• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Ashmisty

Yeah no, before you guys start spreading blatant misinformation take another listen. She says ‘sore ja’ as in ‘well then, i’m heading to cerulean’.

She calls satoshi and takeshi normally as she leaves.
I don’t understand Japanese much but I have tried listening to her words carefully. How is “sore ja” pronounced? Is it pronounced as the English word “sore”? Well that certainly didn’t sound like sore at all! Listen again. It was sounding more like “Sato”. Don’t know what she exactly said though. Now that you have mentioned it I am confused lol. May be she indeed said “Sore ja”. It was too fast!

Last edited:

greninjamaster

Yeah no, before you guys start spreading blatant misinformation take another listen. She says ‘sore ja’ as in ‘well then, i’m heading to cerulean’.

What a strange timeline you are living in XD
Why are y'all even on this thread? Go back to your dead thread instead of trying to start stuff here. Which is against forum rules FYI.

Also AARTX it's not strange but you'll find out sooner or later when cast descriptions are released.

greninjamaster

Detective Pikachu 2 movie has nothing to do with the anime. I have no idea why you're bringing this up. There is zero reason to expect Ash in a live action Detective Pikachu movie, much less Misty or Brock. Why do you make this up?
Detective Pikachu literally confirmed in a BTS featurette that the Mewtwo featured in the movie is the same one from Pokemon The First Movie. So guess what that means? It does take place in the anime world and I am not making up anything, you'll find out soon enough.

Pokeshipping WILL live on in other media and you wanna know why? Because of nostalgia and it's the OG ship.

greninjamaster

Also there has been absolutely no indication Detective Pikachu or any western stuff has any impact on the anime. We're never going to see a live action Ash cast by Americans, I don't know where this "wait and see" is coming.
Of course it's not gonna have any impact on the anime because Ash's story has concluded in the anime form however the west is going to bring in Ash in live action in their upcoming projects.

You seriously think Hollywood gives a crap about what happened in the anime in Japan? No they're gonna do what they think they need to do to make $$$ simple as that. Nostalgia = $$$

I remember you saying Misty and Brock would travel with Ash forever after MPM ends and they left at the beginning of this last ep.
I never once said that was a fact. All I said was that would be my preferred ending.

greninjamaster

They literally went with a live action version of an obscure spinoff game rather than adapting Ash or Red as the first big movie. I'm also pretty sure Ash specifically is off limits to western companies to use in movies. If we see Misty or Brock in future movies they would be more in line with the game versions of the characters and nothing to do with the anime ones.
They did that to test the waters, simple as that. It would be much easier to adapt the spin off game then try to get audiences involved in an Ash or Red film as the first taste of live action Pokemon and it worked. The only issue was they released the film a week after the highest grossing film in history, Endgame.

LOL Ash is not off limits I can tell you that, especially now that he's been written off the anime.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Why are y'all even on this thread? Go back to your dead thread instead of trying to start stuff here. Which is against forum rules FYI.
Finally: Rival shippers and skeptics, you are welcome to participate in this thread, but that invitation is only open as long as you remain respectful and refrain from party pooping at any given opportunity. Clearing up factually incorrect information spread by another user, or voicing a little bit of doubt here and there, or staying cautious when others voice sky-high expectations, that's fine. Debbie Downers who're all "meh" and "nah" at every hopeful/optimistic interpretation or theory shared here on the other hand, are strongly encouraged to check out other places. Even if you're not eligible for a forum-wide ban, you can be banned from replying to specific threads. Just saying.

Srsddf4781

‘Sore ja’ is collegially an adverb in Japanese. We also can also translate the term as in, ‘all right.’ She still called him ‘Sato- Chan.’ By the way, the anime is over, everyone. There doesn’t need to be stupid shipping wars. I’m reading the comments too. We can always agree to disagree.

Ashmisty

‘Sore ja’ is collegially an adverb in Japanese. We also can also translate the term as in, ‘all right.’ She still called him ‘Sato- Chan.’
Now that the other user mentioned it, I am genuinely confused. I have tried listening to it several times. What did she say? To me now it’s sounding more like Sore ja . Damn it’s so tough when you don’t know sh*t about another language. It’s possible that people heard it as “Sato Chan” instead and put the information on Twitter? Like I said she said it too fast.

greninjamaster

Now that the other user mentioned it, I am genuinely confused. I have tried listening to it several times. What did she say? To me now it’s sounding more like Sore ja . Damn it’s so tough when you don’t know sh*t about another language. It’s possible that people heard it as “Sato Chan” instead and put the information on Twitter? Like I said she said it too fast.
A lot of people heard sato Chan you were not alone in your interpretation and that user trying to rain on your parade was not cool. Also against forum rules.

Srsddf4781

A lot of people heard sato Chan you were not alone in your interpretation and that user trying to rain on your parade was not cool. Also against forum rules.
It’s what I’ve been seeing and heard. You can still watch the episode here: https://www.youtube.com/live/yjKHuk1xsLE?feature=share
Regardless. I’m not going to attack anyone I disagree with. It’s a hint, not a confirmation anyways. We got Kasumi’s confirmation years ago.

Sirunala

Wait - how many pages have I missed? I've just came home from my lectures today, and suddenly there are SO MANY NEW POSTS xD I don't mind discussing about that topic with you guys, It's never a bad thing to have different perspectives, right? : D
Yeah, when it comes to different media Misty (and Ash) maybe has an advantage - the company seems to really like Kanto, and even did an (absolutely not necessary) "remake" of the first movie. That beeing said, I'm not sure if we will see any of the characteres again. There is a chance of seeing Misty, Brock and Ash in the next anime, based on the fact that the new school is in Kanto - but this might as well be a whole new universe. Even the pokemon company probably don't know if they ever want to bring back ash or misty (or in best case, both). We will probably have an answer after the SV ended - but that's still a long time to go. It would make sense to bring the OS-Trio back if there is some sort of new series (like a new live action series), but at the end a lot of things made sense but didn't happend in the end. As long as the current status is "We have to say goodbye to this universe and all the characteres", I will just continue drawing fanarts/fancomics, watching old episode and maybe reading some fanfictions. That's all I need. : )

Beside - I've just found this art from Yamatoking on twitter : D

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
‘Sore ja’ is collegially an adverb in Japanese. We also can also translate the term as in, ‘all right.’ She still called him ‘Sato- Chan.’ By the way, the anime is over, everyone. There doesn’t need to be stupid shipping wars. I’m reading the comments too. We can always agree to disagree.
Lmao even bringing up shipping wars, as if this is about something as petty as how to interpret some scene.

I’m genuinely correcting you guys about something factually wrong to save you guys from looking dumb. She doesn’t even say ‘chan’ in the entirety of the episode, and just calls them satoshi and takeshi as usual as she leaves. There’s really no mistaking what she says.

But sure, i’ve said my piece to try and correct something that is completely off the mark. You can believe what you want.

Ashmisty

Wait - how many pages have I missed? I've just came home from my lectures today, and suddenly there are SO MANY NEW POSTS xD I don't mind discussing about that topic with you guys, It's never a bad thing to have different perspectives, right? : D
Yeah, when it comes to different media Misty (and Ash) maybe has an advantage - the company seems to really like Kanto, and even did an (absolutely not necessary) "remake" of the first movie. That beeing said, I'm not sure if we will see any of the characteres again. There is a chance of seeing Misty, Brock and Ash in the next anime, based on the fact that the new school is in Kanto - but this might as well be a whole new universe. Even the pokemon company probably don't know if they ever want to bring back ash or misty (or in best case, both). We will probably have an answer after the SV ended - but that's still a long time to go. It would make sense to bring the OS-Trio back if there is some sort of new series (like a new live action series), but at the end a lot of things made sense but didn't happend in the end. As long as the current status is "We have to say goodbye to this universe and all the characteres", I will just continue drawing fanarts/fancomics, watching old episode and maybe reading some fanfictions. That's all I need. : )

Beside - I've just found this art from Yamatoking on twitter : D
It’s a shame if they would completely write Ash off! With the kind of ending they gave to him, it’s probable that he is headed to another region and we might get to see more of him in future, not some couple of years down the line but eventually!

Sirunala

It’s a shame if they would completely write Ash off! With the kind of ending they gave to him, it’s probable that he is headed to another region and we might get to see more of him in future, not some couple of years down the line but eventually!
I hope so. I would love to see an older, grown up Ash in the future - with Misty and Brock by his side as a best chase scenario! : D

Gantai

Lmao even bringing up shipping wars, as if this is about something as petty as how to interpret some scene.

I’m genuinely correcting you guys about something factually wrong to save you guys from looking dumb. She doesn’t even say ‘chan’ in the entirety of the episode, and just calls them satoshi and takeshi as usual as she leaves. There’s really no mistaking what she says.

But sure, i’ve said my piece to try and correct something that is completely off the mark. You can believe what you want.
Honestly I can hear both and I'm pretty sure an unbiased native speaker would have their doubts as well.
Unless we ask Misty's VA what she really said that'll remain a mystery, idk how that could be embarrassing to anyone lol
It's worth to note that she's a huge pokeshipping fan tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if she pronounced it ambiguously on purpose.

Ashmisty

Honestly I can hear both and I'm pretty sure an unbiased native speaker would have their doubts as well.
Unless we ask Misty's VA what she really said that'll remain a mystery, idk how that could be embarrassing to anyone lol
It's worth to note that she's a huge pokeshipping fan tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if she pronounced it ambiguously on purpose.
Misty’s VA is a Pokeshipper? That’s sweet to know :)

Srsddf4781

Hmm. Maybe. It’s been done to death on this thread, lol. I can see fan works being amazing, always. There’s books that may likely help us out too. Who knows, but I doubt it will be the end of pokeshipping. Too iconic, imo.
That’s very kind of you. Spoke with ‘Aymen Senpai’ on YouTube today. That fan supposedly is done with their work sadly. I doubt they’d mind me sharing this again:

Ashmisty

Hmm. Maybe. It’s been done to death on this thread, lol. I can see fan works being amazing, always. There’s books that may likely help us out too. Who knows, but I doubt it will be the end of pokeshipping. Too iconic, imo.

That’s very kind of you. Spoke with ‘Aymen Senpai’ on YouTube today. That fan supposedly is done with their work sadly. I doubt they’d mind me sharing this again:
Omg! How come I never got my hands on this radio show before! Ash and Misty’s Japanese’s voice actresses shipping them awww <3 Ash’s VA saying that she thinks Kasumi is so cute, and she is the best pokegirl, even I agree! Aww the way Misty’s VA said that she wants Kasumi to profess her love to Satoshi xD I am disappointed we never got to see that! How much heartfelt it would have been, considering how tough Misty acts and has a hard time expressing her feelings!

Srsddf4781

Omg! How come I never got my hands on this radio show before! Ash and Misty’s Japanese’s voice actresses shipping them awww <3 Ash’s VA actress saying that she thinks Kasumi is so cute, and she is the best pokegirl, even I agree! Aww the way Misty’s VA actress said that she wants Kasumi to profess her love to Satoshi xD I am disappointed we never got to see that! How much heartfelt it would have been, considering how tough Misty acts and has a hard time expressing her feelings!
I’m glad we could help. Threads like this are useful for these particular situations. This has been documented as well on r/aaml Additionally, an incomplete clip can be found on ‘@pokeship_subs’ on Twitter. It’s known as ‘Team Rocket’s Secret Empire’ and was broadcast during Black and White era AniPoke. It was only released in Japan. Rica was given permission to host this particular episode and she chose only one guest- Mayumi.

Ashmisty

I’m glad we could help. Threads like this are useful for these particular situations. This has been documented as well on r/aaml Additionally, an incomplete clip can be found on ‘@pokeship_subs’ on Twitter. It’s known as ‘Team Rocket’s Secret Empire’ and was broadcast during Black and White era AniPoke. It was only released in Japan. Rica was given permission to host this particular episode and she chose only one guest- Mayumi.
So Ash’s Japanese VA is also a pokeshipper?