeah, i'm almost done with my Pokeshipping Anniversary Playlist. :D After a few more songs, i'll post it up here! :D

ii jan! ii jan! sugee jan?!

(Isn't it good?! Isn't it good?! Isn't it great?!
Isn't it good?! Isn't it good?! Isn't it great?!) :D

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I find Misty as the most developed character in Pokemon, as well as the most developed of Ashs friends as well. ^_^ And with what Hakajin said, its what brings out the fun in shipping. ^_^

Eventually, i'm hoping to start on a few AMVs of my own for Ash and Misty. Now all I mostly need are the appropriate clips and the music I need.

Oh yeah, i'm almost done with my Pokeshipping Anniversary Playlist. After a few more songs, i'll post it up here!

(Isn't it good?! Isn't it good?! Isn't it great?!
Isn't it good?! Isn't it good?! Isn't it great?!)
Lol :) I totally agree, it seems Misty is the most matured person in the whole show. She's the one with the most insight and most realization for that matter. May is rather clueless, Max is like 5 years old and idk what's wrong with Brock but he's alittle slow. Don't get me started on Ash loll. and Dawn is just... 10. XD *no bashing, just pointing out reality*
Misty realizes her feelings for Ash and we can see in her cameos that *apart from arguing with Ash constantly* she acts the most mature and calm (as well as in Pokemon Chronicles). I think her being a gym leader has made her slightly older... I wouldn't be surprised if she came back and she would feel a little off with some of the jokes or stupidity because she's not used to it anymore. Although I doubt the producers would do that but its just an idea.

New question!!
Do you think Misty's absense as caused other shippers/Pokemon fans in general to forget how much she contributed to Ash's development as a character? Do you think people have forgotten her personality/how well she and Ash fit together? (After all, you hurt those you love the most ^^)?
Recently I've actually seen a lot of NonPokeshippers/Misty-fans have a completely distorted idea of AAML as well as of Misty alone. The seem to think Ash and her had no connection whatsoever and that she was just some meanie that left. I think people should honestly start watching the first season as well as the Orange Island season because after watching that *as well as GCYL*, one CANNOT with a straight face say Ash and Misty had no connection at all. It's impossible to deny that. And of course, we, the Pokeshippers, are enlightened enough to know that the closeness of their relationship goes way beyond friendship *especially on Misty's part and Ash's subconciously*. :D Okay, my rant is over, I just had to do that. (Now I must go off to the Shipper's Repent thread). hehe ^^ don't ask.

[img139]http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/2008amparker/Is_this_love______by_cicuskamarichu.jpg[/img139]
"Realization" by Cicuskamarichu
PS: My friend drew an amaaazing AAML pic for me that I shall upload this weekend and show you all ^^ he's a professional artist.

Last edited:

adrenaline

sensible hearts
Do you think Misty's absense as caused other shippers/Pokemon fans in general to forget how much she contributed to Ash's development as a character? Do you think people have forgotten her personality/how well she and Ash fit together? (After all, you hurt those you love the most ^^)?

That may have something to do with it, but I personally think it has more to do with a younger group. Some newer fans of the show (Hoenn and Sinnoh) who started watching after Misty left I think grew to love May and then Dawn more. Its not like they forgot about Misty, its just they started watching at a time where Misty was gone and May and/or Dawn was the lead girl and naturally they pair them with Ash.

Do you think Misty's absence as caused other shippers/Pokemon fans in general to forget how much she contributed to Ash's development as a character? Do you think people have forgotten her personality/how well she and Ash fit together? (After all, you hurt those you love the most ^^)?

Hmm. I guess so. To me, it would not be so much on the forgetting, but more so on the newer/younger audiences watching the newer scenes and having no clue who Misty is.

Also, to answer your other question, it is kinda hard to forget Misty's personality. She probably sticks out the most. o_o That bike joke shall live on in infamy.

:eek:

Or did you already forget...

CONSPIRACY!!!

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
hehe, WOW! ^^ that's alot of thought but who knows? That could be what misty thinks )
I really like your development of Misty and I can't wait to see your one-shot becasue I've read all the fics on your ff.net profile and I love it ^^
Misty coming to terms with unrequited love really makes sense *although we know it wont be unrequited forever--Ashy has to grow up someday and his realization will be exactly like CarinaT's artwork "Crap I'm in love with misty!"*
hehe

Heh, thanks. Well, let us all fervently hope so. Personally, I think it's mostly friendship on Ash's part, but that it'll grow into something else. The friendship and closeness were always the most important aspects of Pokeshipping for me. Well, for any relationship, really. Heh, there's another thing I thought about through shipping.

Do you think Misty's absence as caused other shippers/Pokemon fans in general to forget how much she contributed to Ash's development as a character? Do you think people have forgotten her personality/how well she and Ash fit together? (After all, you hurt those you love the most ^^)?

Well, some people didn't like Misty from the beginning because she's tsundere. That seems to be a polarizing personality type. But I think it's like everyone keeps saying, the newer Pokemon fans just don't know much about Misty.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys after about a year of training and school i am back, i will try to keep up as much as i can but it will be hard. for thoes of you who dont know me iv been a PS since i started watching the episodes when they first came out it just clicked to me..........................
i'm not as diehard as i was before being older kinda forces that but i am still writeing fan stories about the first few seasons and i am still keeping up on this Ship because i would love to see it happen........ i allready have a storie in place to post if the righters decide to screw us and make ash go with some one else or end the show without it....... =)

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
@AAML keeping hope!!! HEYYYY =D, Welcome back although I'm sure we've NEVER met! HEhE, you're username already proves we're gonna be great friends ^_____^ Feel free to provide any Pokeshipping stuff you've got! We live off of the stuff
@tatewaki2000 haha forrizzle!! CONSPIRACYY!! ^^ I love the bike joke, it NEVER gets old. Besides, a good excuse for Misty to come back is to simply tell "Ash, well YOU didn't buy me a new bike!" lol
@Hajikin/adrenaline trueee, it is ALOT of younger audiences, but since a lot of people these days ship Ash with nonmain characters (like Anabel and Aoi), I wouldn't be surprised that a cameo with Misty would bring us more new members :D

Heh, thanks. Well, let us all fervently hope so. Personally, I think it's mostly friendship on Ash's part, but that it'll grow into something else. The friendship and closeness were always the most important aspects of Pokeshipping for me. Well, for any relationship, really. Heh, there's another thing I thought about through shipping.
You're so very welcome, fellow PSer! Yeah friendship can ALWAYS grow into something more and honestly, I think every ship that ATTEMPS to ship someone with Ash would probably say the same thing. That Ash feels friendship toward [person] and that it will grow into something else. We, of course, (the conspiracers *cough*) fervently believe he will wake up *I jsut LOVE CarinaT's work!* and say.....
"OH CRAP IM IN LOVE WITH MISTY"
^^

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
^ reported. Please refrain from posting things like this. It is not relevant to Pokeshipping therefore should not even be here, nor thought of posting here.
Anyway...
This is the only time I've seen this fanart colored and I just find it rlly cute!
[img139]http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/223/b/8/Ash_and_Misty_by_MoonFaerie24.png[/img139]
made by MoonFaerie24

Last edited:
HEYYYY =D, Welcome back although I'm sure we've NEVER met! HEhE, you're username already proves we're gonna be great friends ^_____^ Feel free to provide any Pokeshipping stuff you've got! We live off of the stuff

ya ill try man lol..... to bad i havent heard anything lately......kinda sucks.. heh thats why i wrote my version of them geting together so i wont be compleatly sad if it happends lol........ but ya ill pop in here 1 or 2 times a week and do topics and stuff and to check the status of misty.... if any of you know ANYTHINg PLZ reply about here allthough im sure its the same stuff............

fúck, do her BROCK DO HER, goddamn, do her!

Really man? you have to post stuff like this are you that immature....... it may be funny to you but it is just retarded.......

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
ya ill try man lol..... to bad i havent heard anything lately......kinda sucks.. heh thats why i wrote my version of them geting together so i wont be compleatly sad if it happends lol........ but ya ill pop in here 1 or 2 times a week and do topics and stuff and to check the status of misty.... if any of you know ANYTHINg PLZ reply about here allthough im sure its the same stuff............
Unfortunately I highly doubt there's gonna be anything new until Sinnoh is over :( Here's hoping. Anyway, is your version on ff.net or something? SO we can read it?! :D

Really man? you have to post stuff like this are you that immature....... it may be funny to you but it is just retarded.......
There's alot of haters out there but no worries, it'll probably be gone later today when some mod reads my report against it :) *tisk tisk* People are just so jealous of PSing XD

I know right? To be honest, I actually think Misty is a nice person who is misunderstood. (I'll explain why another time.) Currently, I'm working on a pokeshipping fan-fic. (It takes place after Sinnoh.) I may post the link later or tomorrow when I get the chance.

The fan art you posted by MoonFaerie24, is adorable, M!sty. ^_^

I apologize for not posting sooner. (Busy with college. I'm 19, btw.)

Something to discuss: Seeing as how Misty has a bike now, (while the other two girls do not, may I add...) Ash can destroy Misty's bike again. ^_^ If Misty were to join up with Ash again, do you think he'd "accidentally" break her bike a second time?

Moogleborg

Kamen Rider IXA
^ reported. Please refrain from posting things like this. It is not relevant to Pokeshipping therefore should not even be here, nor thought of posting here.
Anyway...
This is the only time I've seen this fanart colored and I just find it rlly cute!
[img139]http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/223/b/8/Ash_and_Misty_by_MoonFaerie24.png[/img139]
made by MoonFaerie24

Aww, it looks wonderful colored! :D Kudos to MoonFaerie 24 for coloring it! :D

Gonna bold your question for a topic there KartWheelyGirl. ^^

If Misty were to join up with Ash again, do you think he'd "accidentally" break her bike a second time?

XD, who knows? Of course Pikachu will be there and once Mistys bike is destroyed, what i'll be wondering is if Misty will be traveling with Ash again as an 'excuse' for him to get her bike again, or to just travel again with him like they used to. ^_^

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
YESSS!!! THAT IDIOT POST GOT DELETED :D ^^ mods ARE here for a reason! Anyway!
I know right? To be honest, I actually think Misty is a nice person who is misunderstood. (I'll explain why another time.) Currently, I'm working on a pokeshipping fan-fic. (It takes place after Sinnoh.) I may post the link later or tomorrow when I get the chance.

The fan art you posted by MoonFaerie24, is adorable, M!sty. ^_^

I apologize for not posting sooner. (Busy with college. I'm 19, btw.)
It's chill, I got college too (although ALOT of free time so I have no excuse in not updating my fic =[) Yay for college students!! *freshman or sophomore?* That's cool, I'm currently updating my once ficlet that took place post AG but now takes place post-DP! XD Maybe we'll have a fic face off! I'd love to see it! Feel free to post it under Shipping Fics, we need some more PS there!

Something to discuss: Seeing as how Misty has a bike now, (while the other two girls do not, may I add...) Ash can destroy Misty's bike again. ^_^ If Misty were to join up with Ash again, do you think he'd "accidentally" break her bike a second time?

Well TECHNICALLY, Ash NEVER did give her bike back, Nurse Joy simply replaced it ^^ so I think it would be REALLY funny if Ash destroyed her bike again. I think she'd be annoyed but slightly happy to rejoin him. (*obv for different reasons this time*)
Looking back at it, I honestly still can't believe they actually had Misty get her bike back, it makes me slightly sad but slightly happy that the producers still choose to focus their show somewhat on AAML =] I haven't seen Ash take out the contest ribbon of May's (cept when she arrived of course) like he did Misty's lure ;D *nudge nudge*

IM SO HAPPY YOURE BACK FROM MIA KWG!! :D I love my fervent Pokeshippers!!

Aww, it looks wonderful colored! Kudos to MoonFaerie 24 for coloring it!
I know right? I stumbled upon it and then found Teppo Pepper's original on her website hehe, I really like the coloring although i LOVE teppo's art *proving that there are pokeshippers in japan i may add*

I'm running late so I'll edit my post and answer the recent questions later but..
Did you guys know Misty has an unidentified boyfriend in HeartGold/SoulSilver? Now I know that's a different Misty but you can bet some Anti-Pokeshippers would bring it that up anyways, your views and arguments?

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Did you guys know Misty has an unidentified boyfriend in HeartGold/SoulSilver? Now I know that's a different Misty but you can bet some Anti-Pokeshippers would bring it that up anyways, your views and arguments?

Is it on serebii? How do you know that? could be Ashy!! -shot- haahahah XD
She might have one to make Ash jealous maybe? :0) thats my personal view tbh! Or else its a totally different Misty hehe. Because the Misty in the anime wears different clothes, has travelled before she became gym leader, etc. ?
I'm not worried one bit XD Besides if she did get a bf in the anime, it would make a very good awkward drama when Ashy boy finds out :p
OHHH WAIT!!! NEVERMIND!!!!!!! Okay, so according to source(although idk if you could consider that a source...), Bill (in the game, NOT anime) and Misty had a thing going but Gold/Kris messed their date up and it just ended there. Haha okay now I'm not worried at all, because it doesn't follow the storyplot whatsoever. Unless you would take anime-Georgio as game-Bill and consider the fact that Misty never wanted to go on a date with him and that other Electabuzz girl went in her place? lol, idk overthinking it too much.
THE POINT is... Ash and Misty belong together so ha! :p XD
[img139]http://www.freewebs.com/misty_ketchum18/AAML-excuse.jpg[/img139]
POkemon Heroes Pokeshippy scene, Ash catches Misty looking at him and smiles back vv
[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/marixoxella/pokemon/pokeshipping-3.jpg[/img139]
Master Quest = fav PSing season :) I think that's where Misty comes to terms with her feelings for Ash *Macy episode, GCYL*

Last edited:

adrenaline

sensible hearts

Funny you should mention that. I was reading on the homepage when Misty leaves the Gym she can be found on Route 25 or the Cerulean Cape. She is looking east, out into the ocean. See below.
[IMG139]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/da1theflu/ceruleancape.jpg[/IMG139]

Now correct me if I'm wrong but to the east of Kanto is Sinnoh--where Ash is currently traveling! Coincidence? Maybe. I mean, she could have been put anywhere else, but its there. Might be a subtle in-game Pokeshipping hint.

Semidos

Pokeshipper
Something to discuss: Seeing as how Misty has a bike now, (while the other two girls do not, may I add...) Ash can destroy Misty's bike again. ^_^ If Misty were to join up with Ash again, do you think he'd "accidentally" break her bike a second time? Hmmm. No I doubt, she doesn't ride on her bike more. *Looking back and searching episode: A Real Cleffa-Hanger* Hmm. Yes I see that she goes to Cerulean City without bike. However she can take her bike again.

Master Quest = fav PSing season :) I think that's where Misty comes to terms with her feelings for Ash *Macy episode, GCYL*
Agree :)

Espeonic

Hero of Winds

Okay, so according to source(although idk if you could consider that a source...), Bill (in the game, NOT anime) and Misty had a thing going but Gold/Kris messed their date up and it just ended there. Haha okay now I'm not worried at all, because it doesn't follow the storyplot whatsoever. Unless you would take anime-Georgio as game-Bill and consider the fact that Misty never wanted to go on a date with him and that other Electabuzz girl went in her place? lol, idk overthinking it too much.
THE POINT is... Ash and Misty belong together so ha! :p XD

POkemon Heroes Pokeshippy scene, Ash catches Misty looking at him and smiles back vv
[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/marixoxella/pokemon/pokeshipping-3.jpg[/img139]

Well, Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal had that as well, having to interrupt her date with someone (I doubt it's Bill) to challenge her to a Gym battle. Since HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of these games, it's probably in there just to connect with those earlier games. And like XxM!styxX said, that was already kind of covered in "A Date With Delcatty", and we all know why she didn't go out with Georgio. XD

Speaking of this, in Pokémon Yellow (which is based more on the anime, and the protagonist is supposed to more strongly represent Ash Ketchum himself), I think when you challenge Misty, she actually calls him "sweetie", and I don't think she calls him that in Red, Blue, FireRed or LeafGreen. I don't really consider it an actual PokéShipping hint since it's game-based, but it's a bit supscious that she calls him "sweetie" in the verison that's most based on the anime, don't you think?

Ah, yes. Master Quest is my second favorite season, after the Orange Islands. I've always loved that moment of them looking at each other before that race in Pokémon Heroes. And I guess this is when Misty come to terms with her feelings. The funny thing about the episode with Macy, "Love, Pokémon Style" is during the scene after Ash gets Pikachu and Macy's Vulpix back, if you watch it with no dialogue whatsoever (whether it's English, Japanese, or any other language), you can tell exactly what's going on. Macy becomes infatuated with Ash, Misty angerly intervenes, she and Macy get into an arguement. The part I also really loved was Ash seemed to actually sense the awkward tension between Misty and Macy and decided to run away. And then Misty looks angerly at Macy as she waves good-bye to him. That just may be my favorite PokéShipping hint.

And "Gotta Catch Ya Later" is definitely a big moment because of the line Misty has, "Well, Ash Ketchum, finally, I know how you feel about me." in English. I think in Japanese it was, "It's okay, Satoshi, I know how you feel." Either way, this leaves PokéShipping open-ended to me. Misty could have either understood that Ash only sees her as a friend, or he sees her as something more (whether he himself has realized this or not). Because of "A Date With Delcatty", I would say that she realized the latter, but that's just me.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆

Funny you should mention that. I was reading on the homepage when Misty leaves the Gym she can be found on Route 25 or the Cerulean Cape. She is looking east, out into the ocean. See below.
[IMG139]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/da1theflu/ceruleancape.jpg[/IMG139]

Now correct me if I'm wrong but to the east of Kanto is Sinnoh--where Ash is currently traveling! Coincidence? Maybe. I mean, she could have been put anywhere else, but its there. Might be a subtle in-game Pokeshipping hint.

OMG yay! that's GREAT news :D PSers make my day tbh ^^

Well, Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal had that as well, having to interrupt her date with someone (I doubt it's Bill) to challenge her to a Gym battle. Since HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of these games, it's probably in there just to connect with those earlier games. And like XxM!styxX said, that was already kind of covered in "A Date With Delcatty", and we all know why she didn't go out with Georgio. XD

Speaking of this, in Pokémon Yellow (which is based more on the anime, and the protagonist is supposed to more strongly represent Ash Ketchum himself), I think when you challenge Misty, she actually calls him "sweetie", and I don't think she calls him that in Red, Blue, FireRed or LeafGreen. I don't really consider it an actual PokéShipping hint since it's game-based, but it's a bit supscious that she calls him "sweetie" in the verison that's most based on the anime, don't you think?

Ah, yes. Master Quest is my second favorite season, after the Orange Islands. I've always loved that moment of them looking at each other before that race in Pokémon Heroes. And I guess this is when Misty come to terms with her feelings. The funny thing about the episode with Macy, "Love, Pokémon Style" is during the scene after Ash gets Pikachu and Macy's Vulpix back, if you watch it with no dialogue whatsoever (whether it's English, Japanese, or any other language), you can tell exactly what's going on. Macy becomes infatuated with Ash, Misty angerly intervenes, she and Macy get into an arguement. The part I also really loved was Ash seemed to actually sense the awkward tension between Misty and Macy and decided to run away. And then Misty looks angerly at Macy as she waves good-bye to him. That just may be my favorite PokéShipping hint.

And "Gotta Catch Ya Later" is definitely a big moment because of the line Misty has, "Well, Ash Ketchum, finally, I know how you feel about me." in English. I think in Japanese it was, "It's okay, Satoshi, I know how you feel." Either way, this leaves PokéShipping open-ended to me. Misty could have either understood that Ash only sees her as a friend, or he sees her as something more (whether he himself has realized this or not). Because of "A Date With Delcatty", I would say that she realized the latter, but that's just me.
I have no idea if it was actually Bill, I just went by what most links were telling me hahaha =] but we all know its not actually like that :D AAML for life man.
Those producers aren't stupid, they're throwing very subtle hints for us and hey who knows, they might read this thread and snap there fingers like "darn! caught us again! those smart kids ^^" XD
I LOVE POKESHIPPERS AND I LOVE OUR OTP!!

Does anyone know what HTML I have to put to make words striked out??